Thor vs. Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
1: Classic thor

2: Thor bloodlusted

Warlord
Originally posted by Black bolt z
1: Classic thor

2: Current thor

no diference

Sr J-Bieb
So... same Thor in both scenerios?

Vulcan absorbs everything Thor throws at him. Thor soundly trounced, gives up.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

Vulcan absorbs everything Thor throws at him. Thor soundly trounced, gives up. I thought there was a difference...in that case i'll edit

GalacticStorm
Vulcan may be able to absorb and redirect the majority of Thors energy attacks but im not sure he could do so with a godblast. Also with Mjolnir Thor could also absorb and redirect Vulcans energy based attacks, plus he has his durability, strength and faster reflexes to back him up. Thor wins the majority

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

Mjolnir absorbs everything Vulcan throws at him. Vulcan soundly trounced, gives up.

vulcan got nothing on mjolnir energy abilities and BB matched Vulcan H2H and Thor is far above BB in all areas

DarkOdin
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Vulcan may be able to absorb and redirect the majority of Thors energy attacks but im not sure he could do so with a godblast. Also with Mjolnir Thor could also absorb and redirect Vulcans energy based attacks, plus he has his durability, strength and faster reflexes to back him up. Thor wins the majority

Has Vulcan every absorb magic b/c all of Thor energies attacks are backup through magic and divine powers

Nihilist
Vulcan wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by DarkOdin
vulcan got nothing on mjolnir energy abilities and BB matched Vulcan H2H and Thor is far above BB in all areas False.

OneDumbG0
Has Vulcan every absorb magic b/c all of Thor energies attacks are backup through magic and divine powers Yes, he basically stripped Adam Warlock of his magicks in War of Kings.

Mshinu
Vulcan-pancake.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins. Unfortunately for Vulcan the majority of the time Thor fights like a brick with some lightning tossed around here and there.

D_Dude1210
Thor whacks him with his hammer. Thor wins.

Slaanesh
Thor..he's more powerful..

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Thor..he's more powerful.. Vulcan is an omega level mutants...

Slaanesh
Vulcan is an omega level mutants...

so??BB beat him..

Black bolt z
so??BB beat him.. I wouldn't know.I haven't read war of kings.

And...so what if BB beat him?BB has a chance to take a majority on thor too.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure, Black Bolt can take a majority over Thor. If Thor lets him that is.

Vulcan is an omega level mutants...

Are you trying to argue Thor isn't more powerful than Vulcan?

Thor's simply a bad match up for Vulcan.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure, Black Bolt can take a majority over Thor. If Thor lets him that is.

Are you trying to argue Thor isn't more powerful than Vulcan?

Thor's simply a bad match up for Vulcan. Not really.BB has a chance.Not as much as thor does but he does.

Why?

If you are using Slaanesh's logic on he beat him and hes more powerful the him then BB wins.Hulk and thor fight a lot and its usually 50/50.BB has only lost to WWH of the many times hes fought him.

Slaanesh
I wouldn't know.I haven't read war of kings.

And...so what if BB beat him?BB has a chance to take a majority on thor too.

i don't think so..Thor is stronger,more durable,can absorb anything BB throws at him..a couple of hammer blows at full strength to the face would put BB down..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really.BB has a chance.Not as much as thor does but he does.

Why?

If you are using Slaanesh's logic on he beat him and hes more powerful the him then BB wins.Hulk and thor fight a lot and its usually 50/50.BB has only lost to WWH of the many times hes fought him.

I think Black Bolt wins at best 4/10 against Thor.

It's simple. Thor fights like a brick with some lightning here and there. That spells trouble for Vulcan. Even if he choose to delve into his versatility, Vulcan would still lose. Mjolnir > Vulcan.

I'm not using Slannesh's lgoci.

Black bolt z
i don't think so..Thor is stronger,more durable,can absorb anything BB throws at him..a couple of hammer blows at full strength to the face would put BB down.. A couple of whispers to the face or master blows would put thor down as well...what makes you think BB is gonna stand there and let thor hit him?

And what exactly is BB gonna hit him with that he can absorb?

But as far as strength yes thor is stronger although they are both class 100+ and yes thor is more durable.

I admit in the a fight thor will take the majority more often then not but BB can take a good amount too.

Black bolt z
I think Black Bolt wins at best 4/10 against Thor.

It's simple. Thor fights like a brick with some lightning here and there. That spells trouble for Vulcan. Even if he choose to delve into his versatility, Vulcan would still lose. Mjolnir > Vulcan.

I'm not using Slannesh's lgoci. I'd say a good solid 4/10.Not at best.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd say a good solid 4/10.Not at best.

Black Bolt isn't taking more than 4/10 against Thor.

Black bolt z
Black Bolt isn't taking more than 4/10 against Thor. 4.5 at best.BB is awesome.But thor is just a little too far out of his league.

Rage.Of.Olympus
4.5 at best.BB is awesome.But thor is just a little too far out of his league.

4.5? Meh, I can live with that.

Thor isn't out of Black Bolt's league. Black Bolt is a herald level character. I'd say his an elite Top Tier. Or at least was before DnA got their hands on him. Man, they f*cking ruined that character.

Sr J-Bieb
BB beats Thor. Vulcan has more tools to beat Thor.

He wins easily.

Slaanesh
A couple of whispers to the face or master blows would put thor down as well...what makes you think BB is gonna stand there and let thor hit him?

But as far as strength yes thor is stronger although they are both class 100+ and yes thor is more durable.

I admit in the a fight thor will take the majority more often then not but BB can take a good amount too.

if it's get to h2h..BB gonna get some hammer to the face..Thor will get punch by BB..but hammer >>> punch..

and if it's go down to energy attack..Thor can absorb it..can BB absorb Thor energy blast??

dmills

Thor isn't out of Black Bolt's league. Black Bolt is a herald level character. I'd say his an elite Top Tier. Or at least was before DnA got their hands on him. Man, they f*cking ruined that character. You think they ruined BB? Why so? My take on them is that they seem to write everyone -except Norrin and Glads- Fairly conservatively.

DarkOdin
False. RIght the fact the Thor stomp BB everytime they had fought and he better feats then BB could every dream makes my statement false wink

DarkOdin
A couple of whispers to the face or master blows would put thor down as well...what makes you think BB is gonna stand there and let thor hit him?

BB scream couldn't even put down Vulcan we have seen the scream and it was all hype

Rage.Of.Olympus

I told you before, a Master Blow will at best knock Thor off his feet. GTFO with the notion that it can take down Thor. He won't be able to throw around multiple ones by the way. He puts all of his energy into that punch, leaving him weakened. It is perhaps the shittiest ultimate attack I've come across.

His energy attacks?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dmills
You think they ruined BB? Why so? My take on them is that they seem to write everyone -except Norrin and Glads- Fairly conservatively.

Yes, I really do. For one, I hate that they turned Black Bolt into a mini dictator. One of the main qualities that I liked about Black Bolt was his unfaltering will. No matter how much pain he suffered, no matter how much abuse he withstood, he was always able to control himself at least eventually.

Power level wise, I think they watered him down. I can see how his stock has fallen recently.

It also pisses me off that Black Bolt has been turned into a one trick pony. As if his scream was his only fall back card. He can do a lot more than punch, blast, and scream. I also dislike that they turned his voice into basically an overpowered Banshee scream. The electron disrupting aspect of it has been forgotten. Although, I guess you can't blame DnA solely for the last two.

Warlord
Thor beats him like Gladiator did

dmills
@Rage,

Yeah I can see that. Their strength is in sci-fi and lovecraftian horror theme's. When it comes to badass superhero fanboy moments, they're lacking.

Imo they really dropped the ball on Nova. With the momentum that the character had coming off of Annihilation, a great writer should've been able to knock it out of the park easily. Maybe their hearts were more into GOTG or something.

Anyway, I'm interested to see the direction that they decide to go with their Thor/Ironman project.

amnesia
I told you before, a Master Blow will at best knock Thor off his feet. GTFO with the notion that it can take down Thor. He won't be able to throw around multiple ones by the way. He puts all of his energy into that punch, leaving him weakened. It is perhaps the shittiest ultimate attack I've come across.

His energy attacks?

A scream wouldn't kill Thor either.

vansonbee
Vulcan can manipulate Thor magical abilities, but Thor still has chance with physical combat. Split here!
Originally posted by amnesia
A scream wouldn't kill Thor either. Your opinion.

I assume it will KO Thor at least, instead of killing.

If your bringing up Vulcan case, he can manipulate energy.

kgkg
Thor.

janus77
this would be an interesting fight. I think Vulcan's capable of trumping mjolnir's blasts, most likely he would feed off of them and fire back an amplified blast like Cho did.

Black bolt z

Thor isn't out of Black Bolt's league. Black Bolt is a herald level character. I'd say his an elite Top Tier. Or at least was before DnA got their hands on him. Man, they f*cking ruined that character. I mean just a little.Like how surfer is just a little out of thors league

DarkOdin
Originally posted by janus77
this would be an interesting fight. I think Vulcan's capable of trumping mjolnir's blasts, most likely he would feed off of them and fire back an amplified blast like Cho did. Cho in a genius who prepped Plus Mjolnir could do the same, also Cho admitted a move like that won't work twice stick out tongue

Black bolt z
if it's get to h2h..BB gonna get some hammer to the face..Thor will get punch by BB..but hammer >>> punch..

and if it's go down to energy attack..Thor can absorb it..can BB absorb Thor energy blast?? Prove thor can absorb a whisper/scream.I'm not even really sure what his voice is.I nkow it has something to do with his voice box being attached to his inhuman powers.And some sort of electron manipulation.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

His energy attacks? It will definitly put a hurt on thor.And like I said a couple of those to the face will put them down.And I know he can't do them in a row.But I was just using a theoretical situation.

Whos?And what about them?Originally posted by DarkOdin
RIght the fact the Thor stomp BB everytime they had fought and he better feats then BB could every dream makes my statement false wink That is complete bullshit.And the one time that fought thor didn't even beat him.His own feedback did.So no thor never beat BB.

And besides the godblast(which thor will never really be able to use in a fight against BB as BB is too fast to be hit)thor doesn't have massivly good feats.Originally posted by DarkOdin
BB scream couldn't even put down Vulcan we have seen the scream and it was all hype Except vulcan healed from it.Not tanked it.Thor doesn't have that luxury.And black bolt has made a cosmic flinch at the thought of him speaking.

You just seem to hate BB and wank thor.

A scream wouldn't kill Thor either. It probably would.At least KO.

Stoic
I guess if Thor fights like a brick in this one he should pulverize Vulcan.

DarkOdin
Prove thor can absorb a whisper/scream.I'm not even really sure what his voice is.I nkow it has something to do with his voice box being attached to his inhuman powers.And some sort of electron manipulation. It will definitly put a hurt on thor.And like I said a couple of those to the face will put them down.And I know he can't do them in a row.But I was just using a theoretical situation.

Whos?And what about them? That is complete bullshit.And the one time that fought thor didn't even beat him.His own feedback did.So no thor never beat BB.

And besides the godblast(which thor will never really be able to use in a fight against BB as BB is too fast to be hit)thor doesn't have massivly good feats. Except vulcan healed from it.Not tanked it.Thor doesn't have that luxury.And black bolt has made a cosmic flinch at the thought of him speaking.

You just seem to hate BB and wank thor.

It probably would.At least KO.

Thor taken hit from celestrial and the Odinforce trust me his durable enough to tank a scream, Plus i doubt the scream would get past Mjolnir anyway

Mindset
Thor would throw Mjolnir at BB, BB would swallow it, scream it back at Thor thus killing him.

Black bolt z
Thor taken hit from celestrial and the Odinforce trust me his durable enough to tank a scream, Plus i doubt the scream would get past Mjolnir anyway Anything involving thor last more then a seconde with a cosmic is PIS.And the odinforce is a good feat.But theres really no way to quantify a scream.So you can't say it isn't enough.

People somehow always rely on this redirecting attack 10x or even redircting it which I have never seen.And so for abosrbing he has never absorbed an attack.Always the energy from a person or inanimate object.

janus77
Cho in a genius who prepped Plus Mjolnir could do the same, also Cho admitted a move like that won't work twice stick out tongue
Cho's not got Vulcan's natural abilities with energy manipulation, so it required his genius.

I think the one-time deal was in that his device would be able to cope and Thor might operate a different type of attack next time.

Vulcan impressed me with his resilience in taking BB's scream, in manipulating the energies of the I-Bomb and generally in living up to the whole "omega level" shit.

Thor's physical attacks might not work too well on Vulcan either, given that he easily (and quickly) reformed from taking BB's scream.

amnesia
Anything involving thor last more then a seconde with a cosmic is PIS.And the odinforce is a good feat.But theres really no way to quantify a scream.So you can't say it isn't enough.

People somehow always rely on this redirecting attack 10x or even redircting it which I have never seen.And so for abosrbing he has never absorbed an attack.Always the energy from a person or inanimate object.

I love how your only argument is to stick your fingers in your ears going "lalalala".

janus77
I wonder if Sheldon's on Surfer's side of the Thor v Surfer argument...

amnesia
Probably surfer, so am i. And I'm a big Thor fanboy.

janus77
I'm a bit disappointed that Surfer merchandise hasn't been plugged on the show yet. Howard should have a Silver Surfboard in his bedroom for sure.

DarkOdin
Cho's not got Vulcan's natural abilities with energy manipulation, so it required his genius.

I think the one-time deal was in that his device would be able to cope and Thor might operate a different type of attack next time.

Vulcan impressed me with his resilience in taking BB's scream, in manipulating the energies of the I-Bomb and generally in living up to the whole "omega level" shit.

Thor's physical attacks might not work too well on Vulcan either, given that he easily (and quickly) reformed from taking BB's scream. True he did butt un like BB Thor using and energy attack would not tax like BB was. Vulvan should he had alot to bring to the table but Thor imo has a little more. H2H Thor should take and mjolnir should be able to counter anything vulcan throws at him. Not to mention BB and Vulcan were pretty even and Thor is a notch above Bb H2H wise

DarkOdin
Anything involving thor last more then a seconde with a cosmic is PIS.And the odinforce is a good feat.But theres really no way to quantify a scream.So you can't say it isn't enough.

People somehow always rely on this redirecting attack 10x or even redircting it which I have never seen.And so for abosrbing he has never absorbed an attack.Always the energy from a person or inanimate object. LOL Thro has one of the highest durability in the high herald ranks Hell Surfer, BRB THor hav plenty of showing agaisnt cosmics.

janus77
True he did butt un like BB Thor using and energy attack would not tax like BB was. Vulvan should he had alot to bring to the table but Thor imo has a little more. H2H Thor should take and mjolnir should be able to counter anything vulcan throws at him. Not to mention BB and Vulcan were pretty even and Thor is a notch above Bb H2H wise
oh, no argument, Thor is quite a lot stronger than either of them, and likely more powerful (offensively) than Vulcan.

I was just thinking that Vulcan's ability to reform is like Stardust's ability... but Vulcan can also deal with magic, making it difficult to take him out permanently.

I'm not so sure when it comes to energy manipulation though. I feel Vulcan's mutation might trump Mjolnir's or at the least would take it to its limits.

I can't see Vulcan winning, without Thor being stupid, but I see a good fight (unlike some others).

DarkOdin
oh, no argument, Thor is quite a lot stronger than either of them, and likely more powerful (offensively) than Vulcan.

I was just thinking that Vulcan's ability to reform is like Stardust's ability... but Vulcan can also deal with magic, making it difficult to take him out permanently.

I'm not so sure when it comes to energy manipulation though. I feel Vulcan's mutation might trump Mjolnir's or at the least would take it to its limits.

I can't see Vulcan winning, without Thor being stupid, but I see a good fight (unlike some others). thumb up good points

Rage.Of.Olympus
It will definitly put a hurt on thor.And like I said a couple of those to the face will put them down.And I know he can't do them in a row.But I was just using a theoretical situation.

Hahaha, your still on this bullshit stance? How short is your memory? Did I not already prove to you that Black Bolt's Master Blow wouldn't do shit to Thor?

The Master Blow is a one time attack and it's equivalent to the punch of the Hulk at best from what I've seen. Thor would tank it and follow up by bashing Black Bolt's face in if he uses the Master Blow. It's the shittiest ultimate attack I've probably seen.

Whos?And what about them?

Black Bolt's energy attacks. Thor will absorb them.

And besides the godblast(which thor will never really be able to use in a fight against BB as BB is too fast to be hit)thor doesn't have massivly good feats.

Besides the God Blast Thor doesn't have amazing feats? GTFO.

Who gets to dictate what's PIS? Black Bolt's scream is most likely around planetary destruction level. Thor's taken far more powerful attacks and kept on coming. Blasts from the Odin Force is one of those scenes.

People somehow always rely on this redirecting attack 10x or even redircting it which I have never seen.

10x:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AbsorbsKangEnergy1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AbsorbsKangEnergy2.jpg

100x:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AbsorbThanosEnergy1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AbsorbThanosEnergy2.jpg

And so for abosrbing he has never absorbed an attack.Always the energy from a person or inanimate object.

erm

Absorbing energy directly from an individual is more impressive than absorbing some generic blast. And yes, Thor has absorbed attacks directly. Hint: Scroll above to the scans I posted.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I feel Vulcan's mutation might trump Mjolnir's or at the least would take it to its limits.

baka

vansonbee
Cool scans on Thor absorption skills, but Vulcan can counter for stalemate I guess.

Psychical brawling anyone?
baka

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by vansonbee
Cool scans on Thor absorption skills, but Vulcan can counter for stalemate I guess.

Psychical brawling anyone?

Counter how? I haven't seen anything from Vulcan to prove he can match Mjolnir's energy absorbing abilities.

Thor drains energy. Vulcan tries to draw it back. Vulcan fails.

That's how I picture it going.

Spire
Thor.

Black bolt z
I love how your only argument is to stick your fingers in your ears going "lalalala". All I have said is true.Originally posted by DarkOdin
LOL Thro has one of the highest durability in the high herald ranks Hell Surfer, BRB THor hav plenty of showing agaisnt cosmics. Relalistically non of them should be able to tank any attacks from a cosmic.No herald leverer should.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hahaha, your still on this bullshit stance? How short is your memory? Did I not already prove to you that Black Bolt's Master Blow wouldn't do shit to Thor?

The Master Blow is a one time attack and it's equivalent to the punch of the Hulk at best from what I've seen. Thor would tank it and follow up by bashing Black Bolt's face in if he uses the Master Blow. It's the shittiest ultimate attack I've probably seen.

Black Bolt's energy attacks. Thor will absorb them.

Besides the God Blast Thor doesn't have amazing feats? GTFO.

Who gets to dictate what's PIS? Black Bolt's scream is most likely around planetary destruction level. Thor's taken far more powerful attacks and kept on coming. Blasts from the Odin Force is one of those scenes.

10x:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AbsorbsKangEnergy1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AbsorbsKangEnergy2.jpg

100x:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AbsorbThanosEnergy1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/AbsorbThanosEnergy2.jpg

erm

Absorbing energy directly from an individual is more impressive than absorbing some generic blast. And yes, Thor has absorbed attacks directly. Hint: Scroll above to the scans I posted. No...you didn't...

And like I said it was theoretical.But as far as ultimate attacks yes...the MB sucks sad.But the the voice is awesome.

Like I said before I have yet to see a scan of thor abosrbing an attack.Energy from a person and inamnimate object yes but not an attack.

Sorry.What I meant is without the godblast or fighting cosmics which relalistically would one shot him he doesn't have feats that are quite at that level.Yes he has amazing feats.They all do.Just not any others that put him at this level.

But like I said theres no way to quantify his scream.Is it able to bust a planet every second?Keep screaming for a minute?What happens if he gets within 2 feet from thor and screams?

Thanks.I saw both those scans before but I missed the times 10 and 100.I mostly just looked at the pictures.

No what I meant is if say...thanos or surfer shot an energy blast at him could he absorb it right out of the air?

Rage.Of.Olympus
No...you didn't...

Yes....I did. I'm going to do this one more time. Pay attention.

These are the three instances the Master Blow has been used:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/fkarn10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/ikaris2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/reek14.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/reek15.jpg
Thanks to Thorion.

It's safe to say that it's the equivalent to a punch from a mid to high end Class 100. The Master Blow? At best it knocks Thor off his feet.

And like I said it was theoretical.But as far as ultimate attacks yes...the MB sucks sad.But the the voice is awesome.

It was pointless to bring up then.

Like I said before I have yet to see a scan of thor abosrbing an attack.Energy from a person and inamnimate object yes but not an attack.

What did I just post? Thanos blasted Thor with energy. Thor absorbed said energy.

Sorry.What I meant is without the godblast or fighting cosmics which relalistically would one shot him he doesn't have feats that are quite at that level.Yes he has amazing feats.They all do.Just not any others that put him at this level.

facepalm

Translation: If we ignore Thor's high end feats that are on a Cosmic level, he doesn't have feats that are on a Cosmic level.

But like I said theres no way to quantify his scream.Is it able to bust a planet every second?Keep screaming for a minute?What happens if he gets within 2 feet from thor and screams?

There is. We can't quantify it to a specific accuracy but we can determine on what level it is based on Black Bolt's appearances. It's probably around or a somewhat above a planet busting attack in terms of power. How it works would more than likely simply depend on the writer.

Thanks.I saw both those scans before but I missed the times 10 and 100.I mostly just looked at the pictures.

Mostly looking at the pictures? That would explain a lot actually.

No what I meant is if say...thanos or surfer shot an energy blast at him could he absorb it right out of the air?

no expression

What do you think he just did against Thanos? If this doesn't satisfy you, I don't know what will:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSilverSurfer1fight7.jpg

There are more examples, but you asked for Surfer.

Black bolt z
Yes....I did. I'm going to do this one more time. Pay attention.

These are the three instances the Master Blow has been used:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/fkarn10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/reek14.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/thorion/blackbolt/reek15.jpg
Thanks to Thorion.

It's safe to say that it's the equivalent to a punch from a mid to high end Class 100. The Master Blow? At best it knocks Thor off his feet.

It was pointless to bring up then.

What did I just post? Thanos blasted Thor with energy. Thor absorbed said energy.

facepalm

Translation: If we ignore Thor's high end feats that are on a Cosmic level, he doesn't have feats that are on a Cosmic level.

There is. We can't quantify it to a specific accuracy but we can determine on what level it is based on Black Bolt's appearances. It's probably around or a somewhat above a planet busting attack in terms of power. How it works would more than likely simply depend on the writer.

Mostly looking at the pictures? That would explain a lot actually.

no expression

What do you think he just did against Thanos? If this doesn't satisfy you, I don't know what will:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsSilverSurfer1fight7.jpg

There are more examples, but you asked for Surfer. So
1: Made thing feel like he was beat up by the hulk
2: A weaker master blow still knocked down and stunned whoever was carrying him.
3:Not sure what the explosion was but it stopped whoever he was fighting.

So yes if it made thing feel like he was just beat up by hulk then yes its going to do something to thor.

Was it an energy blast?It looked like thors own energy.Not very well illustrated.And don't you think it could have been a hyperbole?Not saying it nessicarily was but its a good chance.

No.Its the same reason I call voids MM feat PIS.Because he has those few high feats and besides that even his high showings don't begin to put him on the level of beating or tanking blasts from cosmics.

Exactly.Although black bolt probably wouldn't scream in a non CIS on fight.Hes done it once...sadly.

The first few times I saw it.When you provided those to me before they were about absorbing energy.Not absorbing and redirecting.

I saw it there.And what comic was that?I'd like to read it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So
1: Made thing feel like he was beat up by the hulk
2: A weaker master blow still knocked down and stunned whoever was carrying him.
3:Not sure what the explosion was but it stopped whoever he was fighting.

So yes if it made thing feel like he was just beat up by hulk then yes its going to do something to thor.

It was less than fully effective -so maybe around 90% in power- and all it did was knock down Ikaris. Thor's far beyond Ikaris physically. He was fighting some Kree Eternal I believe who was going to commit suicide by exploding. Black Bolt used the Master Blow to send him flying out of the blue area of the moon.

If Thing was beat up by the Hulk, he wouldn't have been standing on his feet. The Master Blow at best rocked the Thing. The Master Blow at best knocks Thor off his feet. That's me being generious. I don't think it would do even that as Thing took it square in the chest.

Was it an energy blast?It looked like thors own energy.Not very well illustrated.And don't you think it could have been a hyperbole?Not saying it nessicarily was but its a good chance.

Yes, it was an energy blast. Thanos unleashed energy from his eyes -and possibly from his body- which Thor absorbed directly into his hammer.

No.Its the same reason I call voids MM feat PIS.

You don't seem to understand that you are not the one who dictates how powerful a character is. The Void has never shown how powerful he truly is. Especially Bendis' Sentry. So you don't have some sort of consistent history to drawn on. Molecule Man has been on a downhill slope for a while now. Void beating Molecule Man isn't PIS. It's just a high end feat. At worst an outlier.

Because he has those few high feats and besides that even his high showings don't begin to put him on the level of beating or tanking blasts from cosmics.

I hope you aren't talking about Thor there.

Exactly.Although black bolt probably wouldn't scream in a non CIS on fight.Hes done it once...sadly.

The first few times I saw it.When you provided those to me before they were about absorbing energy.Not absorbing and redirecting.

I'm not your f*cking school teacher. I'm not going to hold your hand and guide you through everything.

If you had bothered to read the text and not look at the pretty colors, I wouldn't have to post those scans again.

I saw it there.And what comic was that?I'd like to read it.

Silver Surfer Vol.1 #4.

Black bolt z
It was less than fully effective -so maybe around 90% in power- and all it did was knock down Ikaris. Thor's far beyond Ikaris physically. He was fighting some Kree Eternal I believe who was going to commit suicide by exploding. Black Bolt used the Master Blow to send him flying out of the blue area of the moon.

If Thing was beat up by the Hulk, he wouldn't have been standing on his feet. The Master Blow at best rocked the Thing. The Master Blow at best knocks Thor off his feet. That's me being generious. I don't think it would do even that as Thing took it square in the chest.

Yes, it was an energy blast. Thanos unleashed energy from his eyes -and possibly from his body- which Thor absorbed directly into his hammer.

You don't seem to understand that you are not the one who dictates how powerful a character is. The Void has never shown how powerful he truly is. Especially Bendis' Sentry. So you don't have some sort of consistent history to drawn on. Molecule Man has been on a downhill slope for a while now. Void beating Molecule Man isn't PIS. It's just a high end feat. At worst an outlier.

I hope you aren't talking about Thor there.

I'm not your f*cking school teacher. I'm not going to hold your hand and guide you through everything.

If you had bothered to read the text and not look at the pretty colors, I wouldn't have to post those scans again.

Silver Surfer Vol.1 #4. It did less then 90%

And he said booted around by the hulk.Being beat up isn't the same as being unconcious.Thor would definitly be hurt.

I saw that.

Exactly.Thanks for the right word.I mean even by thors high showings those are just so far out.They're the outliers of his feats.Just too high.

I am.He has only a few feats from like tanking hits from cosmics.Lots of other very high level feats but just not very many at all compared to his others that put him at that level.

Last time I got the point and you proved it.Same as this time.And i'm forgetful.

Wait...I think I have that...

dmills
Vulcan 9.5/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
It did less then 90%

erm

"Though at such an angle, it is less than fully effective."

The Master Blow he used wasn't less powerful. It didn't miss, it struck him directly. Black Bolt was simply in an awkward position so it wasn't effective as it would be in the form of a punch to the face. 90% is being generous.

And he said booted around by the hulk.Being beat up isn't the same as being unconcious.Thor would definitly be hurt.

Then it's great that I didn't say he should be unconscious. Would Thor feel it? Why not. Would he be hurt? No. Not any way that would hinder his performance.

I saw that.

If you had, then there was no need to have asked me.

Exactly.Thanks for the right word.I mean even by thors high showings those are just so far out.They're the outliers of his feats.Just too high.

Your acting as if this was some one time occurrence. Thor has withstood attacks from Celestials in more than one comic. And the era that he withstood them in, Celestials were at the top of the food chain. Beyond even someone such as Galactus or Odin.

I am.He has only a few feats from like tanking hits from cosmics.Lots of other very high level feats but just not very many at all compared to his others that put him at that level.

There doesn't have to be many. They just have to be there.

Last time I got the point and you proved it.Same as this time.And i'm forgetful.

Obviously it didn't stick. I hope it does this time. Like I said, I'm not your teacher. Bookmark this page or something. Because I won't be repeating myself again.

Warlord
Vulcan 9.5/10

lol?

dmills
Originally posted by Warlord
lol? Ok. 9.4/10. Goldilocks will get in a few licks.

Warlord
Ok. 9.4/10. Goldilocks will get in a few licks.

that's better

dmills
You know what's funny is that although I'm obviously messing around, if I had never read any classic, and only knew current Thor -outside his own title apparently- that 9/10 might not seem so crazy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You know what's funny is that although I'm obviously messing around, if I had never read any classic, and only knew current Thor -outside his own title apparently- that 9/10 might not seem so crazy.

His doing pretty good in the Avengers. Did well in Siege and Secret Invasion.

Thor just hasn't done anything overly impressive -by his standards- lately.

His had three bad showings recently. Two under Hulk fanatics. 1 under a Hulk writer.

dmills
I guess my thing is, why? Why is Thor, a quintessential Marvel character, being surpassed in scale by Hercules? I mean I know that the main Thor book always sorta did it's own thing, but damn. Herc?

Warlord
let's wait and see. interviews reveal Thor will play a major role in Chaos War

Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess my thing is, why? Why is Thor, a quintessential Marvel character, being surpassed in scale by Hercules? I mean I know that the main Thor book always sorta did it's own thing, but damn. Herc?

Well, Hercules is Pak's newest pet so it was inevitable for him to get some wanking. Still, like Warlord said, Thor is apparently playing a major role in Chaos War, second only to Hercules.

Thor is still a bigger character than Hercules.

The one thing that ticks me off is that Hercules is considered to be part of the "Hulk Family" of books. That just gets to me for some reason. Probably because Hercules started off as a Thor character and mainly interacted in the Thor books. But I guess since Pak is the one who took over him, it makes sense.

dmills
Warlord always the optimist.

Nah. I'm already passing up on Chaos War. Nothing to do with Thor though, I just believe that they pissed on TTI and by proxy DnA, so phuck em.

Warlord
well one can only hope for the best...wink

what was that you disliked in TI?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I just hope Thor doesn't get too embarrassed by Hercules in the first issue of Chaos War because this shit is beginning to get annoying.

Why can't these f*cking fanboys passing off as writers just leave my boy alone?

I still have time. I might become a writer just so I can take over the Thor title. World War Thor or Blood and Thunder 2 will be out shortly after I take over.

With editors doing such a shit job, having Thor defeat World Breaker, the Void, and Galactus amped Surfer wouldn't even be that much of a problem. These days, you can write whatever you want.

dmills
Well, Hercules is Pak's newest pet so it was inevitable for him to get some wanking. Still, like Warlord said, Thor is apparently playing a major role in Chaos War, second only to Hercules.

Thor is still a bigger character than Hercules.

The one thing that ticks me off is that Hercules is considered to be part of the "Hulk Family" of books. That just gets to me for some reason. Probably because Hercules started off as a Thor character and mainly interacted in the Thor books. But I guess since Pak is the one who took over him, it makes sense. See that right there, "Second only to Hercules". That's so koolaid to me. That's some Luke Cage, "leader of men" Bendis type shyte. So artifical.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Meh, Hercules could use some time in the spotlight. I like him as a character and his been a second rate Thor for too long. Adding Thor, gives the story a big name and legitimacy. Hercules has been an ally of Thor for a long time. I think it's fair that this time Thor's an ally of Hercules'. I might not necessarily like it, but as long as Thor has face time and doesn't get jobbed out, I'm content.

Still, turning him into a being far more powerful than Zeus that leads team that contains Galactus to combat an Abstract threatening to devour all reality just seems so...so...fanboyish to me.

I mean, this is the type of shit you can expect if I ever took over Thor. Minus the power up of course. Thor doesn't need that weak shit.

Slaanesh
Herc got a new power now rite??the power of skyfather that Cho gave him..maybe he's more powerful than Thor now..

Rage.Of.Olympus
His far more powerful than Zeus has ever been now, so I think his getting there. He might be on par with Thor though. At least arguably.

D_Dude1210
I gave up on Marvel after Cho KO'd Thor with his own lightning....

Warlord
meh as long as the story justifies it I can accept it.
I mean aparently Herc has now a huge power and wisdom boost wich will make him being superior to Thor reasonable. whether we like it as fans or not is another thing.

what pisses me off is absurd writing like the instance with Cho one shotting him with his own lightning (and seemingly blasting a hole in him)

dmills
@Warlord,

Nothing at fault with the concept. But with the exception of the first 2 issues it has been meh to me. I think it's rather obvious that it was meant to be a larger event -mini's and such-.

Warlord
I was thinking too that some tie ins would make it feel more epic as it should

Slaanesh
Herc got an amp..so i think it's not really a problem if he's more powerful than Thor..it's not normal Herc..

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think the lighting only appeared to go through Thor since it's electricity and all.

If it literally blasted a hole in Thor, I'm paying Pak a visit.

Seriously.

http://ffe.tpucdn.com/forums/customavatars/avatar58096_1.gif

dmills
I don't have a problem with his power up per se. It's him leading a full fledged 616 Earth cross over event that I can't wrap my head around. It's the whole "bigger then Annihilation" stuff. So fake.

Warlord
bigger than IG too thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha, yea. It said "bigger than the Infinity Gauntlet", "more cosmic than Annihilation".

You know what Chaos War has that the Infinity Gauntlet and Annihilation didn't have?

THE WORLD BREAKER!

Warlord
I think the lighting only appeared to go through Thor since it's electricity and all.

If it literally blasted a hole in Thor, I'm paying Pak a visit.

Seriously.

http://ffe.tpucdn.com/forums/customavatars/avatar58096_1.gif

well at least it seems like this to me. we don't usually see energy flowing through the caracters in comics. it most likely either stops at their bodies or "impales" them

I could be wrong though

Warlord
Haha, yea. It said "bigger than the Infinity Gauntlet", "more cosmic than Annihilation".

You know what Chaos War has that the Infinity Gauntlet and Annihilation didn't have?

THE WORLD BREAKER!

a possible end scenario for the upcoming event would be Hulk thunderclaping Mikaboshi ftw and save all reality

Slaanesh
I don't have a problem with his power up per se. It's him leading a full fledged 616 Earth cross over event that I can't wrap my head around. It's the whole "bigger then Annihilation" stuff. So fake.

Adam Warlock lead the heroes in Infinity Saga..Nova lead in Annihilation and the current war with cancerverse..it's usual for normal heroes to lead a universal war..and Herc is pretty much more powerful and knowledgeable than any of them now..so i think it's ok for him to lead a universal war..

OneDumbG0
Haters gonna hate. /shrug

dmills
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Haters gonna hate. /shrug Cool story bro.

dmills
Adam Warlock lead the heroes in Infinity Saga..Nova lead in Annihilation and the current war with cancerverse..it's usual for normal heroes to lead a universal war..and Herc is pretty much more powerful and knowledgeable than any of them now..so i think it's ok for him to lead a universal war.. Fair enough I suppose. Now stay outta here so I can continue to stew. I don't want reason getting in the way dammit.

I mean aparently Herc has now a huge power and wisdom boost wich will make him being superior to Thor reasonable. whether we like it as fans or not is another thing.

what pisses me off is absurd writing like the instance with Cho one shotting him with his own lightning (and seemingly blasting a hole in him) with a gameboy excellent

DarkOdin
His far more powerful than Zeus has ever been now, so I think his getting there. He might be on par with Thor though. At least arguably. I am confused on this one i read the issue but did he get the power of all skyfather, Zeus power or what???

amnesia
His far more powerful than Zeus has ever been now, so I think his getting there. He might be on par with Thor though. At least arguably.

I'd say hes getting there. He isn't Thor level YET.

Black bolt z
How is vulcan in H2h?

dmills
How is vulcan in H2h? Iron Fist level.

Black bolt z
Iron Fist level. no expression

I thought he was much better?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'd say hes getting there. He isn't Thor level YET.

Obviously not. He has to beat Galactus or at least take on a Cosmic entity to get there.

Bentley
Vulcan loses most.

vansonbee
Obviously not. He has to beat Galactus or at least take on a Cosmic entity to get there. You still truly believe current written Thor can uphold past tradition like beating Galactus or surviving a Celestial attack?

Rage.Of.Olympus
You still truly believe current written Thor can uphold past tradition like beating Galactus or surviving a Celestial attack?

Easily. At half power.

Fraction says he'll be writing Thor more in line with his Cosmic vibe. He even referenced the story where Thor and Galactus were sitting on a moon, discussing how difficult it was to be a World Devouring cosmic entity.

dmills
Talk about unshakeable faith.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I BELIEVE!

dmills
I BELIEVE YOU!!

Tron
You still truly believe current written Thor can uphold past tradition like beating Galactus or surviving a Celestial attack?

Since they haven't shown anything that would prove otherwise, I would say yes.

guy222
thor wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
I BELIEVE YOU!!
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4420/thorsif.jpg

1 vulcan is a useless ****tard and will get stomped

2 galactus would kill thor with a fart

DarkOdin

what pisses me off is absurd writing like the instance with Cho one shotting him with his own lightning (and seemingly blasting a hole in him) WEll i fianlly read the issue and anyways unless Thor got a hell of a healing factor the lighting just passed through him so we are ok thank god i mean thank the gods

Black bolt z
Obviously not. He has to beat Galactus or at least take on a Cosmic entity to get there. Originally posted by namorsubby
Namorsubby: Thor, you're no where near as powerful as Galactus

Thor: Well, Subby, how do you explain those scans?

Namorsubby: They're Bullsh*t

Thor: But, But I'm the God of Thunder.

Namorsubby: For one, you're not really even a God, and two, you know you've got no business beating Galactus.

Thor: But, But.....

Namorsubby: But Nothing......and your hair is totally gay.

There

amnesia

Oh my. Someones butthurt.

Black bolt z
Oh my. Someones butthurt. No.I just like that line when someone says something like that.Because it is 100% true.

amnesia
why do you hate the best comic book character ever?

Black bolt z
why do you hate the best comic book character ever? 1: Hes only the best in your opinion.

2: I don't hate him.I just don't like how much thor is wanked on these forums.

amnesia
Oh sorry, didnt realize well written characters bothered you.

I think i will try avoiding a conversation with you.

Black bolt z
Oh sorry, didnt realize well written characters bothered you.

I think i will try avoiding a conversation with you. It doesn't matter if hes well written.And once again thats you opinion even though I agree with it.

Doesn't change the fact that hes wanked on these forums.

amnesia
Methinks you are wrong and i don't want to talk to you anymore.

Black bolt z
Methinks you are wrong and i don't want to talk to you anymore. Me thinks you are wrong.

And how can I be wrong?Its true.Thor is by far the forums favorite.Really far.

amnesia
People here think wolverine is a match for Thor. You are definitely wrong.

Black bolt z
People here think wolverine is a match for Thor. You are definitely wrong. Who?Srank?

and how does that make any difference?Its just an excuse.

amnesia
There are only like 6-7 Thor fanboys here, so there's that. Just as many superman fanboys.

(Both of them could beat the shit out of black bolt though.)

dmills
Most major characters are repped accurately on KMC. It's only 4-5 ppl that wank a Specific character hard. If it's a Superman thread you know pretty much who'll show up. Same for Thor, Logan etc.

Black bolt z
There are only like 6-7 Thor fanboys here, so there's that. Just as many superman fanboys.

(Both of them could beat the shit out of black bolt though.) Not really.Theres like 7 thor fanboys,like 3-4 superman fanboys at most and like 3 thanos fanboys.

And no they wouldn't.I admit they would both beat hit but not anywhere near beating the shit out of him.

Johnny Sorrow
1 Thanos fanboy = 4 Thor fanboys

dmills
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
1 Thanos fanboy = 4 Thor fanboys laughing

Mr. Sorrow making a cameo huh? And to what honor do we owe this visit?

Johnny Sorrow
laughing

Mr. Sorrow making a cameo huh? And to what honor do we owe this visit?

I felt the need to accent the particularly "persistent" nature of the species. wink

dmills
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
I felt the need to accent the particularly "persistent" nature of the species. wink Indeed. And you do so quite eloquently might I add.

DarkOdin
No.I just like that line when someone says something like that.Because it is 100% true. Eh it just Galactus he power level are up and down all the time and lesser characters have taken him done. Besides it a show of power and or durability to hurt or survive an abstract, however it is not like to they defeats them so what the big deal. If high herald and other character can't at the very least annoy an abstract what the hell would be the point to even have them in a comic?????

Black bolt z
Eh it just Galactus he power level are up and down all the time and lesser characters have taken him done. Besides it a show of power and or durability to hurt or survive an abstract, however it is not like to they defeats them so what the big deal. If high herald and other character can't at the very least annoy an abstract what the hell would be the point to even have them in a comic????? Theres a different between a herald level annoy and hurting a cosmic and beating a cosmic.I would pretty much consider any non amped herald beating any cosmic besides a starving galactus PIS.

DarkOdin
Theres a different between a herald level annoy and hurting a cosmic and beating a cosmic.I would pretty much consider any non amped herald beating any cosmic besides a starving galactus PIS. And when they do it reapeated hurt abtracts??? Heck "lesser characters hurt abstracts all the Time Thor has a big Ace in the hole being Mjolnir which has huge feats on it own. Heck Reed richard took out freakin celestrails with a gun, Rulk a watcher with his fist etc....

amnesia
Theres a different between a herald level annoy and hurting a cosmic and beating a cosmic.I would pretty much consider any non amped herald beating any cosmic besides a starving galactus PIS.

Do you consider Thor's first fight with galactus PIS?

Black bolt z
And when they do it reapeated hurt abtracts??? Heck "lesser characters hurt abstracts all the Time Thor has a big Ace in the hole being Mjolnir which has huge feats on it own. Heck Reed richard took out freakin celestrails with a gun, Rulk a watcher with his fist etc.... Like I said a difference between hurting a beating.

Rulk is full of PIS.

And reed is...well reed with prep.

DarkOdin
Like I said a difference between hurting a beating.

Rulk is full of PIS.

And reed is...well reed with prep.

No prep the celstrials abushed them and anyways i only mention 2 when there are plenty of unders heck Thanos even Knock Big G, Superman done it a few time too. And yes Rulk is PIS but an example of it happens all the time. Abstracts have be hurt by heralds and less. it happend time and time again for over years if you if you choose to look the underway well your lose

Black bolt z
No prep the celstrials abushed them and anyways i only mention 2 when there are plenty of unders heck Thanos even Knock Big G, Superman done it a few time too. And yes Rulk is PIS but an example of it happens all the time. Abstracts have be hurt by heralds and less. it happend time and time again for over years if you if you choose to look the underway well your lose What?

First of all,all thanos did was anger him.

Second what about superman?

And third I have no problem with heralds hurting cosmics.They do it all the time as high showings.And its fine.

But a herald beating a cosmic is an enitrely different story.

the ninjak
Vulcan can absorb the lightning. And tank the rest.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by the ninjak
Vulcan can absorb the lightning. And tank the rest.

LOL no.

the ninjak
Well he absorbed Warlocks magiks stating I can absorb any energy.

Applied physical force is Kinetic Energy so he should be able to take most damage.

An Omega Bishop.

I didn't read the end of Age of Kings though.

Johnny Sorrow
Well he absorbed Warlocks magiks stating I can absorb any energy.

Applied physical force is Kinetic Energy so he should be able to take most damage.

An Omega Bishop.

I didn't read the end of Age of Kings though.

He's never exhibited the ability to absorb kinetic energy. I can see him absorbing any energy discharges from Thor, but that's not the way Thor fights. He's a "brawler" and close-range physical combat is Vulcan's weakness.

the ninjak
Sweet Thor it is then.

the ninjak
Just curious how did Havok put Vulcan down?

Just curious how did Havok put Vulcan down? By virtue of vulcan being a pussy and a **** up. Havok sundipped gave him more than he could handle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.