Best Star wars Actor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
For the whole trilogy, who's your favorite actor/character....

Missed Alec Guinness, so I pick Alec Guinness

Sith Master X
Ewan McGregor was my favorite by a longshot.

Though I loved Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee too.

JediRobin23
Ford's also the best

Hybris
Liam Nelson? Jeez.

Yoda? Frank Oz, anyone sad

Ewan McGregor, by far.

queeq
Why does Ford get so few votes?

luke1796
I picked Lian Nelson cuz I couldn't pick Alec Guinness.

coolmovies
Sir Alec Guinness as ben kanobi in ANH

~JP~
Originally posted by queeq
Why does Ford get so few votes?

Dunno, I voted for him. smile

darthmaul1
i went with ford but still like Ewan too.

Lord Shadow Z
I liked Ewan McGregor's performance best out of the poll selection.

Ford/Solo is a close second but for me Solo's character deviated a lot from what he was in ANH and as he went on he became more loved up with Leia and kind of clownish sometimes (especially with the Ewoks).

queeq
Ewan sucked in TPM and was mediocre in AOTC... so Ford gets better marks.

FistOfThe North
Alec. And no one came close.

queeq
Fair enough..

JediRobin23
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Alec. And no one came close.

agreed

Sith Master X
And Alec hated SW. lol

queeq
Oh the irony...

He hated it so much he came back for seconds... and thirds...

Guess he liked the money anyway.

Sith Master X
From what I read, he had little faith in SW and thought the dialogue he was saying was "mumbo jumbo." Though the cast said he was a real gentlemen, kind, patient and performed his work in a professional manner despite his faith. That much shows when you see what a great job he does in the films.

The other part that Alec didn't like was that once SW became a success, he became known only for his role as Obi-Wan while his other roles were simply vanished. He didn't like being known only as Kenobi since his career was extremely distinguished and versatile.
Lots of veteran actors hate being known for only one role.

queeq
Well, that makes sense. He was a great actor indeed... versatile and charming. That's also why many SW fans love him. He brought class to SW.

neo010
I prefer harrison ford and liam neeson.. they are a good actors.

queeq
They are, although I felt Liam did not show his best in TPM.

Darth Piggott
Harrison Ford

"What good is a reward if you ain't around to use it? Besides, attacking that battle station is not my idea of courage. It's more like, suicide"

queeq
POint is?

Darth Piggott
My point is that he is my favorite star wars actor. I also thought that quote was funny

queeq
Ah...

OB1-adobe
favorite actor is the guy that played a storm trooper in Return of the jedi that took Han Solo's laser blast right to the face.

Made a believer out of me.

queeq
laughing out loud

GRIMNIR
In terms of acting definitely Ian McDiarmid

Han Solo and Vader and others maybe better characters but McDiarmid best performance especially in ROTJ and ROFS

Ultimate Prime
Harrison Ford, followed by Ian!

Ewan had some good scenes. Hayden Christensen's facial expressions were pretty good, but his acting and delivering of lines were terrible.

queeq
Ewan was pretty good in ROTS.

Thoren
I voted Hayden Christensen for shits and giggles.

queeq
Oh, the fun we had.

Sith Master X
Ewan was pretty good in ROTS.

I agree. Ewan and Ian McDiarmid owned that movie.

-Pr-
Guinness in the OT, Ewan in the PT.

queeq
How about Cushing then?

-Pr-
How about Cushing then?

I think if he was honestly in more than one episode, he might have edged it. Man's a legend; sad we didn't get to see more of him...

queeq
He did well... mysterious dude.

elfirrepins
I'm surprised nobody voted Carrie Fisher. I mean, she did fill in the gaps of the scenes of the movies quite well.

I voted Liam Neeson because he and Denzel are my fav actors.

queeq
THat's a lousy motive.

But you are right, Fisher was pretty good. In fact, some of the bet acting by most actors in the saga is seen in ESB.

~JP~
Which is why it remains the best movie in the saga.

queeq
Indeed.

Stun
I have to admit, if Cushing were on the list i'd be inclined to vote. The original is the only film where i saw Vader as a loyal pet, and Cushing made that happen stick out tongue

DopamineDarling
Alec Guinness and Christopher Lee are leagues above everyone else.

But if Lucas had his original vision for Obi-Wan, I'd be saying Toshiro Mifune, since he's way cooler than anyone else who was in the movies.

queeq
Nah. He already did Hidden Fortress...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.