Magneto vs Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Mags get 1 hour prep.

Fight on Genosha.

Stoic
With one hour prep Magneto could turn the entire battle field into a large metal dome, he would be essentially the big dog in the yard.

Under these terms, how well would Despero deal with this handicap?

carver9
I would give this to mag without prep.

Badabing
Mags would have to prep against mind attacks. Despero took over Martian Manhunter's brain, Aqua Man's brain, and several others...at the same time.

Stoic
Originally posted by Badabing
Mags would have to prep against mind attacks. Despero took over Martian Manhunter's brain, Aqua Man's brain, and several others...at the same time.

Magneto has psi shielding in his helmets design. Can Despero call a mind thats putting out zero brain waves? The helmet blocks TP.

iceman24567
How is Mags going to put Despero down for good?

OneDumbG0
^ Pierce him repeatedly with steel rods. dur

iceman24567
Or cut his head off? erm

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
How is Mags going to put Despero down for good?

Well if magneto had prep time he could turn the battle in his favor. Given this prep time Magneto could gather hundreds of thousands of tons of metal, which he could surround himself in an enormous dome of liquefied metal. In this case, and the setting is on any planet with a magnetic field. Magneto would be monstrous.

I don't see why he wouldn't be able to put Despero down. On the flip side, if Despero can penetrate Magneto's magnetic defenses, and tag him, it's only a matter of time before he puts Eric's lights out.

CosmicComet
Magnus dies.

Badabing
Originally posted by Stoic
Magneto has psi shielding in his helmets design. Can Despero call a mind thats putting out zero brain waves? The helmet blocks TP. I was just throwing that out there. I'm not very well read on Magneto, been reading X Men on an off for a while, and that's why I didn't give an opinion on who wins. Despero is a top notch TK/TP villain. Overwhelming J'onn and AM is a pretty good feat.

Stoic
I was just throwing that out there. I'm not very well read on Magneto, been reading X Men on an off for a while, and that's why I didn't give an opinion on who wins. Despero is a top notch TK/TP villain. Overwhelming J'onn and AM is a pretty good feat.

You're right, and given any other situation, I think that he'd take Mags, but with prep, Magneto can be very powerful.

He can conceivably hit with the same energetic force, that Thor hit the Celestial's with. In essence Thor was tapping the same raw magnetic fields to pull that power stunt (Celestial armor rip) off that Magneto uses everyday. Despero has his work cut out for him in this one.

Sue Richards overpowered Jean Greys TK, and I get the impression that Magneto can also easily fight off TK manipulation, by countering it with the strength of the earth's magnetic field.

psycho gundam
despero has suspect durability, but his tp is pretty good.

probably a quick draw type of situation where either character's resilience defines the victor from the first strike *shrugs*

edit* current magneto isn't that badass anymore

Prep-Man
Despero.

Lunacyde
Despero has the durability and strength to take on multiple Superman level characters at once and ridiculously powerful TK/TP on top of it. Prep is Magneto's only prayer and even then Despero 8/10.

Bentley
Couldn't Mags make a wurmhole inside Despero?

Philosophía
Magneto.

Stoic
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Despero has the durability and strength to take on multiple Superman level characters at once and ridiculously powerful TK/TP on top of it. Prep is Magneto's only prayer and even then Despero 8/10.

Magneto's helmet deflects TP assault, his magnetic powers can fight TK manipulation, and on earth his powers are as great or can be as great as the planets magnetic field. I don't know if you realize this, but Magneto is a beast, when written properly.

Badabing
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Pierce him repeatedly with steel rods. dur laughing out loud @ the durOriginally posted by Stoic
You're right, and given any other situation, I think that he'd take Mags, but with prep, Magneto can be very powerful.

He can conceivably hit with the same energetic force, that Thor hit the Celestial's with. In essence Thor was tapping the same raw magnetic fields to pull that power stunt (Celestial armor rip) off that Magneto uses everyday. Despero has his work cut out for him in this one.

Sue Richards overpowered Jean Greys TK, and I get the impression that Magneto can also easily fight off TK manipulation, by countering it with the strength of the earth's magnetic field. Well, he does have experience with telepaths, an hour of prep and home field advantage. I think the prep and location advantages will decide this for Mags. He does get common knowledge on Despero. But it would be a close fight either way.

Stoic
laughing out loud @ the dur Well, he does have experience with telepaths, an hour of prep and home field advantage. I think the prep and location advantages will decide this for Mags. He does get common knowledge on Despero. But it would be a close fight either way.

I agree completely. Despero can't be counted out automatically, but the prep time gives magneto a lot of power in this scenario.

Heavenly king
mags only becuz of the prep time crap

Bentley
Originally posted by Heavenly king
mags only becuz of the prep time idea that makes this matchup fair and thus is very positive

Fixed smile

Stoic
Originally posted by Bentley
Fixed smile

Hey, I saw what you did there.

mad stick out tongue

Omega Vision
Originally posted by carver9
I would give this to mag without prep.
Please explain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.