Resident Evil 6

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
Looks like it's supposed to come out much much sooner than later according to Capcom, which kills my hope for any possible further DLC on RE5.

http://www.1up.com/news/capcom-resident-evil-6-soon

Still way too soon for my liking.. but yeah. Discuss I guess.

XanatosForever
I remember right after I finished playing 5 with my cousin while I was visiting him in San Diego, I played his copy of Legends of Wrestling and made a Wesker clone. Put a "6" tattoo on his chest and gave him all kinds of scars and stuff. It was awesome.

Slightly more on topic...meh.

Ridley_Prime
Meh indeed. Nice story there though. stick out tongue

XanatosForever
I was actually surprised at how well I was able to recreate him. Managed to get the body shape, muscle tone, even the eyes, outfit, and mannerisms right. Gave him pointy teeth though, just for lulz. stick out tongue

FinalAnswer
Yay!

Further butchering of the series

Nemesis X
If Capcom has second thoughts about rebooting the series, here's who I'm thinking is (or are) the protagonist(s) in RE6: Rebecca Chambers, Billy Coen, Barry Burton, Claire Redfield, Leon Kennedy, or Ada Wong.

I was thinking that Jill Valentine would be the star but due to Revelation coming up, that's very unlikely. Obviously Chris won't be in RE6 because again, Revelation and even if he didn't appear in that, I think he shouldn't be in it for I believe he's been taking the spotlight long enough. I was also hoping for HUNK to be the protagonist for we all wonder what he's been doing after the fall of the Umbrella Corporation and it would be nice to be in his shoes during that but again, Revelation.

RE: Blaxican
Obviously Sheva shall be the protagonist.

Ridley_Prime
Hope not. Already had enough of her.

And laughing out loud @ Xanatos.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Obviously Sheva shall be the protagonist.

That's not funny no expression

§P0oONY
So long as it's not like Resident Evil 5 I'll be happy. That game ,while fun, really wasn't a resident evil game.

Sin_Volvagia
They better explain what happened to Ada Wong and her Plaga sample.

K J H

No End N Site
While RE5 was good and was definitely a success, no where near as many people were as happy with the title as they shoulda been. I guess Cap wants to quickly redeem themselves. Say whatch'ya want about RE5 but one thing that pained me was critics that made a big deal outta the racial thing.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Nemesis X
That's not funny no expression

And yet, it wouldn't be surprising if that's what Capcom did no expression

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by No End N Site
Say whatch'ya want about RE5 but one thing that pained me was critics that made a big deal outta the racial thing.

That pained every sane person, I think.

Phanteros
Good/or bad(depends on your view) news Jun isn't going to be directing it, so we can expect it to be what resident evil should be, Scary or shitty depending on who is directing it now.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
That pained every sane person, I think. Indeed, no one was bothered that you were killing pretty much 100% hispanics in RE4.

I just thought that RE5 was lacking in things like suspense and general horror. Not to mention my dislike of the inventory change.

K J H
I know what did they expect the game was set in africa

Relax its just a game

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Phanteros
Good/or bad(depends on your view) news Jun isn't going to be directing it, so we can expect it to be what resident evil should be, Scary or shitty depending on who is directing it now.

If Jun was the guy who made RE5 more actiony and less creepy, made the crappy inventory system return, and is responsible for killing off the greatest antagonist ever, then good riddance to that guy and may he never harm a good franchise again.

-Pr-
i'm glad to see that the guy from re5 wont be returning. i liked the game, but i want more horror than action from resident evil.

i hope to god hunk isn't the main protagonist, though... would prefer leon or jill...

Nemesis X
Originally posted by -Pr-
i hope to god hunk isn't the main protagonist, though... would prefer leon or jill...

And what's so bad about HUNK being a protagonist? estahuh

He probably won't be anyways because in case you haven't read my past post, he's gonna be in Revelation which hasn't even been out yet and the same reason goes to Jill as well. Leon could be in it since he isn't in any currently developed games so it's possible he's the protagonist.

-Pr-
And what's so bad about HUNK being a protagonist? estahuh

He probably won't be anyways because in case you haven't read my past post, he's gonna be in Revelation which hasn't even been out yet and the same reason goes to Jill as well. Leon could be in it since he isn't in any currently developed games so it's possible he's the protagonist.

he's the boba fett of resident evil imo.

i did read your post. doesn't change how much i don't want to play as hunk in a resident evil game, including revelations.

No End N Site
I call for a new protagonist!

FinalAnswer
greatest antagonist ever

Lol.

FinalAnswer
Leon could be in it since he isn't in any currently developed games so it's possible he's the protagonist.

Nah.

Barry and Rebecca mother****er.

§P0oONY
If Jun was the guy who made RE5 more actiony and less creepy, made the crappy inventory system return, and is responsible for killing off the greatest antagonist ever, then good riddance to that guy and may he never harm a good franchise again. The beauty of the Resident Evil games is the storyline is so crappy they can easily write Wesker back in.
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Nah.

Barry and Rebecca mother****er.
I'd like to see Barry take a starring role actually. He's always played second fiddle.

Phanteros
They could just recon the ending of RE5 and made so that Wesker never actually died and some how escaped death. but in his current state of mind I don't think he will never reach the level of intelligence he was again.

Well its apperently people will not be missing Jun after all?

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, they could probably somehow make the horrible RE5 ending look like it was just a dream sequence.

FinalAnswer
Wesker clone

Would explain his butchered personality.

§P0oONY
Sheva is harbouring a Wesker clone... And it breaks out of her... Killing her mercilessly.

-Pr-
Not Wesker again. Please god no.

XanatosForever
he's the boba fett of resident evil imo.

I feel as though this comment should make sense to me, but it doesn't. Clarify, would you kindly?

FinalAnswer
Not Wesker again. Please god no.

Wesker > Any and every other character in Resident Evil.

Fact.

-Pr-
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I feel as though this comment should make sense to me, but it doesn't. Clarify, would you kindly?

He's wicked cool and all the kids want to be him, but it's not because of any great character development or depth. He's just cool. Like Darth Maul and so on.

Fact.

laughing out loud

not imo.

Nemesis X

-Pr-
And now you're mocking Boba Fett? You jackass.

why? because he's cool?

Please.

§P0oONY

Fact. I concur.. hmm

StyleTime
I would concur, but he's not actually cooler than HUNK though.

Phanteros

Well as long as he isn't close to being mentally retarded, I'm cool with it.

How can we not miss Jun? Did you know that in one of his many interviews before RE5 came out, he said he wasn't trying to make a game of the year?
The sad thing is that based on his his word choice on the boss fight, he is just going to pretty much be a a raging retard.

besides the producer of RE5, Masachika Kawata, said he is finished off for good

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by StyleTime
I would concur, but he's not actually cooler than HUNK though.

But he has moar character then HUNK

Infact, HUNK has no character =|

@Phanteros

A new director could come along and just say "**** you" and bring back Wesker

Phanteros

Infact, HUNK has no character =|

@Phanteros

A new director could come along and just say "**** you" and bring back Wesker I don't want Wesker to become another Sephiroth and just bring him back to milk more money. Perhaps we get some new villain that will be as interesting as him. but knowing Capcom...

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Phanteros
I don't want Wesker to become another Sephiroth and just bring him back to milk more money. Perhaps we get some new villain that will be as interesting as him. but knowing Capcom...

It's fine as long as the character is done well =|

Nemesis X
Is everybody forgetting Alex Wesker? His fate after disappearing is unknown and it's possible that he's still alive. Making him the next antagonist would be a better route to take for that beats having to bring back what's already dead (in other words: beats making PIS to enrage/confuse fans).

FinalAnswer
Nobody cares about ****ing Alex Wesker.

Nemesis X
Nobody cares about ****ing Alex Wesker.

And why is that? He is the last surviving Wesker after all.

FinalAnswer
And why is that? He is the last surviving Wesker after all.

Because he's a throw away villain that's leeching off the Wesker name?

StyleTime

That is undoubtedly true.

Still, he is not as cool as HUNK.

FinalAnswer
Nor is HUNK anywhere near as cool as TOFU

§P0oONY
Nor is HUNK anywhere near as cool as TOFU Agreed.

jinXed by JaNx
will this one have co-op as well?

StyleTime
Nor is HUNK anywhere near as cool as TOFU
That goes without saying though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
will this one have co-op as well?

We don't know yet. If i had to guess, i'd say probably not. They've been speaking about rebooting the series, and considering the majority of the games have been about one player and not two, i'd say it's just going to be one...

Impediment
I still have no idea why so many people are whining about how "RE5 was not RE5" and how "it sucked teh bawls" when RE4 was Game of the Year over many times, all the while RE5 stuck to the same formula as RE4.

Yes, RE5 had the lamest boss (Wesker) ever. Still, that doesn't change the fact that the Las Plagas were present for RE5, and the co-op play was only MORE enhanced with Chris and Sheva (I still maintain that the A.I. was awesome) rather than run with a partner and protect a la RE4.

Personally, RE5's only flaw was the horrible choice for a final villain and, most importantly, how the final battle with said villain was fought. Ranting dialogue included.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Impediment
I still have no idea why so many people are whining about how "RE5 was not RE5" and how "it sucked teh bawls" when RE4 was Game of the Year over many times, all the while RE5 stuck to the same formula as RE4.

Yes, RE5 had the lamest boss (Wesker) ever. Still, that doesn't change the fact that the Las Plagas were present for RE5, and the co-op play was only MORE enhanced with Chris and Sheva (I still maintain that the A.I. was awesome) rather than run with a partner and protect a la RE4.

Personally, RE5's only flaw was the horrible choice for a final villain and, most importantly, how the final battle with said villain was fought. Ranting dialogue included.

The AI was better than most games, I'd agree. Sheva did have her dumb moments, though...

§P0oONY

Personally, RE5's only flaw was the horrible choice for a final villain and, most importantly, how the final battle with said villain was fought. Ranting dialogue included. RE4 broke the mould... RE5 looked at the broken mould and tried to make some jelly/o in it.

RE5 wasn't a great game. Simple as that.

I'm not saying that it was terrible... or even bad.... But it was below par in terms of Resident Evil.

-Pr-

§P0oONY
was still better than Code Veronica, imo. Code Veronica was below par too.

I'd still say that RE5 was the worst numbered RE game though.

-Pr-

FinalAnswer

And how it utterly butchered Resident Evil's storyline, namely the only well developed character in the series, and got rid of the horror aspect, something RE4 had managed to keep.

As fun as co-op mode is, it completely ruined the atmosphere that RE had. Now it's just "KILL ****ING EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"

Naw, RE5 was complete and utter shit. Non-gameplay wise, anyway.

Who gives a shit about RE's storyline? It's always been campy, lol.

You guys are just racist. ahah

FinalAnswer
Who gives a shit about RE's storyline? It's always been campy, lol.

You guys are just racist. ahah

Zombies > Black People.

uhuh

Nemesis X

Most people saw RE5 as a RE4 clone minus the creepiness and awesomeness.

Uroboros Wesker I agree but the previous fights with Wesker were uber. Those parasites should've stayed in Europe imo. No, Sheva's AI is not awesome and at least Ashley knew when to stay out of harms way. Sheva kept running into danger and when she died, game over and I try to struggle with myself to not turn off the game 'cause I'm frustrated.

I hate how Wesker was finished off for it felt like an insult. The final battle against Wesker was a flaw but not Wesker himself for he was doing well up until PIS came out of nowhere and ruined about almost everything.

-Pr-
And how it utterly butchered Resident Evil's storyline, namely the only well developed character in the series

who?

Chris! haermm

Jill?

Sheva!?

FinalAnswer
who?

His first name is Albert.

at least Ashley knew when to stay out of harms way.

haermm

§P0oONY
Ashley did at least try. I never really had an issue with her.

-Pr-
His first name is Albert.

haermm

i'd say Leon is just as "developed" as Wesker (same as Jill or Chris), who i don't think is that well developed at all. He comes across as a flat, theatre villain too many times for my liking.

Sheva saved my ass too many times for me to completely diss the AI, so i can't complain.

Sheva's AI was great, if you knew how to use her right.

Basically, just.. give her a sniper rifle. Only reason I beat the game on Professional was because she spent the entire game using a fully upgraded sniper rifle.

§P0oONY
She was still a flawed and unnecessary game mechanic though. Her main use was carrying things that your shit excuse for an inventory screen could not.

-Pr-
I actually liked the co-op system. I wouldn't mind a more horror oriented resident evil keeping it either.

FinalAnswer
i'd say Leon is just as "developed" as Wesker (same as Jill or Chris), who i don't think is that well developed at all. He comes across as a flat, theatre villain too many times for my liking.

Sheva saved my ass too many times for me to completely diss the AI, so i can't complain.

By the time of Degeneration, Leon has no personality whats so ever.

killermover
I hope will get a Jill solo adventure this time.

No End N Site

Basically, just.. give her a sniper rifle.

BINGO! Thought I was the only peron to try that shit. She made that game super easy.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by killermover
I hope will get a Jill solo adventure this time.

RE3

**** Chris and Jill.

-Pr-
By the time of Degeneration, Leon has no personality whats so ever.

Disagreed.

RE3

**** Chris and Jill.

without them there's really no reason to have wesker in a game, though...

Ridley_Prime
RE4 says otherwise.

And even then, he's still better than any of the other series' antagonists.

Disagreed.
He really didn't have much of a personality in Degeneration, though. At least from what I remember.

Wasn't Wesker in that game for like all of 5 minutes?

FinalAnswer
Disagreed.

Leon constantly had a no expression face on the entire game.

Ada. Sherry Birkin. Stuff and waffles. You talk as if Wesker is only an antagonist to Chris and Jill. He is essentially Resident Evil's main antagonist, having influenced nearly every major event in the series and appearing in more games then any other character.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
RE4 says otherwise.

he wasn't the central villain in re4, though.

resident evil antagonists aren't exactly known for their development in general.

re2 and re4 do more for him than degeneration, though.

Leon constantly had a no expression face on the entire game.

Ada. Sherry Birkin. Stuff and waffles

degeneration isn't a game.

ada and sherry don't have the history with wesker that chris and jill do, though.

FinalAnswer
degeneration isn't a game.

ada and sherry don't have the history with wesker that chris and jill do, though.

It's canon to the series though.

Lol wut? Ada was one of Wesker's most trusted agents, having worked for him way back in 1998. Sherry was his best friend's daughter, and carried a suppresed G-Virus, and he had her in captivity.

Ridley_Prime
Wasn't Wesker in that game for like all of 5 minutes?
Yeah, but that's kinda beside the point.

edit-
he wasn't the central villain in re4, though.
Yes, but he doesn't have to be the central villain in a particular game in order to be in it. RE4 is proof of that smile, as is Darkside Chronicles to some extent.

resident evil antagonists aren't exactly known for their development in general.
Wesker's a nice exception then, and being a theatre villain at times doesn't make him any less developed than the protagonists you mentioned, thanks to some of his other traits.

re2 and re4 do more for him than degeneration, though.
True. Imma agree to that much.

-Pr-
It's canon to the series though.

Lol wut? Ada was one of Wesker's most trusted agents, having worked for him way back in 1998. Sherry was his best friend's daughter, and carried a suppresed G-Virus, and he had her in captivity.

i didn't say it wasn't.

i know. also, he's a fool to trust ada, but that's beside the point.

chris and jill still have MORE history with him, though, which was my point.

Yes, but he doesn't have to be the central villain in a particular game in order to be in it. RE4 is proof of that smile, as is Darkside Chronicles to some extent.

so? he was present, yes, but he wasn't the main antogonist or much of one at all.

i don't think he's more developed than them, though.

Ridley_Prime
i didn't say it wasn't.

i know. also, he's a fool to trust ada, but that's beside the point.

chris and jill still have MORE history with him, though, which was my point.
That last part's debatable.

so? he was present, yes, but he wasn't the main antogonist or much of one at all.
Obviously not, but being a behind-the-scenes kind of guy still worked well enough for him.

i don't think he's more developed than them, though.
How is he not more developed than Saddler, Krauser, Alexia, and the like? They all pale compared to him.

Ridley_Prime
Back on topic, I recall that some time ago, Capcom had made a statement that fans could wait something among 4 or 8 years ahead in future, in order to have RE6 come out... Now, they want a new RE6 game as soon as possible. Their indecisiveness is annoying, but I hope at least, they make a decent and good RE6, with much better history, gameplay, and if possible, an improved mercenaries mode.. but the fact Crapcom wants RE6 to be released ASAP makes me think they're just gonna rush the whole thing for the most part. Hope I'm wrong on that though.

-Pr-
That last part's debatable.

fair enough.

of course it does, and we learnt a lot about his history.

was talking about chris, jill, leon and the like.

in all honesty, i like wesker. i do. he's a great villain. i'm just not a subscriber to the belief that he's so much more well developed than anyone else in resident evil.

Back on topic, I recall that some time ago, Capcom had made a statement that fans could wait something among 4 or 8 years ahead in future, in order to have RE6 come out... Now, they want a new RE6 game as soon as possible. Their indecisiveness is annoying, but I hope at least, they make a decent and good RE6, with much better history, gameplay, and if possible, an improved mercenaries mode.. but the fact Crapcom wants RE6 to be released ASAP makes me think they're just gonna rush the whole thing for the most part. Hope I'm wrong on that though.

a new producer means i'm optimistic at the very least. i wouldnt mind keep co-op, but i'm like everyone here in wanting a return to a more horror based game.

AsbestosFlaygon
I hope this doesn't turn out to be a butchered version of RE5, which was a butchered version of RE4.

It would be nice if they could make adjustents for the camera angles a combination of Silent Hill 1 and Resident Evil 1-3.

Also, bring back the damn item chest!
That shitty excuse of a brief case gets cluttered up too easily.
I'm forced to sell a lot of useful stuff, just to fill it up with useful stuff to sell again.

Kazenji
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

It would be nice if they could make adjustents for the camera angles a combination of Silent Hill 1 and Resident Evil 1-3.

Seriously The camera angles were just fine for Res 5

erm

Well you did'nt have to sell the items you just put it in the suppy box before and after each level....

§P0oONY
In my opinion Resident Evil 4 had the perfect item system. The Attache Case was easily big enough to carry what you wanted... and the merchant was quality. "Got something that might interest you."

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Kazenji
Seriously The camera angles were just fine for Res 5
It makes the game far too easy, compared to RE 1-3.

They could bring back an element of surprise if they can make a hybrid camera angle system a la RE 1-3 + Silent Hill.

Ridley_Prime
was talking about chris, jill, leon and the like.

in all honesty, i like wesker. i do. he's a great villain. i'm just not a subscriber to the belief that he's so much more well developed than anyone else in resident evil.
Oh, okay. I thought you were talking about the other villains.

Ah, fair enough dude.

a new producer means i'm optimistic at the very least. i wouldnt mind keep co-op, but i'm like everyone here in wanting a return to a more horror based game.
Same here. While some have said that co-op was one of the main things that took away from the horror aspect of Resident Evil, it can be argued that you can have a good mix of both when done right. RE5's Lost in Nightmares add-on was a good example of that, especially when at the dungeon part after you lost your current equipment.

They could bring back an element of surprise if they can make a hybrid camera angle system a la RE 1-3 + Silent Hill.
Yeah. At the very least, that kind of camera system should be an option like the older camera kind of was in Lost in Nightmares.

aaZz9T1TDDs

Counter intuitive =\= "challenging".

jinXed by JaNx

How does the camera angle make the game easier? If anything, your range of vision is more hindered in the over the shoulder camera.

-Pr-
Same here. While some have said that co-op was one of the main things that took away from the horror aspect of Resident Evil, it can be argued that you can have a good mix of both when done right. RE5's Lost in Nightmares add-on was a good example of that, especially when at the dungeon part after you lost your current equipment.

one thing i would request, though, is the ability to split up. i don't know if the console could handle it, but i'd love to see a horror resident evil where you can choose to play together, or split up to investigate different things.

I'm pretty sure Lost in Nightmare's had some sections like that.

-Pr-

i'm talking about fully seperate sections though. like in the re: 1 mansion, one person would go to the left door and one would go to the right.

FinalAnswer

Lost in Nightmares was garbage though.

Ridley_Prime
one thing i would request, though, is the ability to split up. i don't know if the console could handle it, but i'd love to see a horror resident evil where you can choose to play together, or split up to investigate different things.
Agreed. That would be pretty good to have.

Lost in Nightmares was garbage though.
No it wasn't. Far from it in fact. Desperate Escape was garbage, however.

FinalAnswer
No it wasn't. Far from it in fact. Desperate Escape was garbage, however.

Yes, it was.

First part was bored out of my mind, the second part (Killing the Executioner cut outs) got boring quick, and only at the end with Wesker did I start to enjoy the DLC.

Ridley_Prime
The first part was meant to serve as suspense which a lot of horrors tend to have at first. The Guardians of Insanity are much smarter and trickier to beat than the Executioner, and unlike the Executioner, you're ****ed once they grab you. The thinking skills needed to kill the Guardians with the dungeon traps (especially on professional difficulty) made it far from boring for me. I'll agree though that the Wesker fight was one of the best parts of the DLC.

FinalAnswer
The first part was meant to serve as suspense which a lot of horrors tend to have at first. The Guardians of Insanity are much smarter and trickier to beat than the Executioner, and unlike the Executioner, you're ****ed once they grab you. The thinking skills needed to kill the Guardians with the dungeon traps (especially on professional difficulty) made it far from boring for me. I'll agree though that the Wesker fight was one of the best parts of the DLC.

It was also boring as ****.

They never grabbed me though 313

I made them my ***** on the trap part =l. The Guardians were pathetic, if you dun play like a retard.

I thought the Wesker fight was the most boring part of it, personally. He does the same three things throughout the entire fight.

Ridley_Prime
It was also boring as ****.

They never grabbed me though 313

I made them my ***** on the trap part =l. The Guardians were pathetic, if you dun play like a retard.
Nah.

Cool.

On the easiest difficulties, yeah. Were you playing on veteran or professional with someone though?

I thought the Wesker fight was the most boring part of it, personally. He does the same three things throughout the entire fight.
Meh. Was still better than the two encounters with him on chapters 5-3 and 6-3 of the main game, especially when it came to the music and background.

Nemesis X
On the easiest difficulties, yeah. Were you playing on veteran or professional with someone though?

Meh. Was still better than the two encounters with him on chapters 5-3 and 6-3 of the main game, especially when it came to the music and background.

I forgot, was I telling you to lure them while I still held that cage open but you didn't want to do it and kept shouting "come on!"? Also, yeah, those spiked ceiling traps were intense and you were mostly the bait.

Definately.

FinalAnswer
Nah.

Cool.

Yah.

Veteran, I believe, as Easy is for pussies, and Normal is kinda easy. Wasn't playing with anyone though. People are stupid.

Ridley_Prime
I forgot, was I telling you to lure them while I still held that cage open but you didn't want to do it and kept shouting "come on!"? Also, yeah, those spiked ceiling traps were intense and you were mostly the bait.

Definately.
I forget now too to be honest stick out tongue, but other than that, yeah. It was mainly the lag though that made it difficult for us when we were playing on veteran (i.e. the ceiling trap not dropping as fast as it normally should have and the Guardian getting past the trap and killing me because of it).

Yah.

Veteran, I believe, as Easy is for pussies, and Normal is kinda easy. Wasn't playing with anyone though. People are stupid.
Not when you're playing with the right people, and AI partners can be stupid too.

Man... I don't know if Capcom knows how to make a good non-fighting game anymore. LP2 sucked balls.

Ridley_Prime
Guess that remains to be seen. As pointed out earlier, RE6 will have a different producer from RE5, so it's reason enough to be a bit more optimistic for it at the least.

Didn't really play Lost Planet 2, so I can't comment on that.

Kazenji
Man... I don't know if Capcom knows how to make a good non-fighting game anymore. LP2 sucked balls.

Dead Rising
Devil May Cry.....i suppose

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Kazenji
Devil May Cry.....i suppose

No.

Kazenji
Breath Of Fire
Ace Attorney
Mega Man

SasuOna
Hopefully Leon and Clair get focused on this time around. That way they can finally adress what happened to Steve(still don't think hes dead) and Ada.

FinalAnswer
Nah.

Barry and Rebecca >

Do want Claire. Leon can suck it, though.

Claire Barry team-up. Gogogo

NemeBro
The fact that Barry Burton has not dominated the entire series is already a bad quality of RE, do want moar Burton.

Demonic Phoenix
No.

Bollocks.

DMC2 and DMC4 are the 'not good' DMC games.
Nonsensical plot and incredibly laem characters aside (barring Vergil), DMC1 & particularly DMC3 are good non-fighting Capcom games.

FinalAnswer
They're boring and laem

-Pr-
DMC 1 is one of the most intense gaming experiences i've ever had. Calling it boring is lunacy imo...

Did you... did you masturbate, while playing it?

-Pr-
Did you... did you masturbate, while playing it?

laughing

i said intense gaming experiences, not intense in general.

Just watched RE: Afterlife... Man, when you rob shit from RE: 5 and execute it that badly, it makes me wonder if we'll ever see a true RE movie.

Ridley_Prime
Supposedly, the next movie (if there is going to be one, pending on Afterlife's success) is gonna be a series reboot, with Leon being a starring character or somethin' (according to Resident Evil wikia).

Afterlife Wesker was at least way better than RE5 Wesker in terms of personality and what not, IMO. I liked Chris's acting too to some extent, but everything else about the movie was "Eh...".

Demonic Phoenix
They're boring and laem

WUT? Despite DMC1 being primarily an action game, it had a rather neat survival factor tied to its gameplay, which is probably why it was intense for Pr. stick out tongue

DMC3 ignored the survival factor and focused entirely on combat depth instead, which it excelled in.

If that's boring and laem to you...

Ridley_Prime
I know what I have to post here isn't necessarily about RE6, but recently, I found some interesting bit of info on gamefaqs concerning RE5. Interesting tidbits that could've (really should've actually) been in the game. After reading all of it I really wished Capcom went through with these idea's and I mean most (if not all) of them.

* It was indeed originally a 1 player game with Chris as the main character. Sheva was an NPC you would meet later in the game and instead of a BSAA agent, she was originally part of a local militia. She was changed to a BSAA agent when co-op was brought in.

* Chris has ridiculously big muscles because he has been training hard for his eventual confrontation with Wesker.

* Sheva's breasts are slightly smaller than Jill's. She is not muscley because the developers wanted her to look sexy. Her tattoo 'Shujaa' means 'hero' in Swahili.

* Wesker kept his Samurai Edge as it was deemed he would only use his super strength against 'worthy' opponents. Originally, he was to have no gun as the developers thought he wouldn't need one due to his powers. His coat is made of special material that can deflect shrapnel and other common shards.

*Jill's control mechanism was originally to be on her head but the project leader said "If we put it on her chest, we can open up her chest area and it'd be sexy." No one on the development team argued with that.

*Excella was originally a secretary to the male CEO of Tricell. Wesker becomes intimate with her to gain access into Tricell. Their relationship is strengthened by what they believe they can gain by manipulating each other. When the male CEO idea was scrapped and Excella was put in charge, her character was changed to a more elegant celebrity type, and again the developers worked hard to ensure her breasts were always on show in the cut-scenes.

*Instead of Las Plagas, the T-Virus was to be used. The public assembly stage would have had zombies and so the level map would have been three times larger than the final game. The PA stage was eventually redone three times.

* Jill 'dying' was always in the story. However, there was a time where there was a branch in the scenario where she would die for real depending on how the story progressed.

*The Executioner was originally just a chainsaw Majini with a large axe, but it didn't look right, so a bigger enemy was created.

*There were running zombies, though its not stated if they were a new breed or crimson heads.

*The scene with Kirk's crash and the Kiepepeos was originally a spectacular cut-scene to demonstrate the first appearance of the creature. But it was dropped in favour of introducing the Kiepepeos in the sewers and the helicopter crash was done in real-time.

*Chris began the game on his own, but at one stage Jill was leading a team of BSAA agents who Chris presumably met up with. Pg 74 has a shot of Jill being attacked by biker Majini.

*Kijuju originally had a night level which included a large tower in the centre of town. The player could go up this and from the top could see across the whole of Kijuju.

*Irving was originally an experiment himself and had a bar code on the back of his neck to identify him. Originally you were still in the city when you fought him.

*The scene were Chris and Sheva were separated in the Ndipaya kingdom was originally Chris falling down a large pit. He falls into a waste management building for the Umbrella Africa lab and had to fight his way through that alone. Sheva entered the African lab alone and found Jill's test tube and this time she was still in it.

*When the game was single player, the Ndipaya levels were a lot more adventurous. When co-op was added, they had to reduce the number of tricks and traps.

*The Ndipaya valued the Ndipaya flower for its medicinal purposes, but its overuse eventually ended up wiping out the entire civilization.

*The Progenitor flower was originally an aquatic flower.

*Wesker originally died by simply falling into the lava without mutating. This was then changed to him dying via rocket launcher as a homage to the earlier games.

*The volcano and erupting lava location was chosen to emphasise that this truly was the end for Wesker. (Ironic, given all the 'Wesker still lives, the rockets missed him!' posts.)

*Wesker could originally control Uroboros with his mind.

*Originally the final battle was a full on raw fight between Chris and Wesker but this was changed with co-op when it became 2 on 1.

*Development on the game began in 2004.

*The weapons Merchant was brought back after RE4.

*Originally there was a huge level that was just desert. But since there was no cover available they would have to resort to enemies popping up out of the sand so it was dropped. This level also contained the wreckage of a ship on a long dried out lake. A weapons merchant had set up shop here.

*At one stage the timed level where you have to survive for a set period of time until the helicopter arrives to rescue you was a night stage and the enemies were all Lickers.

*Originally when the game was 1 player it began with a battle against an Uroboros (which at this stage was just another BOW) in the streets of town. Secretary Excella and Irving are looking on from a safe distance. Cameras have been set up all over town and they are being monitored by the male Tricell CEO.

*Eventually, Sheva got separated from Chris and was captured by Excella and her men. After she is rescued, we see her shaking hands with Jill.

*The CEO character is betrayed by Wesker and Excella and is murdered in cold-blood.

*There was a Tyrant in the game, and it killed Excella under orders from Wesker.

*In the first battle between Chris and Wesker, Chris is beaten to within an inch of his life until Jill rescues him.

*When Jill fell with Wesker at the Spencer Estate, she stabbed him in the right eye with a knife. As a result, Wesker had a glass eye in his right socket which was to be his one true weakness.

*The final battle ended with Wesker still human but knee deep in rising lava. Chris was about to go under but a jet arrives piloted by Sheva and Jill. Chris jumps onto the wing and the player fires the rockets, killing Wesker. The game ends with the players getting out of the jet and walking away.

*The first city section had a train full of zombies that derailed in front of the player

*The weapons merchants had shops in town. But the player has to rip down barricades to get to the door as the merchant has been protecting himself from the zombies. You then pressed the action button to knock on the door The merchant then peeks through a viewing slit where the scene switches to first person. He asks if you are friend or foe and if there are any zombies around.

*One scene involved the players jumping off a second floor balcony onto a set of unstable pillars. Lots of zombies would be milling around on the floor below and the player had to jump from one pillar to the next while the zombies shook them trying to make the player fall.

*There was a night level where there is a car crash and there were a lot of local NPCs trying to protect the barricades, fighting back the zombies with primitive weapons. Chris and his partner which at this stage was undecided between Jill or BARRY (!) would have to stop and help out for a predetermined amount of time.

*One level had a set of tacked drum cans which would fall and the zombies would try and crawl over thema nd one another to get to the player.

*There was once a massive fortress siege scene. The majini were firing bows and arrows. Chris would be assisted by 12 allies in this scene.

*Like the scene where you have to protect Josh as he works the elevator, there was a similar one where you had to protect Jill from an El Gigante as she worked the power supply unit

*You had to fight 10-15 El Gigantes at the same time.

*The zombies were changed to Majini because the developers believed another zombie-filled game might not be able to hold it's own through to the very end. Group attacks and organized assaults would not have been possible with zombies.

* One unused enemy design was a creature that attacked by creating hallucinations to confuse their pray. They would emit a fine mist of gaseous substance from their body, and if Chris were to inhale any of it, the screen would switch to a distorted thermal view. Upon review, this whole process didn't fit into the game very well, so it was dropped.

*The Tyrant was cut out because the staff felt it messed with the whole Wesker - Uroboros angle.

*When Uroboros was just a standard BOW, they were called U-9 and U-11. One was to get so large it would consume a whole train and chase Chris as he ran along the top of the carriages.

Some of the talk about zombies and Crimson Heads made me look back at the very first RE5 trailer...

kxCupcM4EYg

The RE5 that never was basically. ^^

I can understand why they took some of the routes for the game that they did, but the fact Crapcom ditched all those concepts that would've ultimately made the game better... makes me sad.

Well, here's to hoping they make more of the right decisions with RE6 (ah, who am I kidding? hanone).

FinalAnswer
CAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMM

Ridley_Prime
Seeing that list of ideas for the RE5 beta makes you realize all the more how much they royally screwed up doesn't it? At least Barry was in the mercenaries reunion though.

Ridley_Prime
So uh, I guess this is closest to the best place I can think to post this besides making a new thread altogether, but.. HD REMAKES OF RESIDENT EVIL 4 AND CODE VERONICA FOR PS3 AND 360 COMING SOON!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/23/re_revival_selection/

I suppose this will make the timing of RE6's release all the sweeter. Will get Code Veronica first though since it was one of the games that I didn't get to play all the way through and only watched some of the cutscenes on youtube.

Frisky Dingo
Sounds nice! N fact I've been complaining about a remake of CV and RE4 4 thousands of years. Now if only they could do this for DMC...

I really have 2 get my own 360 or PS3.

Nemesis X
So uh, I guess this is closest to the best place I can think to post this besides making a new thread altogether, but.. HD REMAKES OF RESIDENT EVIL 4 AND CODE VERONICA FOR PS3 AND 360 COMING SOON!

I suppose this will make the timing of RE6's release all the sweeter. Will get Code Veronica first though since it was one of the games that I didn't get to play all the way through and only watched some of the cutscenes on youtube.

sBwwUfuJZr8

FinalAnswer

There should be an actual remake of RE2 on the PS3 and 360.

Because.

-Pr-
I keep wondering if its going to be just Code Veronica or Code Veronica X...

Ridley_Prime
There should be an actual remake of RE2 on the PS3 and 360.

Because.
I still have a good feeling there eventually will be. Someday.

I keep wondering if its going to be just Code Veronica or Code Veronica X...
What's the difference between the two again?

Also, anyone think it's possible for that HD RE4 remake to at least have teh online/co-op mercenaries like RE5? mmm

Kazenji
I still have a good feeling there eventually will be. Someday.

What's the difference between the two again?
mmm

The X version is an updated game and

-Pr-
Yeah, what he said.

killermover
Jill simply needs to be playable.

Nemesis X
Giving Code Veronica an HD makeover and porting it to the 360/PS3 is a good thing but I wish they'd change the gameplay to feel like RE4's. I don't mind the classic gameplay but it would be nice if there were some alterations other than just the graphics.

Originally posted by killermover
Jill simply needs to be playable.

I'm getting the feeling that Jill is becoming a tad bit overrused. We should probably just give her a break and pay attention to the other important females in the Resident Evil-verse like Claire Redfield. I've noticed that she hasn't had the attention she deserves.

-Pr-
they'd have to build an entirely new game. or at the very least use some assets from RE4 for that.

StyleTime
Am I the only one that would just rather have the actual Resident Evil 6?

I've already played all the entries in the main series multiple times. An HD remake isn't exactly my first choice for a new RE game.

-Pr-
I've no interest in playing 4 or CV, but i'd take new releases of the first 3.

I'm sure they're working on RE6 anyway, and I doubt it's the same people working on both.

Zack Fair
Seeing that list of ideas for the RE5 beta makes you realize all the more how much they royally screwed up doesn't it? At least Barry was in the mercenaries reunion though.

Capcom is lazy.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Capcom is lazy.

Eversince one of the directors said that they weren't attempting to make Resident Evil 5 a game of the year, that's when I had my suspicions that they were lazy. Usually when an RE game would come out after the previous (in terms of continuing the series, none of that railshooting nonsense), it would be better than it's predecessor but when part 5 arrived, I was disappointed. The team that made RE4 must've been switched with a fresh new staff or something because there's no way they could've made so much fail after making one of the best games ever.

Zack Fair
I agree 5 was a disappointment. I haven't even finished the game and I always finish my games =\

Nemesis X
I just hope that in future RE titles, each one doesn't give you an ally through the course of the entire game. Eversince Sheva Alomar, I've been hoping to play a new installment in the franchise without the mentally disabled (by this, I mean bad AI) assisting me. I thought Capcom learned that to make a horror game...well, horrifying, the protagonist would have to be either all alone or have a person with him/her who is totally useless like Ashley Graham but I guess curiosity got the better of them when they wondered what it'd be like to have an actual partner with guns and look how well that turned out. Now we're stuck with an idiot "Rambabe" who acts like your mom who wastes a good can of first aid spray on you if you even step on a thumb tac. I've seen better AI from the marines in Bungie's Halo games and those idiots constantly drive me off cliffs.

Resident Evil 5 was the most successfully selling game in the franchise's history for a reason.

So really, I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept on with that formula.

Zack Fair
Because its multiplatform, the conclusion to the Wesker/Chris rivalry and the first RE in this current gen?

RE4>5.

RE4 was multi-platform as well, and the first RE of the last current gen. >___>

Zack Fair
Nah REmake/RE0

And RE4 was an exclusive until they just went the usual capcom way.

StyleTime
I've no interest in playing 4 or CV, but i'd take new releases of the first 3.

I'm sure they're working on RE6 anyway, and I doubt it's the same people working on both.
Gotcha.

It's not that I even outright reject remakes, but I'd prefer the next installation first and foremost; however, it's entirely probable that it's a different team, so you have a point there.

Ridley_Prime
I'm getting the feeling that Jill is becoming a tad bit overrused. We should probably just give her a break and pay attention to the other important females in the Resident Evil-verse like Claire Redfield. I've noticed that she hasn't had the attention she deserves.
Couldn't agree more. Getting a little tired of Jill at this point, as much as I like her and all.

I'd like to see them focus on Claire as well.

StyleTime
HUNK needs a solo title. Yeah, I said it.

Ridley_Prime
Saw that coming.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>