Current Hulk vs Silver Age Mangog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FearOfBlood
Current Hulk destroyed Skaar twice (SKaar accorgind to Pak's stories is more powerful than Thor) and destroyed Red Hulk. And he's not even the wwh! He's just the Banner Hulk!

Since Red Hulk owned a full powered Odin Thor, i think that a good opponent could be Silver Age Mangog.

Silver Age Mangog, in my opinion, can beat current Hulk at least 2 times out of ten, not more.

Maybe RKT could be a better opponent, but he should not take the majority.

jalek moye
When did any story show Skaar was > Thor?

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by jalek moye
When did any story show Skaar was > Thor?

Banner said that no one (and Thorhimself was in the pic) could have stopped the WWH. The only hope was Skaar. And we saw what happened after that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha Trollbreaker is at it again.

Silver Age Mangog one shot kills the Hulk.

Omega Vision
SA Mangog, King of Marvel bricks wins this.

janus77
got no idea of Silver Age feats, what's he done?

Stoic
Originally posted by janus77
got no idea of Silver Age feats, what's he done?

He's as strong as a billion, billion beings, but could even that amount of people restrain and overpower a planet on the verge of explosion, denying it from exploding? To top it off, he can still become exponentially stronger in instants, according to recent feats.

What has Mangog done to suggest that he is stronger? He has blasts but come on now, Skaar can really hit hard, which the Hulk took, that kid is serious.

janus77
sorry, that was a little hard to follow, who's as strong as a billion billion beings? and what sort of beings? how strong are they? a billion billion Woody Allens wouldn't really impress much...

feats?

Stoic
sorry, that was a little hard to follow, who's as strong as a billion billion beings? and what sort of beings? how strong are they? a billion billion Woody Allens wouldn't really impress much...

feats?

Lol sorry Mangog is that strong. I was also conmmenting on how powerful the Hulk was in stopping the planet from going boom.

I was wondering if even a billion, billion people were capable of that feat.

Colossus-Big C
hulk is actually the king of marvel bricks , writers have outright said that

janus77
Originally posted by Stoic
Lol sorry Mangog is that strong. I was also conmmenting on how powerful the Hulk was in stopping the planet from going boom.

I was wondering if even a billion, billion people were capable of that feat.
ah, well that doesn't sound too impressive. might put him in Thanos range or something.

janus77
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
yeah, that's my understanding too, but then I know nothing of silver age Mangog.

Colossus-Big C
an average god lifts about 30 tons
lets say ,mangog is as strong as a billion 30 toners thats about 30 sextillion pounds of strength

Omega Vision
Feats>statements by hackneyed writers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha. Silver Age Mangog is what Hulk wishes he could be.

Bentley
Guys, stop it, you all know Hulk wins. evil face

janus77
these quantities mean little, when you compare them with feats, any really good feats?

Stoic
ah, well that doesn't sound too impressive. might put him in Thanos range or something.

I don't know his full story, (Mangog) but I'm sure a few people on this forum, payed attention to his rants, and the things that Odin did to him, or it is them.

jalek moye
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
Banner said that no one (and Thorhimself was in the pic) could have stopped the WWH. The only hope was Skaar. And we saw what happened after that.

That had to due with training, the fact that skaar was willing to kill him, and the fact that skaar could absorb the plate movement.

Skaar isn't actually mroe powerful then Thor, just was more suited for that situation.

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer beat Skaar easier than Hulk did. Surfer is stronger than Hulk.

Not sure what that had to do with this thread, but I successfully proved Surfer>>>Thor with the help of that troll who comes here everytime Hulk has a decent feat.

quanchi112
Mangog wins, easily. Devilhulk loses and sobs.

Heavenly king
Magog

vansonbee
Banner said that no one (and Thorhimself was in the pic) could have stopped the WWH. The only hope was Skaar. And we saw what happened after that. Who give a crap what Banner say.

Thor tap that ass.

Mangog > Thor in brawling department.

Until Hulk makes Big G his b1tch. Mangog stomps Hulk!

dmills
Lord when will it end? Phuck you Greg Pak.

Stoic
If feats are the proof of which guy is stronger, where are the feats to prove that Mangog is stronger than the current Hulk?

janus77
seems the thread's been taken over for venting against the injustices of Marvel's depiction of Hulk...

janus77
Originally posted by vansonbee
Who give a crap what Banner say.

Thor tap that ass.

Mangog > Thor in brawling department.

Until Hulk makes Big G his b1tch. Mangog stomps Hulk!
umm, there was some attempt at providing an argument there, somewhere? confused

what's Galactus got to do with this? he farts more power than all of Asgard put together no expression

Stoic
seems the thread's been taken over for venting against the injustices of Marvel's depiction of Hulk...

Yeah well all of the Hulks new feats are on panel, and their pretty accurate to the way that the Hulk always had the potential to be. My thing is that this mental image that he has of Caiera will subside, and one day we'll all probably have to eat the old dumb shytty Hulk stories. Where we see him getting dropped by the likes of Captain America.

quanchi112
If feats are the proof of which guy is stronger, where are the feats to prove that Mangog is stronger than the current Hulk? Feats have never nor should they ever be the determining factor it's how these characters are portrayed. Mangog would crap all over any hulk.

janus77
Originally posted by quanchi112
Feats have never nor should they ever be the determining factor it's how these characters are portrayed. Mangog would crap all over any hulk.
so, what on earth did he do then?
what was he "portrayed as being"?

quanchi112
so, what on earth did he do then?
what was he "portrayed as being"? Able to demolish characters like Thor, a threat to Odin and all of asgard, had Loki shaking in his boots, etc.

Hulk has never ever beaten Thor like Mangog has. Hulk has been unable to get the victory over Thor as to date and Thor has unleashed more power on Mangog as opposed to just swinging his hammer against the Hulk.

This isn't close at all. I mean seriously.

janus77
Yeah well all of the Hulks new feats are on panel, and their pretty accurate to the way that the Hulk always had the potential to be. My thing is that this mental image that he has of Caiera will subside, and one day we'll all probably have to eat the old dumb shytty Hulk stories. Where we see him getting dropped by the likes of Captain America.
Hulk's had cool, truly godly, feats in the past but, as stories turned more introspective, the heroic/fantastical aspect had to be toned down... if you're going to fight Wolverine, it doesn't make for a good story if you punch him to the sun in the first panel...

Stoic
Feats have never nor should they ever be the determining factor it's how these characters are portrayed. Mangog would crap all over any hulk.

I recall you saying several times in the past that collateral damage was a good way of gauging the power of a character. In what way has Mangog ever portrayed, being able to output more power than what it would take to keep a planet from exploding?

Feats are tangible, guesstimating, and assumptions aren't.

quanchi112
Hulk's had cool, truly godly, feats in the past but, as stories turned more introspective, the heroic/fantastical aspect had to be toned down... if you're going to fight Wolverine, it doesn't make for a good story if you punch him to the sun in the first panel... None of his feats put him on Mangog's level. Especially silver age mangog.

janus77
Able to demolish characters like Thor, a threat to Odin and all of asgard, had Loki shaking in his boots, etc.

Hulk has never ever beaten Thor like Mangog has. Hulk has been unable to get the victory over Thor as to date and Thor has unleashed more power on Mangog as opposed to just swinging his hammer against the Hulk.

This isn't close at all. I mean seriously.
Hulk has mullered Rulk, who more or less could have killed OF Thor.
Hulk stopped Juggernaut without much effort, it took Thor a Godblast to achieve that.

Hulk is more powerful than an all out, crazy Sentry.

Stoic
None of his feats put him on Mangog's level. Especially silver age mangog.

What are these feats that place Mangog so high on the totem pole? The Beyonder never determined that Mangog was an infinite power, but he did mention this about the Hulk.

What did silver age Mangog do? What? He ran around screaming that he was as powerful as a billion, billion beings, and left the children quaking in their boots. What has he done?

janus77
None of his feats put him on Mangog's level. Especially silver age mangog.
which begs the question, what are his feats?
I'm sorry if this sounds irrational, but given that he is not an abstract, I would expect feats to be the main requirement for estimating a character's potential in a confrontation.

quanchi112
Hulk stopped Juggernaut without much effort, it took Thor a Godblast to achieve that.

Hulk is more powerful than an all out, crazy Sentry. That was a small portion of the odinforce and he used his own hammer due to leob's terrible writing because of their surroundings to get the win to be crushed the very next issue. Oh and by the way Rulk has owned the Hulk easily and crushed him not the case against Thor.

When did Hulk stop him without much effort ? Thor has beaten Juggs as well and even has the power to separate him from his enchantment.

Sentry at his best absolutely dominates any Hulk. He can come back at will and reality matter warp hulk into a harmless gamma baby. I mean it isn't even up for discussion with the sentry at his best.

What are these feats that place Mangog so high on the totem pole? The Beyonder never determined that Mangog was an infinite power, but he did mention this about the Hulk.

What did silver age Mangog do? What? He ran around screaming that he was as powerful as a billion, billion beings, and left the children quaking in their boots. What has he done? Hulk's never ever surpassed Thor's best showings of power. At his best we have seen him at elite top tier and possibly above that was wb Hulk. Mangog has always been above elite top tier.

Mangog has absolutely raped Thor in the past. has Hulk ever ? Nope. He pounds his chest and is unable to ever beat on Thor because he's no Mangog.

janus77
anyone who isn't quanchi, want to jump in and drop some info?

quanchi112
anyone who isn't quanchi, want to jump in and drop some info? What more do you need here ? Hulk isn't on his level nor does he possess the power or ability to best Mangog.

Stoic
That was a small portion of the odinforce and he used his own hammer due to leob's terrible writing because of their surroundings to get the win to be crushed the very next issue. Oh and by the way Rulk has owned the Hulk easily and crushed him not the case against Thor.

When did Hulk stop him without much effort ? Thor has beaten Juggs as well and even has the power to separate him from his enchantment.

Sentry at his best absolutely dominates any Hulk. He can come back at will and reality matter warp hulk into a harmless gamma baby. I mean it isn't even up for discussion with the sentry at his best.

Hulk's never ever surpassed Thor's best showings of power. At his best we have seen him at elite top tier and possibly above that was wb Hulk. Mangog has always been above elite top tier.

Mangog has absolutely raped Thor in the past. has Hulk ever ? Nope. He pounds his chest and is unable to ever beat on Thor because he's no Mangog.

Did you just say that the Hulk currently would not be able to defeat Thor? Did you also state that The Hulk has never tasted the sting of Mjolnir's other exotic tricks? C'mon Quan stop it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Did you just say that the Hulk currently would not be able to defeat Thor?

He wouldn't. Not if Thor puts away his "honor" etc. and wants the win.

Did you also state that The Hulk has never tasted the sting of Mjolnir's other exotic tricks? C'mon Quan stop it.

That's completely true. The most exotic trick Thor has used on Hulk that I can think off has been lightning.

Stoic
Would you care to compare the Hulk's movement speed to Mangog's?

It's hard to hit a moving target with an anti-force projection beam.

Beam; as in singular light emission point. He could always hit the Hulk with lightening strikes, because so many arcs would connect. Which may be one of the reasons that Thor has rarely deployed such a tactic, if ever.

The one factor that keeps Mangog from a solid victory over a guy like the Hulk should be as air clear as day. The Hulk does not stay at the same level, he breaks the mold, Mangog's bullying at the start, would eventually be matched by a guy that can physically move a planet, and get to that level in moments, even surpassing it.

Actually when did Mangog ever show such strength? On my score card it's Mangog Silver, Golden, Platinum... whatever that has to make up yardage, not the Green Skaar.

Johnny Sorrow
a guy that can physically move a planet

I'm going to assume we're talking about Superboy Prime and not the guy who has never displayed such strength.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Would you care to compare the Hulk's movement speed to Mangog's?

It's hard to hit a moving target with an anti-force projection beam.

Beam; as in singular light emission point. He could always hit the Hulk with lightening strikes, because so many arcs would connect. Which may be one of the reasons that Thor has rarely deployed such a tactic, if ever.

The one factor that keeps Mangog from a solid victory over a guy like the Hulk should be as air clear as day. The Hulk does not stay at the same level, he breaks the mold, Mangog's bullying at the start, would eventually be matched by a guy that can physically move a planet, and get to that level in moments, even surpassing it.

Actually when did Mangog ever show such strength? On my score card it's Mangog Silver, Golden, Platinum... whatever that has to make up yardage, not the Green Skaar.

Hahaha. Movement speed? The Hulk? Do you want to count how many times he actually dodges an attack and how many times he doesn't, instead tanking it in battles?

Movement speed would mean shit by the way when Thor can do something like this:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/MangogvsThor18.jpg

So many arcs would connect? He summons down one main bolt and it hits the Hulk. I've never seen Thor's lightning miss him. Now that I think about it, I don't think Hulk has ever dodged an attack from Thor. Maybe a hammer throw once but that's all I'm coming up with right now. Other than that, the closest scene might be when he catches Norvell's hammer as he doesn't want to get struck by it.

GTFO. Mangog would beat the Hulk's shit in. And something fierce. IRCC, Thor was being tossed around by Mangog's f*cking tail. Back then, Thor was at least Hulk's equal in physical strength despite his dynamic factor. Mangog is simply in another league. In terms of threat, his Silver Age incarnation was probably the worst thing next to the coming of Galactus.

Or maybe Mangog just turns the Hulk into a pig.

And screw planet moving strength. When planets were being consumed and disappearing across the Universe, the two beings Thor thought would be capable of being responsible for it were Galactus and Mangog.

Stoic
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
I'm going to assume we're talking about Superboy Prime and not the guy who has never displayed such strength.

Actually would you say that it was harder to contain a planet seconds away from exploding, and imploding upon itself, or simply moving a planet? The Hulk could have exceeded the power that it took to achieve that stunt. How much more powerful is Mangog than that? That's, if he can go that far to begin with.

quanchi112
Did you just say that the Hulk currently would not be able to defeat Thor? Did you also state that The Hulk has never tasted the sting of Mjolnir's other exotic tricks? C'mon Quan stop it. I think he might manage a very close win but not anything close to Mangog just stomping a hole in him.

Hulk feels the sting of his hammer and was temp ko'd with a lightning blast before. if he went anti matter force blast Hulk would get owned. Thor's far too powerful for the Hulk if he releases his best stuff hence the writers don't ever having him do so.

Stoic
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hahaha. Movement speed? The Hulk? Do you want to count how many times he actually dodges an attack and how many times he doesn't, instead tanking it in battles?

Movement speed would mean shit by the way when Thor can do something like this:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/MangogvsThor18.jpg

So many arcs would connect? He summons down one main bolt and it hits the Hulk. I've never seen Thor's lightning miss him. Now that I think about it, I don't think Hulk has ever dodged an attack from Thor. Maybe a hammer throw once but that's all I'm coming up with right now. Other than that, the closest scene might be when he catches Norvell's hammer as he doesn't want to get struck by it.

GTFO. Mangog would beat the Hulk's shit in. And something fierce. IRCC, Thor was being tossed around by Mangog's f*cking tail. Back then, Thor was at least Hulk's equal in physical strength despite his dynamic factor. Mangog is simply in another league. In terms of threat, his Silver Age incarnation was probably the worst thing next to the coming of Galactus.

Or maybe Mangog just turns the Hulk into a pig.

And screw planet moving strength. When planets were being consumed and disappearing across the Universe, the two beings Thor thought would be capable of being responsible for it were Galactus and Mangog.

That was then, we are talking about a different Hulk now Rage. I also noticed the lumbering lethargic movements that made up for Mangog's fighting style. IRCC.

When did Mangog turn someone into a pig?

Johnny Sorrow
Actually would you say that it was harder to contain a planet seconds away from exploding, and imploding upon itself, or simply moving a planet? The Hulk could have exceeded the power that it took to achieve that stunt. How much more powerful is Mangog than that? That's, if he can go that far to begin with.

A planet can't explode and implode at the same time. Moving tectonic plates is nowhere as impressive as moving Rann.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That was then, we are talking about a different Hulk now Rage. I also noticed the lumbering lethargic movements that made up for Mangog's fighting style. IRCC.

When did Mangog turn someone into a pig?

Hulk's stock has gone up some since WWH. Cool. He'd still get his shit pushed in by Mangog.

So? Hulk will try to tank and not dodge Mangog's attacks. On average at least.

When he transformed himself into Odin and pretended to be him. He was transmuting a bunch of Asgardians. Turned either Volstagg or Balder into a pig.

Stoic
A planet can't explode and implode at the same time. Moving tectonic plates is nowhere as impressive as moving Rann.

Actually a planet can do both simultaneously.

I beg to differ, the Hulk wasn't only bearing the weight of a planet, he was wrestling against the pressures that would have blown the planet to pieces. Which physically is greater than the mass of the object itself. Ask your science teacher, you'll see.

dmills
Did you just say that the Hulk currently would not be able to defeat Thor? Did you also state that The Hulk has never tasted the sting of Mjolnir's other exotic tricks? C'mon Quan stop it. My 2-cents. Current Hulk may be physically stronger then THOR, but no version of the Hulk will EVER be more powerful then Mjolnir. Period.

Johnny Sorrow
Actually a planet can do both simultaneously.

Does a star go supernova and collapse into a black hole simultaneously? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I beg to differ, the Hulk wasn't only bearing the weight of a planet, he was wrestling against the pressures that would have blown the planet to pieces. Which physically is greater than the mass of the object itself.

You mean the pressures that would collapse the planet onto itself...

Oh wait. laughing

No, he was not Hercules with the Earth in his shoulders.

Stoic
Hulk's stock has gone up some since WWH. Cool. He'd still get his shit pushed in by Mangog.

So? Hulk will try to tank and not dodge Mangog's attacks. On average at least.

When he transformed himself into Odin and pretended to be him. He was transmuting a bunch of Asgardians. Turned either Volstagg or Balder into a pig.

Transmogrifying the Hulk is a win in my book, but the strength subject, has to be proven, I've never seen Mangog, or Thor exceed that level. Have you?

Stoic
Does a star go supernova and collapse into a black hole simultaneously? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You mean the pressures that would collapse the planet onto itself...

Oh wait. laughing

No, he was not Hercules with the Earth in his shoulders.

Uhm yea a star actually does just that.

Warlord
Mangog

Stoic
Originally posted by Warlord
Mangog

Can the Hulk be transmogrified? His physiology is different others.

Stoic
I think he might manage a very close win but not anything close to Mangog just stomping a hole in him.

Hulk feels the sting of his hammer and was temp ko'd with a lightning blast before. if he went anti matter force blast Hulk would get owned. Thor's far too powerful for the Hulk if he releases his best stuff hence the writers don't ever having him do so.

An anti force blast could send the Hulk hurtling that's for sure, but to say that he gets owned is speculative at best. We have already seen him tank, an energy blast that tore billions of tons off the moon.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Transmogrifying the Hulk is a win in my book, but the strength subject, has to be proven, I've never seen Mangog, or Thor exceed that level. Have you?

Exceed what level of strength?

I'd place Mangog above in strength any Hulk I've ever seen.

dmills

I'd place Mangog above in strength any Hulk I've ever seen. Why?

Stoic

What I mentioned earlier about containing the explosion of Sakaar.

You do realize that an explosion capable of destroying the mass of object X is greater than the mass of object X itself right? I mean several times greater.

Originally posted by dmills
Why?

That's what I'm wondering.

janus77
still no feats, just Thor-love & rage.

I'm getting the feeling that all this is just to disguise the fact that Mangog did little more than wreck Thor's shit (which Rulk did, which Savage Hulk has done on occasion, when inclined) and the rest is just serious defensive posturing.

if you're going to posit some non-abstract character as being stronger than Hulk, I'd seriously hope for some evidence in the way of feats of said superior strength no expression.

Hulk's shaken off Rulk's best attacks, including Rulk's most determined attempt to energy drain him. something that Rulk did with ease against a lower form of Hulk. Banner/Hulk is now operating far more 'harmoniously' and as a result has none of the issues about ramping up the output, when necessary.

if people need reminding, Hulk's proved on occasions to be stronger than Thor, from opening bunker doors that Thor could not, to bracing mountain ranges whilst Thor could not.

that's in the past, with a significantly lower form, current Hulk would murder Thor so badly it wouldn't be funny. even the depiction of previous encounters just illustrates how little Savage Hulk was bothered, putting down Thor with his own hammer and then jumping away because Thor was done with. Savage Hulk was the last time it was possible to say that Thor might have possibly had some level of parity with Hulk, in overall power terms. yet Savage Hulk has long been eclipsed, as everyone has noted, by the Hulk of the last decade.

another point, their comparable performances with Juggernaut, without Thor resorting to magic to temporarily down the Juggernaut enchantment's connection to Cyttorak. Thor has been squashed and had his fabled mjolnir tanked by Juggernaut, every time. the only time Thor managed to bring Juggernaut to a halt (or close enough) was with a GodBlast.

WWH casually did that to a re-empowered Juggernaut, after being blind-sided, whilst fighting the X-Men. Hulk did that whilst informing Juggernaut that he had no interest in Juggernaut and that he had an agenda and a schedule. so at the very least he brings up enough force to match Thor's absolute best attack, against Juggernaut.

and again, to reiterate, current Hulk is even more powerful than that no expression.

darthgoober

feats?
IDK man... even if Woody was a super wuss and could only lift 10 lbs, that times a billion billion still works out to like 5 quadrillion tons. Not that such an amount would put him beyond the likes of Supes and Thor, but it wouldn't be anything to sneer at either. And creatures assosiated with Asgardians typically have a some level of super strength. Just imagine if Mangog's race were actually 10 or 20 tonners...

janus77
that's perfectly true, but as you say not really beyond comparing with Superman/Thor, so if it goes up a few orders (from (bns^2)*10lbs to (bns^2)*10tons) that still leaves him in a very much quantifiable range.

this of course in comparison to Hulk who is always stated to have upper bounds beyond measure (infinite according to The Leader, Sampson, Beyonder ...) and is frequently showing on-panel evidence that said hyperbole may have some grounding in 'fact'.

so an exceedingly large number versus something beyond measure. given what's been said so far.

I could do with some clarification on this, who made the measurement? what beings did they refer to.

I'm sure I could be wrong about this, these are just characters designed to progress narratives and not some fundamental laws beyond such considerations, but as usual certain people are more inclined to make repeated statements of the kind "x would murder y, how can you even doubt this? when x is so much stronger than y" or "I hate y, therefore it's reasonable to say x easily murders y and is in every way superior to y for the purposes of this battle" when that 'y' happens to be Hulk ...

FearOfBlood
Haha Trollbreaker is at it again.

Silver Age Mangog one shot kills the Hulk.

I don't know who you are, but Hulk wins here!

darthgoober
that's perfectly true, but as you say not really beyond comparing with Superman/Thor, so if it goes up a few orders (from (bns^2)*10lbs to (bns^2)*10tons) that still leaves him in a very much quantifiable range.

this of course in comparison to Hulk who is always stated to have upper bounds beyond measure (infinite according to The Leader, Sampson, Beyonder ...) and is frequently showing on-panel evidence that said hyperbole may have some grounding in 'fact'.

so an exceedingly large number versus something beyond measure. given what's been said so far.

I could do with some clarification on this, who made the measurement? what beings did they refer to.

I'm sure I could be wrong about this, these are just characters designed to progress narratives and not some fundamental laws beyond such considerations, but as usual certain people are more inclined to make repeated statements of the kind "x would murder y, how can you even doubt this? when x is so much stronger than y" or "I hate y, therefore it's reasonable to say x easily murders y and is in every way superior to y for the purposes of this battle" when that 'y' happens to be Hulk ...
Oh don't think I'm trying to lend too much credit to what's almost certainly hyperbole, I'm just high enough that I couldn't stop thinking about how strong a billion billion Woody Allens would be and felt like sharing when I finally got an idea laughing out loud .

FearOfBlood
Hulk has never ever beaten Thor like Mangog has.

He destroyed Thor in Hulk, Let The Battle Begin.
Thanos fears the Hulk BTW and Thanos never beat Thor who's his superior.

Hulk > Mangog > Thor > Thanos.

janus77
Originally posted by darthgoober
Oh don't think I'm trying to lend too much credit to what's almost certainly hyperbole, I'm just high enough that I couldn't stop thinking about how strong a billion billion Woody Allens would be and felt like sharing when I finally got an idea laughing out loud . lol, yeah I'd seen Sleepers recently so he was on my mind (along with how hot a young Diane Keaton was!).

I was tempted to express the figure (H1... style) for a billion billion Asgardians, then I remembered H1... and realised it wasn't worth it.

off topic but, a billion billion Woody Allens versus Hulk? if Woody used all his powers including synchronised neurosis inspired monologues? I think I'd have to concede that battle.

further off-topic, I'm getting images of Woody Allen soaring the "spaceways" on a silver surfboard, wearing socks!

FearOfBlood

Hulk is more powerful than an all out, crazy Sentry.

Quoted for truth. Haters can't deal with that.

Hulk beat Sentry (all out), Thor and Rulk. Who can replicate that ? No one...

janus77

Hulk > Mangog > Thor > Thanos.
come to think of it, Galactus has never beaten Thor either... hmm... confused

Thanos would murder Thor quicker than Hulk does. he's far more versatile, ruthless and has much better durability showings (taking all that Odin could dish out and still coming back for more).

FearOfBlood

Because you are an hulk hater, not because you really think so.

janus77
Quoted for truth. Haters can't deal with that.

Hulk beat Sentry (all out), Thor and Rulk. Who can replicate that ? No one...
yeah it is a great feat but, this is comics, of course others can and - in time - will replicate it.

imo a well written Surfer should best Sentry, Rulk and Thor. he has the attributes to siphon off Rulk's energies, to over power Thor and to out think and manoeuvre Sentry. Thanos also would dispatch the three (maybe even any two of them together).

there are plenty of characters, in short, that would get the job done.

FearOfBlood
come to think of it, Galactus has never beaten Thor either... hmm... confused

Thanos would murder Thor quicker than Hulk does. he's far more versatile, ruthless and has much better durability showings (taking all that Odin could dish out and still coming back for more).

With the difference that Thor and Thanos fought more than once.
Janus i respect you! big grin

How can you debate with these haters laughing out loud ?

basilisk
Mangog FTW

FearOfBlood
there are plenty of characters, in short, that would get the job done.
Not, really. I talk about comics, not fan-fiction.

Actually, only The Hulk has a clear victory over:

- Sentry
- Thor
- Rulk

I'm waiting for others.

janus77
easy, it's just comics. I like reading comics, I'm not ashamed to enjoy the escapism and the opportunity to create hypothetical extrapolations from the 'evidence' provided. it's quite fun, so long as people don't descend to emotional outbursts and irrational rigidity of thought...

Hulk's a really good piece of escapism, I often wonder at what it is about the character/situation that caught my eye as a child... I think it's that feeling of honesty in The Hulk's actions, no guile, disguise, cunning ... just confidence to be himself. then the persecution thing, 'cause you know it happens to others (was a bit of a bully at school) and it's not right but if people don't stand up, you don't respect them ever ... Hulk stood up, he frightened them, yet he never provoked nor instigated...

janus77
Not, really. I talk about comics, not fan-fiction.

Actually, only The Hulk has a clear victory over:

- Sentry
- Thor
- Rulk

I'm waiting for others.
true but, not everyone in comics has fought Sentry/Rulk/Thor. and they're not even the 3 toughest challenges on Marvel Earth (MM, whom Sentry beat once, Juggernaut, various other obscure characters and of course that big sleeping Celestial would be higher up the pecking order than Thor/Rulk).

I don't think there is an argument for claiming that others couldn't do it, just that they haven't.

anyway, you're entitled to your opinion, I could well be wrong smile

amnesia
Odin not being able to kill him.

/thread

Colossus-Big C
Hulk wins
hulk denying a planet from exploding>>>lifting /moving a planet
ask any sane science teacher
odin cant put magog down?
doesnt matter, hulk has tanked blast from galactus

Hulk wins

Omega Vision

hulk denying a planet from exploding>>>lifting /moving a planet
ask any sane science teacher

A sane science teacher would say both are impossible.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Omega Vision
A sane science teacher would say both are impossible. lol

Colossus-Big C
A sane science teacher would say both are impossible. so are 75% of supermans feats

quanchi112

I'm getting the feeling that all this is just to disguise the fact that Mangog did little more than wreck Thor's shit (which Rulk did, which Savage Hulk has done on occasion, when inclined) and the rest is just serious defensive posturing.

if you're going to posit some non-abstract character as being stronger than Hulk, I'd seriously hope for some evidence in the way of feats of said superior strength no expression.

Hulk's shaken off Rulk's best attacks, including Rulk's most determined attempt to energy drain him. something that Rulk did with ease against a lower form of Hulk. Banner/Hulk is now operating far more 'harmoniously' and as a result has none of the issues about ramping up the output, when necessary.

if people need reminding, Hulk's proved on occasions to be stronger than Thor, from opening bunker doors that Thor could not, to bracing mountain ranges whilst Thor could not.

that's in the past, with a significantly lower form, current Hulk would murder Thor so badly it wouldn't be funny. even the depiction of previous encounters just illustrates how little Savage Hulk was bothered, putting down Thor with his own hammer and then jumping away because Thor was done with. Savage Hulk was the last time it was possible to say that Thor might have possibly had some level of parity with Hulk, in overall power terms. yet Savage Hulk has long been eclipsed, as everyone has noted, by the Hulk of the last decade.

another point, their comparable performances with Juggernaut, without Thor resorting to magic to temporarily down the Juggernaut enchantment's connection to Cyttorak. Thor has been squashed and had his fabled mjolnir tanked by Juggernaut, every time. the only time Thor managed to bring Juggernaut to a halt (or close enough) was with a GodBlast.

WWH casually did that to a re-empowered Juggernaut, after being blind-sided, whilst fighting the X-Men. Hulk did that whilst informing Juggernaut that he had no interest in Juggernaut and that he had an agenda and a schedule. so at the very least he brings up enough force to match Thor's absolute best attack, against Juggernaut.

and again, to reiterate, current Hulk is even more powerful than that no expression. Rulk did do with Thor's hammer. Key point is because they were in outer space so it won't happen again in that manner. Thor also rocked him and saved Hulk's life from Rulk at the time.

Mangog is just on another level get back to me when Hulk beats Thor at least once.

Why? Because of how much stronger and more dangerous Mangog has been over any Hulk we have ever seen to this point.Originally posted by FearOfBlood

Hulk > Mangog > Thor > Thanos. No, he had the upper hand which was through broken memories and never beat him. He left the battle scene with the upper hand but never beat him one time.

Thanos doesn't fear the Hulk he has slapped him like a woman, ordered him around like a dog, and overpowered him like a child. Thanos is greater than these top tiers you speak of combined.

iceman24567
Mangog wins everytime it's a spite thread

dmills
I'm shocked by the willingness of some to accept moronic writing (Rulk) and psuedo canon (Let the battle begin) as gospel. That really surprises me.

iceman24567
Smart people dismiss the bs that is Rulk

dmills

and again, to reiterate, current Hulk is even more powerful than that no expression. Whoa nellie! We've got quite a bit of embellishment going on there with a tad of obfuscation thrown in for good measure.

Mjolnir > ANY Hulk.

Johnny Sorrow
Uhm yea a star actually does just that.

laughing

You are somewhat dense, yes? First the majority of layers are ejected due to a rebounding shockwave, then the degenerate remnant of the core collapses into a black hole. They don't happen at the same time.

Anyway I don't care much for attempts to overhype Hulk's feats, no matter how cool they may be. If the planet was exploding, then Hulk's feat is PIS (unless he has magical arms that encircle the entire planet). Same applies for implosion. It was just tectonic plates.

dmills
You know, why doesn't some Thor writer have Thor just beat the shyte out of the Hulk? I mean this motherphucker is an Asguardian with the blood of an elder god -Gaea- running through his veins.

iceman24567
But Hulk is the strongest their is or ever will be you didn't get the memo?

dmills
Ok. Even accepting that Hulk is physically stronger/more powerful than Thor, Mjolnir is still more powerful then any Hulk. So they have an out if they want it. Or am I looking at it wrong?

iceman24567
Strength >>>> All

SuperiorTech
Can we just get the Hulk vs Odin that were we are headed right?

iceman24567
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Can we just get the Hulk vs Odin that were we are headed right? Hulk would effortlessly stomp Odin with his biceps alone laughing

dmills
Nah. Let's just stick with this topic. Now although I don't fall into the Hulk camp, I'd still like to see some evidence of Mangog pounding the current Hulk. Where are the scans of feats?

kgkg
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Surfer beat Skaar easier than Hulk did. Surfer is stronger than Hulk.

Not sure what that had to do with this thread, but I successfully proved Surfer>>>Thor with the help of that troll who comes here everytime Hulk has a decent feat. Nice...

Prep-Man
Mangog.

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
Hulk would effortlessly stomp Odin with his biceps alone laughing

Mangog is not Odin, he's a ranting over muscled dummy, that exhibits coward like tendencies when backed against a wall. Mangog still has to prove that he could out muscle the Green Skaar. He has no on panel feats to prove it.

Also the Hulk would be considered as a Sky Father level character, if he could fly and had energy blast output as great as his strength. I know many will disagree with this assessment, but if you really thought about it long enough, you may see what I do. He does have Sky Father level strength.

What of Banners mind? He's so capable of out smarting Mangog, could he not use a force field to stop from being transmogrified by Mangog? He has the technical know how.

Again someone has to prove that Mangog's strength trumps the things that the Green Skaar has done in recent books. I looked and found nothing to suggest that he can.

Stoic
laughing

You are somewhat dense, yes? First the majority of layers are ejected due to a rebounding shockwave, then the degenerate remnant of the core collapses into a black hole. They don't happen at the same time.

Anyway I don't care much for attempts to overhype Hulk's feats, no matter how cool they may be. If the planet was exploding, then Hulk's feat is PIS (unless he has magical arms that encircle the entire planet). Same applies for implosion. It was just tectonic plates.

I realize that you surfed the web in order to get a new understanding as to what happens to dead stars, but did you read the part that states that all stars have a magnetic field? Before you go waving your flag in victory you should delve a little deeper into the subject matter, or talk to someone that knows. I have, you should try it sometime.

Oh and try to stop speculating on what happened in the Planet Hulk saga, read it and you will know what happened. Calling things PIS for the sake of it is just spite, when it happened on panel more than once.

Anyways, I foresee that it won't take long for you to be banned, but you may surprise me.

dmills
The Mangog feats may be vaporware. And yeah Stoic, you're nut's if you think that the Hulk is anywhere near skyfather level strength. It's still up for debate if he's even the strongest on Earth.

Stoic
Whoa nellie! We've got quite a bit of embellishment going on there with a tad of obfuscation thrown in for good measure.

Mjolnir > ANY Hulk.

Mjolnir is badass, but we have not seen it in action against this new stronger and more damage resistant Hulk. I think that people in certaut as I pointed out, he has yet to prove this.in cases should just fall back, and see who the big dog is. Mangog IMO may be able to bet the Hulk but there is no proof on his side, all I've read was hyperbole, whereas the Hulk has actual feats that we can pull out of his locker and see.

Stoic
The Mangog feats may be vaporware. And yeah Stoic, you're nut's if you think that the Hulk is anywhere near skyfather level strength. It's still up for debate if he's even the strongest on Earth.

What is vaporware? You mean like when Spidey said that Sentry could beat Galactus vaporware? What did people say? Well it has to be proven. It's ok for one but not the other? The Hulk wins until viable evidence shows that Mangog has the stuff to beat a guy that can not only match him in strength, but exceed his might, while also being leagues smarter than him.

Have you ever seen how much a Sky Father can lift? The Hulk has infinite strength potential, meaning that he could exceed a Sky Fathers max bench press. Not that he is as powerful as one, but his strength would do many Sky Fathers proud if they possessed it. You get me?

dmills
What is vaporware? You mean like when Spidey said that Sentry could beat Galactus vaporware? What did people say? Well it has to be proven. It's ok for one but not the other? The Hulk wins until viable evidence shows that Mangog has the stuff to beat a guy that can not only match him in strength, but exceed his might, while also being leagues smarter than him.

Have you ever seen how much a Sky Father can lift? The Hulk has infinite strength potential, meaning that he could exceed a Sky Fathers max bench press. Not that he is as powerful as one, but his strength would do many Sky Fathers proud if they possessed it. You get me? I was somewhat agreeing with you. The feats may be vaporware because the Mangog proponents have't shown us anything.

the Darkone
SA Mangog defeated Odin that alone carries more weight than any Hulk feat.

dmills
No I don't get you. A sky father can will himself past the hulk at any point no matter how much banner amps. They have a deeper well to draw from if need be.

dmills
Originally posted by the Darkone
SA Mangog defeated Odin that alone carries more weight than any Hulk feat. If that's true then this is spite. But you have to show me that.

Stoic
I was somewhat agreeing with you. The feats may be vaporware because the Mangog proponents have't shown us anything.

Yea I know, I just wanted to clarify my words from an earlier post. I can easily admit that Mangog could conceivably wreck the Green Skaar, and vice versa. That's only one avenue to take though, Mangog would also have to compete with banners mind, which he would employ most likely, if he knew all that there was to know about Mangog.

I was under the impression that I should be careful when saying things like; Mangoon trumps all, because of his showing against an unprepped Odin. Not when you factor in that Odin has stopped him when he wasn't in his pj's chilling.

the Darkone
My bad SA Mangog didn't kill Odin, but he defeated him and held Odin captive. Thor 195-198

But he did ruled Asgard Thor #242, 244, 246-250

Stoic
No I don't get you. A sky father can will himself past the hulk at any point no matter how much banner amps. They have a deeper well to draw from if need be.

D, according to the files written on the Hulk, he draws his powers from an inexhaustible power source. I couldn't find it, but I almost recall the Marvel handbooks stating that the Hulk's powers were extradimensional. The well that you're talking about may not be deeper, or more efficient in generating strength values for either. If you read Planet Hulk, or read it. Read closely at how long it took for him to go from a base level (whatever that is today) to being able to save the planet Sakaar. Not long at all, sorry D but I have to disagree with you. On the strength thing.

If the Hulk had Energy projection powers, and could errect mystical fields and such, he'd be up there in power.

Colossus-Big C
i think it was a handbook or something but hulk has infinit energy reserves. it doesnt mean he has infinit strength like fanboys say but his strength can increase to any level of power basing on how long he stays in rage mode there is no upperlimit
the ceestial tech in war hulk was tapping into some of that power and made hulk strong enough to slow juggs to a near stop

Stoic
Mjolnir is badass, but we have not seen it in action against this new stronger and more damage resistant Hulk, as I pointed out, he has yet to prove this. I think that people in certain cases should just fall back, and see who the big dog is. Mangog IMO may be able to beat the Hulk but there is no proof on his side, all I've read was hyperbole, whereas the Hulk has actual feats that we can pull out of his locker and see.

Fixed.

Stoic
i think it was a handbook or something but hulk has infinit energy reserves. it doesnt mean he has infinit strength like fanboys say but his strength can increase to any level of power basing on how long he stays in rage mode there is no upperlimit
the ceestial tech in war hulk was tapping into some of that power and made hulk strong enough to slow juggs to a near stop

Fanboys? No, not really, it's how the characters powers work. He simply has no plateau, and can be written to conceivably be as strong or stronger than any given opponent. Honestly, it's written in every bio of the character, go and check it out for yourself.

He stopped Juggs dead, didn't he? He then threw him away right? Have you noticed the color of Banner/Hulk's eyes at certain moments? What color were War Hulks?

DarkOdin
Fanboys? No, not really, it's how the characters powers work. He simply has no plateau, and can be written to conceivably be as strong or stronger than any given opponent. Honestly, it's written in every bio of the character, go and check it out for yourself.

He stopped Juggs dead, didn't he? He then threw him away right? Have you noticed the color of Banner/Hulk's eyes at certain moments? What color were War Hulks? I agree he has no limits but it not like it climbs constantily to abstract levels. Also he didn't stop jugs but slowed him to a crawl still impressive. As for the throwing him again not what happened. He used juggs own momentuim "spelling" thats waht sent Juggs flying. Anyway Mangog back in the day was a threat to Odin himself He wins 10/10

DarkOdin
umm, there was some attempt at providing an argument there, somewhere? confused

what's Galactus got to do with this? he farts more power than all of Asgard put together no expression Rhino farts more power then current Asgard sad

bagsikdangal101
Mangog

iceman24567

Also the Hulk would be considered as a Sky Father level character, if he could fly and had energy blast output as great as his strength. I know many will disagree with this assessment, but if you really thought about it long enough, you may see what I do. He does have Sky Father level strength. LOL oh please

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Rhino farts more power then current Asgard sad and then k-os himself with the stench.

sorry, i couldnt help myself...

FearOfBlood
I'm shocked by the willingness of some to accept moronic writing (Rulk) and psuedo canon (Let the battle begin) as gospel. That really surprises me.

When Thor gets beaten, it's always a matter of pseudo canon or moronic writing ahhaah

Hulk(s) > Thor, Thanos, DC Top Tier, Mangog...everyone else.

Pak and Loeb think that WB Hulk is Galactus level.

FearOfBlood

Warlord
and Pak is writing Chaos War.... great....

amnesia
Haaah...

FearOfBlood
Again someone has to prove that Mangog's strength trumps the things that the Green Skaar has done in recent books. I looked and found nothing to suggest that he can.

HUlk's hate.

Some fanatics know that current Hulk would kick their fav ass, so they try to underrate him in battle board, despite he has clear victory over Sentry, Thor, Rulk and Skaar.

amnesia
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=505768

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=498802

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=478133

I wonder if he is serious, lol. I think i prefer h1 and quan.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Warlord
and Pak is writing Chaos War.... great....

There are many versions of the Hulk. I'not saying that any Hulk would beat Odin. I'm saying that particular version has no rivals. He beat an all out Sentry (Tom B confirmed that SentryWWW is as powerful as Siege Sentry, being the same person), Red Hulk (actually he was a more in control Banner Hulk) ans Skaar who looked more powerful than Thor himself.

Hulk has dynamic power. Pak just used that peculiarity.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by amnesia
I wonder if he is serious, lol. I think i prefer h1 and quan.

My statements are:

- WWH beat an all out Sentry
- WWH beat Skaar twice
- Savage Hulk beat Thor in Hulk, Let The Battle Begin
- Banner Hulk beat Red Hulk

===== Hulk beat Sentry, Thor, Skaar,Rulk. Fact, proved and happened in comics.

If you don't agree with me you just hate the character.

amnesia

creepsmile

I do hate hulk though, he was created to stimulate the inbred comic book fans.

Mshinu
SA Mangog beats Hulkie Boy to a pulp, barely breaking a sweat.

Stoic
creepsmile

I do hate hulk though, he was created to stimulate the inbred comic book fans.

Inbred? That's kinda harsh don't you think? The Hulk has personality. Pardon the pun.

iceman24567
When Thor gets beaten, it's always a matter of pseudo canon or moronic writing ahhaah

Hulk(s) > Thor, Thanos, DC Top Tier, Mangog...everyone else.

Pak and Loeb think that WB Hulk is Galactus level. Wrong you have no proof troll

amnesia
Originally posted by iceman24567
Wrong you have no proof troll

FOB is someone truly worthy of the Darwin award.

Omega Vision
FOB is someone truly worthy of the Darwin award.
Not yet. He has to kill himself and/or castrate himself in a stupid/embarrassing way to get the Darwin Award.

dmills
My statements are:

- WWH beat an all out Sentry
- WWH beat Skaar twice
- Savage Hulk beat Thor in Hulk, Let The Battle Begin
- Banner Hulk beat Red Hulk

===== Hulk beat Sentry, Thor, Skaar,Rulk. Fact, proved and happened in comics.

1) How can it be an all out Sentry when he never went all out? He was shown later to be even more powerful.

2)Whoopy doo.

3) Psuedo canon at best.

amnesia
Not yet. He has to kill himself and/or castrate himself in a stupid/embarrassing way to get the Darwin Award.

I bet he kills himself trying to get Pak's autograph or something.

dmills
laughing

dmills
HUlk's hate.

Some fanatics know that current Hulk would kick their fav ass, so they try to underrate him in battle board, despite he has clear victory over Sentry, Thor, Rulk and Skaar. No. We just aren't so open minded that our brains leak out.

And Thor beat Surfer, Beta Ray Bill Warlock and the Infinity Watch. Collectively at that.

dmills
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=505768

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=498802

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=478133

I wonder if he is serious, lol. I think i prefer h1 and quan. Oh my damn. I had no clue.

FearOfBlood

No, lies.

1) Tom B. stated that Sentry from WWH and the Voided Out Sentry from Siege #4 are equally powerful.

2) In WWH#5, it has been said at least twice that Sentry is going all out.

3) Deal with it.

Johnny Sorrow
2) In WWH#5, it has been said at least twice that Sentry is going all out.

Then he's one weakass character because his "power of one million exploding suns" energy output couldn't even destroy NYC. Either someone was way overhyped or the dialogue is a flatout lie.

Stoic
^ Or he was focusing all of that power on one point... The Hulk.

Omega Vision
^ Or he was focusing all of that power on one point... The Hulk.
Except the art makes it clear that he wasn't focusing his power, it was spilling out uncontrolled. And yet it only destroyed a few blocks at most.

Stoic
Except the art makes it clear that he wasn't focusing his power, it was spilling out uncontrolled. And yet it only destroyed a few blocks at most.

Well the artist just failed to convey the writers outlook on the way it was supposed to go down, which is the biggest reason why Marvel should have gone with Andrea Di Vito for pencils. Things like Hulk profusely bleeding, and remaining bruised, when he can heal in instants from being reduced to a near skeleton, are other examples. Whatever though.

John Romita Jr. is good IMO just not for the Hulk. I like his Avengers work and Thor work though.

Kinasin
HULK.

Prep-Man
Mangog.

Kasper Gutman
This is a one sided beat down and it's not close. Mangog wins easily. Forget strength comparisons, Hulk cannot even hurt Mangog. Mangog can walk through an all out Thor. It took a god blast down his throat to down him. If Juggernault had an older, tougher brother it would be Mangog. Hulk and Rulk combined could not beat Silver Age Mangog. There are few individuals below the level of skyfather that could beat Mangog. Classic Dr. Strange could. Loki could but that's only because Mangog would happly give most of his power to Loki to kill Odin or Thor. Some reality and uber matter shifters can. Thor had to shove his hammer down Mangog's throat to do it. Silver Surfer probably couldn't. And the big fight would be Thanos vs Mangog and I see a split there. Even Thanos can't hang out with Mangog if it was a pure melee fight.

Kasper Gutman
I should add that Mangog would come to a draw against Juggernaut or The Destroyer unless The Destroyer copies Thor and emits one of those beams down Mangog's throat. Juggs in my opinion comes off as a weaker opponent then those two but matches well due to the enchantments.

janus77
Hulk wins.

iceman24567
Mangog easily

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.