Cross Genre Nominations #15

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Here are the rules:

(1) All nominations must be between one character primarily identified as a comic book character and a character of another medium outside of comics.

(2) No spite nominations.

(3) In order to receive official consideration once the poll thread is made ANOTHER person must communicate their support for the nomination other than the person who proposed it.

(4) Try not to spam nominations, consider them carefully and then post them in this thread.

(5) Explain the scenario and why you think the matchup would be a good one and provide documentation for the character(s) proposed so that others can understand what they're dealing with.

(6) When nodding state which would win in your opinion.

Characters off limits:
Until 16th thread:
Szayel, Ulquiorra, Stark, Barragan, Mayuri, Tosen, Yama, Tessai, Hachi, Byakuya, Ichigo, Aizen & Shunsui, Wonder Woman

Until 17th thread:
Gorgon, Kakashi

MooCowofJustice
Machamp vs Colossus

Machamp has mastered all known forms of martial arts, can punch 1,000 times in two seconds and has a lot of strength. Colossus is also very strong, very durable, and I'm sure can handle himself in a fight.

Infernape vs Batman

A lot of the same stuff above, except Infernape isn't actually slow since it has access to Mach Punch. It also has various other attacks that will no doubt be useful. Ranged attacks included, as well as it's own unique style of Martial Arts. Batman is, well, Batman. Expert MAer, loads of gadgets, one of the best crime fighters in his world.

Tomba vs Moon Knight or Batman/some other High streeter

Tomba's got strength, items, and is fairly fast via Animal Dash and can climb on 90 degree surfaces that do not have to be suitable for climbing. Tomba doesn't really have H2H skill, but he is pretty damn strong and mobile. Fully equipped from both games, I bet I can make a case for a win on one of those fights.

Viewtiful Joe vs Green Arrow and Hawkeye

A random guess at something that might turn out to be good.

-Pr-
This supposed to get pinned?

psycho gundam
moocow, most of the threads you want will be you arguing against yourself erm

Omega Vision
Is there anyone outside of comics who would make a good match for PC Mordru? Like not stomping or getting stomped?
Originally posted by -Pr-
This supposed to get pinned?
Yes.

MooCowofJustice
There's no Batman or Colossus fans around here?

And no actually, I wouldn't. I do not like Batman or Colossus.

-Pr-
I'm a Colossus fan, but i know f*ck all about Pokemon bar the old cartoons.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Characters off limits:
Until 16th thread:
Szayel, Ulquiorra, Stark, Barragan, Mayuri, Tosen, Yama, Tessai, Hachi, Byakuya, Ichigo, Aizen & Shunsui, Wonder Woman

Until 17th thread:
Gorgon, Kakashi does this mean this is getting put up now?

*gets scans ready*

biscuits

Omega Vision
Originally posted by psycho gundam
does this mean this is getting put up now?

*gets scans ready*

biscuits
It's getting put up at the end of the week/beginning of the next. But barring an act of God it will be the 14th thread.

psycho gundam
i'll pm gorgon's demise since i'm never on time cause of work.

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
There's no Batman or Colossus fans around here?

And no actually, I wouldn't. I do not like Batman or Colossus. it's the pokemon part, nobody will know if you're making stuff up or not. the games, the old cartoon, and the bio entries represent three totaly different creatures (as far as the translation of the bio goes).

i vaguely remember the big crab having a claw crushing power of 10,000-100,000 horse power, yet mine got nailed by a rat while walking in a bushy area :/ the rat's spine must have been coated in adamantium

illadelph12
Superman

Vs.

The USS Enterprise NC1701A (Kirk in command), USS Enterprise NC1701-E (Picard in Command), and USS Defiant NX74205 (Sisko in Command)

The ships get an hour of prep.

xmarksthespot
Xena, the Warrior Princess, and her "sidekick" vs Batman and his "ward." doped

psycho gundam
they have a star trek comic with gladiator in it, and he pwned

Etna
One Piece Universe vs Superman!

I'm jk Happy Dance

byrdgang21
Snake, Raiden, Vamp (MGS) vs. Punisher, Blade, Deadpool

He-Man & She-Ra vs. Thor & Wonder Woman

Legolas (LOTR) vs. Hawkeye

Ben 10 vs. Super Skrull

Mega Man vs. Cyborg

psycho gundam
Originally posted by byrdgang21
He-Man & She-Ra vs. Thor & Wonder Woman i'd nod, but i think this has been done before

MooCowofJustice
i'll pm gorgon's demise since i'm never on time cause of work.

it's the pokemon part, nobody will know if you're making stuff up or not. the games, the old cartoon, and the bio entries represent three totaly different creatures (as far as the translation of the bio goes).

i vaguely remember the big crab having a claw crushing power of 10,000-100,000 horse power, yet mine got nailed by a rat while walking in a bushy area :/ the rat's spine must have been coated in adamantium

A Kingler being pwned by a Rattata gets filed under non-canon as optional game play. We cannot actually prove that said Rattata even fought a Kingler. We can only use the parts of it that are the same for every player. These include the Pokedex entries and move pools.

I don't really use the anime for much. I do think it should be used to show what Pokemon moves actually look like though, otherwise anything with Seismic Toss in Gold/Silver/Crystal can toss a planet. The move descriptions in the games can also be used for that.

As for making shit up, I can just quote Bulbapedia on just about anything I'd use.

psycho gundam
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Machamp

^ i see nothing more than what any bio can provide, my real question is how will you transform any of this into an argument that can be supported with evidence other than the games you've played?

pokemon isn't very popular anymore, especially with folks older than 12

MooCowofJustice
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Machamp

^ i see nothing more than what any bio can provide, my real question is how will you transform any of this into an argument that can be supported with evidence other than the games you've played?

I don't understand why I'd need anything other than the games. They have the quotes from the Pokedex which, when they're useful at all, provide just about anything I'd need to make a decent argument.

Also very untrue.

-Pr-
Originally posted by illadelph12
Superman

Vs.

The USS Enterprise NC1701A (Kirk in command), USS Enterprise NC1701-E (Picard in Command), and USS Defiant NX74205 (Sisko in Command)

The ships get an hour of prep.

you'd need a bigger fleet imo.

MooCowofJustice
Nah. Vulcan grip and Kirk shirt tearing is too much for Superman to handle.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

marwash22
Clark Kent, from "Smallville" vs....

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by marwash22
Clark Kent, from "Smallville" vs.... Do we consider him the equivalent of a comic character or a different gen character... Mind blown. messed

Blair Wind
Shikamaru vs Robin (Tim Drake) in Gotham

NemeBro
I have been trying for over a week to come up with a good fight for Akuma from Streetfighter.

Can anyone help me? cry

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Shikamaru vs Robin (Tim Drake) in Gotham nod big grin

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Shikamaru vs Robin (Tim Drake) in Gotham I like it. Nod.

Although neutralizing the setting may be important, things like time of day and stuff?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I like it. Nod.

Although neutralizing the setting may be important, things like time of day and stuff? yup

gotham's perpetually bathed in shadow, you might want to change the setting

marwash22
Do we consider him the equivalent of a comic character or a different gen character... Mind blown. messed he has the same basic powerset but he's a shell of the actual character (dude cant even fly erm), plus he isn't really based on any particular comic story so I think it fits fine for cross-genre.

NemeBro
I will nod the Shika vs. Robin thread.

amnesia
Who would be a good match for Kizaru?

Bentley
Wrath vs Blade? Wrath vs Daredevil?

amnesia
Originally posted by Bentley
Wrath vs Blade? Wrath vs Daredevil?

Wrath would actually stomp both of them. She is after all superhuman.

amnesia
Originally posted by Etna
One Piece Universe vs Superman!

I'm jk Happy Dance

OP's could take superman down. Blackbeards power is after all "infinite gravity"

Bentley
Originally posted by amnesia
Wrath would actually stomp both of them. She is after all superhuman.

She? I meant Full Metal Alchemist Wrath big grin

Originally posted by NemeBro
I have been trying for over a week to come up with a good fight for Akuma from Streetfighter.

Can anyone help me? cry

Well, the guy destroyed an island, so probably Temugin or someone meta level with uber durability?

The Nuul
Sherlock Holmes vs Joker

Can Homes and Watson figure it out in time before Joker kills someone.

Omega Vision
Is there anyone outside of comics who would make a good match for PC Mordru? Like not stomping or getting stomped?

Etna
I nod Shikamaru thread as well

o_o are you crazy? That game series is very popular

Bentley
I'll nod Machamp vs Colossus, it sounds like fun.

Lord_Talron
I'll nod Machamp vs Colossus, it sounds like fun.

Lord_Talron
Batman vs Nexus 6 replicants (Roy, Pris, Leon, and Zhora) from Blade Runner

-fight takes place in the apartment complex that J. F. Sebastian lived in
-they all start out in different corners of the building and dont know where the others are
-replicants are bloodlusted
-they have plenty of time to live (incase anyone actually brings that up)
-batman is not allowed to use his belt offensively, but can use it to enhance mobility, senses, etc
-batman is allowed to use objects in the building as weapons however

i think this is a good fight because the replicants are all military and special ops models with superhuman strength, agility, and durability.

batman's morality is on but feel free to debate if he will be ok retiring replicants as he will be informed beforehand what they are

------------------

anyone got a good matchup for these two?

Virgil Cole and Everett Hitch from Appaloosa vs ?

amnesia
She? I meant Full Metal Alchemist Wrath big grin

EDIT. I was thinking about envy

Lord Feron
Batman, Dare Devil, Winter Soldier, Shang Chi (no gear) V.S. TMNT

Colossus V.S. Dino Bots

Bentley
Again, the TMNT ARE comic characters, they shouldn't be in Cross Genre threads.

xmarksthespot
EDIT. I was thinking about envy Envy is also male...

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Nuul
Sherlock Holmes vs Joker

Can Homes and Watson figure it out in time before Joker kills someone.

illadelph12
Hulk Vs. Cloverfield, Godzilla, Rodan, Gamera, Mothra, and King Ghidorah

Lord Feron
Again, the TMNT ARE comic characters, they shouldn't be in Cross Genre threads.

whoops

Kal-El Summers
OP's could take superman down. Blackbeards power is after all "infinite gravity"
Blackbeard's DF power makes him more vulnerable to damage. Not that it would matter since Superman would easily rip him apart regardless.

amnesia
Originally posted by Kal-El Summers
Blackbeard's DF power makes him more vulnerable to damage. Not that it would matter since Superman would easily rip him apart regardless.

Yeah, I'm in no mood to discuss superfag. I hate DC.

Omega Vision
Hulk Vs. Cloverfield, Godzilla, Rodan, Gamera, Mothra, and King Ghidorah
King Ghidora solos. sneer

The Nuul
TMNT started off as a movie just like Robocop and since Robo threads get locked TMNT should also. They count in this thread.

amnesia
Godzilla solos. sneer

The king would die.

Bentley
TMNT started off as a movie just like Robocop and since Robo threads get locked TMNT should also. They count in this thread.

You kidding right? wink

Lord_Talron
Envy is also male... lust is the female and sloth

The Nuul
You kidding right? wink

Bada told me the Robo threads has to be voted for even though its his comic version because he originated from the movies. Same goes for TMNT.

Bentley
Bada told me the Robo threads has to be voted for even though its his comic version because he originated from the movies. Same goes for TMNT.

Except TMNT originate in a comic huh

Lord_Talron
Wrath vs Blade? Wrath vs Daredevil? wrath is wayyyy to much for either of these guys. not only does he have super human attributes and an insane healing factor, he can absorb any material into his body and does not have the remains weakness of the other homunculi.

Bentley
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
wrath is wayyyy to much for either of these guys. not only does he have super human attributes and an insane healing factor, he can absorb any material into his body and does not have the remains weakness of the other homunculi.

I mean manga Wrath.

The Nuul
Except TMNT originate in a comic huh

Damn French people!

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles originated in an American comic book published by Mirage Studios in 1984"

durbeware

Lord_Talron
I mean manga Wrath. so basically pride from the anime then? hmm. might be a good fight, they'd have to k-o him as they arent gonna kill him thats for sure

Lord_Talron
does his eye work on anything or just predicting alchemy?

Bentley
does his eye work on anything or just predicting alchemy?

Anything, he fought Scar and Greed h2h.

Lord_Talron
hed probably rape.

Bentley
One could argue how strong and fast are melee fighters at FMA, we could pit him against someone higher such as Midnighter or Elektra.

marwash22
T-X & T-1000, from the "Terminator" franchise vs. Metallo

-fight takes place in a junk yard.
-no technopathy
-no CIS/BFR

Bro SMASH
Ryo Sanada vs. Silver Samurai.

Lord_Talron
One could argue how strong and fast are melee fighters at FMA, we could pit him against someone higher such as Midnighter or Elektra. probably better, especially considering how incredibly hard homunculi are to put down

King Kandy
Kenshiro (Hokuto No Ken) vs. Iron Fist.

amnesia
Originally posted by King Kandy
Kenshiro (Hokuto No Ken) vs. Iron Fist.

Iron fist would get stomped. Ken is at least mid meta.

psycho gundam
Hulk Vs. Cloverfield, Godzilla, Rodan, Gamera, Mothra, and King Ghidorah nod

Lord_Talron
cloverfield doesnt really have feats besides dying to a nuke right?

psycho gundam
hulk can use him as a meat shield between him and gojira

illadelph12
Yeah, it's just a giant bug monster baby that wrecked a city and was pretty much impervious to anything sub a nuke. Plus those spider things it had falling off of it that caused people to blow up.

psycho gundam
supposedly the backstory of the attack was that some japanese corporation was using it to make slushies no expression

Omega Vision
cloverfield doesnt really have feats besides dying to a nuke right? Originally posted by illadelph12
Yeah, it's just a giant bug monster baby that wrecked a city and was pretty much impervious to anything sub a nuke. Plus those spider things it had falling off of it that caused people to blow up.
I don't think it was a nuke. I think it was a MOAB, a conventional explosive powerful enough to make a mushroom cloud but still nothing compared to a real nuke. I could be wrong though, it might have been a small nuke.

illadelph12
Either way, Cloverfield has some solid ground war back up in Ghidorah, Godzilla, and Gamera.

Bentley
I don't think it was a nuke. I think it was a MOAB, a conventional explosive powerful enough to make a mushroom cloud but still nothing compared to a real nuke. I could be wrong though, it might have been a small nuke.

MOAB is as powerful as a small nuke.

psycho gundam
could have been a MOAB, there are various war conventions that prevent the use of nukes, especially in populated cities.

the nuke would make the city inhospitable for years, kinda overshadows the monster's rampage

Lord_Talron
i remember them saying they were going to nuke tho. not too sure tho, that movie was terrible imo

Bentley
Wrath (FMA) vs X-23

Any nods?

amnesia
As in King Bradley? I though he was pride.

Bentley
I was taking the manga as canon, homunculi are different in the anime.

amnesia
Haven't read the manga.

Bentley
Haven't read the manga.

You should, it's quite superior. If you're too lazy to read there is a new animation closely based on it, it's called FMA brotherhood which is quite condensed and shorter.

amnesia
You should, it's quite superior. If you're too lazy to read there is a new animation closely based on it, it's called FMA brotherhood which is quite condensed and shorter.

Seen it. Or rather the beginning.

And I'm not to lazy to readsneer it's just that I'm busy reading OP.

Bentley
Well, read it later, OP rocks.

marwash22
supposedly the backstory of the attack was that some japanese corporation was using it to make slushies no expression is that a futurama reference, or did that really happen in the movie?

I've never seen Cloverfield... looks like shit.

MooCowofJustice
Just watched at least half of it on FX. It does suck.

psycho gundam
is that a futurama reference, or did that really happen in the movie?
nah, it just backstory, but like the star wars prequels, it's best to be skipped/forgotten about

King Kandy
Iron fist would get stomped. Ken is at least mid meta.
What if it was Ken from the beginning of the series?

psycho gundam
how bout gluttony from conqueror of shambala ?

xmarksthespot
I was taking the manga as canon, homunculi are different in the anime. Manga is canon, and the 2009 series is basically canon.

The older series is basically the equivalent of an elseworlds I guess.

I've been trying to think of a Pride thread. Or a thread with all the Homunculi in it vs a team.

Omega Vision
MOAB is as powerful as a small nuke.
It's as powerful as the smallest, weakest nuke ever made. Even Hiroshima makes MOAB look like a hand grenade by comparison. And there are nukes that make Hiroshima look like a fizzle.

psycho gundam
the "ivy mike" device was a hundred (at least) times more powerful than "littleboy", but then "tsar bomba" was 5 times the power of "mike", and the tsar was scaled to half power cause the russians didn't want to show off that hard

Bentley
It's as powerful as the smallest, weakest nuke ever made. Even Hiroshima makes MOAB look like a hand grenade by comparison. And there are nukes that make Hiroshima look like a fizzle.

They fill the same tactical role than small nukes.

the "ivy mike" device was a hundred (at least) times more powerful than "littleboy", but then "tsar bomba" was 5 times the power of "mike", and the tsar was scaled to half power cause the russians didn't want to show off that hard

There is also FOAB.

psycho gundam
the tsar had a yield of 50,000,000 mt, but stuff like the moab/foab (and tactical nukes) are better since they can actually be used in combat.

no need to say blow up all five burroughs of new york plus a good part of the surrounding state when you just want to take out metropolitan long island.

cdtm
Finn and Jake vs Squirrel Girl and Rocket Raccoon.

Invader Zim and Gir vs Giffen era Blue and Gold, with PIS set to a combination of Zims universe and Giffen stuff. (So everyone thinks Zims just a student, and Gold and Booster are in their "wacky hijinks" phase.)

Omega Vision
the tsar had a yield of 50,000,000 mt, but stuff like the moab/foab (and tactical nukes) are better since they can actually be used in combat.

no need to say blow up all five burroughs of new york plus a good part of the surrounding state when you just want to take out metropolitan long island.
More like 50 mt. 50,000,000 mt would probably crack the planet's crust if it were tested.

cdtm
Manga is canon, and the 2009 series is basically canon.

The older series is basically the equivalent of an elseworlds I guess.

I've been trying to think of a Pride thread. Or a thread with all the Homunculi in it vs a team.

Not pride, but Anderson Silva would probably kick Batmans arse in stand up.

Knocking out Forrest while walking backwards was almost PIS worthy. stick out tongue

byrdgang21
Captain America (Steve) vs. Universal Soldiers (Van Dam & Lundgren)

Black bolt z
I forget but was the consensus last time that raiden vs. superman was a good or bad idea?

cdtm
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I forget but was the consensus last time that raiden vs. superman was a good or bad idea?

Bad idea.

marwash22
Originally posted by cdtm
extremely Bad idea. fixed.Originally posted by byrdgang21
Captain America (Steve) vs. Universal Soldiers (Van Dam & Lundgren) this sound interesting but i haven't seen one of those Universal Soldier movies in quite a long time. How strong and durable are they?

psycho gundam
More like 50 mt. 50,000,000 mt would probably crack the planet's crust if it were tested. like a hulk step?

illadelph12
Ronin Warriors Vs. Fantastic Four

(again)

*edit

And I still want the Ironman/War Machine Vs. Gundam Wing Zero One/Heavy Arms match to go down. We need a Gundam thread.

Blair Wind
^I want to see a Ronin Warriors match, but I'm not sure the FF is a good match for them.

I nod the Gundam thread

Matches with number of Nods in bold

Machamp vs Colossus (2)
Infernape vs Batman
Tomba vs Moon Knight or Batman/some other High streeter
Viewtiful Joe vs Green Arrow and Hawkeye
Superman Vs. The USS Enterprise NC1701A (Kirk in command), USS Enterprise NC1701-E (Picard in Command), and USS Defiant NX74205 (Sisko in Command). The ships get an hour of prep.
Xena, the Warrior Princess, and her "sidekick" vs Batman and his "ward."
Snake, Raiden, Vamp (MGS) vs. Punisher, Blade, Deadpool
Ben 10 vs. Super Skrull
Mega Man vs. Cyborg
Shikamaru vs Robin (Tim Drake) in Gotham (4)
Sherlock Holmes vs Joker
Batman vs Nexus 6 replicants (Roy, Pris, Leon, and Zhora) from Blade Runner
Colossus V.S. Dino Bots
Hulk Vs. Cloverfield, Godzilla, Rodan, Gamera, Mothra, and King Ghidorah (1)
T-X & T-1000, from the "Terminator" franchise vs. Metallo
Ryo Sanada vs. Silver Samurai
Kenshiro (Hokuto No Ken) vs. Iron Fist
Wrath (FMA) vs X-23
Finn and Jake vs Squirrel Girl and Rocket Raccoon
Invader Zim and Gir vs Giffen era Blue and Gold
Ronin Warriors vs Fantastic Four
Gundam Wing Zero & Heavyarms vs Iron Man & Warmachine (1)

Etna
I nod ALLL of them!!

kidding. But i do nod the fantastic four vs ronin warriors and the megaman vs cyborg

amnesia
Originally posted by cdtm
Finn and Jake vs Squirrel Girl and Rocket Raccoon.

Invader Zim and Gir vs Giffen era Blue and Gold, with PIS set to a combination of Zims universe and Giffen stuff. (So everyone thinks Zims just a student, and Gold and Booster are in their "wacky hijinks" phase.)

NOD

marwash22
Yusuke Urameshi (circa, end of the Dark Tourney), from "Yu Yu Hakusho" vs. every street leveler in Marvel and DC... kidding.

Seriously though, someone pick a match for Yusuke.

Galvaclaw
How about Invincible?

Etna
Yusuke vs......green lantern? Colossus? stick out tongue I don't really know

Lord_Talron
king arthur vs silver samurai anyone?

The Nuul
Sherlock Holmes vs Joker
Colossus V.S. Dino Bots

I nod anyone of these.

illadelph12
How about Kamui, Fuma, and the The Dragons of Heaven and Earth (from the anime film/series "X"wink

Vs.

The X-Men (Cyclops, Wolverine, Colossus, Namor, Warpath, Storm, X-23, Wolfsbane, Armor, Beast, Archangel, Polaris)

The Scenario
I'll nod Megaman vs Cyborg.

carver9
Originally posted by Etna
Yusuke vs......green lantern? Colossus? stick out tongue I don't really know

I'll nod this... Happy Dance

YuYu vs Green Lantern.

illadelph12
Which lantern matters a lot.

illadelph12
Oh, and I think Samus Vs. Ironman (hacking the others armor banned) would still be a good fight, so I nominate that also.

carver9
Which lantern matters a lot.

I disagree unless you are using someone like ION. I think YuYu would give someone like Hal or Kyle trouble... A LOT OF TROUBLE.

Bentley
Originally posted by The Scenario
I'll nod Megaman vs Cyborg.

Nod.

byrdgang21
fixed. this sound interesting but i haven't seen one of those Universal Soldier movies in quite a long time. How strong and durable are they?

I just watched the newest one the other night. They were easily able to tank bullets and take out military squadrons. They were also pretty fast and had good hand to hand combat abilities. I think with their damage soak, durability, stamina and h2h skills would make heckuva fight for Cap.

the ninjak
Hitman Agent 47 (videogame)

vs

Bucky Cap.

Daytime Airport crowded.

Black bolt z
Death vs. that abstract level pokemon?

MooCowofJustice
If it's Marvel's Death, doesn't she like, trascend time and space or not?

That's pretty much all that determines the fight. Abstract level fights won't be very interesting. If she's vulnerable to time and space, a loss, if not, a win. Death would be immortal, correct?

The Scenario
Oh, and I think Samus Vs. Ironman (hacking the others armor banned) would still be a good fight, so I nominate that also.

Will also nod this.

Omega Vision
I think we should avoid any and all abstract level matchups personally.

Kal-El Summers
Originally posted by carver9
I disagree unless you are using someone like ION. I think YuYu would give someone like Hal or Kyle trouble... A LOT OF TROUBLE.
laughing

xmarksthespot
Could someone elaborate on who this YuYu is and why anyone would put him up against a high herald.

Kal-El Summers
YuYu Hakusho is a manga and it's best feats probably top out at the hypersonic-speed, mountain-busting range. Which is pretty laughable compared to a GL.

StyleTime
Could someone elaborate on who this YuYu is and why anyone would put him up against a high herald.
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8022/yuyu150.jpg

That is Yuyu.

marwash22
Could someone elaborate on who this YuYu is and why anyone would put him up against a high herald. Yusuke Urameshi... only the single greatest anime character EVAAAAAAAR!!!! 131fist

He's pretty damn powerful come EoS, but honestly he has no business in a match against a GL; it's not that he couldn't take one, it's just that Yu Yu characters at EoS are in the same boat as DBZ character's... it's hard to quantify their power. There's also that fact that GL's can fly and yusuke can't erm.

Yusuke is well above 100 Class in strength, his speed is hard to gauge, though, he did move fast enough that he appeared to teleport and that was around mid-series.

Yusuke is my dude, but whenever i suggest him, i always make it him at the end of the Dark Tournament or Chapter Black 'cause after that, you can't properly explain how powerful he is using feats.

StyleTime
OK guys, I'm like 95% sure xmarksthespot was mocking the fact that carver9 called him "YuYu". I'm pretty sure he knows who Yusuke is.

Dum Dum Dugan
I wonder how some people would fair against kuwabara once he master the demension sword. I wonder were he even be placed in the tier system.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by StyleTime
OK guys, I'm like 95% sure xmarksthespot was mocking the fact that carver9 called him "YuYu". I'm pretty sure he knows who Yusuke is. I've clearly developed an image of being all-knowing that I shall have to continue to foster... hmm

But actually while I was aware of the character and series, I've never actually watched it so I didn't know why exactly he'd be thrown against a GL, so thanks to those above for the elaboration.

MooCowofJustice
Dragonball Master Roshi vs Iron Man

Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal) vs The Joker

This may have been suggested before. Probably was.

Both are insane clowns. Both are pretty vicious murderers.

For the fight, I don't really know what to do. I think Sweet Tooth has a gang of clowns of his own, and I know Joker usually has lackeys. So we could just even them out at like 10 minions and themselves, or a simple one on one fight.

http://twistedmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Sweet_Tooth

Black bolt z
Dragonball Master Roshi vs Iron Man

Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal) vs The Joker

This may have been suggested before. Probably was.

Both are insane clowns. Both are pretty vicious murderers.

For the fight, I don't really know what to do. I think Sweet Tooth has a gang of clowns of his own, and I know Joker usually has lackeys. So we could just even them out at like 10 minions and themselves, or a simple one on one fight.

http://twistedmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Sweet_Tooth Iron man stomps roshi...

MooCowofJustice
I expected the overrating of the moon busting.

Black bolt z
I expected the overrating of the moon busting. Only carver actually accepts that.Either that is roshis absolute highest feat or like I have said before DBZ moons have extremely low durability.

the ninjak
DBZ moons are 20 miles away and made of chalk.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by the ninjak
DBZ moons are 20 miles away and made of chalk. This is probably accurate.Considering their blasts can't travel 100 ft in 5 secs on earth but make it to the moon in 3 seconds.

And if roshi destroyed it...what did piccolo destroy in DBZ?

Omega Vision
I want to say that at one point someone wished the moon back. But I'm not sure.

Also Fridge Logic: Roshi murdered Boss Carrot and his goons after Goku showed them mercy and took them to the moon.

Black bolt z

Also Fridge Logic: Roshi murdered Boss Carrot and his goons after Goku showed them mercy and took them to the moon. So he killed them while they were on the moon and he was on earth?

Omega Vision
So he killed them while they were on the moon and he was on earth?
Yes. I'm guessing Akira Toriyama forgot about them. Sorta like what happened to Triumph when the JLA HQ was blown up with his living statue inside.

Lord_Talron
ok, now that more people have hopefully seen it, ill nominate it:

Machete from Machete vs Punisher

both have standard equipment

fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse

i think this is a good matchup because machete has great damage soak and killing skill

psycho gundam
ok, now that more people have hopefully seen it, ill nominate it:

Machete from Machete vs Punisher

both have standard equipment

fight takes place in an abandoned warehouse

i think this is a good matchup because machete has great damage soak and killing skill haven't seen it, but i'm betting any feat danny trejo has, punisher has something just like it...only better

Bentley

Also Fridge Logic: Roshi murdered Boss Carrot and his goons after Goku showed them mercy and took them to the moon.

Kamisama remade the moon.

xmarksthespot
Kim Possible vs... I dunno... Catwoman?

Lord_Talron
haven't seen it, but i'm betting any feat danny trejo has, punisher has something just like it...only better laughing

cdtm
Only carver actually accepts that.Either that is roshis absolute highest feat or like I have said before DBZ moons have extremely low durability.

Or Roshi could simply be that powerful.

This is probably accurate.Considering their blasts can't travel 100 ft in 5 secs on earth but make it to the moon in 3 seconds.

And if roshi destroyed it...what did piccolo destroy in DBZ?

Where does the "100 feet in 5 seconds" come from?

And Piccolo did destroy the moon too, but I think that might be filler.

Pretty much every arc in Z that involved Earth had an "Oh no, he'll wipe out the planet" moment though, starting with Vegeta, and we know Piccolo surpasses the level 'Geta had at the time, not to mention Freeza's.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>