Hulk vs Starfire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
ko, kill... you all know the rules.. Lets get it on!!

Stoic
Starfire of the Titans?

Prep-Man
You don't like Starfire, do you?

King Castle
starfire from what i understand has bn retconed with high end 100+ tonner

she has flight maneuverability and energy blast.

Prep-Man
Lame. SF wouldn't last 3 seconds agasint the Hulk. Anyone knows that.

King Castle
she took on Wonderwoman and fought brainiac 8 overpowering her and ripping her arm...

Prep-Man
Hulk took on Marvel earth. CLOSE THREAD.

Q99
Originally posted by King Castle
starfire from what i understand has bn retconed with high end 100+ tonner

she has flight maneuverability and energy blast.

No, she's still a fairly low-end 100 tonner.

She temporarily held off WW, and blasted B8's hand off with an energy blast and took her to the ground, at which point Brainiac 8 regrew her hand and started strangling her with one arm. Better than any other Outsider or Titan did against B8 by a lot, but still outpowered.

Starfire's weaker than post-resurrection Donna.

Omega Vision
I don't think Starfire has ever really been defined by her strength. Until recently it was pretty vaguely defined, at one point even said to be "the strength of eight men" which is barely above Peak Human.

If Kori sticks to flying around and blasting him from distance then the Hulk's only shot will be a thunderclap. Otherwise he just does this:
durhulk while Kori blasts him.

Q99
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I don't think Starfire has ever really been defined by her strength. Until recently it was pretty vaguely defined, at one point even said to be "the strength of eight men" which is barely above Peak Human.

I'd say the most useful comparison is how well she does against Donna Troy, since they match up on multiple occasions throughout their history and Donna's strength is more established. Kory's pretty close to pre-res Donna in strength, but weaker than post.

SamZED
Starfire should win. Via BFR. Or continued energy basts. But in a comic book Hulk would win.

BruceSkywalker
Hulk takes puny humans blasts then hulk smash hulk smash

King Castle
curiosity question:

would starfire even engage hulk w/public knowledge?

how strong is her blast.. i think she fly way above hulk.

Omega Vision
curiosity question:

would starfire even engage hulk w/public knowledge?

how strong is her blast.. i think she fly way above hulk.
Her blasts aren't particularly strong, Superman pretty much ignored a sucker punch blast to his chest. But if she spams them she can do some serious damage.

King Castle
its solar based i would reason supes would just absorb it anyways..

are you comparing supes durability to hulk?

Omega Vision
its solar based i would reason supes would just absorb it anyways..

are you comparing supes durability to hulk?
It's solar based but not actually solar energy AFAIK.

No, but I am comparing the star bolt unfavorably to the likes of heat vision which almost always does more damage to Superman.

Stoic
The Hulk would lay her out.

Q99
Her blasts aren't particularly strong, Superman pretty much ignored a sucker punch blast to his chest. But if she spams them she can do some serious damage.

Unless she does a nova blast like when she took out Brainiac's ship, but that pretty much drains her.

Konton
It's solar based but not actually solar energy AFAIK.

No, but I am comparing the star bolt unfavorably to the likes of heat vision which almost always does more damage to Superman.

She stores and exerts solar energy. That's always been the basic premis of her power.

I'd like to see some evidence supporting your "she's weaker than Donna" claim, Q99. Starfire was stronger than pre-res Donna and from what I've seen in her short time during the JLA, Donna wasn't capable of restraining her without the help of Mon-El.

As for this fight, Starfire has flight and energy advantages. She one-shotted Indigo's ship and still had enough energy to push a physical confrontation and flight. She's used her solar energy to create a battering ram that smashed through a cruise ship like it was made of paper. She's also straight up drained energy from Kryptonians to depower them and has absorbed massive radiation in the past. She's also taken direct hits from Wonder Woman, Superman, the Astro Force, and other heavy hitters.

Kory for the majority.

Q99
Didn't they clash during the Return of Donna Troy? It's been awhile since I've read it but iirc it established Donna as the stronger now.

Konton
I don't recall. I'll look into that tonight.

Stoic
Originally posted by Q99
Unless she does a nova blast like when she took out Brainiac's ship, but that pretty much drains her.

The Human Torch and Storm hit the Hulk with a Nova blast, and a chain lightening bomb, and it did nothing to him.

Originally posted by Konton
She stores and exerts solar energy. That's always been the basic premis of her power.

I'd like to see some evidence supporting your "she's weaker than Donna" claim, Q99. Starfire was stronger than pre-res Donna and from what I've seen in her short time during the JLA, Donna wasn't capable of restraining her without the help of Mon-El.

As for this fight, Starfire has flight and energy advantages. She one-shotted Indigo's ship and still had enough energy to push a physical confrontation and flight. She's used her solar energy to create a battering ram that smashed through a cruise ship like it was made of paper. She's also straight up drained energy from Kryptonians to depower them and has absorbed massive radiation in the past. She's also taken direct hits from Wonder Woman, Superman, the Astro Force, and other heavy hitters.

Kory for the majority.

In the Superman/Batman arc Superman easily dispatched Starfire did he not? Black Bolts skrull doppleganger, blasted the Hulk with enough force to tear billions of tons off of the moon and it only took the Hulk seconds to get back up from the blast. I'm pretty sure that, that blast trumps destroying a star cruiser.

Also just because she's taken hits from Superman, Wonder Woman and some other heavy hitter doesn't mean that they weren't holding back. Superman always holds back.

Q99
Originally posted by Stoic
The Human Torch and Storm hit the Hulk with a Nova blast, and a chain lightening bomb, and it did nothing to him.

I'm not really sure how theirs compares. Starfire's is basically just an uber-starbolt.

Stoic
Originally posted by Q99
I'm not really sure how theirs compares. Starfire's is basically just an uber-starbolt.

Uber or not Black Bolts Skrull doppelganger , trumps her damage yield, and the Hulk took it just fine.

What happens if the Hulk decides to take it up a level, and catches her in flight, he would bring her down and end the fiasco in moments.

He heals rapidly she doesn't.

AsbestosFlaygon
Do you hate Starfire?

Hulk curbstomps. Literally.

amnesia
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Lame. SF wouldn't last 3 seconds agasint the Hulk. Anyone knows that.

WTH am i reading? Did someone hack your account?

Anyway. SF FTW

Prep-Man
Originally posted by amnesia

Anyway. SF FTW

She's prettier than the Hulk. That's it. cool

I'm a Hulk fanboy, BTW.

AsbestosFlaygon
Starfire has the advantage of speed and flight.

But she doesn't have enough strength to KO Hulk.

She better not make a single mistake, 'cause Hulk can kill her with one move. Considering the fact that he's stronger than WWH-level now.

amnesia
Originally posted by Prep-Man

I'm a Hulk fanboy, BTW.

BRB. Gonna bump Hulk vs Orionsneer

Stoic
Originally posted by amnesia

Anyway. SF FTW

That's a funny one.

SamZED
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Starfire has the advantage of speed and flight.

But she doesn't have enough strength to KO Hulk.

She better not make a single mistake, 'cause Hulk can kill her with one move. Considering the fact that he's stronger than WWH-level now. Hulk is not oneshotting Starfire.

Stoic
Originally posted by SamZED
Hulk is not oneshotting Starfire.

Why not? Are you saying that because Superman and Wonder Woman held back in a fight against her?

She's in the minor leagues, and if she fought the Hulk she'd be reaching.

SamZED
Why not? Are you saying that because Superman and Wonder Woman held back in a fight against her?

She's in the minor leagues, and if she fought the Hulk she'd be reaching. There was this deamon (Trigon's son) that could turn into any hero/villain with all his/her abilities. He turned into WW and Starfire took an all out punch from her without much trouble. Even if current Hulk punches harder than WW it's still take more than one imo.

Stoic
There was this deamon (Trigon's son) that could turn into any hero/villain with all his/her abilities. He turned into WW and Starfire took an all out punch from her without much trouble. Even if current Hulk punches harder than WW it's still take more than one imo.

So would you say that Starfire could beat an un-possessed Wonder Woman? You realize that the Hulk can take a lot of punishment right?

Uber or not Black Bolts Skrull doppelganger , trumps her damage yield, and the Hulk took it just fine.

What happens if the Hulk decides to take it up a level, and catches her in flight, he would bring her down and end the fiasco in moments.

He heals rapidly she doesn't.

SamZED
So would you say that Starfire could beat an un-possessed Wonder Woman? You realize that the Hulk can take a lot of punishment right? Ofcourse not, all im saying she can TAKE a few punches from a non-holding back WW. I just doubt Hulk could take her with a move.

Q99

World War Hulk did, this is standard Hulk.

Stoic
Ofcourse not, all im saying she can TAKE a few punches from a non-holding back WW. I just doubt Hulk could take her with a move.

Not too sure about that. Until I see the current Hulks low showings, he could imo. She has more lows than high ones, so in my book she barely keeps up with classic Rogue on average.

Big leap from that to being a challenge to the Hulk.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Q99
World War Hulk did, this is standard Hulk.
Hulk is stronger than WWH now.

Konton
Not too sure about that. Until I see the current Hulks low showings, he could imo. She has more lows than high ones, so in my book she barely keeps up with classic Rogue on average.

Big leap from that to being a challenge to the Hulk.

Starfire would make short work of classic Rogue, and furthermore Ms. Marvel.

She was MORE than confident she could take on Superboy and Ares powered Wonder Girl at the same time and has oneshotted them both on separate occasions. These are two characters with base strength surpassing Rogue's.

I doubt Rogue would be able to handle a single blitz from something like this:
http://i43.tinypic.com/mj2z2d.jpg

SamZED
Starfire would make short work of classic Rogue, and furthermore Ms. Marvel.

She was MORE than confident she could take on Superboy and Ares powered Wonder Girl at the same time and has oneshotted them both on separate occasions. These are two characters with base strength surpassing Rogue's.

I doubt Rogue would be able to handle a single blitz from something like this:
http://i43.tinypic.com/mj2z2d.jpg Great feat. thumb up

Stoic

Kory for the majority.

A cruise ship? Big deal. Compare that to being able to tank a blast capable of tearing billions of tons of rock from the moon without being harmed... Now that's a feat, and the Hulk may be more powerful than that currently. Just accept the fact that the Hulk would tear her limb from limb if he got serious on her, they are not in the same class, you need to deal with that, she would never be able to physically contain a planets explosion due to sheer strength. The Hulk over powered the explosion, what's there to get? I'm not trying to be lippy, or make it seem that I'm even steamed about this topic, I'm just telling you that her star bolts aren't going to put him down.

Storm and the Human torch combined blasts and it did nothing, are you saying that she can do better by herself? Carol also has huge feats, she smacked the crap out of Sentry once, and nearly one-shotted the Grey Hulk. Let's stick to averages. Starfires average showings aren't that big, yet you completely ignore those ones and supplant them with her major ones.

Yes she can fly but as you've seen, so can Sentry, Ironman, Gladiator... etc the list goes on. Here's a fun-fact, the Hulk can leap to the point of flight, which means that he could catch her in mid air, bring her down and KO her before they reach the ground. This is of course if you believe that since she can turn a cruise ship to paper that it means that she can tank a planet busting punch. See what I did there?

You should allow this thread to sink into obscurity.

AsbestosFlaygon

You should allow this thread to sink into obscurity.
thumb up

That 'cruise ship' feat is pathetic, compared to the high-end feats of Hulk.

/thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.