Priest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Trailer-

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=video&show_id=411770

shame they had to complety changed the plot of the manga for the movie....

Robtard
Is Bettany now the lame-action-movie guy? Because I doubt t his will be much better than Legion; that sucked ass.

Shame really, he's a decent actor when given a proper role.

Rogue Jedi
Coming May 13 from Screen Gems - Priest is set in a world ravaged by centuries of war between man and vampires. Paul Bettany is Priest, a legendary warrior priest during the last Vampire War, who now lives in obscurity among the other human inhabitants in walled-in dystopian cities controlled by the Church. But when his 18-year-old niece is abducted by a murderous pack of vampires in the desolate wastelands outside, Priest breaks his sacred vows and ventures out to find her and seek vengeance upon those responsible, especially their brutal leader (Karl Urban). Priest is joined on his crusade by his niece's boyfriend, Hicks (Cam Gigandet), a local outpost sheriff, and Priestess (Maggie Q), a member of his former legion of vampire-killers who has otherworldly fighting skills.

t-2VjEjroYU

BruceSkywalker
i will go see this

Rogue Jedi
Me too.

Kazenji
Clearly you did'nt look Rogue Jedi.......

Scythe
Ugh, greatly dislike vampire films. I'm more of a zombie-film watcher.

Kazenji
As i said in the other thread i made for this movie.....shame they had to complety changed the plot of the manga for the movie.

jaden101
I laughed extremely loudly at the "ninja star" crucifixes.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kazenji
Clearly you did'nt look Rogue Jedi....... Guilty, apologies to all embarrasment

Impediment
This looks like one of those guilty pleasure films.

Nothing memorable, but some fun fights and actions.

I'll probably just wait for DVD, like I did with Legion.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jaden101
I laughed extremely loudly at the "ninja star" crucifixes. Yeah, I kinda cringed at that.

Kazenji
So another 'Wanted' treatment done.....

why hollywood.....

RE: Blaxican
lol, This looks corny as ****. Will go see it.

Also looks boring, tbh. Generally, they try to take the scenes that they think will "grab you" the most and put them into the trailers. The fight scenes in the trailer looked... overdone. Too CGI'd, too much slow-mo, too much camera angle swaps, etc. That's something that I'm beggining to become more and more critical of as I watch action movies.

-Pr-
Looks like fun.

I always laugh when they use the words "graphic novel" like it's some sort of different media than comic books.

ares834
Looks somewhat cool, better than Legion in anycase. I'll probably see it.

fanhost
I am eagerly waiting for this movie. It seems to be amazing movie..

Rogue Jedi
Vampire killing? Maggie Q? I'm in.

Kazenji
I'll give it a pass this movie and go look for the manga.

Kaibs
I just saw the trailer for it today. It looks kinda horrible, but I'm a bit interested at teh same time.

jinXed by JaNx
looks decent and i always liked bettany

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
Is Bettany now the lame-action-movie guy?

that's already being filled by, Jason Stathom

Rogue Jedi
Bettany wouldn't make a hair on Statham's ass.

jolly
i haven't watched this movie yet but thanx for discussing now i try to watch.

0mega Spawn
gmlo6MyhDXw

does anyone else not like the vampire design?

Rogue Jedi
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=538413&highlight=Priest+forumid%3A2

dadudemon
I am looking forward to this film. it's one of my "top" films for this year.

Kazenji
I know i've said it in the other thread

but shame that they changed alot of it from the manga to just vampires for the movie.

0mega Spawn
the vampire design looks awfully familiar cant put my hand on what though...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon

dadudemon
I need to clear something up: Suckerpunch was one of my top films for this year and we saw how disappointing that was. sad

SnakeEyes
Looks dumb.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Looks dumb.

maybe you just have to be a fan of the manga

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
maybe you just have to be a fan of the manga

Which happend to have Angels and Demons involved not vamps.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
the vampire design looks awfully familiar cant put my hand on what though...

Resident Evil creatures? No facial features, just a mouth...

Priest looks ok. There isn't enough fantasy/demon/sci fi movies out there...I'll take & enjoy what I can.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon

You're going to have a very disappointing year, this will suck.

Rogue Jedi
You're going to have a very disappointing year, this will suck. Wish list.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Wish list.

Yes, am aware you've already got your ******* lubed for a bald and cross-sporting Bettany. I'll send once I see it available.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, am aware you've already got your ******* lubed for a bald and cross-sporting Bettany. I'll send once I see it available. No, dude, this:

4-KIdOB_2ZE

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
No, dude, this:

You lubed your ass for hot Asian-girl? Don't know, dude. Can't say that's homosexual, but it's definitely ghey.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Resident Evil creatures? No facial features, just a mouth... yeah thats it that mutant rabbit... thnx i would've never remembered on my own lol

Rogue Jedi
You lubed your ass for hot Asian-girl? Don't know, dude. Can't say that's homosexual, but it's definitely ghey. Sounds like YOUR wish list.

Rogue Jedi
What a piece of shit.

jinXed by JaNx
movie is garbage

RE: Blaxican
If RJ didn't like it then that means it is either an incredibly cerebral and well written movie, or it's so shit-tastic that even someone who likes mindless shitty action movies wouldn't like it. I'm assuming it's the latter.

Rogue Jedi
Latter. It could have been great though.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
does anyone else not like the vampire design?

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Resident Evil creatures? No facial features, just a mouth...

Priest looks ok. There isn't enough fantasy/demon/sci fi movies out there...I'll take & enjoy what I can.

I concur. The designs for the film ARE pretty badass. It's definitely a guilty pleasure. Depsite its flaws, it's actually pretty slick in style. I enjoyed this movie for its over-the-top nature and the fact that it's PRIESTS KILLING VAMPIRES! Hahahaha... But yeah, it's bad. It does make me upset that such a great premise can't get an A+ treatment. Like Wolfgang Petersen or somebody, ha..

I look forward to the Unrated blu-ray, regardless.

Patient_Leech
Can anybody find some info on how much extra footage is going to the added in for the unrated version? I'm not having much luck..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.