Avatar Goes past $2billion mark !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
It might make $3B

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=avatar.htm

$2,761,226,877 eek!

dadudemon
Sure, if they do second and third releases like they did with Titanic.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by dadudemon
Sure, if they do second and third releases like they did with Titanic. They've done a second release.

dadudemon

§P0oONY
I have no idea what Ulquiorra Cifer style is....

It's a 9-min extended theatrical release. I figured it was global... I can't imagine it would just be the UK. They advertised it on TV and everything.

Robtard
Large singleplex by my house (one Lucas likes to release his films in) is playing the extended Avatar in 3-D.

I'm not paying another $13.50 to see an extra 9min, **** that.

MildPossession
Oh another one that's not so impressive since it got a shameless 3D re release just for an extra 8 or so minutes of nothing of importance going by all the reviews I've read on the extended version.

dadudemon

RE: Blaxican
Where?

Ulquiorra Cifer style? awesome You're fired.

King Kandy

Bardock42
I could imagine something that perhaps even DDM could have explained. Or, if pressed, Google may have found an answer.

King Kandy
I imagine that as well. Making it even more nonsensical.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by King Kandy
It's a stupid joke (and why DDD felt the need to PM me to explain it, I don't know, since I don't even post in the movie forum).

There's an anime called "Bleach" where the villains can change forms by "releasing". However, one of them named Ulquiorra is notable for being the only one who could do a second release.

Yeah. Bad joke is bad. Oh... right....

I'm sure the joke would be good if you know... people watched Bleach.

Kaibs
Couldn't you consider Yammy to have a second release too? Not that it matters.

And I never liked Avatar. I thought seeing it once was enough for me to contribute to whatever the hell it's going to end up making.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Kaibs
Couldn't you consider Yammy to have a second release too? Not that it matters.

And I never liked Avatar. I thought seeing it once was enough for me to contribute to whatever the hell it's going to end up making. It's not that bad... I don't get why people hate something simply because it's popular. The film was entertaining. Granted as far as plot and character development, it was nothing special...

Impediment
The film was great, I have to admit.

My opinion, however, is that jacking up the prices for 3D and the, sequentially, re-release of said film is nothing more than a ploy to gain more box office bucks.

It surpassed $2,000,000,000? I'm not shocked in the least.

It certainly isn't for it's merit as a stand alone film. Anyone who says so, IMO, is deluded.

King Kandy

Kaibs

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment

My opinion, however, is that jacking up the prices for 3D and the, sequentially, re-release of said film is nothing more than a ploy to gain more box office bucks.

It certainly isn't for it's merit as a stand alone film. Anyone who says so, IMO, is deluded.

IMO, it made that much because it's a universally appealing film. Cameron is great at making those types of films.

It's not the best movie, ever....well...it really is...

Lemme rephrase...

It's not the greatest cinematic piece of artwork, ever, as there are many film better than this one.

The re-release is definitely a way to get more money out of people, but can you blame them?

Also, King Kandy, thanks for explaining that joke. I kept typoing 1 or 2 paragraphs out to Spoony, to explain the joke and I knew tht was too much: you're waaaaaay better at explaining things up in very few words, than I am. That's why I asked. And, yes, the joke was bad...very bad...but it still made me laugh.

SnakeEyes
I stopped caring about this movie long ago, after I saw it the first and only time.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Impediment

smokin' I agree and I think Cameron was just being beyond greedy by re-releasing the movie a 2nd time,considering how much this movie already made at the box office

§P0oONY
Originally posted by K.Diddy
smokin' I agree and I think Cameron was just being beyond greedy by re-releasing the movie a 2nd time,considering how much this movie already made at the box office Can you blame the re-release? I wouldn't say it's greedy, I'd say it was common sense... What's wrong with trying t oget as much money out of a product you create?

Kaibs

K.Diddy

Kazenji
Originally posted by K.Diddy
:,Why not just bring out an extended cut of the dvd,then try and fool people into going to see this movie twice

Agreed, Cameron did that for Aliens and T1 and 2.

T.M
There is an going to be an extended cut of the DVD, It will have more additional footage than this re-release too.

dadudemon
Originally posted by T.M
There is an going to be an extended cut of the DVD, It will have more additional footage than this re-release too.

Cameron learned that from Apple, for sure. 313

§P0oONY
Cameron learned that from Apple, for sure. 313 Let's be fair... Apple have only started doing it post Cameron milking his films.

King Kandy
Also, King Kandy, thanks for explaining that joke. I kept typoing 1 or 2 paragraphs out to Spoony, to explain the joke and I knew tht was too much: you're waaaaaay better at explaining things up in very few words, than I am. That's why I asked. And, yes, the joke was bad...very bad...but it still made me laugh.
Yeah, you probably would have spent paragraphs detailing whether or not Aizen knew he had the second release...

dadudemon
Originally posted by King Kandy
Yeah, you probably would have spent paragraphs detailing whether or not Aizen knew he had the second release...

lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.