BlazBlue vs Legacy of Kain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FinalAnswer
So, liek, all characters from BlazBlue vs all characters from Legacy of Kain.

Which verse wins?

NemeBro
Blazblue has characters who could solo the series.

In Blazblue you have the Black Beast, who is larger than cities and can tank the entire nuclear arsenal of mankind without being injured.

Ragna was able to stalemate it for a full year, and he did it in a weaker incarnation.

The Black Beast was able to destroy nearly the whole planet with Seithr, making it hazardous and soopah deadly to people.

FinalAnswer
Elder God can bust continents though.

Demonic Phoenix
Makoto punches EG to the moon 131

~ When has EG ever busted a continent? The most it could do was cause mild tremors

NemeBro
He was joking.

FinalAnswer
No I most certainly wasn't.

Also, Makoto's moon punch is obviously toonforce

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
He was joking.

I'm carrying the joke on. estahuh

MooCowofJustice
So much evil...no expression

NemeBro
Blazblue is hundreds of times better than Pokemon.

But hey, what isn't?

StyleTime
Inuyasha isn't.

NemeBro
Valid point.

MooCowofJustice
Have tried BlazBlue. It sucks.

NemeBro
Moo your opinion is almost invariably bad.

Now shoo.

MooCowofJustice
Now I can't leave, because that's what you want me to do. Way to go. >_>

Burning thought
Originally posted by NemeBro
Blazblue has characters who could solo the series.

In Blazblue you have the Black Beast, who is larger than cities and can tank the entire nuclear arsenal of mankind without being injured.

Ragna was able to stalemate it for a full year, and he did it in a weaker incarnation.

The Black Beast was able to destroy nearly the whole planet with Seithr, making it hazardous and soopah deadly to people.

If this is true, then this is spite. However, what specifically is it? is it weak to soul powers? is it extremely slow? also is this even a game? if it is I want to see it.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Burning thought
If this is true, then this is spite. However, what specifically is it? is it weak to soul powers? is it extremely slow? also is this even a game? if it is I want to see it. I wouldn't imagine it being weak to soul powers, considering that Terumi smelted the Beast with thousands of souls. I wouldn't imagine it being extremely slow, it halfed the entire planet's population in a matter of months. Yeah it's a game, but I am way too lazy to actually look for the scenes, especially since there are very few cutscenes.

Burning thought
So he did use souls? or some physical varient (if he melted its body?) with them. In a matter of months, but is this because its quick or because its got very powerful long range AOE attacks?

meh, the universe seems too strong as it stands.

NemeBro
So he did use souls? or some physical varient (if he melted its body?) with them. In a matter of months, but is this because its quick or because its got very powerful long range AOE attacks?

meh, the universe seems too strong as it stands. Yeah, explicitly stated to be souls. Terumi is able to manipulate, steal, and smelt souls, which makes sense, being essentially a disembodied ancient soul-like being as it is. It's speed is never specified, although I have never seen it use ranged "attacks," the Black Beast is a black multi-headed monster that was about the size of a city (If I recall right), although it did emanate something called seithr which was toxic to humans, and "mutated" the wildlife and landscape throughout most of the world, though this only really happened after the war with the Beast, when it was already dead. I assume it is probably fairly fast, Terumi, who created and then helped to fight against the Beast, has shown to effortlessly dodge lightning and was able to react in 1/480,000th of a second.

Yeah, Blazblue is pretty strong.

Burning thought
Did they try and get inside the beast? as it was so large I would imagine someone smaller but powerful may be able to cause it harm by getting inside, like GoW Titans?

NemeBro
Did they try and get inside the beast? as it was so large I would imagine someone smaller but powerful may be able to cause it harm by getting inside, like GoW Titans? It's doesn't really have any organs, being basically a gigantic concentration of pure seithr, and if someone were to enter it, they would probably be destroyed by said concentration of seithr instantly.

Although Blazblue has alot more than the Black Beast going for it.

They also have Takamagahara, which is basically a "location" set in the Blazblueverse which is also an organization of three God-like beings. They are virtually omniscient, able to view the entire planet and every possible timeline with very few limitations, and are able to set the enire planet in a series of time loops, restarting and looping time over and over again. They are essentially godlike, only vulnerable in the white room where they manipulate the world from, and very few in Blazblue know where that is and none can enter unless they allow them, only Terumi was able to enter without their consent, and that took a great deal of preparation on his part.

Individual characters are also often very powerful. Terumi is immortal and invincible, due to a life-link with the Imperator of the Librarium (The ruling government of the planet) he cannot die, you would have to kill her and him at the same time. Of course that is only the primary precaution he has to ensure his existence. Just in case, you know. He also keeps himself alive with the hatred others hold for him, Ragna's hatred alone is sufficient to keep him in this world, and that is just Ragna, EVERYONE hates Terumi. If every Blazblue character is allowed, not just ones that are currently alive, Takamagahara as I previously stated also ensures Terumi's survival. Oh and I guess he also has a life-link with Mu, the Kusanagi Unit, which may actually be MORE powerful than the Black Beast is. So ideally, to kill Terumi, you would have to kill everyone whose hatred would not allow him to die, and then kill him, Mu, and the Imperator at the same time. Which is no small feat, although the power of the Imperator is unknown, Mu like I said may be stronger than the Black Beast, not only because the Beast is basically just a failed, well, her, but also because she easily beat Hakumen, who was able to battle the Beast and was the one who killed it. Terumi is also very powerful, one of the strongest characters in the series, he also fought with the Beast, and did so when he was less powerful than he is now. He is able to dodge lightning when holding back, and was able to in 1/480,000th of a second exploited a breach in Takamagahara and then destroyed them. He is also physically invulnerable to most of the character's attacks, and is able to battle some of the strongest characters and win one after the other.

So yeah Blazblue is pretty powerful and stuff I guess.

Burning thought
Have they mind resistances? has anyone tried to mind control them?

NemeBro
Oh good question I completely forgot to mention this!

Terumi has mind control powers. It's like a hobby of his. no expression

He is able to mindrape, or just outright control your mind, he can also possess you.

Some characters would be able to resist mental powers easily, like Hakumen, who was imprisoned in the Boundary for ninety years, most who are even exposed to the Boundary for a much lesser time mentally and physically degrade, Hakumen did not by virtue of pure willpower. Terumi also was able to weather the same amount of time in the Boundary. Others we could reason would not be susceptible to mental powers, since Terumi never even bothers to try it on them like he does other characters, these are the more powerful Blazblue characters, like Ragna, Hakumen, Rachel Alucard, Valkenhayn, Jubei, and stuff and things. Jin Kisaragi would also be immune, since he recently was able to overcome the mental control his sword had on him. In fact, anyone who can effectively wield a weapon called a Nox Nyctores would be immune for the most part, since they are able to withstand their own weapon's mental influence.

Mu is already being mentally controlled by Terumi, and the Black Beast would be immune to mental powers, since Terumi explicitly said the main reason it was a failure was because he could not control it.

Burning thought
If you have the time or anyone with Blazblue experiance, please list the characters under these headings, only put them in the headings if they have actually had the respective powers used on them and have resisted it directly:

Mind control/Soul control immune and magic resistance/immune (state whether immune).

Magic immune/resistant (state whether immune or just resistant).

Mind control immune:

Soul power immune:

Ofc if your too lazy then fine, ime looking up some of these characters online. It would seem that according to images on a wiki, the Black Beast was like a giant Hydra sort of thing.

NemeBro
Mind control/Soul control immune and magic resistance/immune (state whether immune): Terumi, being capable of soul and mind control on vast scales, is naturally immune, and he shows a great deal of resistance to damage, magical or otherwise, being immune to some of the character's attacks entirely. Being immortal helps. Takamagahara falls under this, since it has neither a proper mind nor soul to control, and is essentially unreachable to anyone unless they allow it. Hakumen has shown mental resistance and his soul is protected by the Susano'o Unit, which also protects him from magical powah to an extent. Black Beast of course counts, being basically concentrated seithr without a mind to control, being comprised of thousands of souls, and despite being injured by magic still held resistance to it. Mu counts for all practical purposes, Terumi has complete control of her mind due to his own mental powers being amplified by the Lifelink, she like the Black Beast is largely comprised of thousands of souls, and unlike the Beast appeared even more resistant to magic than it was.

Magic immune/resistant (state whether immune or just resistant): Everyone falls under resistant, since everyone can use magic to an extent. Not sure if anyone really falls under truly immune other than Takamagahara.

Mind control immune: Jin Kisaragi, Arakune (Prolly, his mind is already completely raped by the Boundary), Tsubaki (Sorry, Terumi beat you to mind controlling her no expression), Ragna (Terumi's mind****ery was resisted), Jubei, Noel Vermillion (It is actually part of her weapon, Bolverk's, traits).

Soul power immune: Harder to gauge, no one has shown to be affected by soul powers, but Terumi does not typically use them as often.

Probably forgetting something.

Burning thought
I think if LoK use soul powers, Dark eden and mind contorl on those they can. They can kill some of the characters but considering so many seem fairly strong they would likely lose by the end.

The EG has not had his substance power taken away, e.g. hes a sub spiritual entity in this match so I am not sure what can touch him tbh. Neither spirit or physical forces could in the games, his contintental body would crush the majority of them, based on size continent>city.

Also although blazblue may have strength/speed advantages, who has hte numbers? LoK series in its entirety have the entire vampire race of SR era who have resistance and regen able to keep up with ease against Raziels hundred tonxPSI attacks.

As for teh Dark beast, LoK will have to use inspire hate or mind control on someone who can beat it in the Blazblue universe. Either that or the EG fights it.

NemeBro
I think if LoK use soul powers, Dark eden and mind contorl on those they can. They can kill some of the characters but considering so many seem fairly strong they would likely lose by the end.

The EG has not had his substance power taken away, e.g. hes a sub spiritual entity in this match so I am not sure what can touch him tbh. Neither spirit or physical forces could in the games, his contintental body would crush the majority of them, based on size continent>city.

Also although blazblue may have strength/speed advantages, who has hte numbers? LoK series in its entirety have the entire vampire race of SR era who have resistance and regen able to keep up with ease against Raziels hundred tonxPSI attacks.

As for teh Dark beast, LoK will have to use inspire hate or mind control on someone who can beat it in the Blazblue universe. Either that or the EG fights it. Well some of the weaker characters in the cast would prolly die, but this is the Blazblue verse as a whole, a single Librarium office is stated to have as much military might as an entire nation, and there are many.

Some characters should be able to harm the Elder God. Jubei's sword Musashi is able to cut what normally cannot be, it was shown to cut into and destroy a magical pocket dimension, and Hakumen's sword was able to cut through time itself to view a different timeline. In fact, several characters have transdimensional powers, Hakumen, Jubei, Valkenhayn, Terumi, Nine (And pretty much anyone who can use her kind of magic), and Rachel Alucard have all shown to be able to do this. And if Takamagahara wished to directly involve themselves, they could easily destroy the Elder God. And, and physically he could not handle some Blazblue characters, a mid-tier in the cast is able to physically destroy the moon, Tager is able to fly outside of the atmosphere and send you crashing down creating a gigantic crater (Not sure of the size), Hakumen at 20% power can destroy half of a city/mountain (The mountain is the city), and as said before Ragna physically fought with and held back the Black Beast for a full year non-stop. The Black Beast's power also was able to cover and destroy most of the planet.

Blazblue in all likelihood has numbers. The Librarium as a government controls the entire world, and a single base has the military power of an entire nation. Not counting all of the vigilantes and fighters who are not allied with the Librarium. Oh, and I should probably mention this, Kokonoe, a scientist and head of an organization called Sector Seven, has nuclear weapons at her disposal. ALOT of nuclear weapons, if I recall right there appeared to be over a hundred. Oh, and she is perfectly willing to use them.

There is nearly no one in the Blazblue universe who can kill the Black Beast one on one, and by nearly no one, the only one who MIGHT be able to do it is Terumi as he is now, who would be immune to mental powers, and maybe Ragna with the Idea Engine, who is also immune to mental powers.

Burning thought
Musashi I can understand, cutting time on the other hand would not harm the EG since its ambigious, whats time got to do with the EG's state? and a few swords slashing at what is enormous tentacles that multiply and regenerate across a continental form is insignifcant. And Takamagahara have what feats of destroying entities?

Chances are nukes will do more harm to them than Lok whos majority is supernatural or spiritual. Nukes are never viable in all out war unless for some reason the whole of Lok is bunched up, far away from Blazblue forces. Are buildings and objects from both universes even present here?

Whats Ragna done specifically to show hes immune to mental powers?

I also just read online that one of Ragnas moves is called "Blood Kain" lolz...

NemeBro
Musashi I can understand, cutting time on the other hand would not harm the EG since its ambigious, whats time got to do with the EG's state? and a few swords slashing at what is enormous tentacles that multiply and regenerate across a continental form is insignifcant. And Takamagahara have what feats of destroying entities?

Chances are nukes will do more harm to them than Lok whos majority is supernatural or spiritual. Nukes are never viable in all out war unless for some reason the whole of Lok is bunched up, far away from Blazblue forces. Are buildings and objects from both universes even present here?

Whats Ragna done specifically to show hes immune to mental powers?

I also just read online that one of Ragnas moves is called "Blood Kain" lolz... 1. Hakumen's sword can cut damn near anything it wants to, its special ability is that it actually allows him to basically negate magic, this allows him to do shit like cut and kill stuff that normally could not be, and apparently cut through time. Why would that not work? It worked pretty damn well for Kain. no expression Not to mention, I have been meaning to ask you this, where was it ever actually shown or stated that the Elder God is continental in size? Takamagahara is able to reality warp the entire planet. no expression It can manipulate and control anyone it wishes to, if it desired it could literally keep everyone in the Blazblue universe from dying, like it did with Terumi.

2. See, thing is, Kokonoe would be more than willing to sacrifice people's lives to win. Also, her science has the means to teleport the main players in Blazblue away, as do many Blazblue characters. I was kinda assuming so honestly. no expression

Resisted Terumi's mind powers. Oh also I should probably mention Ragna has soul powers, and can both devour your soul and erase you from existence at once.

Yeah, that is Ragna when using the Blazblue.

Burning thought
You see him across the continent of Nosgoth. Youve been told this by most, not just me. And it worked for Kain because he used a Sword that attacked the EG's spiritual essence in a way other weapons could not, Kains sword has shown to be able to harm the EG, despite it being immune to soul attacks from Raziels wraith blade and being immaterial (so physical attacks are no good). Why Kains sword works can only be down to the fact its empowered by so many things at once. Ive only read that Takamagahara keeps the world from ending and so uses time control to make it repeat itself but apperntly, even they were defeated and their omniitence found wanting so I am not sure they can actually beat "anyone" they wanted to.

2. many of the LoK characters, especially the main ones can also teleport so chances are, the nukes will only help destroy the basic forces of either side. Only the Vampires will be left behind as spirits.

Can you show me him doing it? resisting Terumi and indeed, Terumis powers please? also has Terumi himself resisted mind powers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.