Hulk & Skaar run a gauntlet!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
1. Wonderman & A-Bomb
2. Colossus, Thing, Sasquatch
3. Wolverine, Daken, Sabretooth, Omega Red, Spider-man, Venom, Captain America, & Deadpool
4. Storm, Ms. Marvel, Moonstone, She Hulk, Invisible Woman, Spider Woman & Pyslocke
5. Ironman, War Machine & Vision
6. Namor & Blue Marvel
7. Ares & Hercules
8. Ghost Rider & Sentry
9. Thor vs. BRB
10. Surfer & Nova

How far can current father and son go?

dmills
Damn the teams are kinda mixed up so it makes it tough.

3) Daken makes this interesting.
4) The women can give them hell
6) Namor is fodder imo. BM however may be stronger then Hulk or Skaar.

dmills
8) They'd need CIS in spades
9) Same as 8.
10) Not a chance in hell against those two.

CosmicComet
They stop at 8.

Stoic
They possibly stop at 9, and have a possibility of clearing 10. I like Rich but he still has a little more to prove to be called king of the hill.

shokosugi
Stops at 9

AsbestosFlaygon
Current Hulk is probably the most durable herald-level in Marvel right now, considering the fact that his regen and strength is greater than WWH's.

Stops @ 8, imo. Ghost Rider's Penance Stare.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Current Hulk is probably the most durable herald-level in Marvel right now, considering the fact that his regen and strength is greater than WWH's.

I'm not sure if Penance Stare would work on Hulk. I can't recall him killing or harming any innocents.

DarkOdin

Stops @ 8, imo. Ghost Rider's Penance Stare. His regen hasn't seemed to be all that more powerful heck professor hulk has taken better simliar hits like WBH

SamZED
Originally posted by byrdgang21
3. Wolverine, Daken, Sabretooth, Omega Red, Spider-man, Venom, Captain America, & Deadpool
Holly! Now that's a team up Id pay to see.

janus77
10. not getting past Surfer, gamma drain is his thing. Skaar already got beat by him (though not a low showing by any stretch).

list order is wrong. Sentry should be at 9.

the ninjak

Ghost Rider kinda judged WWH in his saga. And found him innocent and rode away. And that was fully unleashed GR.

It would probably have a lesser effect than it did on Deadpool. Which was little more than a history showing.

Warlord
8 kill them

the ninjak
Originally posted by Warlord
8 kill them

Yeah WWH Sentry was young and uncertain.

After that he became more than Hulk can ever handle.

Stops at 8............ possibly Blue Marvel.

janus77
lol,

Sentry looked pretty certain to me, at least he wasn't trying to die.

Stoic
Number 6 should be 7, Namor should be able to beat Ares.

Warlord
Originally posted by janus77
lol,

no he was just leaking energy unable to control himself

Bentley
They stop at 1. But assuming its current uber Hulk they make it to 9. I would argue that 6 is harder than 7 though.

janus77
no he was just leaking energy unable to control himself
it must be fun making up comics in your head smile

everybody else has to settle for what's shown and stated on-panel. like Sentry gone nuts (according to no less an authority than Reed Richards) and the whole of the city bathed in his energy outpourings, whilst he himself states that it's fun to finally lose control/totally release it.

unless you've got something besides your bitterness to present in the way of an argument, let's leave it no expression

the ninjak
lol,

Of course he was uncertain. He actually thanked WWHulk afterwards.

janus77
Originally posted by the ninjak
Of course he was uncertain. He actually thanked WWHulk afterwards.
that was Bob, after he'd poured out all his powers on Hulk. and it was more of a "thank you for not killing me while I tried but failed to kill you".

oh, did I mention that WWH was holding back? smile

bbrem123
current sentry solos easy...if it wwh sentry its a different story

bbrem123
that was Bob, after he'd poured out all his powers on Hulk. and it was more of a "thank you for not killing me while I tried but failed to kill you".

fail post

janus77
seemed like the same Sentry to me, anything on-panel showing an amp?

janus77
Originally posted by bbrem123
fail post
were you highlighting or demonstrating failure by doing it yourself?
confused

Bentley
current sentry solos easy...if it wwh sentry its a different story

Hulk broke Sentry by sheer power, respect the green goliath cool

bbrem123
were you highlighting or demonstrating failure by doing it yourself?
confused

just highlight ur fail...sorry for the confusion

janus77
just highlight ur fail...sorry for the confusion
interesting, so you failed in your attempts to highlight something you thought was failure ...

hmm

bbrem123
Originally posted by Bentley
Hulk broke Sentry by sheer power, respect the green goliath cool

wwh is the shit...just cant compete with current sentry thats all

bbrem123
interesting, so you failed in your attempts to highlight something you thought was failure ...

hmm

all im saying is ur post was one of fail nothing more...stop confusing urself

the ninjak

That whole scene had an "uncertain" Sentry attacking an old friend. Blasting him with everything and ended with him saying thankyou I needed that.

How is that an experienced Sentry?

Not including Void, a later Sentry would destroy WWH.

janus77
has there been an on-panel power up?

current Sentry's one transcendent feat is still the win over MM, aside from that, he's pretty much the same Sentry as before (the one stalemating genis, breaking Savage Hulk's bones, losing to WWH).

bbrem123
sentry didnt even kno his powers...so using wwh senty is just fail like i said

janus77
all im saying is ur post was one of fail nothing more...stop confusing urself
there was no confusion, I understood you to have failed, twice.
smokin'

janus77
sentry didnt even kno his powers...so using wwh senty is just fail like i said
he doesn't know what he's capable of, versitility wise, but he was pretty certain that he was pouring everything he had into it. he was totally spent. how can that happen unless he pours out all the energies he has?

the ninjak
O.K. guys.

Dark Avengers Sentry killed MM by destroying his particles better and faster than MM could.

I always factored in the ability when he tore highly durable charcters in half.

Hulk couldn't withstand molecular reconstruction/ destruction and highspeed punishing blows at the same time.

The guy just kept getting more godlike everyday. Until it sent him into desperate suicide.

he doesn't know what he's capable of, versitility wise, but he was pretty certain that he was pouring everything he had into it. he was totally spent. how can that happen unless he pours out all the energies he has?

Unfocused energies. He became a matter manipulator later.
Made a fricken werewolf in the palm of his hand 10 secs after realising how good he had become.

janus77
Sentry beating MM is a demonstration of Sentry's molecular self-control, imo. it's why I think Flash has no chance of speed stealing from him (kinetic energy being a property of his molecules).

I don't think he could do that to someone else, MM went into Sentry's body, Sentry reformed. it's not like Surfer who transmuted inorganic matter to life...

back on topic, Sentry did focus the bulk of his energies, but he lost control of them during the fight. Hulk on the other hand, wasn't damaged much by Sentry's energies and he wasn't even particularly pissed at Sentry (just at Tony and Reed for involving Sentry).

the ninjak
it's not like Surfer who transmuted inorganic matter to life...

Made a fricken WEREWOLF in the palm of his hand 10 secs after realising how good he had become.
Hulk on the other hand, wasn't damaged much by Sentry's energies and he wasn't even particularly pissed at Sentry (just at Tony and Reed for involving Sentry).
That whole scene had an "uncertain" Sentry attacking an OLD FRIEND.

janus77

I saw your edit, after I posted.

still not as impressive with the matter manip as Surfer is. plus Savage Hulk is both resistant to matter manip. and has 'healed' from it, when transformed by Gog (or whatever his name is).

Warlord
it must be fun making up comics in your head smile

everybody else has to settle for what's shown and stated on-panel. like Sentry gone nuts (according to no less an authority than Reed Richards) and the whole of the city bathed in his energy outpourings, whilst he himself states that it's fun to finally lose control/totally release it.

unless you've got something besides your bitterness to present in the way of an argument, let's leave it no expression

oh my...
as you mentioned above Sentry must be really focused...
Thanks for educating us

the ninjak
Yeah well Hulk can't kill Sentry....ever.

3 secs later he just reapears behind Hulk to deal more punishment.

And BFR my ass it's a power.

janus77
oh my...
as you mentioned above Sentry must be really focused...
Thanks for educating us
reading not your strong suit?

like Strange-Zom, Sentry lost control of himself as he increased the power output... going from pouring it all on to Hulk to only pouring the bulk of it on Hulk (the overspill threatening the city). it's precisely such a loss of control that demonstrates that Sentry was not holding back.

janus77
Yeah well Hulk can't kill Sentry....ever.

3 secs later he just reapears behind Hulk to deal more punishment.

And BFR my ass it's a power.
and Hulk himself can reform from being atomised (literally), Maestro Hulk did it. not a big deal, it's a loss if it gets to that stage.

it's not as if Hulk will get any weaker, he might even get annoyed by Sentry's reappearance, resulting in an even quicker vanquishing of Sentry.

the ninjak
and Hulk himself can reform from being atomised (literally), Maestro Hulk did it. not a big deal, it's a loss if it gets to that stage.

it's not as if Hulk will get any weaker, he might even get annoyed by Sentry's reappearance, resulting in an even quicker vanquishing of Sentry.
Sentry can BFR a dead Hulk. Throw his remains into the Sun. He made the trip mid sentence.

Hulk can't BFR a dead Sentry.

Warlord
reading not your strong suit?

like Strange-Zom, Sentry lost control of himself as he increased the power output... going from pouring it all on to Hulk to only pouring the bulk of it on Hulk (the overspill threatening the city). it's precisely such a loss of control that demonstrates that Sentry was not holding back.

continue to impress us...
so you might even add that once Sentry lost control and released all this energies he was having his maximum capacity showing.

oh wait we've seen him doing better. we've also seen him commenting of how he actually NOW knows how his powers work in Dark Avengers. So WWH sentry,is not full capacity sentry. he does not know how to use/control his power.

janus77
Sentry can BFR a dead Hulk. Throw his remains into the Sun. He made the trip mid sentence.

Hulk can't BFR a dead Sentry.
true, but dead = loss, so what does it matter?

reforming from dead isn't an attribute of value in a match to the 'death', is it?

if so, Deadpool vs Galactus would be an eternal stalemate.

janus77
continue to impress us...
so you might even add that once Sentry lost control and released all this energies he was having his maximum capacity showing.

oh wait we've seen him doing better. we've also seen him commenting of how he actually NOW knows how his powers work in Dark Avengers. So WWH sentry,is not full capacity sentry. he does not know how to use/control his power.
non sequitor?

doing better is not equal to exerting more power. it's entirely possible to knock down a tower block by planting explosives on every floor or by just planting explosives on the ground floor and letting gravity do the rest.

better use of Sentry's powers is what Sentry has commented on, iirc. more power, no, not as far as I am aware.

Warlord
non sequitor?

doing better is not equal to exerting more power. it's entirely possible to knock down a tower block by planting explosives on every floor or by just planting explosives on the ground floor and letting gravity do the rest.

better use of Sentry's powers is what Sentry has commented on, iirc. more power, no, not as far as I am aware.

so actually we agree...
he commented on having better control of his powers.
Thanx

the ninjak
true, but dead = loss, so what does it matter?

reforming from dead isn't an attribute of value in a match to the 'death', is it?

if so, Deadpool vs Galactus would be an eternal stalemate.

BFR counts as a win. Sentry throwing a defeated Hulk into the Sun counts as BFR. If not complete death even with Hulks HF.

dmills
Guys, Janus believes Pak and -to a lesser extent- Loebs' writing to be gospel in this matter. So you people are just arguing right past each other. You'd make more progress pissing into a high wind.

dmills
It's ridiculously obvious that Bob was a lot more powerful then anyone thought. Pak's writing was just a piece of the whole but more was revealed later. Hell he wasn't even voidtry in the Hulk fight.

bbrem123
WWH vs sentry is a none fight....hulk gets crushed plan and simple....its funny how some wont except things like this

thor is a much better matchup for WWH not sentry

janus77
WWH vs sentry is a none fight....hulk gets crushed plan and simple....its funny how some wont except things like this

thor is a much better matchup for WWH not sentry
1) plane and not "plan" (spelling mistakes undermine attempts at sounding authoritative or passing off your opinion as definitive on the matter)

2) it's often the case that people disagree and see things differently, especially so when the thing under consideration is a hypothetical fight between fictional beings

3) given point 2, you might be a little too highly strung there.

4) Sentry toppped out at much less than WWH. WWH then grew exponentially stronger still in a few moments. so IF Sentry is suddenly more powerful (rather than just more aware of the versatility of his powers), it is no guarantee that the re-match would have a different outcome.

hope this helps smile

bbrem123
thanks for correcting my spelling...im typing fast with out looking over what i wrote...give me a break man

u gonna bash my spelling cuz u kno ur wrong

wwh sentry is not the same as current sentry what dont u understand about that?

ur the only one man that think this stuff u saying

byrdgang21
thanks for correcting my spelling...im typing fast with out looking over what i wrote...give me a break man

u gonna bash my spelling cuz u kno ur wrong

wwh sentry is not the same as current sentry what dont u understand about that?

ur the only one man that think this stuff u saying

Hulk nor Sentry is the same as in the WWH arc

bbrem123
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Hulk nor Sentry is the same as in the WWH arc

not really man...hulk is kinda back to where he was and sentry is leagues above waht he was shown previously

Carpet_Muncher
Skaar! Let's cross Conan with the Hulk, that's a cool idea.... *facepalm*; really, n-no, no Marvel, it isn't!

Stoic
Originally posted by Carpet_Muncher
Skaar! Let's cross Conan with the Hulk, that's a cool idea.... *facepalm*; really, n-no, no Marvel, it isn't!

Skaar really made me think that Marvel was copying Dale Keowns Pitt, and his brother Hiro, is Timmy. They're just throwing the Conan in there to conceal the BS that they pulled.

Carpet_Muncher
really good point mate, I remember you from the old days of this forum, you were a smart one then!Originally posted by Stoic
Skaar really made me think that Marvel was copying Dale Keowns Pitt, and his brother Hiro, is Timmy. They're just throwing the Conan in there to conceal the BS that they pulled.

the ninjak
1) plane and not "plan" (spelling mistakes undermine attempts at sounding authoritative or passing off your opinion as definitive on the matter)

plain not plane big grin

janus77
plain not plane big grin
and not plan either :P

was in two minds about it, should have checked embarrasment

dmills
Originally posted by Stoic
Skaar really made me think that Marvel was copying Dale Keowns Pitt, and his brother Hiro, is Timmy. They're just throwing the Conan in there to conceal the BS that they pulled. Damn. I hadn't thought about that but yeah you're right lol!

BattleMage
They some how clear it.

Nihilist
Stop at 8 hard.

bbrem123
and not plan either :P

was in two minds about it, should have checked embarrasment

haha i was just typing fast and u try and correct me...failllllllll

nice try buddy ahaha

janus77
stick out tongue important thing is that they stop at Surfer, not before.

Warlord
Originally posted by Nihilist
Stop at 8 hard.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Stoic
They possibly stop at 9, and have a possibility of clearing 10. I like Rich but he still has a little more to prove to be called king of the hill.

They have not a shit chance in hell of clearing 10.

Rich has proved more than enough. Dude is easily in the top 3 for high heralds right now.

byrdgang21
Originally posted by CosmicComet
They have not a shit chance in hell of clearing 10.

Rich has proved more than enough. Dude is easily in the top 3 for high heralds right now.

Wow!! Nova easily top 3. May I ask who the other 2 are?

CosmicComet
I meant for Marvel specifically by the way. Don't know how it shapes up when including DC.

Surfer is the other one, of course, and probably Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.