World breaker hulk vs thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

parashute
well since skaar was able to beat him up and red hulk gave him a hell of a beating i can say that WBH is nothing at all so its his vs thor who wins

Stoic

AsbestosFlaygon
Thor tries pummeling WBH with Mjolnir but WBH won't feel a thing.

Running out of resources, Thor pushes him back with a Godblast, then Hulk gets angrier and kills Thor with a pimpslap.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by parashute
well since skaar was able to beat him up and red hulk gave him a hell of a beating i can say that WBH is nothing at all so its his vs thor who wins eek!

Stoic
If this impact did this to Thor what would WB Hulks mere footfalls do to him? Just a thought. Oh yea, that assault KO'd Thor.

amnesia
Thor shit stomps

Aizenfly
Hulk

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Stoic
If this impact did this to Thor what would WB Hulks mere footfalls do to him? Just a thought. Oh yea, that assault KO'd Thor. Yes b/c we all know that world breaker is powered by 3 skyfathers like the destroyer confused

DarkOdin
Honestly it is going to be he same old thing Hulk vs Thor Thor in a forum battle will come out on top b/c of his powerset. Current hulk and current Thor don't have alot of feats under their belts to make me thik they are alot stronger then their classic levels yet

Warlord
Thor gets mjolnir in Hulks mouth and blasts him from the inside a la Mangog

there

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Yes b/c we all know that world breaker is powered by 3 skyfathers like the destroyer confused

Just compare the damage yield, if that impact put Thor away, could you imagine what one that nearly sunk the east coast would do? Well it's obvious to me what would happen. How about you?

Stoic
Originally posted by Warlord
Thor gets mjolnir in Hulks mouth and blasts him from the inside a la Mangog

there

Context is a real thing.

Warlord
what would be different then?

Stoic
what would be different then?

Mangog can actually fit Thor in his mouth, this would be a little harder to do if his mouth were the size of Banners, wouldn't it? Has he ever done this to the Hulk before? Was the Hulk put down by a team as powerful as the Dark Avengers? Not to my knowledge. Was Thor?

Warlord
Was Thor? no

janus77
Hulk stomps.
Thor's best hope is to bury mjolnir somewhere off planet, so that Hulk doesn't end up using it to beat him to death.

Thor doesn't stand a chance, at present levels. if Hulk was back to Savage Hulk levels, then this might be a fight.

traditionally, Savage Hulk = Thor + Mjolnir. that's always been Thor's lifesaver in their encounters (until Savage Hulk decided to use it against Thor).

Warlord
or until Thor decided to hit Hulk with lightning

BUSTER1
well since skaar was able to beat him up and red hulk gave him a hell of a beating i can say that WBH is nothing at all so its his vs thor who wins

Whaaaattttt!!!!

janus77
Storm & Torch tried that, Thor failed to do anything with the lightning against Savage Hulk too smile

Warlord
Originally posted by janus77
Storm & Torch tried that, Thor failed to do anything with the lightning against Savage Hulk too smile

good thing Storm does not use magic lightning and HT does not use lightning at all.

Thor has knocked him out with one lightning blast before

Stoic
no

Actually Thor was KO'd by the Dark Avengers in Siege, and it wasn't even the whole team.

amnesia
Hulk stomps.
Thor's best hope is to bury mjolnir somewhere off planet, so that Hulk doesn't end up using it to beat him to death.

Thor doesn't stand a chance, at present levels. if Hulk was back to Savage Hulk levels, then this might be a fight.

traditionally, Savage Hulk = Thor + Mjolnir. that's always been Thor's lifesaver in their encounters (until Savage Hulk decided to use it against Thor).

smh. Hulk could NEVER lift mjolnir, NEVER.

(Unless you think hulk is skyfather level, which he isn't. He is low street at best)

Warlord
Actually Thor was KO'd by the Dark Avengers in Siege, and it wasn't even the whole team.

no.

they were not the dark avengers. It was norman, moonstone and the u-foes. and it was after Thor was hit by Sentry.

it should be noted that Vector (of the u-foes) alone was able to reduce Hulk to a skeleton before while thor had no severe wounds.

Stoic
no.

they were not the dark avengers. It was norman, moonstone and the u-foes. and it was after Thor was hit by Sentry.

it should be noted that Vector (of the u-foes) alone was able to reduce Hulk to a skeleton before while thor had no severe wounds.

Vector wasn't blasting the hell out of Thor in that conflict was he? Norman in an inferior suit to the one Stark used in WWHulk put Thor down with a punch, after Sentry had a wrestling match with him. There wasn't a big exchange between the two as I recall.

How long did it take for the Hulk to regrow his flesh from Vector's assault? How long did it take Thor to recover from the beating that 7 or less guys gave him?

Devron87

in Incredible Hulk #611,WBH appears only at the start of the fight,the majority of the fight is more the Green Scar personna,the real WBH can't contol his power and have gamma waves pouring around him,it's not the case in the majority of Incredible Hulk #611,in Hulk#24 the Hulk who beat Red Hulk is banner in control of Green scar............

the ninjak
World Breaker Hulk is a kinetic nightmare. Well they way he looked anyway. Raging green energy surrounding his body. Making the earth tremble with each step.

Energy capable of destroying the planet.

WBH win. Thor beats WWH though.

Warlord
Vector wasn't blasting the hell out of Thor in that conflict was he? Norman in an inferior suit to the one Stark used in WWHulk put Thor down with a punch, after Sentry had a wrestling match with him. There wasn't a big exchange between the two as I recall.

norman ordered them to go all out so it is safe to assume Vectror was blasting Thor to death. how you figure he wasn't i cannot tell. finally after sentry's hit followed by all this energy projection you still think it was norman's punch that took him out ???

Stoic
norman ordered them to go all out so it is safe to assume Vectror was blasting Thor to death. how you figure he wasn't i cannot tell. finally after sentry's hit followed by all this energy projection you still think it was norman's punch that took him out ???

My point was to show the Hulks staying power vs Thor's, in a comic they stalemate a lot, but in a forum, Thor would be taking lumps while the Hulk would stay nearly fresh due to the HF. This is why it took so long for Thor to get back into the fight.

Warlord
My point was to show the Hulks staying power vs Thor's, in a comic they stalemate a lot, but in a forum, Thor would be taking lumps while the Hulk would stay nearly fresh due to the HF. This is why it took so long for Thor to get back into the fight.

Hulk has a HF advantage while Thor has the durability advantage (Vector is a proof for that). And Hulk's strength would constantly increase... but as u mentioned in a forum fight Thor can just fly out of reach and BFR him

Stoic
Hulk has a HF advantage while Thor has the durability advantage (Vector is a proof for that). And Hulk's strength would constantly increase... but as u mentioned in a forum fight Thor can just fly out of reach and BFR him

If you followed the WWHulk series you would know that you are only half right. The Hulks hide (body armor) gets more durable the stronger that he becomes, World Breaker Hulk would likely walk right through Thor currently, and bust him the way 8th day Juggernaut almost did. Vector's showing against the Hulk back then (weaker Hulk by miles) was the Hulk showing that he could take anything that Vector threw at him, and still KO him. If Thor tried the same stunt he would have switched to deflection mode by using Mjolnir. The Hulk did not have to walk into Vectors barrage, he could have just as easily ripped a chunk of flooring up and barreled toward him for the KO.

bfr is a possibility, but not really Thor's style.

Warlord
If you followed the WWHulk series you would know that you are only half right. The Hulks hide (body armor) gets more durable the stronger that he becomes, World Breaker Hulk would likely walk right through Thor currently, and bust him the way 8th day Juggernaut almost did. Vector's showing against the Hulk back then (weaker Hulk by miles) was the Hulk showing that he could take anything that Vector threw at him, and still KO him. If Thor tried the same stunt he would have switched to deflection mode by using Mjolnir. The Hulk did not have to walk into Vectors barrage, he could have just as easily ripped a chunk of flooring up and barreled toward him for the KO.

I agree about the World Breaker being a more powerful version but I was talking about normal Hulk. He was almost a skeleton when he KOed Vector while Thor had no visible fatal wounds. The HF is the key to his victory. anyway as said before it is a forum fight. thor can just stay out of reach and bfr him

Stoic
I agree about the World Breaker being a more powerful version but I was talking about normal Hulk. He was almost a skeleton when he KOed Vector while Thor had no visible fatal wounds. The HF is the key to his victory. anyway as said before it is a forum fight. thor can just stay out of reach and bfr him

It's a comic, could you imagine the BS Marvel would have to swallow if they allowed Thor to be shredded by a clown like Vector? In a forum if Thor had no hammer and walked headlong into Vectors barrage, he would have been ripped up too.

Warlord
It's a comic, could you imagine the BS Marvel would have to swallow if they allowed Thor to be shredded by a clown like Vector? In a forum if Thor had no hammer and walked headlong into Vectors barrage, he would have been ripped up too.

really?
they did it with Hulk. why not Thor? no wounds at all?
u say he'd been ripped although the comic itself say otherwise.

Stoic
really?
they did it with Hulk. why not Thor? no wounds at all?
u say he'd been ripped although the comic itself say otherwise.

ok how about this, why don't you make a thread, and ask everyone concerned, this question. How long would it take for Vector to blast the meat off of Thor (Vector going all out) while Thor sat there and took it. Do you think Thor is immune to Vectors blasts?

Ok, I just checked it out (Siege #1), they all took aim, and blasted thor with what looked like a nuclear strike, Norman walks over and pops Thor in the head, and lights out. Vector wasn't really pouring it on. At the same time though WW Hulk took a bigger blast than that from Black Bolt and was fine, do you see the correlation?

Warlord
no i don't see the correlation... you are saying they weren't going all out because the art wasn't impressive to u. but while they were specifically ordered to go all out and they didn't have reasons not to, I say this is only your opinion and it is not even supported by evidence.

as for the BB scream, it was just a skrull. i'm not impressed

Stoic
no i don't see the correlation... you are saying they weren't going all out because the art wasn't impressive to u. but while they were specifically ordered to go all out and they didn't have reasons not to, I say this is only your opinion and it is not even supported by evidence.

as for the BB scream, it was just a skrull. i'm not impressed

I won't interpret that which was not there. They all took aim and fired one volley, this made a huge blast, Norman then walked over to a dazed Thor and put his lights out. This is what happened nothing more, nothing less. The Hulk on the other hand, in less than WB mode took more damage from Black Bolt (Skrull) and was just fine.

Warlord
I won't interpret that which was not there. They all took aim and fired one volley, this made a huge blast, Norman then walked over to a dazed Thor and put his lights out. This is what happened nothing more, nothing less. The Hulk on the other hand, in less than WB mode took more damage from Black Bolt (Skrull) and was just fine.

more damage based on your assumption.
however the evidence is right there for classic hulk at least.

Vector all out vs Hulk = Hulk de-fleshed
Vector all out PLUS others vs Thor = Thor was still standing.

wanna blame the art? blame the art.
Plus collateral damage doesn't mean more power explicitly.

Uriel005
This fight is a moot point... Neither of them have a really measurable strength limit and Thor's magic does a bunch but Hulk has a really high HF to counter. Also the Hulk just keeps getting stronger the longer the fight goes on and then Thor changes his game to more of a range fight pissing Hulk off more. It goes down to Thor just tiring the Hulk out via constant magical assault and running/flight.

parashute
no.

after he was hit by sentry? so a single hit from sentry is that huge of a factor for thor? if 1 hit from sentry can reduce his entire durability then your point onlyu makes it worse for thor

right after thor was hit by sentry he sent him flying and was just fine it was never stated or show that he was hurt from that single punch , what did hurt thor was the U FOES combined blast from 3 people

also lets not forget that all those so called "MIGHTY" U FOES that kicked his ass were taken down by captain america and nick fury so there goes your thor thing

Warlord
after he was hit by sentry? so a single hit from sentry is that huge of a factor for thor? if 1 hit from sentry can reduce his entire durability then your point onlyu makes it worse for thor

right after thor was hit by sentry he sent him flying and was just fine it was never stated or show that he was hurt from that single punch , what did hurt thor was the U FOES combined blast from 3 people

also lets not forget that all those so called "MIGHTY" U FOES that kicked his ass were taken down by captain america and nick fury so there goes your thor thing

so being beaten by Cap means they have no energy out put to take down someone like thor?

or peal Hulk as they already have?

iceman24567
Thor beats the shit out of Hulk

the ninjak

Did they blast them or did Cap just kick the crap out of them before they could blanket him?

the ninjak
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor beats the shit out of Hulk

WBH.

iceman24567
Originally posted by the ninjak
WBH. eek! erm

the ninjak
Yeah I know but I believe in him.
It the biggest Hulk!

Earth Rumblin footsteps. Crazy kinetic energy surrounding his body. The whole planet busting threat.

dmills
Meh. The Blue Marvel has better feats then World buster and dude is only a part time character lol!

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Current hulk and current Thor don't have alot of feats under their belts to make me thik they are alot stronger then their classic levels yet
Current Hulk is stronger than WWH.

And current Thor is nowhere near his classic version, which was a lot stronger than he is now.

Current Hulk would kill current Thor in a pure slugfest.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by amnesia

(Unless you think hulk is skyfather level, which he isn't. He is low street at best) no expression

psycho gundam
well since skaar was able to beat him up and red hulk gave him a hell of a beating i can say that WBH is nothing at all so its his vs thor who wins he was only worldbreaker for a couple pages in the skaar fight, and was normal while whipping ross' ass.

thor would get his shit ruined going physical, so it's a case of his CIS at the moment. thor knows about world war hulk so he might be open to changing tactics *shrugs*

not really sure if i want to cosign, but i'll show the incident since i had it scanned already:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2089/incrediblehulk39815.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5096/incrediblehulk39816.jpg

(note, that was classic vector, like ali in his prime)

that hulk's healing factor is similar to current lobo's

Stoic
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he was only worldbreaker for a couple pages in the skaar fight, and was normal while whipping ross' ass.

thor would get his shit ruined going physical, so it's a case of his CIS at the moment. thor knows about world war hulk so he might be open to changing tactics *shrugs*

not really sure if i want to cosign, but i'll show the incident since i had it scanned already:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2089/incrediblehulk39815.jpg

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5096/incrediblehulk39816.jpg

(note, that was classic vector, like ali in his prime)

that hulk's healing factor is similar to current lobo's

You see that's one of the main problems with Thor fighting a guy like the Hulk, his HF, and strength amping abilities. Thor would get bruised while the Hulk would stay fresh.

amnesia
hulk loses -40/10

Stoic
Originally posted by amnesia
hulk loses -40/10

Why?

amnesia
Because i say so.

Stoic
ah I see, in that case.

keiththegreat
Thor

Damborgson
Thor wins. Come at me.

Stoic
^ Not with what he's been packing lately he won't. Also if we go by his showings against the Hulk in the past, he wouldn't be able to hurt WB Hulk if he hit him, but WB Hulk would certainly hurt him. And I mean really bad if we are talking about Thor in character.

carver9
It's already been proven recently that Hulk durability AND strength>>Thor and this is an average Hulk I am talking about. WBH one shots him.

Damborgson
the 5 decades or so that aren't avengers assemble or AvX will though. Yes, a melee will result with Thor being turned into a stain sooner than later, but only if he chooses to. If Thor fights smart, Hulks chances drop tremendously. To the point where it favors Thor.

@stoic btw

iceman24567
Thor still wins

Damborgson
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor still wins

thumb up

h1a8
WBH one shot kills Thor

Igniz
Thor wins.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/Archammer_ds/Come-At-Me-Bro-khal-drogo-23525547-500-282.gif

Damborgson
Originally posted by Igniz
Thor wins.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/Archammer_ds/Come-At-Me-Bro-khal-drogo-23525547-500-282.gif

I like the cut of your jib. thumb up

iceman24567
thumb up Drago is never wrong so Thor does indeed win

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
the 5 decades or so that aren't avengers assemble or AvX will though. Yes, a melee will result with Thor being turned into a stain sooner than later, but only if he chooses to. If Thor fights smart, Hulks chances drop tremendously. To the point where it favors Thor.

@stoic btw

Thor has always fought the Hulk the same way, he also fought Tutinax in a similar way. This is because the guys that fight him in these ways bring the fight to him, which does not allow for him to pull off his hammer magic, or any of his other high end tricks. If Thor could not outright defeat the Hulk on his lower levels, how in the world is he supposed to win against the Hulk while he is hundreds of times stronger at the very least? The Hulk would only require one hit or two at the most and it would be all over. You can only use that if he fights smart so many times until you have to come to a realization, that he was fighting smart, he was just fighting a guy, that despite his large size, he's actually fast enough to turn a battle with Thor into a brawl. What else can the Hulk do but get in close? This would be his main goal. Thor will of course oblige as usual, and realize only too late, that this was not the average Hulk that he is used to fighting, right before the darkness comes to claim him. It's only logical.

Damborgson
Thor has always fought the Hulk the same way, he also fought Tutinax in a similar way. This is because the guys that fight him in these ways bring the fight to him, which does not allow for him to pull off his hammer magic, or any of his other high end tricks. If Thor could not outright defeat the Hulk on his lower levels, how in the world is he supposed to win against the Hulk while he is hundreds of times stronger at the very least? The Hulk would only require one hit or two at the most and it would be all over. You can only use that if he fights smart so many times until you have to come to a realization, that he was fighting smart, he was just fighting a guy, that despite his large size, he's actually fast enough to turn a battle with Thor into a brawl. What else can the Hulk do but get in close? This would be his main goal. Thor will of course oblige as usual, and realize only too late, that this was not the average Hulk that he is used to fighting, right before the darkness comes to claim him. It's only logical.

By fighting smart I mean not melee against someone who is vastly physically superior.

Thor has plenty of options. If Thor goes into the air, the fight is over. Hulk isn't faster by leaping than Thor is maneuvering. Thor can range spam him, rip that nice glowing gamma energy out of him via a power sapping whirl wind or though Mjolnir, use lightning many times more powerful than the savage Hulk dropper, etc. The Hulk wins unquestionably in a physical matchup, but that will only happen if Thor is burdened with CIS. He's not a retard. He knows that a glowing gamma monster that shakes cities by taking steps is not savage Hulk. They've met before.

Stoic
By fighting smart I mean not melee against someone who is vastly physically superior.

Thor has plenty of options. If Thor goes into the air, the fight is over. Hulk isn't faster by leaping than Thor is maneuvering. Thor can range spam him, rip that nice glowing gamma energy out of him via a power sapping whirl wind or though Mjolnir, use lightning many times more powerful than the savage Hulk dropper, etc. The Hulk wins unquestionably in a physical matchup, but that will only happen if Thor is burdened with CIS. He's not a retard. He knows that a glowing gamma monster that shakes cities by taking steps is not savage Hulk. They've met before.

It has been proven that ripping the gamma out of the Hulk will not work. At least not while he is in WB mode. Arm'Cheddon proves this.

Shooting him with borrowed gamma rays will only enhance him further, as seen when FFF launched gamma warheads at him, so this will not work.

Having the ability to fly will come too late due to Thor not knowing exactly how powerful this version of the Hulk is, and will likely go head to head with him.

Thor has hit the Hulk with lightning in the past, and it did not put him down, or out, and again that was the Hulk at a much lower level of resistance, and durability.

Tornadoes and heavy winds will only work as long as the Hulk remains top side, and we all know how well the Hulk can tunnel underground.

Thor will always mix it up, because of his warrior code. When he does, and we all know he will, this is when he will lose. In character Thor will lose to WB Hulk. All of this flying around and stuff? Cmon man, he didn't do this when he fought Nul, and he won't do this when he fights WB Hulk.

Damborgson
It has been proven that ripping the gamma out of the Hulk will not work. At least not while he is in WB mode. Arm'Cheddon proves this.

Shooting him with borrowed gamma rays will only enhance him further, as seen when FFF launched gamma warheads at him, so this will not work.

Having the ability to fly will come too late due to Thor not knowing exactly how powerful this version of the Hulk is, and will likely go head to head with him.

Thor has hit the Hulk with lightning in the past, and it did not put him down, or out, and again that was the Hulk at a much lower level of resistance, and durability.

Tornadoes and heavy winds will only work as long as the Hulk remains top side, and we all know how well the Hulk can tunnel underground.

Thor will always mix it up, because of his warrior code. When he does, and we all know he will, this is when he will lose. In character Thor will lose to WB Hulk. All of this flying around and stuff? Cmon man, he didn't do this when he fought Nul, and he won't do this when he fights WB Hulk.

Someone who isn't on Thor's level of energy absorption doesn't prove no one can do it. If anything can, the hammer that can absorb galaxy busters will do it.

It won't be gamma energy when he shoots it back. It'll be magic.

Again, depending on Thor just deciding to brawl.

Not with anything worth mentioning though. I think it's fair to agree that Thor can pack a lot more power than what it took to KO savage Hulk.

So Thor won't fly but the Hulk will tunnel through the ground to avoid a tornado? Which can uproot the ground so easily it'd be funny to watch?

It's a forum match though. Not a comic book. And I think it's fair to use Thor fighting smart no? It's not like I'm using super degenerate CIS off Thor who would just pick Hulk up in a whirl wind then hit him with a godblast and end it.

But I already said that Thor will lose in a physical match up. That being said, he loses only if he chooses to.

Stoic
Someone who isn't on Thor's level of energy absorption doesn't prove no one can do it. If anything can, the hammer that can absorb galaxy busters will do it.

It won't be gamma energy when he shoots it back. It'll be magic.

Again, depending on Thor just deciding to brawl.

Not with anything worth mentioning though. I think it's fair to agree that Thor can pack a lot more power than what it took to KO savage Hulk.

So Thor won't fly but the Hulk will tunnel through the ground to avoid a tornado? Which can uproot the ground so easily it'd be funny to watch?

It's a forum match though. Not a comic book. And I think it's fair to use Thor fighting smart no? It's not like I'm using super degenerate CIS off Thor who would just pick Hulk up in a whirl wind then hit him with a godblast and end it.

But I already said that Thor will lose in a physical match up. That being said, he loses only if he chooses to.

The energy drain will work, but it will not depower the Hulk, he will continue to amp at will. This was shown a few times from Planet Hulk up until the HOTM event. Either way, this is not something that either of us can prove with 100% certainty, so we should move on.

Thor has shot the Hulk with magical lightning in the past, and the Hulk has resisted it, like when he did in the arctic when Thor fought the Merged Hulk, who was also far inferior to WB Hulk. Thor was not playing around in that fight either.

Thor decided to brawl, because the guy that he was fighting had tremendous burst speeds, which is why Thor could not pull off anything special, because he was not given the precious moments to.

The Savage Hulk was nothing in comparison to WB Hulk. The Savage Hulk could not even beat up Wendigo convincingly, so we can forget about him even coming close to the 50 foot tall Wendigo that was tossed around in Nevada. Rulk with his Loeb powers was beaten by far less than the Hulk when he was in the Dark Dimension. All of those villains that were in HOTM could give Merged Hulk a fight, and Arm'Cheddon would have actually beat him. Look at how easily WB Hulk destroyed him.

Thor is not fighting stupid, when he does not pour on the juice while he is getting into it up close with a guy that is fast enough to stay in his face, and turn the fight into a brawl. It would be logical to even come to the conclusion that if WB Hulk hit Thor hard enough that he could jar that Hammer out of his hand. He would certainly be strong enough to make Thor once again beat himself up while holding the hammer like a weaker version of the Hulk did. And the crazy thing here, is that WB Hulk was very intelligent, unlike the Hulk that did come up with the idea of bashing Thor's face in while he held the hammer.

This fighting with smarts will only work if Thor decides to remain in the sky, and does not engage. We both know that the Hulk will call him a coward, and Thor's warrior spirit will overcome him.

Thor's only means of winning would be through BFR, like he did with Nul.

Naija boy
Thors only hope of winning is if he fights hopelessly out of character and flies so high in order to avoid WBH attacks that he self BFRsn(as long as he is anywhere within battle distances, WBH can hurt him) Otherwise in any sort of regular scenario, he gets annhilated.

keiththegreat
A giant lightning bolt like he used against Chaos King, or a godblast like he used on Zeila, or just destroys the Earth and leaves the Hulk floating in space helplessly, or drains the gamma radiation from him like Tony's satellites....if Thor uses his powers with ANY intelligence whatsoever he wins. If he fights like Thor, he loses.

carver9
This is freaking hilarious. Thor doesn't stand a chance in hell against this Hulk. It's retarded this lasted 4 pages.

carver9
Originally posted by keiththegreat
A giant lightning bolt like he used against Chaos King, or a godblast like he used on Zeila, or just destroys the Earth and leaves the Hulk floating in space helplessly, or drains the gamma radiation from him like Tony's satellites....if Thor uses his powers with ANY intelligence whatsoever he wins. If he fights like Thor, he loses.

Energy drain isn't working and Hulk would have to stand completely still for any of these other moves to work on him. Thor has no chance in hell at beating this Hulk, no matter how much you dislike the character. One punch is all it would take to end this fight and thinking Hulk wouldn't be able to land this blow is ludicrous. WBH stomps 10/10 and with ease.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
This is freaking hilarious. Thor doesn't stand a chance in hell against this Hulk. It's retarded this lasted 4 pages.

I know why this thread lasted this long. It's because it was created before HOTM. It was created in response to WWH stepping feat. Now from HOTM we see clearly Thor has no chance unless he fights extremely out of character. So again this thread shouldn't last to much longer. If it does then I wonder how long would Pre-boot Superman vs. WBH last.

Damborgson
The energy drain will work, but it will not depower the Hulk, he will continue to amp at will. This was shown a few times from Planet Hulk up until the HOTM event. Either way, this is not something that either of us can prove with 100% certainty, so we should move on.

Thor has shot the Hulk with magical lightning in the past, and the Hulk has resisted it, like when he did in the arctic when Thor fought the Merged Hulk, who was also far inferior to WB Hulk. Thor was not playing around in that fight either.

Thor decided to brawl, because the guy that he was fighting had tremendous burst speeds, which is why Thor could not pull off anything special, because he was not given the precious moments to.

The Savage Hulk was nothing in comparison to WB Hulk. The Savage Hulk could not even beat up Wendigo convincingly, so we can forget about him even coming close to the 50 foot tall Wendigo that was tossed around in Nevada. Rulk with his Loeb powers was beaten by far less than the Hulk when he was in the Dark Dimension. All of those villains that were in HOTM could give Merged Hulk a fight, and Arm'Cheddon would have actually beat him. Look at how easily WB Hulk destroyed him.

Thor is not fighting stupid, when he does not pour on the juice while he is getting into it up close with a guy that is fast enough to stay in his face, and turn the fight into a brawl. It would be logical to even come to the conclusion that if WB Hulk hit Thor hard enough that he could jar that Hammer out of his hand. He would certainly be strong enough to make Thor once again beat himself up while holding the hammer like a weaker version of the Hulk did. And the crazy thing here, is that WB Hulk was very intelligent, unlike the Hulk that did come up with the idea of bashing Thor's face in while he held the hammer.

This fighting with smarts will only work if Thor decides to remain in the sky, and does not engage. We both know that the Hulk will call him a coward, and Thor's warrior spirit will overcome him.

Thor's only means of winning would be through BFR, like he did with Nul.

Why wouldn't it? Mjolnir has feats to spare with absorption. Hulk's radiating absorbable gamma energy. There is no reason Thor wouldn't depower him with Mjolnir.

He was a weakened mortal in that fight. And that bolt still wasn't worth shit compared to what he's unleashed before.

He did it so the comic would last. Thor doesn't need precious moments to take to the sky. It's not with the destroyer where he was forced to take a direct hit first. He swings his arm and he's in the sky.

I agree. The difference is power is substantial at the lowest. But the gap in between a brawling Thor, and a Thor who uses his powers to their fullest is larger imo.

Stoic...cmon man. If you're taking let the battle begin seriously then we might as well use Thor beating savage Hulk and thing to death with an arm and and eye missing as well.

Or he throws Mjolnir at him with enough power to harm abstracts...

No. Thor has plenty of means of winning. His only means of losing is brawling tbh. Which like I said, if he did, he would be quickly put down.

Originally posted by keiththegreat

Thor wouldn't blow up a planet to beat the Hulk though lol. But yes he has more than enough resources to beat him.

JakeTheBank
Does Thor have the powers and abilities needed to beat Hulk? Of course he does; just look at all of his fights through out the decades.

The only real issue is if he fights in character, which is going to happen versus Hulk.

Badabing
Originally posted by Igniz
Thor wins.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/Archammer_ds/Come-At-Me-Bro-khal-drogo-23525547-500-282.gif http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2933/2.1.gif

janus77
Odin weeps... no

Hulk casually flicks Thor's head off.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Does Thor have the powers and abilities needed to beat Hulk? Of course he does; just look at all of his fights through out the decades.

The only real issue is if he fights in character, which is going to happen versus Hulk.

With that said, forum rules state that Thor will fight in character. So he loses. There's nothing more to be said to save him here. This thread should be closed. Do you agree?

A better thread would be Thor (CIS off but no bfr) vs. WBH.

Batman-Prime
Thor wins via BFR or via charged Mjolnir through the anus-to-brain highway...

h1a8
^That's out of character for Thor. He doesn't go for the bfr against Hulk right away. And Hulk has withstood forces beyond what Thor has ever emitted.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by h1a8
^That's out of character for Thor. He doesn't go for the bfr against Hulk right away. And Hulk has withstood forces beyond what Thor has ever emitted.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/113992/2170231-2092084_fi_5_oroboros_cps_030_super.jpg

Should he see that Hulk is a tough cookie, he dealt with the Hulk before and knows him to be a mindless and dangerous beast not an honrable warrior like himself, I think it's in his character to bfr him, like this for example.

the Darkone
Thor has too many options against Hulk, Strength for now goes to Hulk everything else Thor. Thor can unleashed Anti-force blast, God-blast, Thermo-Blast, Matter Manipulation, Energy absorption, Warrior Madness, Life Force stealing, Vortex barriers, Mystical lighting, etc.. Thor called down the purist of lightnings that even "Classic Mangog" had too run away or would have been engulfed.

psycho gundam
lol

SamZED
Wow. Havent seen The Darkone in like 3 years.

the Darkone
Originally posted by SamZED
Wow. Havent seen The Darkone in like 3 years.

Ive been here!

SamZED
Originally posted by the Darkone
Ive been here! Well you should log in more often! mad

the Darkone
Originally posted by SamZED
Well you should log in more often! mad

Sorry sad , I log in just for you!

I know you cant wait for the New Metal Gear Games, I nearly wet myself when I saw MGS: Ground Zero and the return of Big Boss!!

SamZED
Originally posted by the Darkone
Sorry sad , I log in just for you!

I know you cant wait for the New Metal Gear Games, I nearly wet myself when I saw MGS: Ground Zero and the return of Big Boss!! Me too!big grin Cant wait.

h1a8
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/113992/2170231-2092084_fi_5_oroboros_cps_030_super.jpg

Should he see that Hulk is a tough cookie, he dealt with the Hulk before and knows him to be a mindless and dangerous beast not an honrable warrior like himself, I think it's in his character to bfr him, like this for example. He only bfred Hulk because he had other things to do. He fought Hulk countless times and never bfred him from the beginning. You must weigh the context of that bfr into his character and compare it to the fight at hand.

-Pr-
It's well within Thor's character to BFR. He might not do it straight away, but it's not like he's going down in one hit.

psycho gundam
he'd be near dead in one hit

you have him collapsing doing the above bfr, and you have hulk oneshot him with his own hammer from one (thor) arm's length

thor has to get exotic just to live (pause)

h1a8
Originally posted by -Pr-
It's well within Thor's character to BFR. He might not do it straight away, but it's not like he's going down in one hit.

Yes but all his bfr has been under certain circumstances. He's a warrior first and will engage in a battle in most circumstances. Also WBH will put him down in one hit, Thor would be lucky to be alive in one hit. Remember Hulk has disintegrated beings WITHOUT TOUCHING THEM. Imagine if WBH touches something. Ability to one shot Thor without touching him means that WBH can apply astronomically more force if he touched Thor.

Badabing
It's well within Thor's character to BFR. He might not do it straight away, but it's not like he's going down in one hit. Your Irish lies and Hulk hate run deep. Hulk WINS!!!111 durhulk

g_hulk

b_hulk

Carver, get in here and straighten everybody out!

DarkSaint85
Wait.

If Thor sees that this Hulk is vastly more superior to any other Hulk he has ever encountered, why wouldn't he BFR?

Especially if he has herald melting energy pouring off him...that alone should give Thor an indicator that he should send him away quickly...

JakeTheBank
If he BFRed Nul-Hulk, there's no reason why he wouldn't BFR Hulk gone Worldbreaker mode. And that was crazy Fraction Thor.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Your Irish lies and Hulk hate run deep. Hulk WINS!!!111 durhulk

g_hulk

b_hulk

Happy Dance

psycho gundam
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wait.

If Thor sees that this Hulk is vastly more superior to any other Hulk he has ever encountered, why wouldn't he BFR?

Especially if he has herald melting energy pouring off him...that alone should give Thor an indicator that he should send him away quickly... thor would be driven to test himself even more, too bad it would result in quadriplegia

If he BFRed Nul-Hulk, there's no reason why he wouldn't BFR Hulk gone Worldbreaker mode. And that was crazy Fraction Thor. 'i can't beat my greatest sparring partner even though he's a "base monster" so i shall forgo my warrior pride and knock him so far away he will take a few minutes to return here". Thor is a shadow of his former self if you think he would repeatedly treat hulk as he does the dread destroyer.

actually, hulk is destroyer level, thor bfr's him justly smile

janus77
What BFR?
Thor dies before he can even get to Hulk.

WBH vaporises Thor from across the battlefield.

Damborgson
What BFR?
Thor dies before he can even get to Hulk.

WBH vaporises Thor from across the battlefield.

Thor isn't bi-beast. He puts Hulk in a red giant before Hulk could hope to try to vaporize him.

carver9
He only bfred Hulk because he had other things to do. He fought Hulk countless times and never bfred him from the beginning. You must weigh the context of that bfr into his character and compare it to the fight at hand.

He bfred Hulk during that scene because he admitted he couldn't beat him. So if you cant beat someone, what's your best choice? To bad he passed the hell out after bfring Hulk and needed to be healed by his father.

This version of Hulk one shot kills him.

Damborgson
He bfred Hulk during that scene because he admitted he couldn't beat him. So if you cant beat someone, what's your best choice? To bad he passed the hell out after bfring Hulk and needed to be healed by his father.

This version of Hulk one shot kills him.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/g007-psyduck.gif

DarkSaint85
Wait, BFRing Nul caused him to pass out?

carver9
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1622/thorvshulkandthing8.jpg

Yes, right after this scene, he falls face first to the ground. Captain America andthe Avengers carry him to Odin for healing. Before this, he states that he can't beat Hulk and never could.

Damborgson
Wait, BFRing Nul caused him to pass out?

No. It was taking on a trans and a high herald at the same time after being abused for several issues and having a cosmic gash in his stomach that continued to grow in pain as time went on.

and Q carver denying it all.

DarkSaint85
Was Thor at 100% going into the fight?

carver9

He was bfred by the Serpent and he did have the scar on his chest BUT this scar didn't seem to have any type of affect on him since before this fight he was curbing Surfer and damaging Galactus.

Damborgson

Nope. damage from Serpent, Odin, jail time, and that gash that never healed all accompanied him into that fight.

Mindset
Was Thor at 100% going into the fight? 110%

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he'd be near dead in one hit

you have him collapsing doing the above bfr, and you have hulk oneshot him with his own hammer from one (thor) arm's length

thor has to get exotic just to live (pause)

I don't think one hit will do that much damage (as in, that level of damage, as opposed to very little). Even so, Hulk still has the obvious advantage.

Yes but all his bfr has been under certain circumstances. He's a warrior first and will engage in a battle in most circumstances. Also WBH will put him down in one hit, Thor would be lucky to be alive in one hit. Remember Hulk has disintegrated beings WITHOUT TOUCHING THEM. Imagine if WBH touches something. Ability to one shot Thor without touching him means that WBH can apply astronomically more force if he touched Thor.

You need to re-read the rules on people fighting in character.

Your Irish lies and Hulk hate run deep. Hulk WINS!!!111 durhulk

g_hulk

b_hulk

lol.

He was bfred by the Serpent and he did have the scar on his chest BUT this scar didn't seem to have any type of affect on him since before this fight he was curbing Surfer and damaging Galactus.

Shut up.

carver9
I don't think one hit will do that much damage (as in, that level of damage, as opposed to very little). Even so, Hulk still has the obvious advantage.

You need to re-read the rules on people fighting in character.

lol.

Shut up.

Hahahahahaha... laughing out loud ...don't hate the truth.

Starscream M

Shut up. that's kinda rude coming from a mod erm

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
that's kinda rude coming from a mod erm I agree, let's report him.

-Pr-
Hahahahahaha... laughing out loud ...don't hate the truth.

Then start speaking it.

that's kinda rude coming from a mod erm

Not really; it's a proportionate response.

psycho gundam
that's kinda rude coming from a mod erm nope

DarkSaint85

Wait, so he was injured, was fighting Surfer (and curbstomping him), and fighting Galactus, then killed Angrir and then was fighting an amped Savage Hulk (who can fight evenly with Thor H2H), THEN collapsed after BFRing in a huge ass lightning bolt?

Reported for highballing Thor.

I'd say collapsing after a fight counts as an effect, anyway.

carver9
Wait, so he was injured, was fighting Surfer (and curbstomping him), and fighting Galactus, then killed Angrir and then was fighting an amped Savage Hulk (who can fight evenly with Thor H2H), THEN collapsed after BFRing in a huge ass lightning bolt?

Reported for highballing Thor.

I'd say collapsing after a fight counts as an effect, anyway.

All of that didn't happen back to back, crazy.

Badabing
that's kinda rude coming from a mod erm Originally posted by -Pr-
Shut up.

iceman24567

thumb up
and carvers lowballing is at ridiculous levels atm

DarkSaint85

Oh. OK. So he hurt (or affected) Galactus, but passed out from BFRing Hulk, but with the same wound? Or would you say, the wound was festering, so as time went on, it weakened him further?

Because if its the same wound, and he passed out from fighting Nul but not curbing Surfer/fighting Galactus.....then Nul>Galactus.

Hmmm.

carver9
Oh. OK. So he hurt (or affected) Galactus, but passed out from BFRing Hulk, but with the same wound? Or would you say, the wound was festering, so as time went on, it weakened him further?

No, he used more power against Hulk to accomplish his ft because he knew he couldn't beat him (from Thor own mouth).

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8383/thorvshulkandthing6.jpg

Him admitting that he couldn't beat Hulk and never could made it more concrete.

Damborgson

yes the wound was getting worse over time. Thor said the pain grew as time went on.

Stoic
^ He was hurt, and it's logical to think that his wound had further degraded his condition, but at the same time, it can not be ignored that Thor has gone at it with the Hulk in the past, and in a few of those fights, he wasn't holding back. That was also a Hulk at a far lower level of power. Now if Thor had that much trouble with a Hulk that could not convincingly defeat Wendigo, or Bi-Beast, and was defeated by Arm'Cheddon's son Trauma who happened to be inferior to his father, what does that say about Thor's chances of drawing even when he would fight the Hulk in character? He'd lose right?

DarkSaint85
Ah, right, I see. Didn't quite see where Thor said that he used more power than against Big G, but I guess it was off-comic.

So he put in less effort, and affected G, but in you opinion, the gash in his side didn't affect him in any way?

Damborgson
^ He was hurt, and it's logical to think that his wound had further degraded his condition, but at the same time, it can not be ignored that Thor has gone at it with the Hulk in the past, and in a few of those fights, he wasn't holding back. That was also a Hulk at a far lower level of power. Now if Thor had that much trouble with a Hulk that could not convincingly defeat Wendigo, or Bi-Beast, and was defeated by Arm'Cheddon's son Trauma who happened to be inferior to his father, what does that say about Thor's chances of drawing even when he would fight the Hulk in character? He'd lose right?

If he chose to fight hand to hammer so that the Hulk could win yes, hulk would win. Not if he fought with the best of his ability though.

DarkSaint85

He would, but again, this ignores the opinion that Thor, knowing that he couldn't beat a weaker Hulk (Nul), and being buffeted by the energies coming off WBH, would just BFR him. I mean, these two have tangoed long enough to know what's what.

If it was a comic, and they had to fight for more than a few panels, then yes, Thor and WBH would duke it out, and yes, Thor would lose horribly.

carver9
Ah, right, I see. Didn't quite see where Thor said that he used more power than against Big G, but I guess it was off-comic.

So he put in less effort, and affected G, but in you opinion, the gash in his side didn't affect him in any way?

Uuuummm, its pretty obvious. He was glowing like a freaking Super Saiyan before hitting Hulk and had a big, Chaos King Blast after the attack, along with enough energy that laid waste to a city block. He just flew into Galactus which is completely different than what he did against Hulk.

Stoic

I said that his condition had degraded his condition from the time that he initially received it from whatever that organism was that gave it to him. But we can not forget his past wars with the Hulk in the past can we? Nor can we ignore the fact that he had grown so powerful that guys that used to give him a hard time could not affect him with any of their assaults.

DarkSaint85
Uuuummm, its pretty obvious. He was glowing like a freaking Super Saiyan before hitting Hulk and had a big, Chaos King Blast after the attack, along with enough energy that laid waste to a city block. He just flew into Galactus which is completely different than what he did against Hulk.

It was when you joined the two sentences together to make it seem like it came from Thor's own mouth, that's all.

DarkSaint85
I said that his condition had degraded his condition from the time that he initially received it from whatever that organism was that gave it to him. But we can not forget his past wars with the Hulk in the past can we? Nor can we ignore the fact that he had grown so powerful that guys that used to give him a hard time could not affect him with any of their assaults.

Soz, that was in reply to carver. I really should start quoting more...

Stoic
If he chose to fight hand to hammer so that the Hulk could win yes, hulk would win. Not if he fought with the best of his ability though.

Thor always fights this way when his opponent is up close and personal. He has done this so many times that no one can place the "He was not fighting smart sticker" on him. The Hulk isn't slow by any stretch, and he has always managed to close the distance between himself and Thor. Thor may be able to win if he decided to fight like a pansy, and flew off every time that the Hulk drew in close, but he would never ignore the Hulk's taunts. It's not in his character to be called a coward, and not step up to the plate. This isn't Thor how we want him to fight, but Thor in character.

Stoic
Soz, that was in reply to carver. I really should start quoting more...

I realized this once I looked up.

Damborgson
Thor always fights this way when his opponent is up close and personal. He has done this so many times that no one can place the "He was not fighting smart sticker" on him. The Hulk isn't slow by any stretch, and he has always managed to close the distance between himself and Thor. Thor may be able to win if he decided to fight like a pansy, and flew off every time that the Hulk drew in close, but he would never ignore the Hulk's taunts. It's not in his character to be called a coward, and not step up to the plate. This isn't Thor how we want him to fight, but Thor in character.

Of course someone can. Let's not pretend here that Thor using his reality warping weapon as a club against someone who is limited to physical combat is anything but cis to make the comic last longer. Of course Thor gets horribly wrecked if he goes up against someone of WBH's strength caliber as if he were savage Hulk. He'd be killed sooner than later. But that will only happen if he chooses to.

His storms wreck planets while being in different realities. If he chooses to stop the melee, he will win. There is no question.

DarkSaint85
If it was Thor vs Juggernaut (Cain), would Thor try to go up close and personal, or would he use BFR, knowing who the Juggernaut is?

And especially as Thor KNOWS, and from carver's scan (thanks carver), acknowledges, that he cannot beat Hulk without BFR - WHY would he try to go up against an even more powerful foe than the one he couldn't beat?

Stoic
The Hulk's punches wrecked planets without actually hitting the planet, so I doubt that very strong winds will do anything outside of BFRing the Hulk. His only chance at a win will be by BFR, because I have yet to see Thor bring the Hulk at this level down with a lightning strike. Other things have to also be considered here, such as the Hulk logical scientific mind, and ability to use area assaults, or terrain to his advantage. The Hulk's only chance is to get close enough to Thor, and this is something that he will be thinking on until he is able to get within reach. If this happens then it is over. I can see your point, so don't think that I can't. If Thor manages to keep the Hulk away from him, he would win. This however would be very difficult for him to do. The Hulk at his more common showings can leap at mach 4-5 due to the strength in his legs alone, so it is completely logical, that if his legs are stronger, that he would be able to attain speeds equal to his increase in leg strength. Moving several times the speed of a bullet is pretty hard to move out of the way of.

Stoic
If it was Thor vs Juggernaut (Cain), would Thor try to go up close and personal, or would he use BFR, knowing who the Juggernaut is?

And especially as Thor KNOWS, and from carver's scan (thanks carver), acknowledges, that he cannot beat Hulk without BFR - WHY would he try to go up against an even more powerful foe than the one he couldn't beat?

Thor could not ever know how strong the Hulk was from one moment to the next though, as his strength is not a constant. How in the world would he know what this world breaker strength was until impact? He wouldn't.

DarkSaint85
But he can see (or at least, feel) the insane amounts of herald melting energy rolling off WBH, right? I'm not saying Thor just tanks it, but he'd be able to feel the sheer power coming off WBH.

Damborgson
The Hulk's punches wrecked planets without actually hitting the planet, so I doubt that very strong winds will do anything outside of BFRing the Hulk. His only chance at a win will be by BFR, because I have yet to see Thor bring the Hulk at this level down with a lightning strike. Other things have to also be considered here, such as the Hulk logical scientific mind, and ability to use area assaults, or terrain to his advantage. The Hulk's only chance is to get close enough to Thor, and this is something that he will be thinking on until he is able to get within reach. If this happens then it is over. I can see your point, so don't think that I can't. If Thor manages to keep the Hulk away from him, he would win. This however would be very difficult for him to do. The Hulk at his more common showings can leap at mach 4-5 due to the strength in his legs alone, so it is completely logical, that if his legs are stronger, that he would be able to attain speeds equal to his increase in leg strength. Moving several times the speed of a bullet is pretty hard to move out of the way of.

That compares to devastating planets while being in another dimension? They'd rough him up something fierce. Same with the ones used on Glory.

Thor has more than lighting at this disposal though. And Hulk hasn't felt Thor's best either.

ok good to know we're on the same page thumb up

Hulk can jump as fast he wants, but Thor is more maneuverable than Hulk is quick imo. and a jump at that speed would result with Hulk either being exposed or going off planet. Something I wouldn't think Banner of doing.

Naija boy
CIS isnt indicated to be off in this fight from what ive seen so basically Thor gets annihilated....in very few hits. Prior to BFring Hulk Thor will at least mix it up a bit and test the waters. That is all that will be needed for WBH to tag him once or twice and end this fight. Even a thunderclap would do serious damage to Thor (and likely ko him) as we would be talking about a thunderclap that would be enormously greater than the one used to lay out a Rulk highly amped of WWHs energies.

-Pr-

laughing out loud

You're desperate to make Thor look bad even when in a direct confrontation, this Hulk would beat him.

That's just petty.

Stoic
That compares to devastating planets while being in another dimension? They'd rough him up something fierce. Same with the ones used on Glory.

Thor has more than lighting at this disposal though. And Hulk hasn't felt Thor's best either.

ok good to know we're on the same page thumb up

Hulk can jump as fast he wants, but Thor is more maneuverable than Hulk is quick imo. and a jump at that speed would result with Hulk either being exposed or going off planet. Something I wouldn't think Banner of doing.

The Hulk can change direction in mid leap, and by the time you hear the bang of a bullet you are already hit. The Hulk would by logic, be traveling at a rate of speed that would be greater than any bullet., so there is a very good chance that he would actually reach Thor. Let's face it though, Thor would fight him on a physical level, because that's what Thor does. This is even more true when the Hulk spouts words like coward, and you're too afraid to come down here and face me. Anti blasts, and G blasts are certainly a possibility, but there is no proof that these would stop the Hulk at this level, and soul destroy took him time when he did this to Loki as he had to pray or invoke the power. This is time that he would not be given unless this was some sort of DBZ scene.

Stoic
But he can see (or at least, feel) the insane amounts of herald melting energy rolling off WBH, right? I'm not saying Thor just tanks it, but he'd be able to feel the sheer power coming off WBH.

Sorry about that man, I gotta crash early day and all. If Thor sensed this he would likely just say screw this, and say your outta here, as he sends him to whatever realm he so chose.

Damborgson
The Hulk can change direction in mid leap, and by the time you hear the bang of a bullet you are already hit. The Hulk would by logic, be traveling at a rate of speed that would be greater than any bullet., so there is a very good chance that he would actually reach Thor. Let's face it though, Thor would fight him on a physical level, because that's what Thor does. This is even more true when the Hulk spouts words like coward, and you're too afraid to come down here and face me. Anti blasts, and G blasts are certainly a possibility, but there is no proof that these would stop the Hulk at this level, and soul destroy took him time when he did this to Loki as he had to pray or invoke the power. This is time that he would not be given unless this was some sort of DBZ scene.

...how does that work? If Thor evades to the side, hulk will need to do a 90 degree or sharper change to get to him.

Bullets aren't big shakes to Thor. Nor thank shells, missiles or any other human weaponry really. The chances of Thor getting hit by a jumping Hulk are less than Thor simply side stepping him.

Or it pisses Thor off so much he throws his hammer at him with enough power to harm abstracts. *shrug*

The godblast would one shot kill Hulk. Lets not get crazy here. the weakest being it crippled was substantially > Odin.

It took him only a couple words for the soul destroying to work. But thats something he'd use even less than the godblast in character.

Stoic
...how does that work? If Thor evades to the side, hulk will need to do a 90 degree or sharper change to get to him.

Bullets aren't big shakes to Thor. Nor thank shells, missiles or any other human weaponry really. The chances of Thor getting hit by a jumping Hulk are less than Thor simply side stepping him.

Or it pisses Thor off so much he throws his hammer at him with enough power to harm abstracts. *shrug*

The godblast would one shot kill Hulk. Lets not get crazy here. the weakest being it crippled was substantially > Odin.

It took him only a couple words for the soul destroying to work. But thats something he'd use even less than the godblast in character.

Thunderclaps have been used in the past to slow and allow him to change direction. This was done by a really stupid Hulk as well.

The Hulk uses strength to leap at speeds as great as bullets, so it would be logical that he would be able to leap at even greater speeds if he possessed even greater strength.

Thor has tossed his hammer at the Hulk before, and he wasn't playing around, and this did not put the Hulk out. He just came back for more.

I have never seen the G Blast put the Hulk down, but I know that Cain laughed it off, so there is a great chance that the Hulk would survive it, despite it having hurt a being of greater stature than Cain.

Words that he would not have the time to say. This is why he does not use his most exotic moves in a fight, because the guys that he is fighting are actually fast enough to reach at speeds greater than sound. Well anyways, I gotta crash man. Another time.

Damborgson
Thunderclaps have been used in the past to slow and allow him to change direction. This was done by a really stupid Hulk as well.

The Hulk uses strength to leap at speeds as great as bullets, so it would be logical that he would be able to leap at even greater speeds if he possessed even greater strength.

Thor has tossed his hammer at the Hulk before, and he wasn't playing around, and this did not put the Hulk out. He just came back for more.

I have never seen the G Blast put the Hulk down, but I know that Cain laughed it off, so there is a great chance that the Hulk would survive it, despite it having hurt a being of greater stature than Cain.

Words that he would not have the time to say. This is why he does not use his most exotic moves in a fight, because the guys that he is fighting are actually fast enough to reach at speeds greater than sound. Well anyways, I gotta crash man. Another time.

Thor flying still seems more likely than Hulk thunderclapping his way into Thor.

Which would launch him off planet before they hit Thor.

Thor can toss it a lot harder than when he's tossed it at Hulk before. Ask Phoenix Force.

That Thor was so weak he could barely lift a house. And Cain had his shields, which even then didn't let him laugh anything off since Thor overpowered his enchantment with the weakest G blast ever performed due to his weakness at the time. It was a testament to Juggy's shields. The Hulk will be blown to bits.

Nor would he. Masterson Thor resulted because Thor broke the code of never using that soul absorbing attack.

His versatility lets him take care of that aspect though. And the Hulk despite his leaping capability isn't a speedster.

ok, night then. cya around.

janus77
Thor hasn't a chance. Even "BFR" is ridiculous, given the energy projection and power WBH has.

This is just fanboyism from the Thor fans, overly defensive due to the dozens of KOs Thor has received of late.

There's just no way someone of Thor's level could live with WBH, not on the same planet, not even in the same solar system by the looks of things.

One ThunderClap and Thor's literally atomised.

JakeTheBank
Thor hasn't a chance. Even "BFR" is ridiculous, given the energy projection and power WBH has.

This is just fanboyism from the Thor fans, overly defensive due to the dozens of KOs Thor has received of late.

There's just no way someone of Thor's level could live with WBH, not on the same planet, not even in the same solar system by the looks of things.

One ThunderClap and Thor's literally atomised.

He's BFRed Surtur and Ymir at the same time. barker

And he's also shown he can BFR beings in an instant without any buildup or purple prose.

So the idea that he can't BFR Hulk because he'd be "too powerful" is ridiculous because he's already BFRed two entities more powerful than he is. And the idea he'd be too slow to do anything about it is ridiculous considering he can literally make a gesture and poof! targets are gone. And the idea it would be OOC for Thor to BFR to begin with is likewise out of the window considering all the times he's done a BFR.

So considering all of these, how is it ridiculous for Thor to BFR Hulk or how does it qualify as "defensive fanboyism" (lol btw)?

janus77
He's BFRed Surtur and Ymir at the same time. barker

And he's also shown he can BFR beings in an instant without any buildup or purple prose.

So the idea that he can't BFR Hulk because he'd be "too powerful" is ridiculous because he's already BFRed two entities more powerful than he is. And the idea he'd be too slow to do anything about it is ridiculous considering he can literally make a gesture and poof! targets are gone. And the idea it would be OOC for Thor to BFR to begin with is likewise out of the window considering all the times he's done a BFR.

So considering all of these, how is it ridiculous for Thor to BFR Hulk or how does it qualify as "defensive fanboyism" (lol btw)?
1. You misunderstood my argument
2. Show me scans of Thor bfring somebody with a "gesture", as I've never seen him do it.
3. Hulk IS faster to react than Thor, always has been, it's how he keeps on top of Thor ALL THE TIME. EVERY TIME.
4. Hulk's reaction speeds are far in-excess of QS, they're more than capable of grabbing Surfer on his board or Jack Of Hearts, from a standstill.
5. Hulk unleashing like he does in "WBH mode", creates planet-wide and greater area of effect energy projections. Projections that completely annihilate (instantly at that) beings in Thor's weight class (and far far greater - Fing Fang Foom for example).

Thor has neither the distance needed to be safe from WBH's energy projection nor the durability to power through. And he cannot hurt him.

So, basically Thor is screwed here.

JakeTheBank
1. You misunderstood my argument
2. Show me scans of Thor bfring somebody with a "gesture", as I've never seen him do it.
3. Hulk IS faster to react than Thor, always has been, it's how he keeps on top of Thor ALL THE TIME. EVERY TIME.
4. Hulk's reaction speeds are far in-excess of QS, they're more than capable of grabbing Surfer on his board or Jack Of Hearts, from a standstill.
5. Hulk unleashing like he does in "WBH mode", creates planet-wide and greater area of effect energy projections. Projections that completely annihilate (instantly at that) beings in Thor's weight class (and far far greater - Fing Fang Foom for example).

Thor has neither the distance needed to be safe from WBH's energy projection nor the durability to power through. And he cannot hurt him.

So, basically Thor is screwed here.

1. Your argument is that even BFR is ridiculous for Thor, given WBH's power and energy projection.

2. Can't really make an argument explicitly against a character's ability if you're unaware how said ability works. He's BFRed an entire group of villians with a single lightning bolt, and merely tapped Mjolnir on the ground to BFR Cap and Tony from Asgard back to Earth. He's BFRed in the form of energy beams and rippling portals and tears in time/space.

3. When it comes to melee, possibly. He's not faster than Thor's ability to point and click, which is basically all he has to do.

4. Thor's more than capable of striking Quicksilver, interrupting the likes of Hyperion and Sentry midflight, and knocking Surfer off of his board.

5. Mjolnir absorbs/blocks/defends against energy of virtually all forms.

Thor's hurt more powerful beings than Hulk, ergo, he can hurt Hulk. He's certainly not beyond Thor's means to damage; that's ridiculous especially when you look at everyone Thor can and has hurt before.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>