Iori Yagami vs Samus Aran

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyner
Iori Yagami
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/theshortgamer/kof11-iori-yagami.jpg

vs

Samus Aran
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/theshortgamer/Samus_Aran.jpg

My friend suggested that Iori > Samus but since I know nothing about the guy, I leave it to those who do.

Demonic Phoenix
WUT?

Since no stipulations were mentioned, I presume Samus gets her regular equipment and so she vaporizes Iori without batting an eye-lid.

Ridley_Prime
Am I the only one who hates that Samus pic out of the fact the face/hair looks nothing like her?

Demonic Phoenix
No I hate it too. Mostly because the shoulders of her armor look so freaking ghey when her helmet is off.

The Scenario
http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Iori#Powers

Martial arts and pyrokinesis, but not immune to fire. He doesn't sound like much of a threat to Samus.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Cyner
Iori Yagami
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/theshortgamer/kof11-iori-yagami.jpg

vs

Samus Aran
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/theshortgamer/Samus_Aran.jpg

My friend suggested that Iori > Samus but since I know nothing about the guy, I leave it to those who do.

lITBGjNEp08

Seriously, Samus's suit survives Magma. Iori's Magatama Pyrokinesis wouldn't even be felt. And as for martial arts and his Iron Claw style, he wouldn't even be able to chip the paint off...

This is a mismatch of quite epic proportions

Peach
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Am I the only one who hates that Samus pic out of the fact the face/hair looks nothing like her?

It's a fanart. And her appearance does seem to change with every game, so...

Esomark
Iori either gets blasted or screw attacked. All he can do here is choose which one.

Phanteros
Samus tears him apart.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Peach
It's a fanart. And her appearance does seem to change with every game, so...

But it's also a tracing, so it's actually another girl's face. The suit isn't, of course.

raikiri
i dont know what to say,

this VS doesnt make much sense to me, you can pit a fighter against a fighter. a shooter against a shooter. but a fighter against a shooter will always be like bringing a knife to a gunfight. except few other cases of course. but this is not that case. anyhow, iori loses this one hands down.

but since i like him ALOT! i want him to retain some respect even after losing this.

whatever iori is capable, he is capable of doing it with his bare hands and in his common clothes. now, can samus stand a chance against iori without her equipment and armor? wink

Thats how disproportioned this VS is...

Phanteros
Originally posted by raikiri
i dont know what to say,

this VS doesnt make much sense to me, you can pit a fighter against a fighter. a shooter against a shooter. but a fighter against a shooter will always be like bringing a knife to a gunfight. except few other cases of course. but this is not that case. anyhow, iori loses this one hands down.

but since i like him ALOT! whatever iori is capable, he is capable of doing it with his bare hands and in his common clothes. now, can samus stand a chance against iori without her equipment and armor? wink

Thats how disproportioned this VS is... Samus is genetically enhance the only difference is her fire power and durablity will slightly be be low.

raikiri
Originally posted by Phanteros
Samus is genetically enhance the only difference is her fire power and durablity will slightly be be low.

oh, so you are trying to say that in a 1-on-1 fight with out any armor, weapons or equipment, using just raw fighting skills. samus can beat iori? LOL id love to see that... but its not possible so i cant. sad

RE: Blaxican
Samus got clocked by a lol ice beam. Iori stomps.

Darkstorm Zero
But Iori doesn't have an icebeam... shifty

Prove it.

shifty

lol. Scenario, it's a trap.

The Scenario
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Samus got clocked by a lol ice beam. Iori stomps.

No, Samus got clocked by a lol Adam beam. Iori just doesn't have the authority necessary to get into Samus' pants suit.

raikiri
well its simple... with her armor and gun, iori doesnt stand a chance... without it... samus doesnt stand a chance...

so i dont know, it can be called a tie or something... or simply not a fair VS thread.

The Scenario
well its simple... with her armor and gun, iori doesnt stand a chance... without it... samus doesnt stand a chance...

so i dont know, it can be called a tie or something... or simply not a fair VS thread.

I'm interested in Zero Suit Samus vs. Iori now. So, what can he do?

raikiri
Originally posted by The Scenario
I'm interested in Zero Suit Samus vs. Iori now. So, what can he do?

ok in order to answer that i had to do some research on zero suit.

so basically zero suit is the version that only allows her to be agile and acrobatic while increasing her vulnerability tenfolds. it gives her a stun gun AKA the paralyzer stick out tongue

well i dont see anything there that iori cant counter, he is not acrobatic but he is very flexible and as for agility, i think he is among the most agile characters in fighting games. than comes the matter of strength, as far as i could pull out the information, she can engage in physical combat, using kicks and wrestling tactics, but she doesnt have a any abnormal strength. again, nothing threatening there for iori.

i think in her zero suit she is a bit like black widow(marvel) wielding a stun gun. as for iori, he has defeated(or assisted in defeating) probably the most fighters (canonically) than any other fighter in the kof roster. and by defeat i dont mean K.O or something, he pretty much kills his opponents.

Eiji, Billy kane, vice, mature, seth are just a list of people he has beaten single handedly. the first pair being beaten by him in a 2 on 1 match and the second pair killed.

than he assisted in defeating pretty much every canonical boss in kof

Omega Rugal, Goenitz, Orochi, Igniz

i dont think as a fighter, samus aran comes even close to the people mentioned above. come to think of it, she bears some resemblance to this girl in KOF.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080213013036/snk/images/b/b7/Lien-mi2x.jpg

crimson_2010
Eiji, Billy kane, vice, mature, seth are just a list of people he has beaten single handedly. the first pair being beaten by him in a 2 on 1 match and the second pair killed.

than he assisted in defeating pretty much every canonical boss in kof

Omega Rugal, Goenitz, Orochi, Igniz

i dont think as a fighter, samus aran comes even close to the people mentioned above. come to think of it, she bears some resemblance to this girl in KOF.

Iori by himself can murder a whole team ( like his own team in 2001).
he didn't assist Kyo in order to defeat Omega Rugal though...

as for this topic, Iori can put a decent fight even though he would lose.

raikiri
Originally posted by crimson_2010
Iori by himself can murder a whole team ( like his own team in 2001).
he didn't assist Kyo in order to defeat Omega Rugal though...

as for this topic, Iori can put a decent fight even though he would lose.

well you might be right about the rugal thing, but... he didnt murder his team in 2001, not that i know of :P i only remember him killing seth. but anyhow thats not the point. like i said before. in standard suit, samus wins and with zero suit, iori.

The Scenario
ok in order to answer that i had to do some research on zero suit.

so basically zero suit is the version that only allows her to be agile and acrobatic while increasing her vulnerability tenfolds. it gives her a stun gun AKA the paralyzer stick out tongue

Eh, close enough. The Zero Suit does keep Samus' energy tanks and shielding, which can take a few blasts of plasma.

Untrue. Even without the suit, Samus is superhumanly strong. For instance, at the age of five, Samus jumps off a cliff,
http://metroid-database.com/manga/?vid=19&cid=61#manga_top
And then not only lands unharmed, she leaves a crater in the ground.
http://metroid-database.com/manga/?vid=19&cid=61#manga_top

Just as the text said, Samus was essentially a bioweapon.
http://metroid-database.com/manga/?vid=19&cid=56#manga_top
She's infused with Chozo DNA, which allows her to survive in situations and environments lethal to ordinary humans.

Unfortunately, in order for this to be impressive, I would have to know who those people are. How powerful are they? When I asked for what Iori could do, I wanted to know how strong or fast he was, not how many people he could beat.

Okay, but that still doesn't tell me what I need to know. Has Iori ever demonstrated superhuman strength or speed? What's the best thing his fire has burned through? Can he compare to a lightning shooting ghost?

iBU5W8K-qXc

Or an exploding ship?

CR-1Q-m99GI

3:25

Sin_Volvagia
LOL

Someone thinks Iori can beat Samus.

laughing laughing laughing

This reminds me of Ryu vs. Megaman but without the trolling.

Insomnia1234
Samus...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.