Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
SF3 is back by popular demand! Now the New Generation, no pun Ntended, can experience the 2D masterpiece, that N many ways, is still unrivaled 2 day.

http://thevirtualunderground.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/sf3oe.jpg

This game is far over due.

§P0oONY
Overdue my foot.

Zack Fair
Yeah I am glad it will come out.

SaTsuJiN
yeah this is gonna be awesome~

I'm even worse at this than SF4, kekekekke big grin

are they gonna use GGPO?

I'd also say that (even though I have the utmost respect for this game), that I like Garou a lil better.. still, 3s is bad ass

Zack Fair
Would love it if they nerfed the shit out of Chun and Yun.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
SF3 is back by popular demand! Now the New Generation, no pun Ntended, can experience the 2D masterpiece, that N many ways, is still unrivaled 2 day.

This game is far over due.

IMO, the best FIGHTING GAME EVER CREATED (yes, even better than II). 2D, 3D, it doesn't even matter. A few come close but nothing stands next to it or above it.
Just got my ass kicked in this at the arcade for a few hours just yesterday.

I just wanna know is this gonna be in HD, cuz if it is, we got a loooooong wait.

Just a few things I would like to see.

- Make it like Hyper S

No End N Site
-edit-

Also, just a few things I would like to see.

- Make it like Hyper SFA or SFII where you can select what version of SFIII you want your character to be from. You don't even need to phuck with the balance.

- If it aint too much trouble, allow players to pick stages from past games.

- Allow music to be played from all the past SFIIIs as well as the 3rd Strike soundtrack.

Basically make the game Hyper SFIII. Hell, I'd be more than glad if it were just a perfect port. It doesn't really matter.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by No End N Site
You don't even need to phuck with the balance.

Where the game is now is fine but they could buff the bottom tier. The team doesn't have 2 nerf the top but just buffing Necro, Twelve, Remy, Q, and Sean would make this game perfect.

Given SF's return 2 mainstream, I can C a wider audience playing this game and new things R always discovered win more people R playing.

And no Gill N VS Mode.

No End N Site
The thing is, as much as I luv this game, I can't parry for shit. My fingers are just so damn sucky. Now my Mix-Up, well...it's not too shabby.

Also, as far as this game goes...

http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Street_Fighter_3:_3rd_Strike

This is what you wanna look too. SRK and Event hubs are Ultra informative. To bad the communities are made up of 70% terrible people.

Tha C-Master
This game is great although I prefer Capcom vs SNK 2 more personally.

Demonic Phoenix
IMO, the best FIGHTING GAME EVER CREATED (yes, even better than II). 2D, 3D, it doesn't even matter. A few come close but nothing stands next to it or above it.
Just got my ass kicked in this at the arcade for a few hours just yesterday.

I just wanna know is this gonna be in HD, cuz if it is, we got a loooooong wait.

Just a few things I would like to see.

- Make it like Hyper S

I dunno. Guilty Gear games are incredibly good as well if you are talking about technical depth. When it comes to being revolutionary, SFII was far better than III.

Anyway, I do hope they make it a completely new release on the consoles in HD. Letting us choose the characters & stages from the 2 previous versions (NG & DI) would be ossum. I hope they also balance out certain overpowered characters. >__>

No End N Site
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I dunno. Guilty Gear games are incredibly good as well if you are talking about technical depth.

Yeah, but the GGs are spazz games and don't require much thought. There's alotta options but not as much to really think about. Ya'know what I mean? It's like a lenient Marvel VS Capcom.

When it comes to being revolutionary, SFII was far better than III.

When it comes to what was more revolutionary, nothin' even holds a candle to II, but SFIII is still the better game, IMO. There is a reason why SFIII, II and IV are at EVO at the same time. People just can't hang it up...cuz all the SFs are hot! Different strokes for different folks.

Zack Fair

There is a reason why SFIII, II and IV are at EVO at the same time. People just can't hang it up...cuz all the SFs are hot! Different strokes for different folks.

Words with more truth have never been said. thumbsup

No End N Site
Lol, they should just go ahead and redo SFI.

SaTsuJiN
speaking of which.. Ryu's SuperIV 3rd alt costume is gross.. they shoulda just gave him the damn red shoes if they were gonna be 'that' lazy

No End N Site
I actually like it. I'm gonna call'im "Gangsta Ryu".

SaTsuJiN
well I think the thing is that they just dont know what to do in terms of making new outfits for him.. he hasnt really ever worn anything else

I personally liked falcoons idea for KOFMI2.. where he had some characters alternate outfits as Cosplays of other characters

Zack Fair
They should give Ryu a tuxedo and call him Mr. Ryu Agent DP license to mash

No End N Site
That alt. would be made of pure win.

Classic NES
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
This game is great although I prefer Capcom vs SNK 2 more personally.

It's starting to grow on me C. CVS is a really good game. Who's your main btw?

cdtm
The thing is, as much as I luv this game, I can't parry for shit. My fingers are just so damn sucky. Now my Mix-Up, well...it's not too shabby.

Good to know I'm not the only one that sucks out there... I'm a natural at mix ups, but anything that involves complicated strings of combo's or memorization, reading frames, system exploits, ect...?

Every time I get the urge to up my game, I visit the online forums and see them talking about stuff way over my head.

Then I just go back to God Hand. The AI kicks my ass, but at least it can't gloat. ^_^;

Demonic Phoenix
^ I assume No-End knows plenty about frame-data, combo opportunities, i.e. advanced mechanics and such. He simply sucks at parrying.

Personally speaking, even with excellent reflexes, you cannot parry every ('parryable') attack in SFIII. You have to be good at reading your opponent. I have excellent reflexes, but I suck at reading the way my opponent uses his/her character.

No End N Site
^ I assume No-End knows plenty about frame-data, combo opportunities, i.e. advanced mechanics and such. He simply sucks at parrying.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

^ Personally speaking, even with excellent reflexes, you cannot parry every ('parryable') attack in SFIII. You have to be good at reading your opponent. I have excellent reflexes, but I suck at reading the way my opponent uses his/her character.

Sorta the same thing for me. I know how to do it and when to do it but my reflexes just suck. My hands can't keep up with my mind. But I don't see a need to feel terrible about it cuz any pro will tell you that the road to a parry master aint easy. Still, don't get me wrong, I can parry a lil bit.

cdtm
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Ah, no offense intended.

So, anyone here play competitively? Never have myself, but that's because there's really no arcades worth going to in my area.. Put it this way: Half the parking lot in the closest arcade is overgrown with weeds.

No End N Site
I go to the arcade to play at least once a week. It be packed up in there tho, so it's like, once you go down, you gotta wait in a long ass line to jump back in. Who knew so many people played fighting games? The arcade I go to has A LOT of old school fighters.

Still, I wouldn't say I play "competitively". I aint good, at all.

Frisky Dingo
I go to the arcade to play at least once a week. It be packed up in there tho, so it's like, once you go down, you gotta wait in a long ass line to jump back in. Who knew so many people played fighting games? The arcade I go to has A LOT of old school fighters.

Ah, Brunswick Zone, a wonderful place.

Every SF Xcept 4. I think they even have SF1

Tekken 1-4 and Tag.

Soul Blade and Calibur.

KOF 94-2000

They have bunches of other games there too, like the Samurai Showdowns, MKs, DOAs and other stuff. Even rare games like Rage Of Dragons. It's like heaven. Haven't been in a while.

No End N Site
You think the PSP can handle the ARC version of 3rd Strike?

Frisky Dingo
I'm not sure. Sum think so. I remember Bing told that the PSP can't handle DC lvl game all 2 well.

How do U think games like AOF3 and Garou stack up against 3rd Strike?

No End N Site
I'm not sure. Sum think so. I remember Bing told that the PSP can't handle DC lvl game all 2 well.

How do U think games like AOF3 and Garou stack up against 3rd Strike?

I think the AOF3 series is SNK's most innovative set of games next to the SS series but I have just never liked it. The whole style and mechanics just anoy me. The graphics and animation of AOF3 are the best I've seen from SNK and some of the best out there, not countin' the recent KOFs.

Garou was one of my favs when it 1st came out, just as much as 3S, but going back to it recently made me realize that the game is super dated in almost every aspect. Imo, 3rd Strike is just better.

Frisky Dingo
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/apr/10/ono-posts-another-mysterious-photo-showing-ryu/

DOOD, OMFG!

What if these R the sprites 4 3S:OE?!

It won't even B a contest anymore, 3S would handily beat the original Vampire Savior.

And Vampire Savior was so crazy that N order 2 play it close 2 ARC perfect, U needed 2 buy the Saturn version and even then, it wasn't powerful enuff. The saturn version came with an extra RAM cartridge just so it could run @ a decent rate on the console. Even the Dreamcast version had a disgusting, nigh-unplayable amount of frames removed.

And I am saying that if Ono is leaking bits of what may B 3S sprites, OE will defeat VS.

killermover
They need to come out with a Super Mega Street Fighter 4. Everyone and there moms is playable.

DarkC
The only way I can play 3rd Strike right now is using an arcade machine emulator. It would be extremely awesome for this to come out on PC since because of that and MUGEN I'm used to a keyboard control scheme instead of a fightstick.

chomperx9
I already own it on the Street fighter anniversary edition on xbox. its compatible with the 360 as well.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Classic NES
It's starting to grow on me C. CVS is a really good game. Who's your main btw?

Oh me, for fun (which is how I play) I use Shin Akuma because he and the other bosses require fast reflexes and not getting hit. I like Ryu and Bison too, a few others. I like to mix it up honestly.

You.

No End N Site
Originally posted by chomperx9
I already own it on the Street fighter anniversary edition on xbox. its compatible with the 360 as well.

Too bad they killed the online for old Xbox games. And SFIII on GGPO is messed up cuz they aint got the source code.

samirerre
wow capcom really wants to kill here rivals
sf-tsoe
ssf4ea/3ds
mvc3
sfxt

Tha C-Master
They want to make money... they're a business after all.

Frisky Dingo
In truth, I see their attempts at milking SF as being shallow and short sited. Their success from SF wont last for much longer at this rate. No one's going to buy a new SF game EVERY year. They seem to not realize that traditional fighting games are STILL niche, despite SF4's massive success. This happened in the late 90s and it doesn't look like Capcom has learned their lesson.

I'm going to get 3S OE, but after that, I don't really see much else they can do to interest me with the series. As a long time SF fan, even I have to say that it's time for a break. They don't have to take the gamble to do a Rival Schools 3, but they should at least stop trolling fans and do Darkstalkers 4 or re-release of Vampire Savior. Change things up a bit.

samirerre
i wonder how it will cost if its a downlaodable game
20$??

Tha C-Master
In truth, I see their attempts at milking SF as being shallow and short sited. Their success from SF wont last for much longer at this rate. No one's going to buy a new SF game EVERY year. They seem to not realize that traditional fighting games are STILL niche, despite SF4's massive success. This happened in the late 90s and it doesn't look like Capcom has learned their lesson.

I'm going to get 3S OE, but after that, I don't really see much else they can do to interest me with the series. As a long time SF fan, even I have to say that it's time for a break. They don't have to take the gamble to do a Rival Schools 3, but they should at least stop trolling fans and do Darkstalkers 4 or re-release of Vampire Savior. Change things up a bit. Well it's been so long since the last SF game was made, so they are going to ride it a bit.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Well it's been so long since the last SF game was made, so they are going to ride it a bit.

SFII HD RMX, SFIV, SSFIV, SSFIV 3D, SSFIV AE, SFxT, SFIII OE. I think they've rid this train enough. I just don't want see the series fade, again. Plus, you have to see how hard Capcom teases and trolls Darkstalker fans, the instances are numerous. Give SF a break and just make the damn game already.

No End N Site
Give SF a break...AFTER THIS!!!!

GVEoxVgkR6s

Omfg!!! They actually listened! Hyped beyond all belief!

Zack Fair
Yeah it is awesome. Doubt will be playing it as much as sf4 though

No End N Site
Not gonna lie, once this comes out, no other fighter will exist until they make the games I told'em to. I will be strictly be gettin' my 3rd Strike (back) on, til' DS4 or RS3.

Frisky Dingo
Same for me, what console are you getting this for?

You know, I was just thinking. What if the DCs online was still functional? Wouldn't that be awesome?!

No End N Site
Finally! Capcom has implemented button config at the character select screen! Finally!!!

Way to go 3S:OE
Same for me, what console are you getting this for?

You know, I was just thinking. What if the DCs online was still functional? Wouldn't that be awesome?!

It's gonna have to be PS3.

It still is, for some games. Now if fighters still had online with the DC? Yes!

Frisky Dingo
I have to say, this game is SUBSTANTIALLY better than any version of sfiv or mvc3, and I actually like both of those games, so that's saying something.

This really is the best fighter since.......idk, 3rd Strike.

Zack Fair
Fanboys uhuh

I tried doing Daigo's Evo moment challenge. Parried the first 2 hits and then got pawned by the super...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqid7vi0Ro1qd0zvh.jpg

No End N Site
lulz I completed the EVO 37 challenge by sheer luck, cuz I wasn't even trying. We were takin turns for like 4 hrs tryin to do it and I was like f**k it and mashed for like 3 whole seconds and stopped, did it again, jumped, waited like 1 second and parried...The rest is history. The look on everyone's face was priceless, wasn't it...Frisky?

3S did make me feel like SFIV was ass, tho. Not gonna lie. Then I was just like, they're both different games and I just prefer SFIII's style. It did warm my heart when my fam who doesn't even play fighters played me in like 20 matches straight and told me 3S was better than IV even though I was beatin his ass.

Fun Fact for Frisky: My cousin did not willingly buy OE. I bought it while he was in the back makin a grilled cheese. He was mad, but he got over it.

Frisky Dingo
You lucky SOB. How you managed to pull that after failing miserably at Q's trial boggles my mind. God really loves you.

You're a fraud. This was proven when everyone commended you for allowing your cousin to use Gill against you and you parried virtually everything he through out. Then everyone else got the chance to play and realized your cousin was just very predictable. It was like he had all his buttons mapped to Hard Kick. laughing

10 years of research and investigation was done and you were exposed. Shame you had all 3 major consoles and just gave them away. You should have given them to me. Now you and I both have nothing. Well I still have the PS2 and a semi functional DC.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Fanboys uhuh

I tried doing Daigo's Evo moment challenge. Parried the first 2 hits and then got pawned by the super...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqid7vi0Ro1qd0zvh.jpg

Sorry, I can't help myself. 3S is like the old love that got away because I moved out of state.

And the EVO trail lol? Have you seen the Desk guy? He did it with ONE HAND. How is that even possible?! mad

I felt so worthless faster seeing that on youtube. sad

No End N Site
OH you got me!
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/spiritoftruth.jpg
"F**K YO' THOUGHTS! I'M GOD! And, b***h, you not."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.