Adamantium Vs. Super Strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

illadelph12
At the New Years Eve Party for Fictional Characters, Silver Surfer gets really, really, really drunk and, trying to impress and seduce Jessica Rabbit and Storm into a threesome, is using the power cosmic to perform parlor tricks. In his intoxicated state he encases the following characters in 7 inch thick top grade adamantium so they appear as statues (as gifts for Jessica Rabbit and Storm to decorate their lawns with. Superhero Garden Gnomes.):

Superman
Thor
Hercules
Supreme
Count Nefaria
Mr. Majestic
Gladiator
Hulk
Wonder Woman
Kurse
Captain Marvel
Power Girl
She Hulk
He Man
Black Adam

Of the characters listed, which of them can break free from their encasement using their strength only?

Discuss.

Colossus-Big C
she hulk doesnt belong here

all can break 2 admantium but i doubt any can break primary

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
she hulk doesnt belong here

all can break 2 admantium but i doubt any can break primary

Pretty much.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A few of the elite could possibly at least dent Adamantium. I could picture someone like Superman breaking Adamantium but he isn't getting through that wall in any reasonable amount of time.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
A few of the elite could possibly at least dent Adamantium. I could picture someone like Superman breaking Adamantium but he isn't getting through that wall in any reasonable amount of time. theres guys here stronger than superman

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk and Kurse are the only people here stronger than Superman. Possibly original Count Nefaria. That's about it. I simply used Superman as an example since he is Superman.

Colossus-Big C
Hulk and Kurse are the only people here stronger than Superman. Possibly original Count Nefaria. That's about it. I simply used Superman as an example since he is Superman. gladiator at full confidence is stronger than superman
he man was stronger then PC superman

Rage.Of.Olympus
gladiator at full confidence is stronger than superman

No his not and you have absolutely no evidence to support that stance.

1) Did not see He Man.

2) I have no clue how strong He Man is. Never watched the cartoons and never read his comic appearances.

Is he stronger than the Golden Age, Silver Age, or Bronze Age Superman?

Colossus-Big C
No his not and you have absolutely no evidence to support that stance.

he has destroyed planets and stars with his fist the only thing supes ever done was destroy a small moon

Colossus-Big C

Is he stronger than the Golden Age, Silver Age, or Bronze Age Superman? silver age

Johnny Sorrow
Everyone fails.

Rage.Of.Olympus
he has destroyed planets and stars with his fist the only thing supes ever done was destroy a small moon

erm

He destroyed a planet once and it was stated that he possesses the strength to rip apart Stars. How the hell does that make him stronger than Superman?

If you want to start listing unquantifiable strength feats, Gladiator will lose.

Here Masterson Thor stalemates Gladiator in strength:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator4.jpg

And this was the narration wanked Gladiator. His introduction in the issue showed him moving a large asteroid light years away and narration described him as virtually indestructible, and having limitless strength:
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/MastersonThorvsGladiator11.jpg

I honestly cannot understand how people think some narration/text wanking places Gladiator above Thor or Superman. IRCC, Thor was also shown as an equal to a potential future Gladiator who was clearly a homage to the Pre-Crisis Superman.

My point is, that Gladiator is not stronger than Superman. Or Thor. The three are basically on par in strength.

Black bolt z
Hulk has the best chance but odds are he still fails.Mabye BA.

Darth Jello
None of these. The only characters that can break through primary adamantium are characters who can rearrange molecules and atoms and characters with magnetic powers. So of the non-gods and non-magic users, pretty much Magneto, Polaris, Molecule Man, The Atom, Captain Atom, Sienna Blaze, etc.

Also, anyone possessing Antarctic Vibranium can easily break out of adamantium.

Mshinu
Only one who might do it is He Man

rotiart
Originally posted by Darth Jello
None of these. The only characters that can break through primary adamantium are characters who can rearrange molecules and atoms and characters with magnetic powers. So of the non-gods and non-magic users, pretty much Magneto, Polaris, Molecule Man, The Atom, Captain Atom, Sienna Blaze, etc.

Also, anyone possessing Antarctic Vibranium can easily break out of adamantium.

So no amount of pure
Strength could do it? What if pre retcon beyonder made himself... Infinitely strong or whatever.. Still no?

cdtm

1) Did not see He Man.

2) I have no clue how strong He Man is. Never watched the cartoons and never read his comic appearances.

Is he stronger than the Golden Age, Silver Age, or Bronze Age Superman?

Silver Age, and Superman kicked his ass.

Don't know where Big C is getting He Man is stronger, since he lost the fight.

cdtm
Hrm, I swear I didn't see this thread before making my "Superman vs Earth" post...

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by cdtm

Don't know where Big C is getting He Man is stronger, since he lost the fight. He Man was only using strength

amnesia
He-Man, possibly Majestic.

LULZ at the OP

tideoftime
7-inch thick adamantium? If it were a "wall", or similar, most of the characters listed would at least eventually be able to dent it, or if it were in a "cell-bar" form, bend it enough to get free.

However, if they are encased directly, as in physically around their bodies (as implied by the "like statues" part), then I don't think any of them can break free, as 7-inch thick encasement of such a material would be beyond the scope of any of their strengths -- they'd need at least general freedom of body to truly effect their greatest expressions of strength needed to damage/harm such a barrier.

Side-topic: Generally, He-Man is definitely on the lower end (*relatively*) of the list above; his generally quantifiable greatest feat of strength was lifting Castle GraySkull, and that was with great strain; he was only able to throw it/propel it across the sky/horizon by The Sorceress channeling all of the castle's power through him, effectively equating -- for him -- the equivalent of a "sun-dip" SM boost or an uber-enraged Hulk, or WW wearing the Gauntlets of Atlas, et al, meaning that his "normal" strength range is much less than that of SM's, WW's, etc. Not saying He-Man ain't the... well, "man"... in his world, but in the broader scale of things, he really isn't up with the real big boys/girls... Magic goes a long way in terms of boosting his greater feats.

h1a8
I think that was a low feat for He-man. He-man had went toe to toe with PC Superman and is understood to be as strong as he needs to be. IDK.

Lord_Talron
how many of these guys can exist without air? because they will run out of oxygen exerting themselves pretty fast

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by tideoftime
7-inch thick adamantium? If it were a "wall", or similar, most of the characters listed would at least eventually be able to dent it, or if it were in a "cell-bar" form, bend it enough to get free.

However, if they are encased directly, as in physically around their bodies (as implied by the "like statues" part), then I don't think any of them can break free, as 7-inch thick encasement of such a material would be beyond the scope of any of their strengths -- they'd need at least general freedom of body to truly effect their greatest expressions of strength needed to damage/harm such a barrier.

thumb up

Bouboumaster
Hulk

tideoftime
Originally posted by h1a8
I think that was a low feat for He-man. He-man had went toe to toe with PC Superman and is understood to be as strong as he needs to be. IDK.

Writer/"magic makes the difference"- slant; He-Man stood up to PC Superman for much the same reason Captain Marvel did (CM often matching SM, but never having comparable feats of strength/power): being magical, it gave enough of an edge to balance things. Pre-Crisis, Supes very often had problems affecting anything magical, in a context similar to but different than today. Example: when he and WW were once captured in a water bubble that was manipulated by magic, neither of them could break free, and he later stated it took 15 minutes for his heat vision to finally free them, when it should have only taken seconds. Similar kinds of things happen nowadays, too, but in term of Pre-Crisis feats, He-Man had "da' magic" on his side. I had most of the Masters of the Universe Comics (granted, not something I like admitting to), and saw all the episodes -- lifting the castle and throwing it was his generally greatest feat of strength, and it was an amped one, at that, via the Sorceress.

Lord_Talron
i know its not really an applicable argument, but he was probably struggling for the sake of some damn drama stick out tongue

Darth Jello
Originally posted by rotiart
So no amount of pure
Strength could do it? What if pre retcon beyonder made himself... Infinitely strong or whatever.. Still no? They only substance stronger is whatever Captain America's shield is made of.

The Hulk at his maximum strength ever, was able to make the tiniest dent in it.

If I'm not mistaken, the issue with Cap's Shield and Primary Adamantium is that they contain vibranium so not only are the metal molecules stabilized and packed dense and close, but nearly all shock is absorbed. Brute strength without the assistance of antarctic vibranium just can't do it unless the character is small enough to punch individual molecules..

dmills
Top grade adamantium 7" thick? No one's getting out of there with pure muscle.

Stoic
Didn't the Hulk dig his fingers into an adamantium statue of himself?

the ninjak
It is arguable that if HeMan was bring crushed by a wall of Adamantium he would become strong enough to destroy it.

He had the power of the universe. Fighting Superman is different he moves and fights back.

Originally posted by Stoic
Didn't the Hulk dig his fingers into an adamantium statue of himself?

I think that turned out to be a weak form of it.

D_Dude1210
No one is busting out or even close to it.

Stoic
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
No one is busting out or even close to it.

I hope not. If Marvel starts letting people fold adamantium like card board, it would lose it's mystique.

practical
gladiator at full confidence is stronger than superman

i am sorry but this post is so stupid... saying at full confidence he is stronger then superman is dumb but saying he is stronger then PC superman is just being a marvel fanboy and DC hater

practical

its harder to destroy the moon then other planets because the gravity on the moon is very weak and low and that means you need much more power and pressure to hit the moon then other planets

you realise PC superman snezed a galaxy right? the guy had no limits like your stupidity

Warlord
Originally posted by practical
its harder to destroy the moon then other planets because the gravity on the moon is very weak and low and that means you need much more power and pressure to hit the moon then other planets

best post ever!

the ninjak

you realise PC superman snezed a galaxy right? the guy had no limits like your stupidity

This kid is hardcore! rock

Stunner2xx

lol PWNT

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Stunner2xx
lol PWNT

Only if by "PWNT" you mean that he pwnt himself on his "moon-needs-more-force-to-destroy" post.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by cdtm

Don't know where Big C is getting He Man is stronger, since he lost the fight.

Cool.

I should have learned by now not to take his claims at face value. No offense C.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Stoic
I hope not. If Marvel starts letting people fold adamantium like card board, it would lose it's mystique.

This is exactly why the primary/secondary adamantium distinction exists. Too many examples of people breaking adamantium with their bare hands were running around, so any showings where it was broken with anything less than molecular manipulation or a plot device got retconned.

at 7 inches thick, it should be impossible for anyone on the list to do any damage to it with pure strength alone, per marvel current rules on the stuff.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Space M ummy
This is exactly why the primary/secondary adamantium distinction exists. Too many examples of people breaking adamantium with their bare hands were running around, so any showings where it was broken with anything less than molecular manipulation or a plot device got retconned.

at 7 inches thick, it should be impossible for anyone on the list to do any damage to it with pure strength alone, per marvel current rules on the stuff. Like who?

This "secondary-adamantium-replaces-all-appearances-of-adamantium-prior-to-2000" myth is idiotic.

Darth Jello
The only characters capable of breaking through primary adamantium with pure, brute force are Juggernaut and Squirrel Girl.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Like who?

This "secondary-adamantium-replaces-all-appearances-of-adamantium-prior-to-2000" myth is idiotic.
IF, Hulk ect. It was broken a number of times, which is why seconday adamatium was created.

It not a myth. There was an article on it years ago. I believe the interview can be found in the back of one of thoses guide books perhaps the x-men one, but not certain. Some one posted a link of the interview a few years back, but I havent been able to locate it. Also it only replaced the times it was dented and broken.

BlackZero30x
He-Man is the only one i can really think of because his powers make it so his strength will automatically rise to whatever it needs to be....so he would magically be granted the strength that would be needed to break out.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
IF, Hulk ect. It was broken a number of times, which is why seconday adamatium was created.

It not a myth. There was an article on it years ago. I believe the interview can be found in the back of one of thoses guide books perhaps the x-men one, but not certain. Some one posted a link of the interview a few years back, but I havent been able to locate it. Also it only replaced the times it was dented and broken. When did Iron Fist do it? And "etc." =/= "many examples . . . running around."

Never seen it. Likely doesn't exist. And still not on-panel. How convenient.

Dum Dum Dugan
When did Iron Fist do it? And "etc." =/= "many examples . . . running around."

Never seen it. Likely doesn't exist. And still not on-panel. How convenient.
Back in the eighties maybe early 90's. It in the iron fist respect thread actaully. There are quite a few examples, Hulk done so a few times, Thor done it, IF among others if not mistaken.

Believe what you wish. I have no reason to lie about it. It was stated in an interview. I can't remember were it was posted on the forum's, I been on this site for like 7 years, I can't remember every thread something was posted in. Might even been also talked about in Wolverine the best there is guide, I take a look later to duble check.

OneDumbG0
Back in the eighties maybe early 90's. It in the iron fist respect thread actaully. There are quite a few examples, Hulk done so a few times, Thor done it, IF among others if not mistaken.Been through it. Searched through it. Nothing. Hulk has bent it in. Thor has dented it. Two people =/= "quite a few examples." Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Believe what you wish. I have no reason to lie about it. It was stated in an interview. I can't remember were it was posted on the forum's, I been on this site for like 7 years, I can't remember every thread something was posted in. Might even been also talked about in Wolverine the best there is guide, I take a look later to duble check. Imaginary interview means sh1t. I don't have any reason to think you're lying. I know you believe it. I also know that I've never seen anything ever on this. Just a lot of posters repeating what other posters said what other posters said. It's a stupid myth. And sadly, so far... wholly unsupported.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, I'm pretty sure Hulk and Thor are the only people who have damaged Adamantium in 616.

During the late 70's and early 80's, Blaastar destroyed an Adamantium wall, Hulk bent Adamantium into a ball, and Thor might have destroyed an Adamantium space station computer but it's all been retconned to being made out of Adamantium alloy.

The scene where Thor dents the cylinder and Hulk dents Ultron are the only scenes that remain. Although some argue Ultron wasn't made out of true Adamantium.

I've never heard of Iron Fist doing it.

Dum Dum Dugan
Been through it. Searched through it. Nothing. Hulk has bent it in. Thor has dented it. Two people =/= "quite a few examples." Imaginary interview means sh1t. I don't have any reason to think you're lying. I know you believe it. I also know that I've never seen anything ever on this. Just a lot of posters repeating what other posters said what other posters said. It's a stupid myth. And sadly, so far... wholly unsupported.

Hulk broken adamatium statue as well if not mistaken. I will find this IF incident I know I it exisists. I thought it was in the respect thread, but if you looked I guess I was wrong. Some one posted the scan not that long ago. I should be able to get it in a few days

I will keep looking for the interview on reconnt of adamatium.

OneDumbG0
^ He threw the statue at Thor. That's it. And again, Hulk and Thor =/= "many examples of people." I'm going to guess that you're thinkiing about Iron Fist overloading Black Panther's Vibranium suit.

Search all you want. Let me know when this interview becomes more than imaginary. Then you can search for something on-panel. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
During the late 70's and early 80's, Blaastar destroyed an Adamantium wall, Hulk bent Adamantium into a ball, and Thor might have destroyed an Adamantium space station computer but it's all been retconned to being made out of Adamantium alloy. It was always adamantium alloy. It says it in the comic itself. There was never a retcon. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The scene where Thor dents the cylinder and Hulk dents Ultron are the only scenes that remain. Although some argue Ultron wasn't made out of true Adamantium.

I've never heard of Iron Fist doing it. Projecting a storyline 20 years later where some characters discover some of the Ultron models they're fighting in that same storyline aren't actually adamantium... doesn't mean that every random Ultron in the past wasn't made out of adamantium. Not your argument, I know. Dumb, nonetheless.

Neither can I.

Darth Jello
Other than fixing the whole denting adamantium thing, I think the secondary adamantium and alloys etc. thing was done because some of those comics made it seem like you could buy molten adamantium and various molds for $7.50 at Home Depot.

Dum Dum Dugan
^ He threw the statue at Thor. That's it. And again, Hulk and Thor =/= "many examples of people." I'm going to guess that you're thinkiing about Iron Fist overloading Black Panther's Vibranium suit.

Search all you want. Let me know when this interview becomes more than imaginary. Then you can search for something on-panel. It was always adamantium alloy. It says it in the comic itself. There was never a retcon. Projecting a storyline 20 years later where some characters discover some of the Ultron models they're fighting in that same storyline aren't actually adamantium... doesn't mean that every random Ultron in the past wasn't made out of adamantium. Not your argument, I know. Dumb, nonetheless.

I was talking about the time they fought the statues. No I am not Panther suit isent anything special anyways. I am think of a much older comic, I will get the scans in few days if not sooner.

will do.

yes but does ultron being made out of adamatium automatically make it primary?

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was always adamantium alloy. It says it in the comic itself. There was never a retcon.

Really? I specifically remember the scene where he destroys the facility being referred to only as Adamantium. And then when Hulk wraps him up in the ball, it's called Adamantium as well. Maybe somewhere in between I'm forgetting a scene.

Going off of my memory that was Adamantium and then in a later book -it might be a Thor issue actually- it was referred to as Adamantium alloy.

Projecting a storyline 20 years later where some characters discover some of the Ultron models aren't actually adamantium doesn't mean that every random Ultron in the past wasn't made out of adamantium. Not your argument, I know. Dumb, nonetheless.

Neither can I.

That's not the argument I'm referring to. I've seen people argue that since that Ultron was created by Klaw -who had a portion of Beyonder's power- it might not have been the real deal Adamantium.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Other than fixing the whole denting adamantium thing, I think the secondary adamantium and alloys etc. thing was done because some of those comics made it seem like you could buy molten adamantium and various molds for $7.50 at Home Depot. Sh1tty myth is still sh1tty. No thing was done in comics. As far as I've been reading comics and frequenting these boards, the only proof is certain posters' continual insistence that it happened. Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Really? I specifically remember the scene where he destroys the facility being referred to only as Adamantium. And then when Hulk wraps him up in the ball, it's called Adamantium as well. Maybe somewhere in between I'm forgetting a scene.

Going off of my memory that was Adamantium and then in a later book -it might be a Thor issue actually- it was referred to as Adamantium alloy. From Marvel Team-Up #18 itself, "alloy of adamantium":

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Adamantium01.jpg Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's not the argument I'm referring to. I've seen people argue that since that Ultron was created by Klaw -who had a portion of Beyonder's power- it might not have been the real deal Adamantium. That's an even stupider argument. Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I was talking about the time they fought the statues. No I am not Panther suit isent anything special anyways. I am think of a much older comic, I will get the scans in few days if not sooner.

will do. By all means.

Find on-panel proof? Doubt it.

yes but does ultron being made out of adamatium automatically make it primary? yes but does ultron being made out of adamantium automatically make it secondary?

^ Think about which is dumber.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Double checked, and yea, that's the same issue. I guess that's what I get for focusing on feats.

Hey, that's the argument I've heard.

Darth Jello
Shitty to cover for shittier. I mean come on. It's a rare, secret, prohibitively expensive metallic alloy and suddenly every mad scientist, villain in tights, and amateur sculptor are using it as a medium for their huge sculptures and plating for their pots and pans robots?

It's almost as bad as half of marvel's geniuses taking up a bit of light cloning as a hobby.

OneDumbG0
^ Nothing of what you said substantiates that when a comic actually states something is made of adamantium...

... it isn't actually adamantium because it's just a weaker version.

Taking a simple statement in a comic and pretending that the entire audience is expected to have read an, heretofore, imaginary interview to understand what's actually being stated is idiocy.

psycho gundam
that's another reason for the creation of secondary--a cheaper knock off

also, does anyone have the issue where alicia masters creates the statue? hulk's fingers cracked the base of the statue but i theorize it was made of concrete or something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.