Lobo vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
ko, kill... forum rules...

lobo with spaz fragg 666.

lets get it on!!

Sr J-Bieb
Lobo via Thor dies via a bullet

cdtm
Lobo nails him with a guilt grenade, and Thor becomes a blubbering mass of angst.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Flyattractor
Can Thor do it with out his Hammer Crutch>?

Oak Parker
Thor with almost no effort.

cdtm
Originally posted by Oak Parker
Thor with almost no effort.

Saying Thor wins is one thing, but with no effort?

That's nutty.

Oak Parker
Originally posted by cdtm
Saying Thor wins is one thing, but with no effort?

That's nutty.

Lobo isn't fast enough to evade being teleported into another wrealm. It takes Thor no effort to do that.

cdtm
Lobo isn't fast enough to evade being teleported into another wrealm. It takes Thor no effort to do that.

The character booted Superman off Colu into orbit, then lept after him near instantly. He also tackled him down while Supes was in the process of chasing after Brainiacs escape ship.

If nothing else, he could sprint/leap on Thor before he can do his hammer tricks, and force a melee.

Oak Parker
The character booted Superman off Colu into orbit, then lept after him near instantly. He also tackled him down while Supes was in the process of chasing after Brainiacs escape ship.

If nothing else, he could sprint/leap on Thor before he can do his hammer tricks, and force a melee. Thor has reacted to thought attacks from the Pheonix force. I doubt Lobo is fast enough to force a Mele. Now Thor being a bruiser, may want to duke it out. He would then still win. His Hammer would break Lobo's arms and face.

Prep-Man
Lobo.

Oak Parker
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Lobo. Dude, are you serious? Lobo can't even fly. How does he even register as a threat to Thor? A God?

Stoic
Thor, but not easily.

cdtm
Thor has reacted to thought attacks from the Pheonix force. I doubt Lobo is fast enough to force a Mele. Now Thor being a bruiser, may want to duke it out. He would then still win. His Hammer would break Lobo's arms and face.

Lobos also reacted to "speed of thought" attacks, specifically Mon El's laser vision, where he literally punched through the attack.

And I agree Thor can mess Lobo up, break his arms and such. But on average, Lobo is kind of like a weaker Shaggy Man/General. He absorbs blunt force like a sponge (Even Despero could only make him joke about working up a sweat), and he heals most wounds fairly quickly.

Yeah, Thor "could" win, with all his powers, but I can't see it being easy.

CosmicComet
Dude, are you serious? Lobo can't even fly. How does he even register as a threat to Thor? A God?

Don't use that title of 'God'. It is, essentially, a meaningless word in comics.

How does Lobo register a threat? Combination of ruthlessness and intelligence, greater strength showings on average, insane healing ability, and a consistent ability to blatantly defy logic and physics.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If Thor wants to battle field remove Lobo, the Main Man is screwed.

"Forcing a melee" won't mean shit. Thor can teleport beings with a zap from his hammer. Once he and Ghost Rider were dog piled by tons of demonic beings and Thor unleashed a blaze of lightning that teleported them all away.

That being said, this won't be something Thor will resort to any time soon. This will mostly be a melee confrontation. Thor wins ranging from an easy to an extremely tough fight depending on what level Lobo is operating on.

"Id"
No BFR?

Thor has his hands full, as of late Lobo has been taking on Lanterns, and High Class Magicians using nothing but physical force. Hell he even had Solaris on the ropes before Brainiac interfered.

Stoic
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If Thor wants to battle field remove Lobo, the Main Man is screwed.

"Forcing a melee" won't mean shit. Thor can teleport beings with a zap from his hammer. Once he and Ghost Rider were dog piled by tons of demonic beings and Thor unleashed a blaze of lightning that teleported them all away.

That being said, this won't be something Thor will resort to any time soon. This will mostly be a melee confrontation. Thor wins ranging from an easy to an extremely tough fight depending on what level Lobo is operating on.

Yes I agree with you, Lobo had his hands full with Captain Marvel, and Marvel wasn't going all out.

If this fight got really serious I could see Thor KO'ing Lobo, at 10x strength, for an almost certain victory. Lobo may not be able to die (arguable anywhere outside of DC) but he can be slammed, and KO'ed.

Thor just hits harder IMO.

cdtm
Dude, are you serious? Lobo can't even fly. How does he even register as a threat to Thor? A God?

He can't fly, but he can leap really good. stick out tongue

Seriously, he lept right into orbit during an early 90's Superman/L.E.G.I.O.N. crossover. Somehow even managed to move after Superman, without his bike.

Lobos given problems to a pretty wide range of characters, and hung with top end bricks like Valor/Mon El, Captain Marvel, Despero, and most famously Superman. He's also a damage soaking sponge who you basically need to disintegrate or BFR to really stop. No shame in claiming he gives a character problems.

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Yes I agree with you, Lobo had his hands full with Captain Marvel, and Marvel wasn't going all out.

I have the issue, and it's the other way around. Cap had his hands full, although he was certainly holding back.

But when Cap finally had enough, notice how Lobo didn't seem all that hurt by the attack. Like I said, he's a sponge.

Also, Valor's a daxamite, but couldn't really beat Lobo down, and had to resort to tricking Dox into reigning in his mutt. He basically did as well as Captain Marvel did though.

"Id"
Captain Marvel was dead serious, the site of seeing some guy stuck in the toilet pissed him off. Lobo was seemingly toying with him. grumpy

Stoic
I have the issue, and it's the other way around. Cap had his hands full, although he was certainly holding back.

But when Cap finally had enough, notice how Lobo didn't seem all that hurt by the attack. Like I said, he's a sponge.

Also, Valor's a daxamite, but couldn't really beat Lobo down, and had to resort to tricking Dox into reigning in his mutt. He basically did as well as Captain Marvel did though.

Neither Val nor Marvel were going all out, which was evident when an Eclipsed Superman KO'ed Lobo pretty easily. Notice how the Eclipsed Superman couldn't KO Marvel when they fought, nor was Marvel convinced that Superman could take him.

That's if you chose to use these examples as a gauge for Lobo's durabilty, and damage soak capacity.

OneDumbG0
The Main Man is the truth. You doubt the Main Man, you doubt the truth.

Don't doubt the Main Man. uhuh

cdtm
Neither Val nor Marvel were going all out, which was evident when an Eclipsed Superman KO'ed Lobo pretty easily. Notice how the Eclipsed Superman couldn't KO Marvel when they fought, nor was Marvel convinced that Superman could take him.

That's if you chose to use these examples as a gauge for Lobo's durabilty, and damage soak capacity.

Or, you can go by the first Superman/Lobo fight where Superman, under the influence of the Eradicator and much more brutal then normal, couldn't even slow Lobo down and got manhandled.

Obviously, that's a pretty bad showing for Supes, while Eclipsed Superman knocking Lobo out is a fairly low end showing for him. There's also many more examples of Lobo taking equal or greater damage then what Eclipsed Superman dished out, and not being KOed.

Guy Gardner (In his baddass thug phase, when he didn't hold back) couldn't knock him out with Sinestro's ring. Sinestro himself couldn't knock Lobo out, or really injure him. Despero couldn't knock Lobo out with two big attacks, nor even stagger him.. Superman, amped up on Kryptonite X, didn't knock Lobo out, and also didn't know his own strength meaning he was hitting much harder then he intended. And as for Lar Gand not going all out, it looked like he was fighting for his life to me.. If he could have beaten Lobo down, why go to the trouble of causing as much damage as possible, and make Dox come and put a stop to the fight?

On average, knocking him out is pretty difficult, if not nearly impossible.

King Castle
thor is also on average difficult to knock out as well... anyone of his fight feats in his respect thread can attest to his toughness.

on the Guy note.. guy's ring was failing him and he didnt know how to charge it, let alone what it feeds on.

lobo has great durability showings with taking blunt damage as well as not taking them as well and being ko'ed by nuke lvl blast.

cdtm
Originally posted by King Castle

on the Guy note.. guy's ring was failing him and he didnt know how to charge it, let alone what it feeds on.

It wasn't a factor until the very end of the fight, when Guy tried sending into deep space with a rocket construct.

Looked like it would've worked too.

Uriel005
Are we using a shenanigans Lobo or what? Though I have to say current Lobo is getting pretty beastly and moving into my range of WTF characters. I give the on average advantage to Thor but if Lobo has prior knowledge and is on serious business hunting Thor I might have to give it to him. His intelligence score is high enough that if he really wanted to he could match batman for prep smart ok not to that extent but still... enough that he could probably take out just about anyone.

Flyattractor

That's if you chose to use these examples as a gauge for Lobo's durabilty, and damage soak capacity. But as I recall in that Issue.
LOBO one shotted CM straight to the jaw and KO'ed him.

And all the talk of teleporting LOBO away.

Like I said in my first post.

Is this LOBO vs Thor,or LOBO vs Miljnoir?

cdtm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
But as I recall in that Issue.
LOBO one shotted CM straight to the jaw and KO'ed him.

And all the talk of teleporting LOBO away.

Like I said in my first post.

Is this LOBO vs Thor,or LOBO vs Miljnoir?

He knocked him down, but not out. Clearly stunned though.

Flyattractor
Looked KO'ed to me.

"Id"
What issue did his fight with Captain Marvel take place? Some links in the respect thread are down.

Flyattractor
It was the L.E.G.I.O.N War of the Gods tie in.

Its in the box 2 feet away but to drunk to look.

Black bolt z
Thor takes it but its by no means easy.

aztec
I say they split, mostly due to Thor's versatility. In my honest opinion, I think Lobo is stronger than Thor, and has greater durability.

King Castle
i find this funny even though a lot of ppl will get mad and deny it even though its a comic fact that is conveniently forgotten when it comes to the bastich..

you all know how most heroes have weaknesses?

superman: kryptonite, red radiation and magic?

Martian Manhunter: Fire now its just psychological but you guys get my point i's enough to at the very least stun them and get an opening no matter how small....

well Lobo has one as well its bn shown and stated on panel various times one being: Gas attacks the least known one is electricity,,

i know shock for you guys but he is vulnerable to electricity its bn stated and shown various times as it being his weakness one by the Bounty hunter manager Quincy iirc his name ... another by the Alpha as well..

Quincy uses electricty in his joint to stop violence more specifically Lobo.. the alpha used electricity to cage lobo..

now this weakness is like any other although initially it will f#@$ him, he can tank it after a while depending on the charge he will drop from the unexpected attack to finally being able to walk it through if it isnt continuously amp'ed.

of course magic effects lobo like any other being at least to an extend...

remember lobo used lightning bolts to hurt and gain the attention of the god eater.. that is enough to seriously gain thor the advantage especially since its magic based.

the reference of lobo's weakness is from his short lived series as well as Alan Grant Story Last Sons.
thor
eek! stick out tongue shifty smokin'

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Flyattractor
It was the L.E.G.I.O.N War of the Gods tie in.

Its in the box 2 feet away but to drunk to look.

Do you have the scans? Seems Billy got punked there.

KrazedAnura1620
Ok. I've been reading these threads and such, from various websites too, but I don't recall anyone stating the simple fact that THOR could place Mjolnir on his enemy, and they couldn't do shit about it. Correct me if I am wrong, but that's seems like a good way to win lol.

the Darkone
Thor takes due to his vast versatility but he will work for it

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by KrazedAnura1620
Ok. I've been reading these threads and such, from various websites too, but I don't recall anyone stating the simple fact that THOR could place Mjolnir on his enemy, and they couldn't do shit about it. Correct me if I am wrong, but that's seems like a good way to win lol.

In theory, if Thor pulled that trick he did from his solo film, there's not much most people could do about it.

That said, considering people have punched Mjolnir away, a sufficiently strong brick should be able to do that instead of resorting to "lifting" it.

DTM
A close match up, but Ill go with Thor to beat Lobo more than not.

maxivitopowe
Bump

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Golgo13
Do you have the scans? Seems Billy got punked there. Nah. I refuse to buy a scanner simply to win Comic Book Message Board VS battles.

celeyhyga17
Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.