Thanos vs Steve Rogers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
Takes place at the end of the Secret Avengers arc on Mars when Steve Rogers has the Nova power. Steve gets a warning from the Worldmind that Thanos is heading for earth with the intent of causing mayhem and wreaking vengeful havoc on the NYPD. Steve sees that Richard Rider and the rest of the Avengers are in no shape to take on Thanos after their martian adventure.
"Sit this one out son, I'll take care of it."
"OK Cap, I mean Steve. Hey, one other thing. You know Quasar lent me his Quantum Bands for a while when I needed them. Maybe you could use them too?"
"Good thinking." Steve flies by his old friend Wendell, who is happy to loan out the bands.
"One more stop," thinks Steve. Flying by Thunderbolts HQ he drops in to see Cain Marko and explains the situation and what he needs.
"Sure, Cap. I guess I can give you the gem as a loan in return for a reduced sentence. But only 'cause I know your just about the one guy I'd trust to keep his word and give it back afterwards." Steve takes the gem of Cyttorak. Without the effects of the enigma force in him, Cap gets the full classic gem abilities, including those obscure extra magic powers Cain used to have in the old days.
"That's about it then." Steve spends the rest of the week training with Rider, Wendell, the Worldmind, and Epoch waiting for Thanos to arrive.
Then the Worldmind signals the alert - Thanos has arrived in the solar system. Steve flies to intercept him on the moon...

Steve Rogers with:
* Nova Force/Worldmind
* Quantum Bands
* Gem of Cytorrak - full classic levels including armor and the obscure old magical and energy casting powers etc.
* Shield if he wants it.

vs

Thanos (just Thanos, no other resources, no prep).

Can Steve "dissuade" Thanos from his objective?

Stunner2xx
i think rogers has this

Bentley
"Don't attack the NYPD Thanos"

"Ok Steve, if you say so"

Thanos walks off.

rotiart
Quasar cannot lend out the bands... I'm fairly certain that removal results in death and you being sent to the room with former quantum heroes...

That said. I drool at the powerset. Thanos walks away... Lou ferrigno as hulk style...

Nihilist
Why has Rogers been depowered for this match?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos needs the Infinity Gauntlet to take on Captain America. True story.

Bentley
And Doom with the Beyonder power couldn't even faze him.

Uriel005
Captain America radiates enough awesome out of his a$$ that Thanos tosses his hands up and says phuck this sh.it

Black bolt z
Rogers can't lose.Period.

kgkg
You made it impossible for Steve Rogers to lose to Thanos.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by kgkg
You made it impossible for Steve Rogers to lose to Thanos. no, just more impossible smile

rotiart
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
no, just more impossible smile

That's like saying what number is greater than infinity... Infinity + 1? That does not compute!!

Stoic
Thanos rips the ruby out of his chest a la Onslaught, and pimp slaps him, for looking so stupid in that new brown, blue, yellow, and red tight as hell jump suit.

roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.