King Hyperion/ Count Nefaria vs Gladiator/Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
King Hyperion
Count Nefaria (FP)

vs.

Gladiator
Thor Classic or Current

Battle takes place in the North Pole.

Nihilist
Edge to team 2.

The Nuul
616 feats > Exiles feats.

T2 wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Nihilist
Edge to team 2.

Q99
Originally posted by The Nuul
616 feats > Exiles feats.

T2 wins.

Even EXiles feats against known characters like the main Hyperion?

I edge this to team 1.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why?

The only edge they might have is a -very- slight physical stat edge. It wouldn't be enough in my opinion.

dmills
I'd say team one. I see Glads going down and Thor being left on his own in this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess it depends on the match up. Although I think Gladiator can and would stalemate King Hyperion, he doesn't have a feat to match taking on two Hyperions. One of the Hyperions who took on the King version stalemated Gladiator for example.

I do however favor Gladiator over Nefaria personally although Nefaria is physically stronger. I think Gladiator is more competent than he is a battle. His also more ruthless than Thor.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I guess it depends on the match up. Although I think Gladiator can and would stalemate King Hyperion, he doesn't have a feat to match taking on two Hyperions. One of the Hyperions who took on the King version stalemated Gladiator for example.

I do however favor Gladiator over Nefaria personally although Nefaria is physically stronger. I think Gladiator is more competent than he is a battle. His also more ruthless than Thor. Plus on average Glads is faster than King Hyp and the Count.

Rage.Of.Olympus
True.

Nihi, weren't we discussing whether the Thanos from the Marvel series was the real one or a clone?

Which thread was that? IRCC you mentioned the Nova Corp Files? I'm pretty sure I checked and I didn't find the text you were talking about.

If your too lazy to find the thread just PM me your evidence.

Q99
Why?

The only edge they might have is a -very- slight physical stat edge. It wouldn't be enough in my opinion.

Endurance would be a big one. Strength wise they aren't very different, but staying power, if Thor and King Hype inflict equal damage to each other, it sticks around on Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
Endurance would be a big one. Strength wise they aren't very different, but staying power, if Thor and King Hype inflict equal damage to each other, it sticks around on Thor.

*Cough* Hulk *Cough* Destroyer *Cough*

Thor has amazing damage soak and Hyperion's durability suffered a bit in order to show off his healing factor as I recall. I'd say Thor puts him down eventually.

Q99
*Cough* Hulk *Cough* Destroyer *Cough*

Thor has amazing damage soak and Hyperion's durability suffered a bit in order to show off his healing factor as I recall. I'd say Thor puts him down eventually.

His durability didn't suffer all that much- the first time, no-one was able to so much as scratch him until he blasted himself, and the two Hyperions didn't harm him at all with their punches.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
His durability didn't suffer all that much- the first time, no-one was able to so much as scratch him until he blasted himself, and the two Hyperions didn't harm him at all with their punches.

Who was the most powerful person who was unable to damage him? I don't remember the details but wasn't a lot of the fight with the Hyperions off panel?

I recall Namora breaking his neck or something similar. He also seemed to really hurt himself with a blast of heat vision didn't he?

I think that once you step up to his level, his easy to hurt. That would be in line with the Blue Marvel showing.

Don Corleone
Mjolnir > anybody on team 1

Nihilist
True.

Nihi, weren't we discussing whether the Thanos from the Marvel series was the real one or a clone?

Which thread was that? IRCC you mentioned the Nova Corp Files? I'm pretty sure I checked and I didn't find the text you were talking about.

If your too lazy to find the thread just PM me your evidence. It wasnt the Nova corps files from Annihilation it was the Thanos imperative Corps files book, sorry cant remamber what thread it was from, prolly one of our many Thor/Thanos spats.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks man. I'll check it out.

I think it's time for another Thor/Thanos debate soon. It's traditional at this point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.