Thanos and Seth Vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who wins here

Rage.Of.Olympus
Which Seth? If it's Journey Into the Mystery Seth, it's a near split or edge to Odin. Any other version and Team 1 gets crushed.

Thanos is a non factor.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Which Seth? If it's Journey Into the Mystery Seth, it's a near split or edge to Odin. Any other version and Team 1 gets crushed.

Thanos is a non factor. uber seth

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks. I'm assuming Odin will be at 100%. Where does the battle take place? Asgard?

And ignore the "any other version" statement. Pretty sure Seth held his own against Odin during DeFalco's run when he was a giant snake -ala Set- but I believe Odin was drained and so on. Not completely sure. There have been many incarnations of Seth.

WhiteWitchKing
Thanks. I'm assuming Odin will be at 100%. Where does the battle take place? Asgard?

And ignore the "any other version" statement. Pretty sure Seth held his own against Odin during DeFalco's run when he was a giant snake -ala Set- but I believe Odin was drained and so on. Not completely sure. There have been many incarnations of Seth.

Odin gave Thor most of his power to fight Surtur. He tapped into Asgard for power and still beat Seth.

Rage.Of.Olympus
There you go. I forgot the fact that both fights were at the same time. This was all issue #400 I think.

DeFalco's and Frenz's run is really underrated in my opinion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Team. Pretty easily

the Darkone
Odin mops the floor with them, point blank.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Point blank... Ummm no... the team wins easily

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Odin gave Thor most of his power to fight Surtur. He tapped into Asgard for power and still beat Seth. didnt seth forcefully removed odin from his fight with surtur?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Team. Pretty easily

Hop off that purple d*ck.

Thanos is a non factor. If Odin's fighting the uber incarnation of Seth, his going to be at uber levels as well. Seth is the only reason the Team has a chance and although it would be a hell of a fight, I'd give it to a competent Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hop off that purple d*ck.

Thanos is a non factor. If Odin's fighting the uber incarnation of Seth, his going to be at uber levels as well. Seth is the only reason the Team has a chance and although it would be a hell of a fight, I'd give it to a competent Odin.

Funny you say a non factor since Odin by HIMSELF couldn't put Thanos down. He was actively trying to do so and failed to do so. He stepped it up and brought out his spear... Thanos walked right through it. Lets not forget that Thanos took punishment that wasn't needed and was still just fine. He could've brought out his shields and didn't. His blast power as shown against Galactus has also increased. To say nothing of the fact that Thanos would've been logically holding back some being that you don't wanna KO or KILL someone you need help from. He was seeking Odin's help to solve the bigger problem. Thus it's logical to think you wouldn't KO that person. So... we have his blast power increasing we have Odin having ot fight uber seth which Thanos is just blasting the shit out of him from behind. We know Odin can't put THanos down in the least as shown on panel and certainly not quickly. Plus we know Odin would have to deal with his biggest thread leaving Thanos there to f up Odin and easily turn the tide of this fight.

zopzop
@ KuRuPT Thanosi

It's pointless arguing. We were shown on panel Odin going all out trying to put down the man that was responsible for imprisoning his son and defeating Asgard's defenders. Thanos wasn't hurt in the least and the artist even got the message across by showing only minor, VERY minor, cosmetic damage to Thanos clothing.

Sure he wasn't budging Odin, but that's besides the point. Odin COULD NOT PUT THANOS DOWN. They, and by they I mean Odin, were destroying Asgard proper, and Thanos just kept on ticking.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Shouldn't you be somewhere whining about how Odin -and people of his level- shouldn't be doing something they've been shown capable of doing more than once?

Funny you say a non factor since Odin by HIMSELF couldn't put Thanos down. He was actively trying to do so and failed to do so. He stepped it up and brought out his spear... Thanos walked right through it. Lets not forget that Thanos took punishment that wasn't needed and was still just fine. He could've brought out his shields and didn't. His blast power as shown against Galactus has also increased. To say nothing of the fact that Thanos would've been logically holding back some being that you don't wanna KO or KILL someone you need help from. He was seeking Odin's help to solve the bigger problem. Thus it's logical to think you wouldn't KO that person. So... we have his blast power increasing we have Odin having ot fight uber seth which Thanos is just blasting the shit out of him from behind. We know Odin can't put THanos down in the least as shown on panel and certainly not quickly. Plus we know Odin would have to deal with his biggest thread leaving Thanos there to f up Odin and easily turn the tide of this fight.

Typical idiocy.

It's a good showing for Thanos. You still don't seem to understand that to fight Seth at this level, Odin will have to be operating on a higher end level. I.e. growing to gigantic sizes -which makes him more powerful- and tapping into his well of power further. Thanos would be a non factor. Hope off that purple d*ck. Thanos did a bit better than Thor against Odin. Thor wouldn't stand a chance against Odin in a fight either. It's why I wouldn't give Thor the win over Galactus in a fight. At least not when I'm being honest.

You know what really ticks me off about the Thanos fight? People use it as some sort of definitive showing of Odin when it's Odin's lowest battle showing I've ever seen. At least on panel.

Odin blasts Thanos with some Anti-Matter and reduces him to a skeleton. Odin one shots Thanos like Thor did when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. I can play this game all day.

Where was it stated Thanos' power out put was increased? Are you making shit up? I hope your reasoning isn't that he was able to knock Galactus off his feet so his power output must have been increased since he was unable to do so to Odin.

Thanos did have shields on. He used them to block Odin's first blast. Odin simply broke through them -he staggers Thanos with his second one- with his power output.

Nihilist
Thanos never used his shields to block Odin first blast, his sheilds are never moulded to the shape of his body,which they would have had to have been to block that first blast as you can see the energy hitting Thanos, his sheilds are normaly/on average a few feet away/around him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos never used his shields to block Odin first blast, his sheilds are never moulded to the shape of his body,which they would have had to have been to block that first blast as you can see the energy hitting Thanos, his sheilds are normaly/on average a few feet away/around him.

Where was the energy hitting Thanos?
http://thumbnails25.imagebam.com/9801/58f0be98006530.jpg

I see the energy being blocked -by shields most likely- in front of Thanos and then pouring out around him.

The shape of that shield wouldn't be much -if any- different than the shape of this one:
http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/9801/49e6f898006536.jpg

The shields in both instances would have to be extremely close to his body.

King Castle
interesting interpretation of the art in the odin fight.

i saw it normally as in not using a shield and simply splashing over and around him as he stood his ground

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why? I don't see the energy touching Thanos. The first time I read it, I assumed it was shields. I wasn't some rabid Thor fanboy back then so I don't think my interpretation would be warped in any significant way.

I don't see why he wouldn't use them personally. Thanos probably realized there was a good chance of a confrontation. If shields were the go tactic against Thor, two issues later, it being the go tactic against Odin under the same writer would make sense. But I guess I could be wrong.

King Castle
well if you believe he used a shield that is fine but it does not mean he isnt capable of taking repeated stronger blast from odin without.

thanos did just that. i find it odd for that one split second he would use a shield but not for the rest of the fight.

we can clearly see thanos taking stronger blast from odin and only staggering... that is a testament of his durability.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512569

Rage.Of.Olympus
Where did I argue that Thanos couldn't withstand a blast from Odin in that fight? He obviously could.

I simply pointed out that Thanos -in my opinion anyways- used his shields to block the first blast. Odin then most likely simply stepped it up a notch and broke through them -akin to Thor- staggering him. From then on, he just gradually steps up his game while being impressed by Thanos' resilience. Odin had more and more effect on Thanos with his attacks. A backhand -the third attack- had a bit more of an effect on Thanos than a double handed blast.

King Castle
i personally believe his shields are stronger then what Odin can dish out and break in a matter of seconds...

i dont believe he used them in his fight with odin for the sole reason thanos wanted to test himself to see what he could personally withstand same thing happen with thor....

besides thanos has more impressive shields display then the two you referenced from multiple shields being mention and overlapping one another to his tech shields that have energy percentage as the power drops to the one that galactus with some slight effort breach...

thanos with shields would force Odin to actually step up his game to try and breach them while seth can take advantage of this fact to help get them some wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by King Castle
i personally believe his shields are stronger then what Odin can dish out and break in a matter of seconds...

i dont believe he used them in his fight with odin for the sole reason thanos wanted to test himself to see what he could personally withstand same thing happen with thor....

besides thanos has more impressive shields display then the two you referenced from multiple shields being mention and overlapping one another to his tech shields that have energy percentage as the power drops to the one that galactus with some slight effort breach...

thanos with shields would force Odin to actually step up his game to try and breach them while seth can take advantage of this fact to help get them some wins.

Why? Thor broke them in moments. Champion was close to breaking them from what I recall.

The shields clearly vary in power. In my opinion? The shields in his fight with Omega and Galactus were so powerful because he prepared for those encounters.

You can't even claim the writer didn't know what he was doing or underestimating Thanos. All of these scenes were written by Starlin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Odin broke Thanos's shields THANOS'S shield with his first attack or second LOL . Are you ****ing kidding me? He never once used his shields in his fight with Odin. His shields can withstand sustained blasts from a pissed off omega and Galactus (well fed) yet a simple barely even trying (by your reasoning) and it breaks them? Are you really trying to be this stupid Rage? So then your stance is that a mere easy blast from Odin is enough to break his shields but it couldn't withstand a sustained blast from a pissed off omega and galactus. You bring up Champion.. his shields took multiple multiple shots before breaking. Futhermore, his shielding has been written way way way more being away from his body than not. Thus going by the majoirty and probably your view is dead wrong. it looks ot me like he just kinda using his energy manipulation to splash the blast around his body. There was no shielding there. The fact remains... a pissed off Odin couldn't put Thanos down quickly.. a Thanos who didn't even bring his shields to play and even your wrong view his best shields. The fact is Thanos will be ****ing the shit out of Odin from behind while seth makes him his *****

King Castle
i dont recall the champion shield breach but i do recall thor who was backed by the "power gem," it is expected...IMO.

also thanos has bn upgraded since his initial fight with Odin he is now far more durable add his shields on top of his upgrade if you choice to accept and he is a bigger headache then b4.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9221/guardiansofthegalaxyv22.jpg

care to explain how he prepared for those fights?

if he was aware that he was planning on seeing them, that isnt much of preparation.. i dont recall him being shown upgrading his shields or doing anything to them.. pls explain how and reference just a moment.

Bentley
Drax broke those shields smile

But in their defense they tanked Drax's mean knives smile

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Bentley
Drax broke those shields smile

But in their defense they tanked Drax's mean knives smile

Sometimes you're an idiot. Does gentically encoded with the desire and means to kill thanos not ring a bell to you?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin broke Thanos's shields THANOS'S shield with his first attack or second LOL . Are you ****ing kidding me? He never once used his shields in his fight with Odin. His shields can withstand sustained blasts from a pissed off omega and Galactus (well fed) yet a simple barely even trying (by your reasoning) and it breaks them? Are you really trying to be this stupid Rage? So then your stance is that a mere easy blast from Odin is enough to break his shields but it couldn't withstand a sustained blast from a pissed off omega and galactus. You bring up Champion.. his shields took multiple multiple shots before breaking. Futhermore, his shielding has been written way way way more being away from his body than not. Thus going by the majoirty and probably your view is dead wrong. it looks ot me like he just kinda using his energy manipulation to splash the blast around his body. There was no shielding there. The fact remains... a pissed off Odin couldn't put Thanos down quickly.. a Thanos who didn't even bring his shields to play and even your wrong view his best shields. The fact is Thanos will be ****ing the shit out of Odin from behind while seth makes him his *****

no expression

Are you forgetting that in that same arc, Thanos was shown creating a shield extremely close to his body and said shield was broken by Thor in one shot? Odin breaking it in a blast when it was directly shown he was beyond Thor is hardly surprising.

And even Champion can break them in a few hits -IRCC he was moments away from breaking them after throwing like 4 punches- Odin can break them in a single attack.

King Castle
leave him alone, he is tryin to be funny..

and your too emotional, chillax and debate civilly

Bentley
Sometimes you're an idiot. Does gentically encoded with the desire and means to kill thanos not ring a bell to you?

I just find it funny that Odin won't get pass Thanos's shield so Drax one and only time boosted to kill Thanos is suddenly bumped over skyfather level ermm

leave him alone, he is tryin to be funny..

and your too emotional, chillax and debate civilly

But mostly this.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i dont recall the champion shield breach but i do recall thor who was backed by the "power gem," it is expected...IMO.

also thanos has bn upgraded since his initial fight with Odin he is now far more durable add his shields on top of his upgrade if you choice to accept and he is a bigger headache then b4.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9221/guardiansofthegalaxyv22.jpg

care to explain how he prepared for those fights?

if he was aware that he was planning on seeing them, that isnt much of preparation.. i dont recall him being shown upgrading his shields or doing anything to them.. pls explain how and reference just a moment.

It was in the first issue of Thanos Quest.

So what if Thor had the Power Gem? That doesn't place him above Odin and it was made clear that Odin was above Blood and Thunder Thor.

I'm pretty sure that the invulnerability -along with whatever was protecting his mind- power was lost after the Cosmic Cube blast. Which is why suddenly killing Thanos was a possibility when they captured him and Drax reduced him to a skeleton. After the battle that followed his rebirth, his been returning to full power and is now invulnerable in the same sense that Green Scar is and not in the sense that Juggernaut is.

I'm fairly certain he was prepared for his fight against Omega. He even had a plan I believe and had set up a large shield around their base and so on. He was also aware that he was going to fight Galactus. As a matter of fact, he initiated the combat with Galactus.

This would explain the jump in power between his shields.

It's been pointed out by Walker that Thanos was tapping into his ships power source in the battle against him. Thanos using more powerful shields shouldn't be something that's out of character.

Edit: Ignore the last bit. Thanos clone most likely.

KuRuPT Thanosi
no expression

Are you forgetting that in that same arc, Thanos was shown creating a shield extremely close to his body and said shield was broken by Thor in one shot? Odin breaking it in a blast when it was directly shown he was beyond Thor is hardly surprising.

And even Champion can break them in a few hits -IRCC he was moments away from breaking them after throwing like 4 punches- Odin can break them in a single attack.

Are you forgetting that the shield Thor broke looks different than the one you CLAIM he had against Odin? Forgetting that part. Totally different than the one he had against Galactus, Omega, Champion and the list goes on.. Tell me something Rage.. Has Thanos shields been shown more times like you claim or more times away from his body? You know the answer.. thus the probability is it wasn't any shields involved what so ever. There was no shields being used against Odin.. THanos just took whatever Odin had to dish out.

Thor WITH the PG was a bigger threat than Odin. Eternity made this very clear. A hammer strike from a non holding back Thor WITH the PG is going to do a lot of damage no doubt.

KuRuPT Thanosi
It was in the first issue of Thanos Quest.

So what if Thor had the Power Gem? That doesn't place him above Odin and it was made clear that Odin was above Blood and Thunder Thor.

I'm pretty sure that the invulnerability -along with whatever was protecting his mind- power was lost after the Cosmic Cube blast. Which is why suddenly killing Thanos was a possibility when they captured him and Drax reduced him to a skeleton. After the battle that followed his rebirth, his been returning to full power and is now invulnerable in the same sense that Green Scar is and not in the sense that Juggernaut is.

I'm fairly certain he was prepared for his fight against Omega. He even had a plan I believe and had set up a large shield around their base and so on. He was also aware that he was going to fight Galactus. As a matter of fact, he initiated the combat with Galactus.

This would explain the jump in power between his shields.

It's been pointed out by Walker that Thanos was tapping into his ships power source in the battle against him. Thanos using more powerful shields shouldn't be something that's out of character.

Edit: Ignore the last bit. Thanos clone most likely.

As stated numerous times in The Thanos Imperative... His durability was lowered and he was not at full power and mentally unstable. Clear reaons why that bomb worked on him. However, that ISN'T applicable to a full powered, normal durabality with his mind stable Thanos. Stop trying to bring that up like it applies to a normal Thanos.

He was prepped against Omega I will give you that. I never said he increased his shielding but it's logical to think he could've. However, this doesn't change the fact that he wasn't using shields against Odin and just ook whatever Odin had to dish out.

Bentley
I think that Drax has more notion of how to physically destroy Thanos than you give him credit for. However I suppose it's possible that Thanos is still weakened at that point and that Drax intended to exploit his weakness. One way or another I think Drax knew he could destroy him like that -weakened or not-.

Stoic
At these levels of power, I think Odin would beat either of these guys alone, but together against the two I see him losing after a long drawn out fight.

Sr J-Bieb
Team 10/10

zopzop
Why? Thor broke them in moments. Champion was close to breaking them from what I recall.

Are you talking about the Thanos Quest (vs Champion) and Blood and Thunder (vs Thor) incidents? Because both those were Power Gem amped attacks vs Thanos' shields.

Vs Champion, Thanos even mentions it on panel.

Nihilist
Where was the energy hitting Thanos? The energy is clearly hitting his body, and where it isnt hitting his body the energy is starting filter around his head and body.

If Thanos had used a sheild, it must of been the exact shape and size of Thanos body, as said earlier the energy that isnt block is just going over his head and around his body,right next to his arms, and Thanos has never ever shown to have sheilds like that.

The sheild in the last scan was far bigger than his body, and he was holding that sheild, which you can see in another panel.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Nihilist
The energy is clearly hitting his body, and where it isnt hitting his body the energy is starting filter around his head and body.

If Thanos had used a sheild, it must of been the exact shape and size of Thanos body, as said earlier the energy that isnt block is just going over his head and around his body,right next to his arms, and Thanos has never ever shown to have sheilds like that.

The sheild in the last scan was far bigger than his body, and he was holding that sheild, which you can see in another panel.

I'm not seeing anything that's clear. Odin on one hand is clearly struck by Norrin's and Thanos' blasts for example.

Okay, what in your opinion is happening there? Why do you think the energy is filtering around Thanos' arms etc. without seemingly any contact.

The exact same shield he used against Thor except smaller in size would easily explain that situation.

Holding the shield? Heh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.