Is there any duo that can compete with Classic Strange & Fate?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Kent Nelson Dr. Fate and Classic Strange. Go at it.

Tha C-Master
What are the limits? Below Abstract?

Prep-Man
Yeah, below abstract level.

Q99
Fate (the one with the daggers and such. Immune to magic), and Black Alice.

Prep-Man
Also, maybe DC's Mage who can CANCEL out magic. Fate and BA are good choices, though.

Lord_Talron
dwarven mountain king. avatar = immune to magic GG creepsmile

marwash22
are we talking other magic users only, or anyone?

marwash22
how about Wanda?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by marwash22
are we talking other magic users only, or anyone?

Anyone.

"Id"
If Manga is allowed Dark Schneider. Wildstorm the Doctor.

illadelph12
Popeye and Spinach, muthaf*cka!

Johnny Sorrow
PC Mantis.

shokosugi
Beavis and butthead

shokosugi
Onslaught and hyperstorm
Odin and Rkt
Thanos and Darkseid

Warlord
Superman and magic weakness

Mshinu
Chuck Norris & bruce Lee

Steven Seagal soloes

byrdgang21
Hulk & Rulk
Voidtry & SBP

Martian_mind
Batman and Robin.

Uriel005
Speed Blitzers are the biggest danger for Strange. Maybe not even RKT because Sorcerer supreme is supposed to be the penultimate mage in the universe also as strong as RKT is do you think he can match the 3 Vishanti?. Classic Dr. Fate I'm not too sure about though.

Bentley
Black Alice and Batman.

marwash22
to what extent is Wondy immune to magic?

Originally posted by Uriel005
Speed Blitzers are the biggest danger for Strange. Maybe not even RKT because Sorcerer supreme is supposed to be the penultimate mage in the universe also as strong as RKT is do you think he can match the 3 Vishanti?. Classic Dr. Fate I'm not too sure about though. not really, classic strange had an autoshield spell always active. The force field manifested acording to necessity without conscious action.

Philosophía
Mordru and Robin.

Colossus-Big C
Juggernaut and silver age black adam

BullwinkleMoose
Herbie Popnecker and Squirrel Girl for the Stomp

Galan007
Black Alice and Fate (Jared Stevens) is an excellent combo.

Q99
to what extent is Wondy immune to magic?

Somewhat, but Circe's almost killed her with magics before.

Enchantments and illusions she's really good against, but blasty spells or such work fine, she's about as vulnerable as other magic types and gods.

The one special thing is that someone can't cast spells while encircled by the lasso, but that requires getting the lasso around them first.

amnesia
Originally posted by Mshinu
Jackie Chan and Jet Li

Bruce Lee soloes

Fixed that for you.

marwash22
Myxy's below abstract, correct? If so, I'd say he can give those two some run.

Q99
Originally posted by Q99

The one special thing is that someone can't cast spells while encircled by the lasso, but that requires getting the lasso around them first.

Oh, that reminds me, there's a character Agent M / Miracle from the comic Gold Digger with the ability to freeze time.

So, Agent M + WW, freeze time, wrap the lasso around them, unfreeze, then fight without all that pesky spellcasting.

amnesia
WW is nothing compared to classic fate and strage. Same goes for Thor.

marwash22
no one said she was, but that super duper haxx to the maxx lasso would apparently keep them from casting spells... then she could just pummel them.

amnesia
OK. Classic strange traps her in another dimension with a snap of his finger.

marwash22
Pfft. it's likely she'd just throw her tiara and cut herself free, or she'd just click her heels three times.

In seriousness, i was piggybacking off Q99's comment where the dude freezes time first.

no one said she was, but that super duper haxx to the maxx lasso would apparently keep them from casting spells... then she could just pummel them. Autoshields keep the lasso out or they teleport it away. They are trans level she is a mid/high herald, she can't take them.

marwash22
Originally posted by 753
Autoshields keep the lasso out or they teleport it away. They are trans level she is a mid/high herald, she can't take them. Originally posted by marwash22
In seriousness, i was piggybacking off Q99's comment where the dude freezes time first.

amnesia
Originally posted by 753
Autoshields keep the lasso out or they teleport it away. They are trans level she is a mid/high herald, she can't take them.

thumb up

Absolutely.

Q99
Originally posted by 753
Autoshields keep the lasso out or they teleport it away. They are trans level she is a mid/high herald, she can't take them.

Would autoshields work when time is frozen?

And yea, no way she can take them in a fight, I'm just trying to figure out a cheat scenario.

Myxy's below abstract, correct? If so, I'd say he can give those two some run. I think he is abstract.

Originally posted by Q99
Would autoshields work when time is frozen?

And yea, no way she can take them in a fight, I'm just trying to figure out a cheat scenario. not sure...

Black bolt z
Squirrel girl.Two of them.

Uriel005
Originally posted by 753
not really, classic strange had an autoshield spell always active. The force field manifested acording to necessity without conscious action.
If you have someone beefy enough with speed they are going to get through the shield Strange's biggest weakness is that if you can get around his shields and he isn't channeling something he's only human durability.

Lord_Talron
they'll get turned into a sheep

Originally posted by Uriel005
If you have someone beefy enough with speed they are going to get through the shield Strange's biggest weakness is that if you can get around his shields and he isn't channeling something he's only human durability. IIRC it's stopped some lightspeed attacks automatically

Desaad
I'd ask for a reference for that. I've seen him get messed up by Spiderman when he's not paying attention.

Originally posted by Desaad
I'd ask for a reference for that. I've seen him get messed up by Spiderman when he's not paying attention. Classic? IIRC it was Death Urge's arrow that was said to be equivalent to lightspeed or some such nonsense. Anyway, the shield is always active.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.