Odin vs Zeus Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
no energy manip, molecular manip, reality warp, telepathy or any effect just a fist fight

1.no amping
2. can amp

Uriel005
Odin

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Uriel005
Odin you know both of these guys are weaker than thor with out amping right?

Uriel005
But Thor isn't involved in this fight.
I still say Odin is just an overall better fighter than Zeus. I mean I feel that Odin likely joins in the every day Vallhallan brawl. How often does Zeus partake in fisticuffs?? Going Amped I think Odinforce just trumps Zeus.

Bentley
Zeus looks younger than Odin so he wins.

Uriel005
I don't think they mean take away base stats. I think it's just base immortal levels.

tideoftime
In a pure fist fight, I'd go with Odin for a clear majority, though Zeus' will to not go down will drag it out for awhile; Odin's mythology (both in comics and proper myth) lends more to the idea of his winning such a fight.

Amped gets a little tricky; while the Odinforce can make Odin extremely formidable, it should be kept in mind that Zeus has potential access to similar powers (whether via the Godwave -- if he's desperate enough -- or via his own connection to greater power that the other Olympians don't readily possess...). That makes things a bit less clear. I'd say a general draw in terms of amping, with the edge still going to Odin only due to applied finesse and cunning...

CosmicComet
Zeus' base strength is higher than Odin's.

h2h he'd probably edge Odin just as Herc edges Thor.

Uriel005
My issue is that Odin is a more hands on kind of guy than Zeus. Zeus tends to go more of a pure blast you to your base components approach. He might have higher base stats in strength but he doesn't put them into use enough for IMO. Odin overall base stat which I include experience into is higher than Zeus. I give Zeus slight strength edge but I think speed and fighting ability goes to Odin.

horrorwolf
Odin wins purely due to base hand-to-hand fighting skillset.

Uriel005
bump

nutorious
zeus looks stronger younger and bigger he wins both fights

zeel
Odin everytime.

Black bolt z
OdinOriginally posted by nutorious
zeus looks stronger younger and bigger he wins both fights Zues is not bigger(bulkier)then odin...

zopzop
You guys realize that UNAMPED according to their old handbook entries Odin was Class 70 and Zeus was Class 90 right?

Olympian gods DO NOT AGE once they reach a certain point. They don't slowly age, they just stop aging period (again unless something changed).

Unamped Zeus curbstomps Odin H2H. Amped who knows. They seem to consider each other equals.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by zopzop
You guys realize that UNAMPED according to their old handbook entries Odin was Class 70 and Zeus was Class 90 right?

Olympian gods DO NOT AGE once they reach a certain point. They don't slowly age, they just stop aging period (again unless something changed).

Unamped Zeus curbstomps Odin H2H. Amped who knows. They seem to consider each other equals. Key wordembarrasmentld

And a class 70 can beat a class 90...Its not like being a slightly lower class means you lose erm

zopzop
Zeus is more physically fit than Odin, Olympian gods don't age unlike the Norse gods (unless Marvel changed something recently).
Actually the Official Handbook Of the Marvel Universe '89 (or was it '85) stated that the Olympian and Egyptian gods DON'T age past what would be the equivalent of 30-33 for humans.

That's why Odin looks like a geriatric but Zeus doesn't. It would be like a stronger 30-33 year old beating on a 60-70 year old man. That's a felony in most countries :P

Zeus isn't some noob when it comes to H2H and he's stronger UNAMPED (again unless Marvel changed something).

EDIT :

Links with their physical, unamped stats :

Odin - http://marvel.wikia.com/Odin_Borson_%28Earth-616%29

Zeus - http://marvel.wikia.com/Zeus_Panhellenios_%28Earth-616%29

Black bolt z
Zeus is more physically fit than Odin, Olympian gods don't age unlike the Norse gods (unless Marvel changed something recently).
Actually the Official Handbook Of the Marvel Universe '89 (or was it '85) stated that the Olympian and Egyptian gods DON'T age past what would be the equivalent of 30-33 for humans.

That's why Odin looks like a geriatric but Zeus doesn't. It would be like a stronger 30-33 year old beating on a 60-70 year old man. That's a felony in most countries :P

Zeus isn't some noob when it comes to H2H and he's stronger UNAMPED (again unless Marvel changed something).

EDIT :

Links with their physical, unamped stats :

Odin - http://marvel.wikia.com/Odin_Borson_%28Earth-616%29

Zeus - http://marvel.wikia.com/Zeus_Panhellenios_%28Earth-616%29 Age doesn't really matter...you do know that right?Considering both are immortal.

galactusischere
Asgardians aren't immortal.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by galactusischere
Asgardians aren't immortal. Since when?Hasn't odin been around for a couple thousand years?At minimum.

zopzop
Originally posted by galactusischere
Asgardians aren't immortal.

Thank You.

@Black bolt z

You realize Odin AGES slowly but he still ages, and it's possible for him to die of old age. Zeus stopped aging when he hit the equivalent of 30-33 for humans for his race.

Odin is slowly deteriorating while Zeus is laughing off the effects of time and aging.

Hence in a H2H unamped brawl, he gets stomped by the YOUNGER STRONGER Zeus.

zopzop
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Since when?Hasn't odin been around for a couple thousand years?At minimum.

Most of the current crop of Earth Gods has. But unlike the Egyptian and Olympians, the Asgardians continue to AGE.

I even provided links for you.

Black bolt z
Most of the current crop of Earth Gods has. But unlike the Egyptian and Olympians, the Asgardians continue to AGE.

I even provided links for you. Ok even if he does age it doesn't make him weaker just because hes older...I beat I could find a couple 60 year olds that could beat 30 year olds in fights.

DarkOdin
Odin in both.

He has handed 100+ton bricks their on butts tons of times Thor, Thanos, SS, etc.

As for Zeus he is 2nd to strength to his soon Hercules.

Handbooks suck and are non-canon anyways "thank god"

Odin has more combat feats and amping feats then Zeus so he wins.

the ninjak
Zeus is a pompous aristocrat Odin is warrior elite.

Colossus-Big C
the zeus being second to hercules is not true
zeus has overpowered thor physically

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
zeus has overpowered thor physically i was talking why the handbooks are crap. roll eyes (sarcastic) Anyway Odin while weakand posioned laid out ulik someone who gives Thor trouble

Black bolt z
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Odin in both.

He has handed 100+ton bricks their on butts tons of times Thor, Thanos, SS, etc.

As for Zeus he is 2nd to strength to his soon Hercules.

Handbooks suck and are non-canon anyways "thank god"

Odin has more combat feats and amping feats then Zeus so he wins. Handbooks aren't non-canon...

ankur29
zeus for both

zopzop
Handbooks aren't non-canon...

Handbooks give us a general power level for the characters. The incredible thing is the info concerning Odin and Zeus has remained consistent through the decades.

UNAMPED, exactly like the handbooks have been saying FOR YEARS, Zeus > Odin in physical attributes. Add to the fact that Asgardians age and Olympians don't and UNAMPED, Odin get's owned by Zeus.

Amped is a totally different story. I'd give a slight edge to Odin.

zopzop
zeus has overpowered thor physically

Read the handbook entry again, UNAMPED Zeus is second to Herc in strength. It says it right there.

Black bolt z
Handbooks give us a general power level for the characters. The incredible thing is the info concerning Odin and Zeus has remained consistent through the decades.

UNAMPED, exactly like the handbooks have been saying FOR YEARS, Zeus > Odin in physical attributes. Add to the fact that Asgardians age and Olympians don't and UNAMPED, Odin get's owned by Zeus.

Amped is a totally different story. I'd give a slight edge to Odin. Your equating being older to losing and younger to winning.

zopzop
Your equating being older to losing and younger to winning.

Uhm yeah? We are discussing UNAMPED and AMPED.

UNAMPED with godly/cosmic power, Odin is a geriatric. He, like all other Asgardians, deteriorate (and eventually die) with age.

Zeus and the Olympians DO NOT AGE. They stop aging when they reach the human equivalent of 30-33. So, UNAMPED, you have a senior citizen fighting hand 2 hand vs a man in his prime.

Colossus-Big C
does hercules strenght come from gaea like thors do?
there the only guys in those pantheons with class 100 strength under normal conditions

zopzop
Colossus

No, Herc's mom was a mortal woman.

ankur29
how is herc so much stronger than most of his race

thors excuse is that his mother was gaea

zeus's had herc with a mortal and he turned out as strong as thor

zopzop
Maybe because Zeus is stupid powerful and he didn't need Gaea like Odin did?

DarkOdin

Amped is a totally different story. I'd give a slight edge to Odin. WTF are talking about Odin has a much longer history of being unamped and smacking around 100 ton bricks Zeus only has a slight few, As for the Zeus and others stop aging in therte 30's Zeus body is that of a 50 + old man. And as far as handbooks go they are non-cannon on here a mod can verife this

DarkOdin
Maybe because Zeus is stupid powerful and he didn't need Gaea like Odin did? More like jus tstupid Hercules was much weaker in his mortal form but then Zeus made him immortal and stronger then him oops!! again stupid

yoshimitso
More like jus tstupid Hercules was much weaker in his mortal form but then Zeus made him immortal and stronger then him oops!! again stupid

see people? this is the reason i hate fanboys like that guy not only they wank on there favorite character but they also feel the need to trash talk other characters

zeus beats his ass in both fights

Uriel005
Ummm... yeah they aren't fighting at human levels... I don't think that at least. When they say unamped I think the OP means no god powers not that there strength is reduced to mortal levels. At standard strength and speed I give it to Odin, Zeus has always been a I smite you with a thunderbolt kinda guy to solve his problems while Odin comes down to beat your skull in with a rock if need be.

zopzop
Guys one of the questions in this thread was Odin vs Zeus UNAMPED.

Their handbook entries make it clear who would win UNAMPED (hint, it's not Odin).

DarkOdin
Guys one of the questions in this thread was Odin vs Zeus UNAMPED.

Their handbook entries make it clear who would win UNAMPED (hint, it's not Odin). Handbooks=crap
Comic feats show other wise if we use your handbook junk then

Hercules>then Zues

Odin> pummeled Thor muiltiple times no amps

Thor=Hercules in strength

Odin>Thor=Hercules>Zeus

Colossus-Big C
Handbooks=crap
Comic feats show other wise if we use your handbook junk then

Hercules>then Zues

Odin> pummeled Thor muiltiple times no amps

Thor=Hercules in strength

Odin>Thor=Hercules>Zeus zeus is stronger thor

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1317666-thor_annual_08_28_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1317665-thor_annual_08_29.jpg

he is also stronger than namor

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1714/228767-110902-zeus.jpg

DarkOdin
zeus is stronger thor

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1317666-thor_annual_08_28_super.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1317665-thor_annual_08_29.jpg

he is also stronger than namor

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1714/228767-110902-zeus.jpg Which is my point that handbooks are junk.

If the handbooks were right namor and even more so Thor would destroy Zeus in a H2H

Kinasin
Zeus

paradisu
H2H zeus is the better fighter he is more of a brawler than odin and the better fighter overall and also as the scans show us zeus will beat odin in a H2H fight

by the way i jave noticed that over here and other comics forums people that had juggernaut sigs or avatars removed it ... some fans you are just because the guy having some bad times you give him the finger? wtf will you tell him when he gets his powers back? he be like wtf you f^ckin back stubing midgets

Warlord
yeah...Juggy will be pissed...watch your backs...and stuff....

paradisu
am telling you man jugga will revenge his shit

paradisu
first thing juggernaut will do when he gets his powers back is go to japan and woop as many ninjas as he will find

paradisu
a slug fest?

Kinasin
Originally posted by paradisu
a slug fest?
gnukgnukgnuknaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

zopzop
Which is my point that handbooks are junk.

If the handbooks were right namor and even more so Thor would destroy Zeus in a H2H

Jeez, the Handbooks themselves say, "when not bolstering his strength by other means" aka when he's not AMPING, and then give their base strength.

The stat for Odin and Zeus hasn't changed in decades and you can safely assume this is how the Marvel writers/editors want it.

Unamped you have the following facts :

Zeus is at 90 tons, Odin at 75

Olympians don't age after hitting the equivalent of a 30-33 year old human being, Asgardians continue aging and will eventually die of old age (compare Odin's appearance to Zeus' as further proof of Odin's deterioration, the handbook states that he originally had blond hair)

Both Zeus and Odin are skilled hand 2 hand combatants (says so right in their handbook entry)

Zeus wins this EASILY unamped.

EDIT :

Here's the exact quote -
http://marvel.wikia.com/Zeus_Panhellenios_%28Earth-616%29

See the part in bold? That's called WITHOUT AMPING.

DarkOdin
Jeez, the Handbooks themselves say, "when not bolstering his strength by other means" aka when he's not AMPING, and then give their base strength.

The stat for Odin and Zeus hasn't changed in decades and you can safely assume this is how the Marvel writers/editors want it.

Unamped you have the following facts :

Zeus is at 90 tons, Odin at 75

Olympians don't age after hitting the equivalent of a 30-33 year old human being, Asgardians continue aging and will eventually die of old age (compare Odin's appearance to Zeus' as further proof of Odin's deterioration, the handbook states that he originally had blond hair)

Both Zeus and Odin are skilled hand 2 hand combatants (says so right in their handbook entry)

Zeus wins this EASILY unamped.

EDIT :

Here's the exact quote -
http://marvel.wikia.com/Zeus_Panhellenios_%28Earth-616%29

See the part in bold? That's called WITHOUT AMPING.

Did you really just quote marvel wikipedia as reference it is a fan base/made websight. Odin with out the Odinpower has taken the dark gos while they had the odinpower Odin and Zeus are 100plus ton bricks They have both owned Thor in brute force many times in comics were theere was no amping. Comic book feats are what we debate here. We have seen when Odin and Zeus amp their strength and it gets ugly they don't needed no danm amp

zopzop
Did you really just quote marvel wikipedia as reference it is a fan base/made websight. Odin with out the Odinpower has taken the dark gos while they had the odinpower Odin and Zeus are 100plus ton bricks They have both owned Thor in brute force many times in comics were theere was no amping. Comic book feats are what we debate here. We have seen when Odin and Zeus amp their strength and it gets ugly they don't needed no danm amp

No Marvel wikia quoted word for word from the Handbook, I have the handbook myself.

Without bolstering their strength by other means :

Odin class 70, Zeus class 90.

Zeus the human equivalent of a 30 year old man, Odin a geriatric.

Both adept at hand 2 hand

You do the math.

Here, here is the EXACT word for word and even picture of the Marvel Handbook entry on Zeus :
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/z/zeus.htm

Also

Unamped Zeus crushed Odin H2H.

DarkOdin
No Marvel wikia quoted word for word from the Handbook, I have the handbook myself.

Without bolstering their strength by other means :

Odin class 70, Zeus class 90.

Zeus the human equivalent of a 30 year old man, Odin a geriatric.

Both adept at hand 2 hand

You do the math.

Here, here is the EXACT word for word and even picture of the Marvel Handbook entry on Zeus :
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/z/zeus.htm

Also

Unamped Zeus crushed Odin H2H.

Zeus unaged from 30 laughing Zeus has been show as a gray haired old man a few times and show me in a comic where Zeus could only lift 90 tons he has stomped Thor cold with no amp or you are doing is showing non-canon scans over and over again stop the trolling bs already

zopzop
Zeus unaged from 30 laughing Zeus has been show as a gray haired old man a few times and show me in a comic where Zeus could only lift 90 tons he has stomped Thor cold with no amp or you are doing is showing non-canon scans over and over again stop the trolling bs already

Speaking of trolls.....

The OFFICIAL HANDBOOKS have been consistent on this through the years. The OFFICIAL HANDBOOKS state :

Olympians DO NOT AGE after reaching the human equivalent of 30-33

Asgardians are not immortal like the Olympians and continue aging but slowly

UNAMPED Zeus is Class 90

UNAMPED Odin is Class 70

I'm done with you. It's right there in black and white.

DarkOdin
Speaking of trolls.....

The OFFICIAL HANDBOOKS have been consistent on this through the years. The OFFICIAL HANDBOOKS state :

Olympians DO NOT AGE after reaching the human equivalent of 30-33

Asgardians are not immortal like the Olympians and continue aging but slowly

UNAMPED Zeus is Class 90

UNAMPED Odin is Class 70

I'm done with you. It's right there in black and white. THe offical handbooks are non used on this SITE !!!!!!

Read the rules

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

zopzop
THe offical handbooks are non used on this SITE !!!!!!

Read the rules

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

Again you can't hide behind the "rules". These are official stats from MARVEL, you know, the OWNERS/CREATORS of the characters! The stats for Zeus and Odin are UNCHANGED for at least a few decades. Do you understand this? This is how the editors/writers want them portrayed.

One of the questions the OP asked was who would win UNAMPED. According to Marvel's own handbooks, it's Zeus.

DarkOdin
Again you can't hide behind the "rules". These are official stats from MARVEL, you know, the OWNERS/CREATORS of the characters! The stats for Zeus and Odin are UNCHANGED for at least a few decades. Do you understand this? This is how the editors/writers want them portrayed.

One of the questions the OP asked was who would win UNAMPED. According to Marvel's own handbooks, it's Zeus. laughing Gotchya i have to cheat like you too win this debate laughing

Colossus-Big C
bump

DarkOdin
again really

Amping Odin still has more/better feats

No amping it can go either way however Iam going with Odin for Asgardians being more brutal

King Castle
i'll go with the trained warrior even if we go by bio stats due to actual combat experience of a warrior race

Rage.Of.Olympus
Non amped? I'm not completely sure.

Going by some of the feats Odin Force wielders have even when extremely weakened or drained of most of the Force, then I'd bet my money on Odin. At the same time, even a small portion of the Odin Force is above herald level in terms of power so I'm not sure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.