The Fighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
The Fighter.

Starring Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale and Amy Adams.

1_zijS_UAtw

Despite being one of those films so Irish people can finally feel good about Irish, it looks like it could be decent.

The Nuul
Good acting film but still DVD for me. Bale looks like the same acting quality as the Machinist.

Nephthys
I'm looking forward to the sequel: The Cleric.

Ba dum buum tish!

SnakeEyes
I'll see this for Bale.

BruceSkywalker
this seems pretty good to go see

RE: Blaxican
Pass. Bale sucks.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Pass. Bale sucks.

Have you seen American Psycho? The Machinist? The Prestige? Rescue Dawn? Hell, even Equilibrium, I'm Not There, or 3:10 to Yuma?

Gtfo, you just didn't like him in the Batman movies.

His weakest role was in the Batman movies rofl. That's where he sucked the most.

It always confuses me when people say things like "Haven't you seen such and such movie that he was in!"

SnakeEyes
How is that confusing? I'm asking if you've seen films in which he delivers solid performances. Pretty damn simple.

Kazenji
Pass. Bale sucks.

I'm sick of seeing this type of comment on this place especally when all they've seen of him is in the Batman movies....

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
How is that confusing? I'm asking if you've seen films in which he delivers solid performances. Pretty damn simple.

You've asked me this before. Answer is yes, and it was as dumb then as it was now. What difference does it make if I've seen him in one movie or 20? If I don't like his acting then I don't like his acting. It's not like I was all like "omfg Bale's the worst and anyone who disagrees is stoopid hur".Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm sick of seeing this type of comment on this place especally when all they've seen of him is in the Batman movies.... I'm sick of seeing this type of comment on this place especially when they're jumping to conclusions.

samortan
It would be a nice action movie, i love to watch movies.

I was on my period yesterday guys. I love you Franky Figs.

Robtard

Edit: The ****, my comp went psycho and killed my post. Lame

Yeah, I totally agree.

Not sure why Batman's up in this conversation though. Batman was weeeeaaaak.

Robtard
Consider the character, you're not going to get an Oscar worthy performance out of anyone playing Batman. I think Bale did alright; I do like Nolan's version.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm sick of seeing this type of comment on this place especally when all they've seen of him is in the Batman movies....

Aye, I bet most of his haters havent even seen The Machinist. Batman is not a award winning role, why would some people think that he would win any?

American Psycho, The Machinist, The Prestige and Rescue Dawn are great acting roles. So theres more to Bale than just Batman, the haters are so short sighted.

I didn't mind TDK. Begins kind of bored me though.

Robtard
He showed his talent early on in Empire of the Sun. Another great bale performance and film.

The Nuul
Yeah, thats a good acting film. Bale shouldnt be judge based on his Batman roles even though thats his money maker and spot light.

Mr. Rhythmic
Is it just me, or do they not sound Irish in any way, shape, or form? The quality of the film is good, but I see this as another overdramatic boxer movie with big names. What makes a film like "Rocky" so awesome is its strong characters. I've met Rocky, and sometimes I know I feel like him. And even as the series becomes more epic, you still have an emotional connection with Rocky. These characters feel like movie characters.

The Nuul
See, I wasnt a fan of Crowes boxer, I just liked it because my friend Art Binkowski was in the movie. So I can agree with that but Bale will pull off the good acting, Mark will just be meh.

SnakeEyes
You've asked me this before. Answer is yes, and it was as dumb then as it was now. What difference does it make if I've seen him in one movie or 20? If I don't like his acting then I don't like his acting. It's not like I was all like "omfg Bale's the worst and anyone who disagrees is stoopid hur". I'm sick of seeing this type of comment on this place especially when they're jumping to conclusions.

Okay, I'll try to remember next time - Blaxican is extremely close-minded and can't recognize good acting. Because, seriously, if you'd seen American Psycho, The Machinist, The Prestige, etc. like you say you have, you wouldn't say "Bale sucks." You may not LIKE him, but that's different than him being a bad actor. I hope that makes sense, I realize it might be a little confusing for you.

The Nuul
Actors like Bale or Viggo are great, they lost a lot of weight for their roles. Denzel didnt do that for his role of a starving World, Craig didnt even want to try to learn a manual trany for his Bond movie so he ended up with a automatic Austin lol.

They have the something that seprates the great actors from the good or ok ones.

Okay, I'll try to remember next time - Blaxican is extremely close-minded and can't recognize good acting. Because, seriously, if you'd seen American Psycho, The Machinist, The Prestige, etc. like you say you have, you wouldn't say "Bale sucks." You may not LIKE him, but that's different than him being a bad actor. I hope that makes sense, I realize it might be a little confusing for you. Define good and bad in an objective manner.

SnakeEyes
Define good and bad in an objective manner.

Are you trying to say that acting is subjective, therefore you can't be wrong when you say "Bale sucks"? Shitty argument imo.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Is it just me, or do they not sound Irish in any way, shape, or form? The quality of the film is good, but I see this as another overdramatic boxer movie with big names. What makes a film like "Rocky" so awesome is its strong characters. I've met Rocky, and sometimes I know I feel like him. And even as the series becomes more epic, you still have an emotional connection with Rocky. These characters feel like movie characters.

They're actually Americans, just of Irish decent, so they should have Massachusetts accents if anything.

This film is based off real life events. Ward, an older and supposedly washed-up boxer came back and had several great fights, notably the named "Fight of the Year" in 2002.

The Ward-Gatti matches are well known for their non-stop action in the boxing world.

Are you trying to say that acting is subjective, therefore you can't be wrong when you say "Bale sucks"? Shitty argument imo. No, you.

Well I'm glad that's over with.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Robtard
The Fighter.

Starring Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale and Amy Adams.

1_zijS_UAtw

Despite being one of those films so Irish people can finally feel good about Irish, it looks like it could be decent.

what do you mean "finally"? stick out tongue

The Nuul
Mark sounds Bostonish than Irish.

SnakeEyes
No, you.

Well I'm glad that's over with.

Yeah... I can see you've got nothing.

In your opinion my argument is a shitty one, in my opinion your opinion sucks. So, where do we go from here? You say that I've got nothing, but really, I'm just ahead of the curve. If you used your brain, you'd realize that this discussion is not going to end with you or me saying "you're right", so what's the point?

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Robtard
They're actually Americans, just of Irish decent, so they should have Massachusetts accents if anything.

This film is based off real life events. Ward, an older and supposedly washed-up boxer came back and had several great fights, notably the named "Fight of the Year" in 2002.

The Ward-Gatti matches are well known for their non-stop action in the boxing world.

I know the events are "real," and I've seen a few of his fights. However, I quote the term 'real' because this still truly feels like a Hollywood movie. You can have something based off an actual event, but if the characters don't feel real in the movie, it doesn't matter.

The Nuul
No one has seen this yet?

Esau Cairn
I think Bale can be over-zealous with his roles, no matter the strength of the movie itself.

But then again, that's better than just "phoning-in" his role like so many actors seem to do these days.

simran

galina
I have not watch the fighter movie yet but i have heard a lot that this movie is action based.I will definitely watch this movie in spare time.

SnakeEyes
Saw this last night - there's a lot to love in this movie, namely the performances. Christian Bale is utterly amazing here, the man deserves any awards coming his way. Melissa Leo was also very, very good. It's not so much a boxing movie either, but rather a family drama with boxing in it, so those of you expecting a ton of literal/physical fighting should look elswhere.

Robtard
Saw this yesterday, a very, very good film. Bale was superb, Walhberg was good enough and Amy Adams looked delicious.

All around a solid movie with multiple notable performances.

The Nuul
Do you think Bale would get best supporting actor?

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
Do you think Bale would get best supporting actor?

Be an insult if he's not nominated. Not sure who'll be on the list though. Top of my head, can't really think of another that matched his role.

RocasAtoll
John Hawke from Winter's Bone. It's solely between those two.

I've wanted to see this movie for a while now. Is it like The Wrestler, or is it a straight up family drama?

Robtard
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
John Hawke from Winter's Bone. It's solely between those two.

I've wanted to see this movie for a while now. Is it like The Wrestler, or is it a straight up family drama?

There's family and there's drama, but there's more to it than just that.

It's performance driven more so than story, as the story is fairly simple, guy overcoming great odds. You've seen this many times I'm sure.

Impediment
Double post.

General_Iroh
Probably wait to see this on dvd, I'm not insane about Bale, I think he's decent, but I'm not at all a Wahlberg fan, and from that trailers this doesn't look like anything new erm

The Nuul
Bale is outstanding. Mark is typical as always. Stallone was a much better actor in Rocky than Mark is in this movie. Rocky also has the better dramatic climax fights.

Still an very good movie and on of the best of this year.

Rogue Jedi
Great flick, Bale was awesome as Dickie.

jinXed by JaNx
I didn't realize until the end of the film that this was based off the guy that the, Dropkick Murphys song, Warriors code is about. I liked this movie. It had a lot less to do with boxing than i originally anticipated but that's not a bad thing. Bale definitely did a good job and so did the rest of the cast. There is some really good drama here.

jimywaugh
The combat is a powerful drama and emotionally moving that has an incredibly strong and the best performance by Christian Bale in a very, very long. Honestly, I did not like a boxing movie since Raging Bull this property. With every end of the year honors and speak so many films that recently launched in the coming weeks will be potential winners, it is worth every effort to see the movie The Wrestler.

Robtard
Originally posted by jimywaugh
The combat is a powerful drama and emotionally moving that has an incredibly strong and the best performance by Christian Bale in a very, very long. Honestly, I did not like a boxing movie since Raging Bull this property. With every end of the year honors and speak so many films that recently launched in the coming weeks will be potential winners, it is worth every effort to see the movie The Wrestler.

ALL YOUR BINGO ADDS ARE BELONG TO US!

edward91

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by edward91
A look at the early years of boxer "Irish" Micky Ward and his brother who helped train him before going pro in the mid 1980s. Well no shit.

ankur29
does anyone else think that christian bale looks like the joker in this film

Robtard
Originally posted by ankur29
does anyone else think that christian bale looks like the joker in this film

Can't say I've ever thought of the Joker as being a skinny and balding crack-head with a nervous twitch.

ankur29
http://www.jacksflix.com/

in the photo on the right bale looks kinda wirey and jokerish , imagine they put the joker get up on him

jinXed by JaNx
lol yeah, i see where your going with this and i agree, Bale is nutty enough to pull off the joker lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.