Terminator or Aliens or Predator or Robocop?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
How would you rank these 4 classic 80's action movies?

What did you like best about them in terms of plot, action, special effects, cast, music, endings & legacy?

I think that they all match up pretty well but im gonna pick Predator as my favourite out of the four.

jinXed by JaNx
Well all of these movies would deserving of a spot in any ones top five list of best sci-fi movies but i rank them as follows....

Aliens
Predator
Terminator
Robocop

Even today all of these movies hold up and are often in a league of their own when it comes to quality but Terminator has started to show it's age as has Robocop. For me, however, nothing compares to Aliens. For me, the effects in Aliens is just a small part of what makes it a masterpiece but it really is a great testament to the effects to see how well they have aged. The effects in that movie are still in a league of their own 20+ years later. Terminator and Robocop have shown their age a great deal but all of the effects in these movies still hold up 20+ years later. That astounds me when you consider the budget and time restraints these movies had at the time. Although, it's mostly the writing and acting that make these movies so memorable.

Placidity
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well all of these movies would deserving of a spot in any ones top five list of best sci-fi movies but i rank them as follows....

Aliens
Predator
Terminator
Robocop

Even today all of these movies hold up and are often in a league of their own when it comes to quality but Terminator has started to show it's age as has Robocop. For me, however, nothing compares to Aliens.

I agree with this.

The Nuul

Aliens
Predator
Terminator
Robocop

Even today all of these movies hold up and are often in a league of their own when it comes to quality but Terminator has started to show it's age as has Robocop. For me, however, nothing compares to Aliens. For me, the effects in Aliens is just a small part of what makes it a masterpiece but it really is a great testament to the effects to see how well they have aged. The effects in that movie are still in a league of their own 20+ years later. Terminator and Robocop have shown their age a great deal but all of the effects in these movies still hold up 20+ years later. That astounds me when you consider the budget and time restraints these movies had at the time. Although, it's mostly the writing and acting that make these movies so memorable.

Doc Blake
Aliens
Predator
Terminator
Robocop

the ninjak
1. Alien.
2. Terminator
3. Predator
4. Robocop

The Predator films or universe or characters are not better than Terminators'.

MildPossession
AlienS
Terminator
Predator

Never thought much of Robocop.

Darth Martin
Aliens
The Terminator
Predator
RoboCop

Aliens is just the bigger event. It is an epic film very much in the sense that The Dark Knight and Terminator 2: Judgement Day are.

Predator gets repetitive but is still classic to me. RoboCop is plain fun in its comic moments, business scens, and solid action. Clarence Boddicker is a great villain and the graphic scenes are unrelentless. Dick Jones is a suck a dick...... The Terminator is better than those two though.

Die Hard is substantially better than all of them, however.

Dave_97
robocop.
robocop.
robocop.
robocop.

K.Diddy
smokin'

1.Aliens
2.Terminator
3.Predator
4.Robocop

beer The first 3 movies are classics,Robocop is good too,but I dont feel it is in the same League as the other 3 films,I think Robocop is quite overrated.

Terminator
Aliens
Predator
Robocop

BruceSkywalker
Terminator
Predator
Aliens
Robocop

Robtard
Terminator
Aliens
Robocop
Predator

^ /fact

majid86
Predator has the best cast by far.
I mean Arnie, Jesse, Carl Weathers, Bill Duke, Sonny Landham & Carl Weathers were all in that movie as Special Forces commandos not to mention even Van Damne was the Predator in the first couple of scenes.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by majid86
Predator has the best cast by far.
I mean Arnie, Jesse, Carl Weathers, Bill Duke, Sonny Landham & Carl Weathers were all in that movie as Special Forces commandos not to mention even Van Damne was the Predator in the first couple of scenes.

Van Damne was not the predator in the first couple of scenes! he was there but i don't think anything was used with him in the film, i think he left when they found out how craptacular the first predator suit was. it was all KPH!

For me the order would be
Predator
Aliens
Terminator
Robocop

For me Predator has more rewatchability than any of them cause it doesn't have any slow parts at all it pulls you in right away and keeps you hooked.

majid86
Predator also has a very great setting/plot as well

Myth

Aliens
Predator
Terminator
Robocop

Same. Not a huge gap between any of them either.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Myth
Same. Not a huge gap between any of them either.

erm Robocop is easily the weakest of them

Myth
I feel that there is a bigger gap for me between Predator and Terminator than there is between Terminator and Robocop. Now if it were Terminator 2, that would be a different story.

K.Diddy
I feel that there is a bigger gap for me between Predator and Terminator than there is between Terminator and Robocop. Now if it were Terminator 2, that would be a different story.

smokin' I actually like Terminator better then the 2nd,maybe because I've seen the second one way too many times,but the 1st has a real tension building feel to it,the 2nd was more just a straight up action movie

Myth
Speaking of Terminator 2, I'm building a badass T1000 costume for Halloween. Complete with silver bullet holes and sheet metal arm extensions like the scene where T1000 climbs the back of a car.

Mr. Rhythmic
Terminator
Aliens
Predator
Robocop (only because only one film was fantastic; "Robocop 2" wasn't bad, but it wasn't great)

jolly
Alien And predator are my best.
About Terminator and robocop movies i haven't watched these movies so i have no idea about these.

Myth
^ You need to play a little catch up then.

Darth Martin
Speaking of Terminator 2, I'm building a badass T1000 costume for Halloween. Complete with silver bullet holes and sheet metal arm extensions like the scene where T1000 climbs the back of a car. Pics?

ashleyy
I'll go for terminator.

Myth
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Pics?

I'll put them up when it is complete. I have everything ready except the arms.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by jolly

About Terminator and robocop movies i haven't watched these movies so i have no idea about these.

blink Whoa

leon786
i mostly liked Alien VS Prediator movie

K.Diddy
Originally posted by leon786
i mostly liked Alien VS Prediator movie

no expression They come at night.....Mostly

rimmy8788
In terms of plot, action, special effects, cast, music, endings & legacy i think that terminator is the best.

Myth
Pics?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e148/crazydonovan12/SUC52649-Copy.jpg

Darth Martin
Nice. thumb up

What reactions did you get?

Myth
Nice. thumb up

What reactions did you get?

Pretty much all positive. I ended up working at a haunted corn maze with it to make a few extra bucks and I ended up chasing people through the maze. It was surprisingly very effective at scaring people despite not being the stereotypical bloody monster. Also, rattling the metal arms together scared the crap out of people. Interestingly enough, a lot of little kids (7 and under) actually knew who I was supposed to be.

Mindship
Aliens
T2
Pred
Robo

Aliens > T2 thanks to Vasquez.
T2 > Pred thanks to Robert Patrick's ears and finger-waving style (ie, icely terrifying > brutally horrific).

Sir Ris
Originally posted by Robtard
Terminator
Aliens
Robocop
Predator

^ /fact

QFT

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Mindship
Aliens > T2 Lies.

Scythe
Aliens, see Hudson.

Pig Newtons
Tough call between Aliens and Predator, but I chose Aliens. If T2: Judgment Day had been in the poll options however...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.