EU: Where to start.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaedusRules
About 8 years ago I picked Timmothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire off my father's dusty book case, and I have been addicted ever since. I started off reading every book in order after Heir, reached the end, and began rereading.

Now I'm interested in reading some novels that occured before the trilogies, but I'm hesitant because I'm not sure where to start. There was an obvious progression in post ROTJ novels, and obvious repeat characters to follow. I'm trying to find a strech of novels that contain similar structures like same time frame, same charactes, and something longer then a trilogy.

I'm not sure if this is how it works with pre-ANH novels, but any help on where to start would be great.

Nephthys
Does that include the Vong war? I hear those are nifty, but havn't read them myself, so meh. This website can get you most of the novels for free, so you could browse at your leisure. I can recommend the Darth Bane books, which show a good insight into a darksiders life. Theres also The Lost Tribe books, which seem like your thing, and others which might are good are: Outbound Flight(has Thrawn in it), Shatterpoint (excellent), Dark Rendevous(superb), The Revenge of the Sith novel(fantastic, soooo much better than the movie), The Rise of Darth Vader, The Coruscant Nights books and The Force Unleashed book. I recommend you wiki them first though to see if you'll like them.

Finally, I recommend This fanfiction Which is one of teh finest pieces of fiction period I've read, and better than 99% of things EU. And also Publius's stuff is decent.

That should be enough, right?

Shey Tapani
Start with Darth Bane Path Of Destruction when it comes to books.

Lord Lucien
Someone post the link to the Russian site. It's chronological.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Someone post the link to the Russian site. It's chronological. http://sweu.ru/index.php/bookshelf/2010-03-10-13-10-45/2010-03-10-13-16-26.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.