How Many Thors would it take?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
You are given a machine by the TOAA that allows you to create an unlimited number of perfect Thor clones complete with perfect Mjolnir copies. Each Thor is at your complete control (thus are CIS/CIP-free) and posseses all the knowledge and experience of the original. You are then given a set of tasks to accomplish. How many Thors would it take (at bare minimum) to accomplish the ff. set of goals.

-Kill Thanos.
-Conquer Marvel Earth in a week at best.
-Conquer Apokolips in day.
-Defeat the combined forces of Monarch, SBP and SA Mangog
-Defeat the entire GL Corps all at once and conquer OA in a day at best.
-Conquer the entire Kree/Shi'ar realms in a month (due to size) at best
-Conquer DC Earth (no interference from the Presence, but the Spectre is at base non-amped power levels).
-Destroy Galactus and his heralds.

-Pr-
Do they have my knowledge too? Like, can I just say "destroy the central battery and you win" or do they have to go by Thor's knowledge?

marwash22

rough estimates. I need to know specifics, like who is on Earth for Mrvel and DC and is it all of Big-G's heralds.

over 9000

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
over 9000

You beat me to it!

Stoic
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
You are given a machine by the TOAA that allows you to create an unlimited number of perfect Thor clones complete with perfect Mjolnir copies. Each Thor is at your complete control (thus are CIS/CIP-free) and posseses all the knowledge and experience of the original. You are then given a set of tasks to accomplish. How many Thors would it take (at bare minimum) to accomplish the ff. set of goals.

-Kill Thanos.
-Conquer the entire Kree/Shi'ar realms in a month (due to size) at best
-Conquer DC Earth (no interference from the Presence, but the Spectre is at base non-amped power levels).

- Thanos is effectively immortal, but it should take roughly 4-7 to completely bring him to his knees.

- Marvel Earth has quite a few bad boys and girls so it would take at least 100-150 Thors to reign over it.

- Darkseid's home world would need 1000 Thors to claim a dominant reign.

- Monarch, Prime, and SA Mangog would require about about 100-200 Thor's to be taken down.

- the GLs would be dominated by about 1000 Thor's

- The Kree/Shiar would be taken by about 300-400 Thor's if they ran planned raiding party assaults.

- DC Earth would take aproximately the same amount of Thor's that Marvel Earth would, considering that Spectre is unamped in this scenario.

- Galactus and his heralds would be utterly destroyed by 500 Thor's or less.

marwash22
you're underestimating Thor; especially in the Darkseid one. Once You beat down Darkseid and Kalibak, the rest would fall in line and accept Thor (me) as ruler. No way it takes more than 5 Thors to beat Darkseid and Kalibak.

Stoic
Originally posted by marwash22
you're underestimating Thor; especially in the Darkseid one. Once You beat down Darkseid and Kalibak, the rest would fall in line and accept Thor (me) as ruler. No way it takes more than 5 Thors to beat Darkseid and Kalibak.

crowd control was my thoughts.

marwash22
Originally posted by Stoic
crowd control was my thoughts. Ahhh, i see. Good idea.

cdtm
Trying to decide if it would take 100, 1,000, or 1,000,000 Thor's to defeat a single Superman. evil face

Omega Vision
All of them

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by -Pr-
Do they have my knowledge too? Like, can I just say "destroy the central battery and you win" or do they have to go by Thor's knowledge?

They won't have your knowledge, but they'll accept your commands (and you're allowed to use all your knowledge). They won't know the exact location of the central battery unless you do some sort of briefing or planning session with them.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by marwash22

rough estimates. I need to know specifics, like who is on Earth for Mrvel and DC and is it all of Big-G's heralds.

All current heroes/villains (other than those specifically mentioned) exist on the specific Earths.

zeel
Originally posted by cdtm
Trying to decide if it would take 100, 1,000, or 1,000,000 Thor's to defeat a single Superman. evil face

one thor will be sufficant roll eyes (sarcastic)

D_Dude1210
Yeah, CIS-free Thor would destroy CISd Superman. stick out tongue

Superman: Stop right there!

Thor: /godblast

Superman: /die

Bentley

Godblast is pretty useless in a battle against a superspeedster. He could just dimensiondump SM.

D_Dude1210

cdtm
I won't seriously argue Supes can take an army of Thor's, but I still say he could handle one. stick out tongue

Full potential Flash could clean up a load, though. And I feel the same for load of Supermen, for what it's worth.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by 753
Godblast is pretty useless in a battle against a superspeedster. He could just dimensiondump SM.

Except that CIS-Superman would prolly try and tank the first hit (in all probability).

But yeah BFR works, too.

Full potential Flash doesn't apply, tho. They are all standard versions.

cdtm
Except that CIS-Superman would prolly try and tank the first hit (in all probability).

Not necessarily. Examples exist where he's fighting some strange giant robot or something, and actually chooses to dodge the attacks instead of taking a chance.

D_Dude1210
Not necessarily. Examples exist where he's fighting some strange giant robot or something, and actually chooses to dodge the attacks instead of taking a chance.

I agree here. I think it's more like a 50-50 thing. He's been known to tank unknown enemies (such as when he tanked the punch from Doomsday) as much as to dodge them. I'd put my money on his tanking the first hit and getting one-shotted tho.

Uriel005
Marvel earth might be a problem if Franklin Richards goes on a rampage. He might get out of it enough to erase all things Thor from existence like a small scale House of M.

shokosugi
5,000 Thors

Uriel005
Could any number of Thors really stop Franklin Richards if he does a rampage reality manipulate and take Thor out of existence

cdtm
Originally posted by Uriel005
Could any number of Thors really stop Franklin Richards if he does a rampage reality manipulate and take Thor out of existence

Probably not likely under CIS.

But there's as much a chance of Jakeem Thunder dealing with any number of Thor's with the right wish.

D_Dude1210
Marvel earth might be a problem if Franklin Richards goes on a rampage. He might get out of it enough to erase all things Thor from existence like a small scale House of M.

Even a billion Thors? A trillion? One must consider the absolute scale one has to consider when one says UNLIMITED number of Thors. ;p

A billion swarming Thors would prolly be one of the scariest things evarrr.

D_Dude1210

Thing is, your Thor creation device can just churn out even more Thors as you have no limits of that urself.

D_Dude1210
Also, would make it more interesting if you could outline what you're going to instruct the Thors, where they're gonna strike first, who the biggest threat is to your army, etc.

This is my take on it:

-Kill Thanos.
Pretty straight forward. Keep throwing Thors at Thanos until they whittle him down to nothing. Prevent him from getting away and use the Godblast (or multiples of it) to pierce his shields.

About 5-6 Thors should be enough.

Prepmasters (like Doom, Banner and Reed) and the uberbeings (like Frankling Richards) are the biggest threat to your Thor army here. Take down the prepmasters first (quietly by killing them outright or BFRing them to a place where there's no tech to use) sending one or 2 Thors to take each one of them down. After the uberbeings and the prepmasters are gone, assert your authoratah by weather manipulating the planet to submission.

About 35-45 Thors should be good.

Pretty much taking down the head of the serpent (Darkseid) is gonna be key here. Send down a solid swarm of Thors to take him down, while the smaller bulk of your army uses weather manip and outright might to keep his armies at bay.

About 30-40 Thors.

Pure numerical muscle, energy manip and exotics (like lifeforce drain, anti-force and energy drain) will be needed here. These guys can literally take on groups of Thors at once with ease. Take them down with pure numbers and have a few Thors on the side to use exotics to take them down. BFR SBP and SA Mangog to separate realms so you can deal with them individually and focus on sucking the energy from Monarch with the combined forces of your Thor swarm. Expect to lose about half the Thors you send at least.

About 50-70 Thors.

Tons of herald levelers here plus guardians. You're gonna need some solid numbers. Fortunately, your energy absorption is gonna play havoc with their abilities and a lot of GLs are just fodder anyway. The guardians are the real threat but enough Thors should take them down. Expect heavy losses though.

About 400-500 Thors.

-Conquer the entire Kree/Shi'ar realms in a month (due to size) at best.
Literally thousands of worlds to subjugate here. You'll need to send your Thors to the heartworlds and assert your will by smashing a few core planets into rubble. Send individual Thors to conquer the outer rim worlds one at a time to spread your will, if they resist, smash the planets to rubble or use weather manip to wipe the resistances out. After you crush their main fleets and show them you mean business, the combined Shi'ar and Kree empires should pretty much bow down to you.

About 400 Thors should be fine (only due to the size of the area to cover and the time limit)

Similar to Marvel Earth but with a bit more difficulty due to the higher number of top tiers in the DC lineup.

About 50-60 Thors.

This is a doozy. It would take tens of thousands of Thors to take down Galactus when fed, if even that. The trick here is to kill his heralds then starve him out. No time limit means that you can simply blow up the planets that he tries to feed on up until he can no longer put up a real fight. When he's at the brink of starvation, use all your Thors to Godblast him to death.

About 30 Thors if you use that tactic.

Kasper Gutman
1 Thor is enough to take over Marvel Earth.

Parmaniac

-Kill Thanos. ∞

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman

Given enough time, most prolly. But you only have a week and you also have the prep masters to contend with. Reed, Doom, heck Loki ain't gonna sit this one out. Also, don't forget that the REAL Thor also exists. You don't exactly get control of him yourself.

BullwinkleMoose
The Thors could never conquer Marvel Earth. Squirrel Girl herself could protect Earth from the infinite Thor army and that is not even factoring in other Ubers on Marvel Earth (Reed, Doom, Franklin Richards, etc)

Uriel005
My point is whats to stop Franklin from pulling House of M except the condition is Thor cannot exist in the universe...

cdtm

No way.

Dr. Strange would have something to say about that, not to mention Nate Grey, Jean Grey, Magneto on a good day..

Warlord
meh...think about all those reality warpers that could be active at the time

Omega Vision
No way.

Dr. Strange would have something to say about that,
"Here's the key, lock it up after 10 or those damn kids will sneak in to use the swimming pool."

D_Dude1210
My point is whats to stop Franklin from pulling House of M except the condition is Thor cannot exist in the universe...

The condition given to you by the TOAA (who is much higher up than Franklin) that you CAN create Thor clones. big grin

the ninjak
Thanos can't die anymore. He has been officially been rejected by Death.

D_Dude1210
Well then, change the stips to:

1) Beat Thanos to a bloody purple pulp. stick out tongue

the ninjak
Originally posted by the ninjak
Thanos can't die anymore. He has been officially been rejected by Death. Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Well then, change the stips to:

1) Beat Thanos to a bloody purple pulp. stick out tongue
Thanos' durability is currently rising exponentially. Have to wait and see. If he beats Cthulhu Captain Marvel it will be pretty huge.

Parmaniac
Thanos' durability is currently rising exponentially. Have to wait and see. If he beats Cthulhu Captain Marvel it will be pretty huge. Current Thanos is rejected from Death he can't die no matter how many Thors you throw at him. Beatt him yes, kill him NO.

Stoic
Thanos' durability is currently rising exponentially. Have to wait and see. If he beats Cthulhu Captain Marvel it will be pretty huge.

hey when is this supposed to happen? is it in the next Thanos Imperative? I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed with his new regenerative powers. It seems like the classic husband wife scenario, where the wife (Mistress Death) throws the husband out (Thanos) until he produces. Great story line.

Black bolt z
-Kill Thanos.: Roughly 5
-Conquer Marvel Earth in a week at best.: 50?
-Conquer Apokolips in day.: At least 1000
-Defeat the combined forces of Monarch, SBP and SA Mangog: 300
-Defeat the entire GL Corps all at once and conquer OA in a day at best.: 3000
-Conquer the entire Kree/Shi'ar realms in a month (due to size) at best: It takes 100 to beat black bolt alone shifty.But seriously around 2500-4000
-Conquer DC Earth (no interference from the Presence, but the Spectre is at base non-amped power levels).: 175
-Destroy Galactus and his heralds.: Infinite.Galactus just eats the machine.

KuRuPT Thanosi
wait is this how many would it take to accomplish each task or is this how many would it take to accomplish them all with x amount of thor's

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
wait is this how many would it take to accomplish each task or is this how many would it take to accomplish them all with x amount of thor's each task

cdtm
The Legion of Super Heroes would've made a good match, considering they faced 3 billion Daxamites, on top of Darkseid and his heralds..

janus77
-Kill Thanos. 10-15 maybe, to kill Annihilation-era Thanos. current Thanos ... first kill Death

-Conquer Marvel Earth in a week at best. you/I would die of old age first. the number of Thors would be so high that they would not have sufficient physical space to position and attack without killing just simply hitting each other.

-Conquer Apokolips in day. dunno

-Defeat the combined forces of Monarch, SBP and SA Mangog dunno

-Defeat the entire GL Corps all at once and conquer OA in a day at best. don't they number in the thousands? I'd say 1 Thor could take maybe 2-3 fodder GLs or 1 brandname GL and 1 fodder GL, so .. maybe around 500 would suffice

-Conquer the entire Kree/Shi'ar realms in a month (due to size) at best too vast, plus there would need to be a Thor present on each planet or at least in the solar system, to maintain order ... would require 1000s imo

1 Thor and a battallion of fanboys smile

-Destroy Galactus and his heralds. infinite number required... Galactus would wipe them out faster than my machine would pump them out... also, he could just mindrape them and turn them into heralds no expression

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by janus77
-Kill Thanos. 10-15 maybe, to kill Annihilation-era Thanos. current Thanos ... first kill Death

-Conquer Marvel Earth in a week at best. you/I would die of old age first. the number of Thors would be so high that they would not have sufficient physical space to position and attack without killing just simply hitting each other.

-Conquer Apokolips in day. dunno

-Defeat the combined forces of Monarch, SBP and SA Mangog dunno

-Defeat the entire GL Corps all at once and conquer OA in a day at best. don't they number in the thousands? I'd say 1 Thor could take maybe 2-3 fodder GLs or 1 brandname GL and 1 fodder GL, so .. maybe around 500 would suffice

-Conquer the entire Kree/Shi'ar realms in a month (due to size) at best too vast, plus there would need to be a Thor present on each planet or at least in the solar system, to maintain order ... would require 1000s imo

1 Thor and a battallion of fanboys smile

-Destroy Galactus and his heralds. infinite number required... Galactus would wipe them out faster than my machine would pump them out... also, he could just mindrape them and turn them into heralds no expression

Pretty much spot on.

cdtm
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Pretty much spot on.

I dunno, I usually peg the combined Lantern corps as capable of defeating a well fed Galactus on their own, considering some of their high end feats include defeating a sentient sector of space.. And that's without factoring in the Guardians.

Don't think 500 Thor's would cut it.

Uriel005
I think the biggest threat is the reality manipulators. They just erase the machine from the universe or make it so that Thor in any form just can't exist in the universe.

D_Dude1210
The machine was made by the TOAA and creation of Thors was decreed to be by the TOAA. Reality manipulators can't stop you from creating Thors.

Also, Galactus can be starved out (the same way that BRB did it). As there is no time limit, this strat should be quite viable.

Also, I can see the Thors doing an attacking line of frontal Thors doing energy absorption and rear Thors doing Godblasts straigth at OA. A hundred godblasts would almost certainly rip thru the GL lines like a hot knife thru butter.

cdtm
The machine was made by the TOAA and creation of Thors was decreed to be by the TOAA. Reality manipulators can't stop you from creating Thors.

Also, Galactus can be starved out (the same way that BRB did it). As there is no time limit, this strat should be quite viable.

Also, I can see the Thors doing an attacking line of frontal Thors doing energy absorption and rear Thors doing Godblasts straigth at OA. A hundred godblasts would almost certainly rip thru the GL lines like a hot knife thru butter.

They contained the Yellow CBP exploding. Enough of them can stop 100 Godblasts.

D_Dude1210
They contained the Yellow CBP exploding. Enough of them can stop 100 Godblasts.

Except they won't know what Godblasts are until it hits them. :-/

D_Dude1210
Also, containing a yellow CBP exploding isn't really the same as stopping 100 Godblasts...

cdtm
Also, containing a yellow CBP exploding isn't really the same as stopping 100 Godblasts...

The explosion was powerful enough to destroy the galaxy.

That's low level skyfather stuff right there.

D_Dude1210
A single godblast has been known to pierce Celestial (who are beyond Skyfather) internal armor, hurt Galactus enough to make him flee as well as (even when weakened) overwhelm Cyttorak's (who is slightly above Skyfather) enchantment on the Juggernaut.

Think of what a hundred could do?

Also, defending yourself from an exploding CBP that you understand and can see coming is different from defending yourself from a hundred different energy blasts that you've never faced before coming from multiple random directions.

OneDumbG0
About as many Supermans it would take for each one.

^ correct, and no number of microbes could hope to take G down. the starve him idea seems unlikely too.

yoshimitso

you sir are a total idiot, marvel earth has so many reality wrapers telepaths and whats not they will all beat the shit out of thor 1 on 1, hell it took the freakin U FOES to stop thor Lol and you are talking with me about the entire marvel earth? you are a retard and should be banned for retardnes

Newjak
I think people are absolutely overlooking one Vital area when it comes to this.

One Thor is a very dangerous being. Many Thor's all acting as the original are extremely dangerous. An unlimited amount of Mjonlir's though with our planning, knowledge, and creativity behind them = knockout.

Those things are highly power magical artifacts that when combined with Thor's own godly essence and power makes for a whammy.

I'm sure you get enough of them together then you'll basically have reality warping powers of your own.

Without going that drastic though. I think an Army of Thors is gonna be hard for anyone to handle because they have so many powers and abilities they can use, and a lot of raw power when you consider what one Thor can do when unleashing it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.