Superman vs The Runaways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
ko,, kill......

1) Runaways

2) team has the young avengers

superman is tryin to round them up and take them to an orphanage for their own good when he spots them out at 2 in mornin.

makes one wonder why he has never thought about doin that to captain marvel.

StyleTime
I like the Runaways. Don't do this to them. sad

Warlord
roster?

King Castle
runaways:

Nico Minoru
Chase Stein
Karolina Dean
Molly Hayes
Victor Mancha
Klara Prast
Victor Mancha
Marianella Mancha
Xavin
Klara Prast

Young avengers:

Hawkeye
Hulkling
Patriot
Speed
Wiccan
Vision
Stature

Q99
Originally posted by King Castle
runaways:

Nico Minoru
Chase Stein
Karolina Dean
Molly Hayes
Victor Mancha
Klara Prast
Victor Mancha
Marianella Mancha
Xavin
Klara Prast

I'm going to assume the two Klaras, two Victors, and Victor's mom are typos.

Nico's really the only chance against him, the best the rest can do is hold him off. In comics, they definitely could hold him off long enough to talk to him, but actual victory is minimal, and Superman could easily stop her from casting with basic knowledge of the team.

Throw in the Young Avengers and it's even more of a rumble, though they're still hard pressed with anything to actually take him down aside from Nico. Sitll, with an entire second team spotting them, they may be able to buy enough time to get a couple significant spells off.

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
though they're still hard pressed with anything to actually take him down aside from Nico.

don't count Wiccan out

Q99
Originally posted by Warlord
don't count Wiccan out

He's got magic power, but his spells generally don't have quite the offensive omph of Nico's, especially post-boost Nico.

On the flipside, his defense is better and he can use some spells more reliably.

I think they're more or less similar in terms of overall level, but in terms of offense I believe she has more.

Stunner2xx
looks ilke the kiddies are going to the orphanged or will orphan some limbs

King Castle
is there public knowledge of the runways and the young avengers?

i thought the runaways were purposely low key?

would superman really know anything about them?

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
He's got magic power, but his spells generally don't have quite the offensive omph of Nico's, especially post-boost Nico.

On the flipside, his defense is better and he can use some spells more reliably.

I think they're more or less similar in terms of overall level, but in terms of offense I believe she has more.

basically the kid is shown to create whatever effect he wishes by simply uttering it out multiple times.
I don't say he's a new Doc Strange but if the rest buy him some time he could come up with something like & quot;redsolarradiationredsolarradiationredsolarrad
iation....".
I think he and Nico are the big guns against Supes

-Pr-
How would they know to use red solar radiation?

Juntai
How many of them can survive having their lungs collapse from the rush of air when Superman scoffs at them harshly?
How long do the rest last against a man this powerful?

Juntai
Originally posted by -Pr-
How would they know to use red solar radiation? I was wondering too. It's not public knowledge. Even villains often don't think it'll affect him when given some kind of device by Luthor or some such. They just spray and pray with it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Juntai
I was wondering too. It's not public knowledge. Even villains often don't think it'll affect him when given some kind of device by Luthor or some such. They just spray and pray with it.

Aye.

Warlord
How would they know to use red solar radiation?

isn't this included in the general knowledge rule?
doesn't matter. it was just an example about Wiccan's contribution to this fight

King Castle
very long since supes wouldnt treat kids like that...

is supes red solar radiation public knowledge from his universe?

-Pr-
isn't this included in the general knowledge rule?
doesn't matter. it was just an example about Wiccan's contribution to this fight

General knowledge is exactly that: general knowledge. you get what joe public knows, and usually nothing more.

Warlord
so it's gonna be: "kryptonitekryptonitekryptonitekryptonite"

rotiart
Wiccan has been shown as escalating in power in my opinion. So much so I'm worried marvel is planning another scarlet witch level incident based around Wiccan....

Juntai
Originally posted by King Castle
very long since supes wouldnt treat kids like that...
Doesn't have to be that harsh, I suppose. A blast of air from him could certainly take their breath away and make them pass out however.

As far as the reply to my original thought though. Although he wouldn't treat kids like that, he wouldn't normally get into a kill/ko fight against kids either 'fighting to the best of his ability' to do so.

King Castle
maybe everything will be put back...

no more: house of M bull.. sabe missing his Adamantium, no skrull invasion, no civil war, no missing gods and entire dimension of asgard..... no sentry (realistically he was made b4 house of M but a lil inconsistency is okay with me). no WWH no Rulk.. it would be a great day maybe they can fire fat joe at marvel.

we can start fresh again with no lupine wolverine or way writer also no peter selling his soul...

-Pr-
so it's gonna be: "kryptonitekryptonitekryptonitekryptonite"

assuming that would even work, yes.

Warlord
assuming that would even work, yes.

it's magic. all I can do is assume.
On another not he could say: "loislaneloislaneloislane" to keep him distracted...big grin

Juntai
it's magic. all I can do is assume.
On another not he could say: "loislaneloislaneloislane" to keep him distracted...big grin because the public knows she's Superman's wife, right?

-Pr-
because the public knows she's Superman's wife, right?

laughing out loud

Warlord
because the public knows she's Superman's wife, right?

apparently I was kidding on that one

Konton
CIS on?

Xavin force bubbles Superman's initial rush and Nico turns him into a turtle.

King Castle
forum rules always applies unless said otherwise in the OP

StyleTime
Even with CIS on, Superman might still be too much. Look what Noh-Varr did to them.

Warlord
Originally posted by StyleTime
Look what Noh-Varr did to them.

what and when?

StyleTime
During Civil War.

King Kandy
Superman's got a handicap, because he doesn't want to hurt them in this thread. he's trying to round them up to take them to and orphanage.

the ninjak
Princess Power punches his head off!!!!...........kiddin.

The kids all go down. General Knoweldge isn't enough for the magic duo to rustle something up that will stop his blitz.

StyleTime
Originally posted by King Kandy
Superman's got a handicap, because he doesn't want to hurt them in this thread. he's trying to round them up to take them to and orphanage.
That is true, but it wouldn't take much speed and strength at all to take them down.

Their only hope is to protect Nico and hope beyond hope that she pulls something off.

Sr J-Bieb
Superman runs away from Dakota Fanning. He might be a pedo, but he's also gay.

Q99
basically the kid is shown to create whatever effect he wishes by simply uttering it out multiple times.
I don't say he's a new Doc Strange but if the rest buy him some time he could come up with something like & quot;redsolarradiationredsolarradiationredsolarrad
iation....".
I think he and Nico are the big guns against Supes

Yea, but that's a lot slower and is obvious that he's doing it.

I still think Nico's produced stronger effects too, post-boost.

Konton
Has she really even done anything after gaining the Witchbreaker's training? She flooded that city street, but that's the only impressive thing post-amp I've seen.

Q99
Originally posted by Konton
Has she really even done anything after gaining the Witchbreaker's training? She flooded that city street, but that's the only impressive thing post-amp I've seen.

She also did the 'scatter' spell that not only sent the targets flying world-wide but emotionally affected the runaways at the same time. Accidentally did a few other spells on the same level of the flood (like doing a repeat of that with oil).

The mind zowie Nico pulled on the Yorks was quite nasty too- "The show must go on," made them act as if they didn't know what was going to happen to the Pride and Gert even when they did, must've lasted for years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.