Wolverine vs. Nemesis (Rules)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lunacyde
Fight on the rooftops of Gotham at sunset. Both characters start on opposite ledges of a rooftop facing each other 60 ft gap in between. Wolverine has the Muramasa Blade. Nemesis has the creation blades and her suit. Adamantium bone Wolverine. PIS and CIS off. Both characters start level-minded. Fight is to death, KO, or incapacitation.

Who wins?

Lunacyde
No one has anything to say on the topic?

Prep-Man
Does Nemesis get her fields? If so, I'll side with her. But it's one hell of a battle.

StyleTime
I'm still contemplating this one. My girl Nemesis has an advantage here that Zealot doesn't.

This is tough. My kneejerk reaction is to say Wolverine here, but Nemesis has a good chance.

Dum Dum Dugan
never understood what the point of cis off. Thats what makes the character who they are, with out cis it just us with there powers, which is rather stupid.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
never understood what the point of cis off. Thats what makes the character who they are, with out cis it just us with there powers, which is rather stupid. It's basic rules, just wanted to make sure I went over everything.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Lunacyde
It's basic rules, just wanted to make sure I went over everything.
those arnt basic rules. CIS is always on unless stated it off. PIS is always off unless stated it on. CIS is the character, taking it off means the character is no longer it self,simply it whoever debating the character, which makes it kinda pointless.

Prep-Man
Well, if she has all her tech and swords, I'm giving it to Nemesis. Too versatile.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Well, if she has all her tech and swords, I'm giving it to Nemesis. Too versatile.
Everything minus the Genetic grenades.

Lunacyde
those arnt basic rules. CIS is always on unless stated it off. PIS is always off unless stated it on. CIS is the character, taking it off means the character is no longer it self,simply it whoever debating the character, which makes it kinda pointless.
No you are confusing "character induced stupidity" with "being in character"
There's a difference.

Tha C-Master
Has anyone ever said PIS on? I'm going to try that... shifty

StyleTime
laughing out loud

Definitely makes for an interesting discussion.

Flash would lose a whole lot more too.

Dum Dum Dugan
true.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Lunacyde
No you are confusing "character induced stupidity" with "being in character"
There's a difference.
so i dont think I am. The reason for why the character loses, is becuases of the characters own inabilities them selfs. By removing that your taking the characters abilities as you would uses them, not as they would.

For example Thing with CIS off would be Thudner claping the shit out of most anyone he fights so would most bricks, however with CIS on they would never attempt such strategies most of the time.

The Nuul
never understood what the point of cis off. Thats what makes the character who they are, with out cis it just us with there powers, which is rather stupid.

Its for like characters that wont kill, CIS off means Supes will kill, not care for humans etc....out of character. In this case, Logan would kill her and not hold back. With it on it, he wouldnt kill her.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Has anyone ever said PIS on? I'm going to try that... shifty

But PIS is not allowed on here.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by The Nuul
Its for like characters that wont kill, CIS off means Supes will kill, not care for humans etc....out of character. In this case, Logan would kill her and not hold back. With it on it, he wouldnt kill her.
Thats what i mean there not there selfs, There out of character.

I mean cis off is taking the character completely off. saying blood lusted and willing to kill would be enough. Having CIS off is literally taking the characters personality out of the equation and utilizing it as if you posses there abilities. Which i always was meh, about it, I rather debate the character himself against another character, then debate me with that characters powers an abilities.

Galan007
Versus battles are about judging characters by power/ability, not personality.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Galan007
No it not, it about judging how that character as a whole would fair against another. It not about what we would do with there powers, it what they would do. While removing events of PIS.

actaully cis is normally on so you are quite mistaken..........

Galan007
No it not, it about judging how that character as a whole would fair against another. It not about who abilities do what.

actaully cis is normally on so you are quite mistaken..........

Originally posted by Digi
Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels. So yeah, full-potential power/ability is what we go by. Having a 'CIS-free' battle really doesn't change things much, imo.

Dum Dum Dugan
So yeah, full-potential power/ability is what we go by. Having a 'CIS-free' battle really doesn't change things much, imo.
again like I said, cis is on normally. it them fighting against some one not us with there powers. Your own post support what i was saying the whole time......

That we uses the character as the whole not simply his powers.

yes it does, it no longer that character using his abilities it us. That changes the match completely.

Galan007
I literally couldn't understand anything you said in the first part of your post.

As for the second part: Yeah we do use the characters as a whole. But that doesn't change the fact that they still fight to the best of their ability. For instance, even though Flash really doesn't blitz enough for it to be considered 'in character' for him, his ability to do so in a forum match was specifically listed as an example in the rules.

Stop arguing just to argue.

Dum Dum Dugan
I literally couldn't understand anything you said in the first part of your post.

As for the second part: Yeah we do use the characters as a whole. But that doesn't change the fact that they still fight to the best of their ability. For instance, even though Flash really doesn't blitz enough for it to be considered 'in character' for him, his ability to do so in a forum match was specifically listed as an example in the rules.

Stop arguing just to argue.
Your own post proved me right. It not the members of the boards using comic characters abilities as we see fit, it them using it.

I never said they dident fight to there best ability, but it with in there personality. Flash has speed blizt numerous times. Well within the right to uses such a tactic as an option.

I am not, thats what your doing. I making a valid point based off the rules of the board. They fight the best they can within there personality. The personality makes a huge deference. For example with CIS off people would simply have colossus Thunder clap the shit out of most anyone he was set up against, with cis on he won't even attempt it.

Galan007
I never said they dident fight to there best ability Good, then we agree.

I didn't reply to the rest of your post because it'd just be me restating what I've already stated.

Dum Dum Dugan
Good, then we agree.

I didn't reply to the rest of your post because it'd just be me restating what I've already stated.
so your entire arguement was pointless? and you said I was argueing to argue?

or the fact you know my arguement made 100% logical senses and you don't have an arguement for it........

Galan007
so your entire arguement was pointless? and you said I was argueing to argue?

or the fact you know my arguement made 100% logical senses and you don't have an arguement for it........ See, this is what I mean by you arguing just to argue. I tried to stop our discussion because I loathe circular arguments, yet you persisted.

Anywho, I understood what you were saying the entire time. I just got the impression that you thought CIS prohibited a character from operating to their full capacity. It doesn't. That was my only point.

So please stop trying to pick arguments. There's really no need. smile

Dum Dum Dugan
See, this is what I mean by you arguing just to argue. I tried to stop our discussion because I loathe circular arguments, yet you persisted.

Anywho, I understood what you were saying the entire time. I just got the impression that you thought CIS prohibited a character from operating to their full capacity. It doesn't. That was my only point.

So please stop trying to pick arguments. There's really no need. smile
says the person who picked the arguement with me and started all this over something I never said.

Galan007
Saw your edit. wink

Dum Dum Dugan
Yea I thought about it, looked at your posts, it was legitimate, you actually thought I dident take the characters are there best abilities. Which is boarder line funny that we both thought the other was argueing something elses, but realized we both agreed.

Galan007
thumb up

The Nuul

Too bad muffin, you are wrong and so is Shoko about Superman threads.

In the rules thread about CIS and said by Paul.

"It ALL comes down to the CHARACTER, not the POWERSET."

Galan007
Too bad muffin, you are wrong and so is Shoko about Superman threads.

In the rules thread about CIS and said by Paul.

"It ALL comes down to the CHARACTER, not the POWERSET." If that's how the mods want it, then okay. But if that is in fact the case, they definitely need to edit the full capacity rule I posted earlier.

"Id"
Nemesis edges out James.

The Nuul
If that's how the mods want it, then okay. But if that is in fact the case, they definitely need to edit the full capacity rule I posted earlier.

Thats the hard part IMO. FC but with in character.

Shokos way is Supes blitzs right off of the start = the wrong way.

The right way is Supes takes a few hits from Hulk then realizes that hey WTF! then brings the pain and stomps.

We dont want a CBR, HC or those other shit forums. This rule is good.

As for this thread....

CIS off means that Logan will go for the kill and at his best.

King Castle
its bn the rule for years i cant believe some one who has bn here for years has just figured it out an d thought otherwise..

facepalm2

combo to ko logic.superdur

Galan007
FC but with in character. Which is contradictive for many characters. And like I said earlier, the current rule implies that abilities supersede demeanor. I don't really care either way, though... Just nitpicking certain inconsistencies. wink

Originally posted by King Castle
its bn the rule for years i cant believe some one who has bn here for years has just figured it out an d thought otherwise..

facepalm2

combo to ko logic.superdur Hope you aren't referring to me. confused

Parmaniac
If that's how the mods want it, then okay. But if that is in fact the case, they definitely need to edit the full capacity rule I posted earlier. A lot of rules need a make over

for example:

officially there is no 6/10 or 8/10, this whole X out of 10 doesn't exist it's just 1 fight.

or prep time is far away how it is used in debates here.

and how can you really BFR someone in a big white room?
EDIT: ^ This works in lots of cases though just not all.

Dum Dum Dugan
I don't think it did though. I mean superman blizting right off the bat is kinda a stretch. Nor does the original rules go against that either. Just becuase superman at his best does not mean he gunna auto blizt everyone, the fact he in character would prevent such a tactic from the get go, but he would certainly uses it if needed. I think this has always been the case's however certain people have been unable to grasp it I feel and this is why the rules had to be up dated and made more clearly defined. People were manipulating the broadness of the original explanation to there advantage.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Parmaniac
A lot of rules need a make over

for example:

officially there is no 6/10 or 8/10, this whole X out of 10 doesn't exist it's just 1 fight.

that makes sense though, we just that to say how likely someone is to win and stuff. Only reason it had to be specified because people started saying characters will win 9/10 because they lose the first fight then become immune and stuff.

Or a chaarcter who gets stronger from fighting having an amp i n5 of the fights etc.

King Castle
superman would only combo to ko if he had detail knowledge and past experience of what it would take to put an opponent down...

supes would never try a combo to ko on guys like cap, spiderman, absorbing man etc ect at least not till he knew how strong they were 1st hand otherwise he risk murdering which would be out of character.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Parmaniac
A lot of rules need a make over

for example:

or prep time is far away how it is used in debates here.

and how can you really BFR someone in a big white room?
EDIT: ^ This works in lots of cases though just not all.

meh, I dont see the problem with it.

lol true.

true, again, I actaully think BFR is one of the lamest copout answers most of the time, not all. also think people pretend like every brick first move is bfr lol. fact is most BFR happen when character can't be put down or a bricks losing badly and need spaces ect. I mean yes some times bricks BFR for really no reason, but the majority of the time the vast majority, BFR more of a last resort kinda moves, it certainly not the first move they throw.

Galan007
true, again, I actaully think BFR is one of the lamest copout answers most of the time, not all. also think people pretend like every brick first move is bfr lol. fact is most BFR happen when character can't be put down or a bricks losing badly and need spaces ect. I mean yes some times bricks BFR for really no reason, but the majority of the time the vast majority, BFR more of a last resort kinda moves, it certainly not the first move they throw. Agreed. It only serves as further proof that the 'abilities supersede demeanor' rule (or vice versa) is used situationally by most everyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.