How will Luke Die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaedusRules
I keep wondering to myself how Luke Skywalker will die. I thought it was going to happen in LOTF at the hands of Caedus, but alas no. Not that I am ready for him to die off but I like to think of how I would like him to go...

I for one don't want to see him just die of old age and join the force like Yoda did. Neither do I want him to die in some self sacrificing attempt to save a loved one. I dont think either would do him justice.

I for one would like to see him go in a most unusual way, with a display of strength unheard of before. An act so powerful that the force fully consumes him and leaves no trace of a human body, except a mechanical hand.

RE: Blaxican
Sexually transmitted disease.

original spawn
I want to see if he dies in Crimson Empire III, it would be cool to end both characters in a battle.

Dr McBeefington
The last two titles of the FOTJ series are "Ascension" and "Apocalypse". I think it's pretty obvious.

Lord Lucien
He ascends to the gods and they start the apocalypse?

CaedusRules
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
The last two titles of the FOTJ series are "Ascension" and "Apocalypse". I think it's pretty obvious.

Can you really tell anything about book titles? I think it is a little too soon to take Luke out. You dont have any real characters anymore. Ben is a whiney baby, Jaina is either fighting or F*cking.... I mean you have a decent support cast of Jedi Masters like Kyp, Horn, Seba, and Hamner, but I think the current line would die off if you kill Luke now.

BruceSkywalker
Luke does not die.. he lives into the next century and helps cade

lol

truejedi
i am pretty sure I have made this exact thread before.

However he dies,unless Legacy gets ret-conned, it is completely and totally in vain, since the sith take over again immediately anyway.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by truejedi

However he dies,unless Legacy gets ret-conned, it is completely and totally in vain, since the sith take over again immediately anyway.

I don't think Lucas will have Luke killed off.

CaedusRules
Originally posted by truejedi

Please explain... I'm not familiar with comic time-line so explain how the sith take over, and how we are certain Luke dies in FOTJ

mattatom
Originally posted by CaedusRules
Please explain... I'm not familiar with comic time-line so explain how the sith take over, and how we are certain Luke dies in FOTJ In the Legacy comics Luke appears to Cade as a Force Ghost Ben Kenobi style many times. In the comics they take over...easily. And we are not, but a massive threat, book titles (See 'Sacrifice' Mara Jade's Death) and hes a bit old now.

Darth Truculent
KIA against Sith of the Tribe? Or during the opening shots of the Legacy comics? Alcoholism due to Ben and Vestara getting shitfaced and having a kid together out of wedlock? Maybe that's why Cade's such a brat - he's got "parental neglect" issues.

ares834
Cade's not the son of Ben... Heck he may not even be his grandson but his great grandson.

truejedi
in 50 years?

ares834
It's quite a bit more than that. According to Wookieepedia, Outcast starts during 43 ABY and the Sith Imperial War, when Kol Skywalker dies, is 130 ABY... That's 87 years...

Mshinu
Luke finds out Mara was his sister and has a stroke.

CaedusRules
Originally posted by Mshinu
Luke finds out Mara was his sister and has a stroke.

Aren't we all brothers and sisters in the Force? Maybe that's why the Jedi from the Old Republic frowned on "relations"

BruceSkywalker
Luke dies when George Lucas says so

Mshinu
Aren't we all brothers and sisters in the Force? Maybe that's why the Jedi from the Old Republic frowned on "relations"

Sounds like a bunch of hippies laughing out loud

DarthLazious
I say he gets killed along with Liea and Han by The One Sith who they have discovered and the only way to pervent them from telling the GA There is another Sith Order around they kill them.

Lord Lucien
I doubt Lucas will ever allow any more of his original characters to be killed off in a specific manner.

CaedusRules
So how are they going to explain when han is 250 years old in a novel? They are almost over the hill now, so if they plan to keep writing EU stuff they are going to have to fill in the gaps somehow... You cant just stop a story arch without having a valid ending to it, in this case Luke, Han, and Leia will eventually have to die.

From here out i wouldnt mind once every 5 years killing off an origianal character, starting with either Lando or Leia, then Han, and ultimately Luke. So realisiticly we could still read about luke for another 20 year in real life, and about another 60 yrs in EU time.

However if that is the case Luke wuld have to go in a peaceful manner, surrendering himself to the force, having him go out in a blaze of glory without anyone left from the originals to morn him would be aweful.

Lord Lucien
So how are they going to explain when han is 250 years old in a novel? They are almost over the hill now, so if they plan to keep writing EU stuff they are going to have to fill in the gaps somehow... You cant just stop a story arch without having a valid ending to it, in this case Luke, Han, and Leia will eventually have to die.

From here out i wouldnt mind once every 5 years killing off an origianal character, starting with either Lando or Leia, then Han, and ultimately Luke. So realisiticly we could still read about luke for another 20 year in real life, and about another 60 yrs in EU time.

However if that is the case Luke wuld have to go in a peaceful manner, surrendering himself to the force, having him go out in a blaze of glory without anyone left from the originals to morn him would be aweful. The Legacy comics have already confirmed Luke's death, but it was never shown or detailed. The same is likely going to be for Leia, Han, and Lando. Old age is going to be the accepted end, but there's little chance Lucas will allow it to be written. This is the guy who ordered Anakin Solo killed off because he didn't want people to get him confused with "his" Anakin.

DarthLazious
I think they will die since thier time is done and it is time to pass the torch down to the next generation of heros like Jaina, Jag and Boba Fett's grand daughter or maybe a bunch of heros all together. Lucas will change his mind. He always does. If they dont die by the end of the Fate Of The Jedi series then Lucas is maybe planning on making the awaited Sequel Trilogy aka Episodes 7,8 and 9. I did however hear a rumor that Lucas is in the works for another Star Wars Trilogy. If you wanna know more then PM me.

Darth_Glentract
However he dies, it's gonna be total bullsh!t since everything he worked for is undone less than a century later. I don't think they should have done the Legacy comics. The Galactic Alliance should have been stable for at least a thousand years, IMO.

DarthLazious
I agree.

Lord Lucien
I, uh, con-cur.

Annus Mirabilis
Luke should go silently into the night. Basing yet another trilogy around him would be taking it too far, the poor guy's been working his guts out for the NJO and the Republic.

truejedi
he should vanish into the unknown regions after discovering the force-essence transfer technique. Then we can pretend all the other characters forever are him.

Or maybe SW just introduced the technique in DOE SO that luke can discover it. Maybe Luke IS CADE!?!?!?!?!? never thought of that , now did ya?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.