Hulk vs Thor (summary)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FearOfBlood
Comics outside of Thor's own title

1. Rulk using Thor's own hammer to give him a beat down - as if zero gravity would allow the hammer to be used in this way. I thought this was a really bad showing.

2. Hulk KO'ing Thor with his own hammer (in a "you punched yourself repeatedly" scenario) in Hulk - Let Battle Begin. The only possible saving grace is that it is possibly implied the whole thing was a dream sequence when Banner says "Yeah right, and then I woke up" at the end.

3. Thor KO'ed with his own lightning bolt by Amadeus Cho in Prince of POwer # 4. Sheesh. Plus other silly things like Cho being able to catch and be dragged along bu the hammer. No matter how fast his mind can do the calculations on Mjolnir's trajectory and velocity, no way can his reflexes react to something moving at the speed of Mjolnir thrown by Thor.

4. Alex Power lifting the hammer in Thor and Warriors 4. Not sure if there was an additional play on the whole zero gravity mess Loeb introduced or if Alex was truly worthy - but a kid being immediately worthy, versus Thor as a child who had to undergo rigourous "testing" and challenges before he could ever lift Mjolnir did not sit that well for me.

Animated media: And here I think the impact to Thor's reputation would be bigger as these things probably reach more of the non-comic-fan viewers.
1. Ultimate Avengers. While we all know this is an alternative version of both Thor and Hulk, the non-comic folks do not. Here we see Hulk lift Thor's own hammer and throw it at him. May create an image or precident of understanding that this is normal in the minds of the casual viewer who does not know Thor, not the distinction between Ultimate and regular versions of the character.

2. Hulk vs Thor. Here Thor seems barely able to hurt HUlk. He gets in a number of blows, but their impact certainly seems minimal. Hulk proceeds to really beat the heck out of Thor to the extent he is KO'ed and nearly dies. Even in the rematch in Hel, his lightning and other attacks are basically shrugged off and he is beaten up again.

3. Plant Hulk. Thor's "origin" is usurped by Beat Ray Bill needing to come in and assist. Bill certainly seems to have a far, far better showing against the Hulk (wish Thor could have fought with this much effect in the vs. edition). IN fact, Bill seems to have the upper hand in the battle, until Hulk shatters his control disc which seems to momentarily disorient Bill, who wants to stop fighting saying he is free - only for HUlk to then pund the stuffing out of him. Sadly Caeira has a far better overall showing against HUlk than either Bill or Thor. Heck, the Red King in a big suit of Armor is a bigger challenge to HUlk than Thor was in vs. Wolverine even seemed to fare better than Thor did in the Hulk vs series.

All of the above certainly seem to cement the idea that Hulkis vastly superior to Thor physically.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by FearOfBlood

1. Rulk using Thor's own hammer to give him a beat down - as if zero gravity would allow the hammer to be used in this way. I thought this was a really bad showing.

2. Hulk KO'ing Thor with his own hammer (in a "you punched yourself repeatedly" scenario) in Hulk - Let Battle Begin. The only possible saving grace is that it is possibly implied the whole thing was a dream sequence when Banner says "Yeah right, and then I woke up" at the end.

3. Thor KO'ed with his own lightning bolt by Amadeus Cho in Prince of POwer # 4. Sheesh. Plus other silly things like Cho being able to catch and be dragged along bu the hammer. No matter how fast his mind can do the calculations on Mjolnir's trajectory and velocity, no way can his reflexes react to something moving at the speed of Mjolnir thrown by Thor.

4. Alex Power lifting the hammer in Thor and Warriors 4. Not sure if there was an additional play on the whole zero gravity mess Loeb introduced or if Alex was truly worthy - but a kid being immediately worthy, versus Thor as a child who had to undergo rigourous "testing" and challenges before he could ever lift Mjolnir did not sit that well for me.

Animated media: And here I think the impact to Thor's reputation would be bigger as these things probably reach more of the non-comic-fan viewers.
1. Ultimate Avengers. While we all know this is an alternative version of both Thor and Hulk, the non-comic folks do not. Here we see Hulk lift Thor's own hammer and throw it at him. May create an image or precident of understanding that this is normal in the minds of the casual viewer who does not know Thor, not the distinction between Ultimate and regular versions of the character.

2. Hulk vs Thor. Here Thor seems barely able to hurt HUlk. He gets in a number of blows, but their impact certainly seems minimal. Hulk proceeds to really beat the heck out of Thor to the extent he is KO'ed and nearly dies. Even in the rematch in Hel, his lightning and other attacks are basically shrugged off and he is beaten up again.

3. Plant Hulk. Thor's "origin" is usurped by Beat Ray Bill needing to come in and assist. Bill certainly seems to have a far, far better showing against the Hulk (wish Thor could have fought with this much effect in the vs. edition). IN fact, Bill seems to have the upper hand in the battle, until Hulk shatters his control disc which seems to momentarily disorient Bill, who wants to stop fighting saying he is free - only for HUlk to then pund the stuffing out of him. Sadly Caeira has a far better overall showing against HUlk than either Bill or Thor. Heck, the Red King in a big suit of Armor is a bigger challenge to HUlk than Thor was in vs. Wolverine even seemed to fare better than Thor did in the Hulk vs series.

All of the above certainly seem to cement the idea that Hulkis vastly superior to Thor physically. hulk is indeed vastly superior to thor in strength

The Nuul
Will someone ban this hulk troll POS.

mitsubushi
Hulk wins

CosmicComet
It is sad and maddening because Hulk is a shit character to me, but it seems to be true.

ESPECIALLY in the animated world. Hulk vs Thor movie was so ****ing one sided. As a Thor fan I was embarrassed as **** to watch Hulk easily beat the piss out of Thor in every which way possible. Thor came out of looking like a real useless ***** in that movie. No is one going to believe that he's someone who's supposed to be comparable to Superman from that. What's even more embarrassing, is the Hulk vs Wolverine animated movie that came out at the same time, showed Logan doing WAAAAAAY more damage than Thor did. I wanted to set that DVD on fire and throw it a hornet's nest.

Marvel had better try to turn this shit around somehow, Thor has a friggin movie coming out and he needs the exposure. Have Thor standing over a battered Hulk on one of the COVERS (not just inside as not everyone will pick up and read) of the Chaos War arc coming out for example. That will go some ways into repairing his image. A guy with his supposed skill level in fighting over the course of thousands of years of living should not be schooled like he is against Hulk in H2H.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
hulk is indeed vastly superior to thor in strength This.Its common knowledge.But that you do known that thor has other powers besides strength right?

King Castle
i am tired of seeing hulk simply amping up to finally match thor in a drawn out battle when the 1st few no holding back thor should be enough to have ko'ed hulk at the beginning of the fight..

especially in the ultimate U hulk is what a 40 50 tonner at the start? no way ultimate thor should lose to hulk at those lvls starting off in a fight.

CosmicComet
I blame Thor's arrogance. He's a slow starter.

You cannot be a slow starter against Hulk. He needs to cut loose quicker.

Colossus-Big C
i think savage hulk already starts at thors strength, but when it comes to comics hulk is the one of the hardest to knock out.

Badabing
Originally posted by FearOfBlood

All of the above certainly seem to cement the idea that Hulkis vastly superior to Thor physically. durpalm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.