The Joker vs Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Joker decides moves to Marvel's New York and starts doing his thing. He hears rumors about Punisher and decides to play with him to see if he's as fun as Batman.

How much time before one of the two dies?

King Castle
the 1st second punisher lays eyes on him.. he shoot him from a roof, across the street. punisher really wouldnt engage in a conversation/dialogue.

Joker wouldnt get to finish his joke or ultimatum

AsbestosFlaygon
Dunno how it would go.

I don't think Joker would take it easy on Punisher, since Punisher is no Batman.

I guess its a matter of who attacks first...
Joker with his Joker Venom, or Punisher's ammunition.

marwash22
^ You're correct, Punisher is no Batman... which is why Joker would be dead within the first five minutes he makes his presence known to Frank.

King Castle
^

joker would be dead and punisher would have no knowledge of the two life's hanging in the balance b/c he shot joker in the face b4 he could speak

marwash22
^ yeah... and? Frank's not the ask questions first type.

King Castle
^

joker wouldnt have had the opportunity to lure him into a false sense of security to use his joker gas nor have the proximity

Bouboumaster
In the OP, it says "Joker want to play with him". So, Punisher wins.

Also, in an "all out war", I would call it a split: On one hand, it's the Joker, but on the other hand, I don't know if he would see it coming, if Frank just decide to attack him with, let say, a bazooka.

Bentley
The Joker wanting to play doesn't mean he will not know who Punisher is nor his style, there is a standard knowledge rule and Joker is no idiot.

King Castle
standard general knowledge is:

Punisher is an Ex-cop turn vigilante who kills bad ppl the ppl of NYC have mix feelings some think what he does is right and justified others think it is wrong and he is no better then another murderer criminal.

not much to go on if you ask me...

Joker is an insane clown who is a mass murderer with insane genius lvl traps, bombs.. etc etc crazy motif.

Bentley
Joker just need to know Punisher won't hesitate to kill him and plan from that. Admittedly it could lead to grossly underestimating Frank.

Let's say he gets information about Frank from the underworld.

psycho gundam
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/25/jokerlastlaughbk04of060ds9.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/25/jokerlastlaughbk04of060ds9.jpg

you need to invest in photoshop. srsly.

psycho gundam
that was from two or so years ago, and i did it in a couple minutes for the thread

i know it's ugly but it's the thought that counts

-Pr-
that was from two or so years ago, and i did it in a couple minutes for the thread

i know it's ugly but it's the thought that counts

lol.

Frank probably takes it.

Though I would wonder why the Joker would even want to play with Frank. He's not Batman nor part of the Bat-Family. Surely knowing that Frank would kill him in a heartbeat would make him change his M.O some.

psycho gundam
^ since he's not in gotham he'll have to, too bad for him frank has everything under his watchful eye (and so do the other 20+ new york super heroes not to mention the villains already present, like king pin and current daredevil). joker resources and man power are limited.

he won't even see it when it happens

-Pr-
^ since he's not in gotham he'll have to, too bad for him frank has everything under his watchful eye (and so do the other 20+ new york super heroes not to mention the villains already present, like king pin and current daredevil). joker resources and man power are limited.

he won't even see it when it happens

Probably not. That or he'll use a decoy and magically appear behind Frank with a .45. He's random like that.

psycho gundam

-Pr-

lol.

the ninjak
Joker simply doesn't go out into the open. And waits while Frank starts asking questions.

1. Frank finds and tortures enough suspects to lead him to the Joker for a blast fest.

2. Joker's surveillance allows him to see Frank at one of his hideouts and activates a trap.

Neutral ground 50/50. Considering it's New York- Frank 7/10

chomperx9
Laughing gas FTW

Mindset
Punisher laughs while he shoots Joker in the face.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindset
Punisher laughs while he shoots Joker in the face. punisher dies from laughing before pulling the trigger

the ninjak
Originally posted by chomperx9
punisher dies from laughing before pulling the trigger

nahhhhh

D_Dude1210
I can just imagine Joker leading Frank into some kind of gas trap. I'm sure he'd make it enticing enough for Frank to fall for it. Then as Frank gasps his last breaths, Joker comes in to gloat only to realize that Frank had himself rigged to explode upon his death.

Boom! Both dead. Tie. Or joker wins if we go by who lives longest (he wins by a few seconds only tho).

Warlord
Gotham would have more civilians alive and sound if Frank was its defender

SamZED
Punisher shoots Joker in the head, later finds out that Joker planned this and Frank shooting him is the reason a few hundred innocent people died. Something like that...

Warlord
casualties for a greater cause

AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, I don't think Punisher really cares if innocent lives are lost.

Deadline
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

He does, he cares alot.

Parmaniac
He's not killing cops even if they shoot at him and he's in a ****ed up situation.

Dark Reign Punisher the only example I'm aware of.

Deadline
Originally posted by Parmaniac
He's not killing cops even if they shoot at him and he's in a ****ed up situation.

Dark Reign Punisher the only example I'm aware of.

I don't even know what you're talking about.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Deadline
I don't even know what you're talking about. That he doesn't kill innocents just to achieve his plans.

EDIT: In Dark Reign "fake cops/S.W.A.T." were shooting at him and he wasn't willing to fire back cause he thought they were innocnet ordinary cops.

Lord Feron
Joker finds out frank aint the typical "hero" and gets his face blown off.

Parmaniac
I don't even know what you're talking about.

Well
Option A: I'm already too drunk
Option B: You're too stupid.

StiltmanFTW

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8672/129158556075572762.jpg

Parmaniac
laughing

"Even giant radioactive monsters are aware of your failure" completely cracked me up.

Joker can definitely taike the punisher down, but not with this "he decides to play with him" BS.

In a serious war, in which they're both out to get each other, he could, for instance, rob frank's family's corpses and put on a televised marionette show with their bones to lure frank out. Then he explodes a 20 block area to get castle when the perimeter guards at the site of the show stop checking in with him every 3 minutes.

The thing is that the joker would find frank boring and probably just ignore him. In the first oportunity frank ever gets however, he'll blow the joker's head off. A serious war could be a split.

Deadline
Well
Option A: I'm already too drunk
Option B: You're too stupid.

Option C: Too tired to care.

Originally posted by 753
Joker can definitely taike the punisher down, but not with this bs "he decides to play with him".

In a serious war, in which they're both out to get each other, he could, for instance, rob frank's family's corpses and put on a televised marionette show with their bones to lure frank out. Then he explodes a 20 block area to get castle when the perimeter guards at the site of the show stop checking in with him every 3 minutes.

The Hood did worse than that and failed.

Option C: Too tired to care.

The Hood did worse than that and failed. Meh, the hood is unimpressive ad he didn't know how to spring the trap. People have way too much CIS preventing them from killing the punisher. He's actually not that difficult to kill, but they need to make him suffer, kill him with their own hands, monologue before pulling the trigger and nonsense like that. He's been at the mercy of his enemies dozens of times.

Max punisher did execute a crooked cop recently and IIRC ennis' punisher had an autmatic machine gun rip two corrupt policemen who arrested him to shreds. Still, if they're clean, he's not killing them even if it means he'll die. If he does cause the death of someone he deems inocent, he's likely to commit suicde.

Deadline
Originally posted by 753
Meh, the hood is unimpressive ad he didn't know how to spring the trap.

Nah The Hood is impressive hes the new KP you don't get there by sucking. Joker is overated and by large isn't more than a city threat. He didn't know how to spring the trap? What on earth are you talking about?

Parmaniac
Nah The Hood is impressive hes the new KP you don't get there by sucking. Well he had help from Dormammu.

Deadline
Well he had help from Dormammu.

True but thats part of his power set that makes him a formidable opponent. The Hood has also used his wits to stop Dorammu from controlling him. So the Hood isn't Dorammus yes man.

Apparently he had to steal some stuff from a demon first...don't know how that went though.

Nah The Hood is impressive hes the new KP you don't get there by sucking. Joker is overated and by large isn't more than a city threat. He didn't know how to spring the trap? What on earth are you talking about?

The joker has made himself into a cosmic threat and steals nuclear weapons whenever he wants to. He limits the scale of his operations to Gotham because it amuses him.

The reason for stealing his family's remains in the scenario I wrote is to lure him out, but the hood actually managed to capture frank and could have decapitated him, instead, he had to make a ritual to ressurect his family and make him suffer. Instead of killing him already or injecting him with coma inducing drugs to present him to osbourne, he decides to make some drama with his magical powers. Pathetic levels of CIS

Deadline
Originally posted by 753
The joker has made himself into a cosmic threat

He was in the right place at the right time.

Originally posted by 753

and steals nuclear weapons whenever he wants to.

Big deal.

Originally posted by 753
He limits the scale of his operations to Gotham because it amuses him.

Yeah I know Jason Todd and Azreal are both cosmic level threats.

Originally posted by 753

The reason for stealing his family's remains in the scenario I wrote is to lure him out, but the hood actually managed to capture frank and could have decapitated him, instead, he had to make a ritual to ressurect his family and make him suffer. Instead of killing him already or injecting him with coma inducing drugs to present him to osbourne, he decides to make some drama with his magical powers. Pathetic levels of CIS

Yeah Punisher did well considering the circumstances. All villains have CIS.

He was in the right place at the right time. And he made it happen.

Much bigger than punisher's level of operation indeed.

Your phrase has some meaning anywhere?

Joker kidnaps the president of the USA whenever he feels like doing it. He gets off on runnig gotham and tormenting batman.

And that's why Joker operates at the level he does. Because it suits him.

Now, the joker is more likely go for the kill against punisher as he probably won't develop the same fascination he did with batman.

SamZED
TBH Hood is a joke compared to Joker. Even Dormammu possesed Hood. Joker may not be universal threat but he's definitely a threat to the world whenever he feels like it. Example - Last laugh. 5 minutes of prep and global chaos. But he chooses to limit himself to Gotham and batfamily.

Deadline
Originally posted by 753
And he made it happen.

Unless Mxy hadn't turned up he wouldnt have done it. Mr Mxy has never been known for being highly intelligent.

Originally posted by 753

Much bigger than punisher's level of operation indeed.

Wrong. Punisher has stole a nuke and has stated he can get his hands on plutonuim.

Originally posted by 753

Your phrase has some meaning anywhere?

The point is you are exaggerating.

Originally posted by 753

Joker kidnaps the president of the USA whenever he feels like doing it. He gets off on runnig gotham and tormenting batman.

...and Punisher has broken into The White House and threatened The President. Next.

Originally posted by 753

And that's why Joker operates at the level he does. Because it suits him.

Considering that Jason Todd and Azreal have beaten him I don't think so. You are making assumptions.

Originally posted by 753

Now, the joker is more likely go for the kill against punisher as he probably won't develop the same fascination he did with batman.

Doesnt mean hes going to get the kill.

Deadline
Originally posted by SamZED
TBH Hood is a joke compared to Joker. Even Dormammu possesed Hood.

Dorammu is a skyfather lvl being. Hood has pitted his wits against Dormy.

Originally posted by SamZED

Joker may not be universal threat but he's definitely a threat to the world whenever he feels like it. Example - Last laugh. 5 minutes of prep and global chaos. But he chooses to limit himself to Gotham and batfamily.

So how many times has he been able to do that? There was also CIS he thought he was going to die.

SamZED
Dorammu is a skyfather lvl being. Hood has pitted his wits against Dormy. Dormamu is a skyfather level being, true. But Dormammu possesed Hood isnt. Hood was pretty much Dormy's pawn and he didnt even know that until Dormy chose to show himself. In the end of the day he pretty much was Osborn's lapdog.

So how many times has he been able to do that? There was also CIS he thought he was going to die. How does it make it any less true? He found out that he's dying and instantly caused chaos all over the world. Simply because this time he FELT like it while normally he chooses to play in Gotham. Also if you remember the story causing chaos was never his real goal but just a small part of a plan. Joker is a world-wide threat because he would've destroyed the world several times over if it wasnt for Batman and his CIS concerning Batman. (because he had like few dozen opportunities to kill Bruce)

Unless Mxy hadn't turned up he wouldnt have done it. Mr Mxy has never been known for being highly intelligent.
so what? if beyonder ahdnt shown up, doom wouldnt have syphoned his power either. Joker managed to do it.

when was this? you mean that ennis arc in which he conveniently stumbles upon one?

No, I'm not. He's way smarter and a much better prepper than castle.

Actually abducting him would have been more impressive. Also, the president was luthor, who's a genius supervillain in his own right. Way more impressive.

lulz punisher has been taken down by so many d-listers it's not even funny. He routinely gets captured and KOed by his enemies. Furthermore, the joker is usually not portrayed as a combat type, he's a strategist.

More often than not, it does

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by 753
Joker can definitely taike the punisher down, but not with this "he decides to play with him" BS.

The thing is that the joker would find frank boring and probably just ignore him. In the first oportunity frank ever gets however, he'll blow the joker's head off. A serious war could be a split.

It could go this way, or Frank could just blow the hell out of where Joker is.

After all, Frank isn't above nuking his ennemies.

Yes, it could go either way, but frank wouldnt blow up an area if the joker had hostage or there were civilians in it.

Kinasin
Puns by sniper shot to jokers head.

AsbestosFlaygon
He does, he cares alot.
No he doesn't.

I saw this scan where Punisher blows up some dude strapped with a nuke, killing thousands of innocent lives.
Some random guy in a heli with Frank said "OH NOEZ!!!11 There's innocent people down der!" and punisher said something cocky, like he didn't really give a damn.

Silent Master
IIRC, it was a remote Island and there were no innocent people on it.

No he doesn't.

I saw this scan where Punisher blows up some dude strapped with a nuke, killing thousands of innocent lives.
Some random guy in a heli with Frank said "OH NOEZ!!!11 There's innocent people down der!" and punisher said something cocky, like he didn't really give a damn. That island was a mercenary haven completely inhabited by war criminals and merc. If you knew anything about the character, you'd know what his perceptions on war for profit and war crimes are. He'd die before deliberately killing innocents and would commit suicide if he believed he caused an innocent to die.

What the french soldier screams is "there are two thousand people down there" To which frank replies "no, there aren't". They don't even mention the word inoccent.

Read comics instead of posting out of your ass after reading scans.

Deadline
Originally posted by 753
That island was a mercenary haven completely inhabited by war criminals and merc.

Who were all working for a pyshco boss.

psycho gundam
blow shit up, ask questions later (or not at all)

Kinasin
Originally posted by 753
That island was a mercenary haven completely inhabited by war criminals and merc. If you knew anything about the character, you'd know what his perceptions on war for profit and war crimes are. He'd die before deliberately killing innocents and would commit suicide if he believed he caused an innocent to die.

What the french soldier screams is "there are two thousand people down there" To which frank replies "no, there aren't". They don't even mention the word inoccent.

Read comics instead of posting out of your ass after reading scans.
punisher has caused innocents to die while fighting mobsters etc.... He didn't kill himself over it he look at it as he's saving more people by taking them off the streets than leaving them on the streets. He feels bad if innocents get killed but he definitely doesn't get suicidal about it.

Originally posted by Kinasin
punisher has caused innocents to die while fighting mobsters etc.... He didn't kill himself over it he look at it as he's saving more people by taking them off the streets than leaving them on the streets. He feels bad if innocents get killed but he definitely doesn't get suicidal about it. Show me a single innocent that died from a bullet fired by him, not by a mobster firing at him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.