Cross Genre Nominations #17

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Here are the rules:

(1) All nominations must be between one character primarily identified as a comic book character and a character of another medium outside of comics.

(2) No spite nominations.

(3) In order to receive official consideration once the poll thread is made ANOTHER person must communicate their support for the nomination other than the person who proposed it.

(4) Try not to spam nominations, consider them carefully and then post them in this thread.

(5) Explain the scenario and why you think the matchup would be a good one and provide documentation for the character(s) proposed so that others can understand what they're dealing with.

(6) When nodding state which would win in your opinion.

Characters off limits:
Until 18th thread:
Wolverine
Sabertooth
Maverick/Agent 0
Fantomax
X-23
Silver Fox
Garrison Kane
Deadpool
Liquid Snake
Revolver Ocelot
Decoy Octopus
Psycho Mantis
Sniper Wolf
Vulcan Raven
Solid Snake
Grey Fox (Cyborg Ninja)
Raiden
Big Boss
Metal Gear Rex
Until 19th thread:
Wrath
X-23

Black bolt z
Iron man vs. Eragon and saphira(no instant death words)?

Black bolt z
pinn this?

Q99
Hm, anyone have any good Avatar:The Last Airbender vs ideas?

marwash22
Rex, from "Generator Rex" vs. Cyborg

illadelph12
General Grievous (Star Wars)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Afro Samurai

Vs.

Captain America
Batman
Samurai Jack

King Kandy
Gonna bring up one more time:

Dark Schneider vs. Classic Dr. Strange

The Nuul
THE X CHARACTERS ARE MOVIE VERSIONS, is this allowed?

Heroes vs X-Men Movie versions.

No flying.

Matt Parkman vs Jean (no Phoenix).
Tracy Strauss vs Iceman
D.L. Hawkins vs Kitty
Elle Bishop vs Storm
Mohinder Suresh with powers vs Beast
Samurai Adam Monroe vs BC Logan (Adam always has grip of his sword).
Nathan Petrelli vs Angel (are the only ones allowed to fly).
Niki Sanders vs Colossus

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by King Kandy

Nod.

illadelph12
Actually, yeah, I nod the Dr. Strange Vs. Dark Schneider match. I've been interested in seeing what all the hype about Schneider is about.

marwash22
Originally posted by The Nuul
Samurai Adam Monroe vs BC Logan (Adam always has grip of his sword). Adam is immortal and has a HF that makes comic book Wolverine's look like weak sauce in comparison. Though, Logan would probably win via being the better melee fighter.

Ambient
How about:

Zoro (Onepiece) vs Silver Samurai

Lina Inverse (Slayers) vs Shaman

Natsu Dragneel (Fairy Tail) vs Human Torch

Natsu Dragneel vs Iron Fist

Tsuni Sawada (Katekyo Hitman reborn) vs Human torch

Bentley
Zoro is too fast and strong imo.

Blackbeard vs Colossus?

psycho gundam
immortal weapons vs ........... mmm

Bentley
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Rurouni Kenshin villains? FMA homunculi?

Q99
Originally posted by Ambient
How about:

Zoro (Onepiece) vs Silver Samurai

Zoro can lift a house and manifest 9 swords at once. Big power difference, higher speed too.

I think a Dragon Slave is a bit much for him....

There is a problem that fighting Torch merely powers Natsu up.

byrdgang21
Captain Planet vs Storm

Universal Soldiers (Van Dam & Lundgren) vs Captain America

Afro Samurai vs Silver Samurai

Bio Armor Guyver vs Cyborg Superman

Vamp(MGS) vs Blade or Selene(Underworld) vs Blade

Kenshiro(FOTNS) vs Iron Fist & Karate Kid

Riddick vs Daredevil

chomperx9
King Kong and Dinky vs Gorilla Grodd

dmills

Dark Schneider vs. Classic Dr. Strange Ditto.

sire

I'm nodding this.

chomperx9
professor chaos vs Dr Doom

Omega Vision
Originally posted by chomperx9
King Kong and Dinky vs Gorilla Grodd
professor chaos vs Dr Doom
If you don't have any real contributions to make please kindly leave the thread.

dmills

Baki Hanma
Yujiro Hanma
Jack Hanma
Han Midou
Dr. Jackal
Hayato Furinji
Kensei Ma

I dare someone to do that thread.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
If you don't have any real contributions to make please kindly leave the thread. why so serious ?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by dmills
Baki Hanma
Yujiro Hanma
Jack Hanma
Han Midou
Dr. Jackal
Hayato Furinji
Kensei Ma

I dare someone to do that thread. baki as in baki the grappler?

i just saw one episode of that, need to finish it though

psycho gundam
why so serious ?

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7355/stupidsd6.jpg

dmills
Iron Fist and Davos (Crane Mother power)

vs

Ban Midou
Dr. Jackal

chomperx9
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7355/stupidsd6.jpg why so boring ?

psycho gundam
you don't really quite understand how this all works, or you're simply just trolling this thread

chomperx9
you don't really quite understand how this all works, or you're simply just trolling this thread relax man. was just afew posts. ive seen some stupid ideas on here but they were just posted just to be funny or for attention and i dont go making a big deal about it.

its not like anyone is gonna nodd to them anyways.

if i were posting the same one over and over sure thats trolling

Omega Vision
relax man. was just afew posts. ive seen some stupid ideas on here but they were just posted just to be funny or for attention and i dont go making a big deal about it.

if i were posting the same one over and over sure thats trolling
Posting without any real intent of contributing to the topic is a form of spamming/trolling.

chomperx9
Posting without any real intent of contributing to the topic is a form of spamming/trolling. was just afew posts relax man. not gonna say any names but i know 5 members off the bat the just bump in threads and post funny comments or something off topic and it is not spamming. now off the topic goes completely off topic then the mods take action or if that person posts stuff over and over that doesnt go by the thread rules

Badabing
relax man. was just afew posts. ive seen some stupid ideas on here but they were just posted just to be funny or for attention and i dont go making a big deal about it.

if i were posting the same one over and over sure thats trolling Chomper, you're not the person who has to sort through these threads and get the match up ready. It's difficult enough for Omega w/o you spamming it up. I don't want to see you reply with an excuse. Either contribute to the thread or don't post.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
Chomper, you're not the person who has to sort through these threads and get the match up ready. It's difficult enough for Omega w/o you spamming it up. I don't want to see you reply with an excuse. Either contribute to the thread or don't post. was just afew posts. sorry. man and i kinda felt like a douche for people getting pissed over the reports with the gifs but dont feel so bad anymore

Badabing
was just afew posts. sorry. man and i kinda felt like a douche for people getting pissed over the reports with the gifs but dont feel so bad anymore I asked you nice enough to contribute or not post. Consider this a warning for spamming after a mod's request to stop.

marwash22

Black bolt z
Sayian race vs. Skrull race?

MooCowofJustice
Isn't that a possible stomp when adding in Goku, Bardock, Gohan, Vegeta and the other three that really aren't important/cool enough for me to name?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Isn't that a possible stomp when adding in Goku, Bardock, Gohan, Vegeta and the other three that really aren't important/cool enough for me to name? Sorry.No super sayians for the sayians.

marwash22
^ they could still do fusion. stompspite.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by marwash22
^ they could still do fusion. stompspite. Regular sayians don't even know what a fusion is...

King Kandy
I guess what you're trying to say is, the Saiyan Race except the named ones in the series. To be honest, I don't see them being effective against the Skrulls at all.

Black bolt z
I guess what you're trying to say is, the Saiyan Race except the named ones in the series. To be honest, I don't see them being effective against the Skrulls at all. Well the named ones just none that were ever on earth(or broly).

How would they not be effective?I mean the skrull empire is thousands upon thousands times bigger but one sayian can probably kill at least 1000 skrulls.

SamZED
Originally posted by Q99
Hm, anyone have any good Avatar:The Last Airbender vs ideas? You read my mind. How about Azula vs Elektra?

illadelph12
^That's actually a pretty solid match.

I'll nod that.

marwash22
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Sayian race vs. Skrull race? Originally posted by marwash22
Regular sayians don't even know what a fusion is... Maybe you should be more specific in your nominations. Your original didn't say shit about Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Goten and Gohan not being apart of the match.

Originally posted by SamZED
You read my mind. How about Azula vs Elektra? Originally posted by illadelph12
^That's actually a pretty solid match.

I'll nod that. As fragile as Azula's psyche is, you wanna put her against a foe capable of mindraping?

no.

MooCowofJustice
I believe that when he said "no super saiyans" he meant nobody capable of going super saiyan. Which excludes just about every named and relatively important saiyan other than Bardock.

And isn't a fragile psyche good against a mind raping opponent in the MU?

SamZED
Her psyche and mind were just fine before the 3rd season to the point she could fool Toph's Daredevil-like lie detector. So dont see it being much of an issue if we take pre-Crazula. Or we can ban telepathy for Elektra and lightnings for Azula to make it more even.

marwash22
I believe that when he said "no super saiyans" he meant nobody capable of going super saiyan. Which excludes just about every named and relatively important saiyan other than Bardock.

yeah, it's understood now that someone else expressed the same concern and he had to explain what he meant. Previous to that though, it sounded as if Goku and co. were apart of the match but they just couldn't go Super Saiyan.

King Kandy
Well the named ones just none that were ever on earth(or broly).

How would they not be effective?I mean the skrull empire is thousands upon thousands times bigger but one sayian can probably kill at least 1000 skrulls.
Even if we accept that, I think there's more than 1000 Skrulls per Saiyan.

Black bolt z
Even if we accept that, I think there's more than 1000 Skrulls per Saiyan. I agree.Thats why I said at least.I mean a sayian could one shot many skrulls at the same time with ease.But the skrulls are just massive.

carver9
Sorry.No super sayians for the sayians.

What skrull is going to take out raditz or nappa? Nappa could kill a group of them with just a lift of his finger... hell nappa might take out all of them with just a lift of his fingers.

psycho gundam
goddammit, give the dbz shit a rest

Omega Vision
Isn't that a possible stomp when adding in Goku, Bardock, Gohan, Vegeta and the other three that really aren't important/cool enough for me to name?
I'd say the Skrulls would win through sheer numbers and via bombarding planet Vegeta from orbit.
The fusion dance wasn't introduced until the Buu saga and even then it required a rather complicated set of coreographed moves and for both participants to be of more or less equal size and power (IIRC) to be successful.

Even then how would it really change the fact that the Skrull fleet could rain down death on Planet Vegeta? Even if some Saiyans could survive the bombardment most would die and the rest would just be a slow extermination. Let's not forget that Skrull scientists were able to replicate an impressive array of superpowers in their inflitration of Earth. The Saiyans somehow managing to all fuse together is as fanciful as to suggest that the Skrulls could produce an army of ersatz Black Bolts.

Starscream M
I'd say the Skrulls would win through sheer numbers and via bombarding planet Vegeta from orbit.

The fusion dance wasn't introduced until the Buu saga and even then it required a rather complicated set of coreographed moves and for both participants to be of more or less equal size and power (IIRC) to be successful.

Even then how would it really change the fact that the Skrull fleet could rain down death on Planet Vegeta? Even if some Saiyans could survive the bombardment most would die and the rest would just be a slow extermination. Let's not forget that Skrull scientists were able to replicate an impressive array of superpowers in their inflitration of Earth. The Saiyans somehow managing to all fuse together is as fanciful as to suggest that the Skrulls could produce an army of ersatz Black Bolts. fusioned saiyans >>>>> army of skrullbolts

vegetto alone could defeat the skrulls...esp if he decides to go super saiyan 2

marwash22

Even then how would it really change the fact that the Skrull fleet could rain down death on Planet Vegeta? Even if some Saiyans could survive the bombardment most would die and the rest would just be a slow extermination. Let's not forget that Skrull scientists were able to replicate an impressive array of superpowers in their inflitration of Earth. The Saiyans somehow managing to all fuse together is as fanciful as to suggest that the Skrulls could produce an army of ersatz Black Bolts. Err, my statement was based on Goku and co. being apart of the fight, but BBZ cleared that up.

carver9
Originally posted by Starscream M
fusioned saiyans >>>>> army of skrullbolts

I agree with this... that's all it would take is one blast from vegita to rid the entire race or he could just physically one shot them with his mountain crushing strength.

Badabing
Carver, open your ****ing PMs. sneer

Omega Vision
I'll nod the Azula-Electra fight.

MooCowofJustice
Dr. Gregory House vs the Riddler. eek!

Omega Vision
Dr. Gregory House vs the Riddler. eek!
What's House going to do? Figure out the kind of poison gas that Riddler is venting in a few seconds before he dies?

MooCowofJustice
Nah, it would have to be a non-death trap. I don't know much Batman, but I assume that they don't call him that for no reason at all.

Omega Vision
Nah, it would have to be a non-death trap. I don't know much Batman, but I assume that they don't call him that for no reason at all.
If this is a match where the objective is simply to solve riddles then House stands a good chance of succeeding. However if he has to actually stop whatever the Riddler is doing then he fails most likely.

marwash22
i dunno how much of a chance House would have with just the riddles, he's intelligent but without his Wilson-amp, he's not as good.

kgkg
House is to busy having sex.

King Kandy
fusioned saiyans >>>>> army of skrullbolts

Clearly you didn't read the bit about none of the "main character" saiyans being included, nor any using super-saiyan.

carver9
The thing about it is none super saiyan goku is still to much for the skrull race. Black hair goku>first form frieza. Again black hair vegeta black hair goku, hell, even nappa is to much for the skrull race. They literally one blast them.

King Kandy
Originally posted by carver9
The thing about it is none super saiyan goku is still to much for the skrull race. Black hair goku>first form frieza. Again black hair vegeta black hair goku, hell, even nappa is to much for the skrull race. They literally one blast them.
How? The Skrull Race spans a galaxy. I doubt the saiyans spaceships even have the capacity to hunt them out like that. And like was already said, their homeworld could be completely ravaged by space bombings and there's not a whole lot they could do about it. The saiyans have decent technology, but it's no match for the skrulls, and without said technology they don't even have a way to get off-planet.

kgkg

Dark Schneider vs. Classic Dr. Strange Lets make this happen.

carver9
How? The Skrull Race spans a galaxy. I doubt the saiyans spaceships even have the capacity to hunt them out like that. And like was already said, their homeworld could be completely ravaged by space bombings and there's not a whole lot they could do about it. The saiyans have decent technology, but it's no match for the skrulls, and without said technology they don't even have a way to get off-planet.

I agree with some of this except the bombard from space. Bardock alone flew out of planet vegeta atmosphere into space far enough for him to launch an attack at frieza space ship. If one saiyan alone does this that alone would be trouble for the ships that are bombarding the planet since the saiyan possess enough speed to launch numerous of moon busting blast almost instantly and again this is just one saiyan and the weakest of them.

I'm pretty sure they are more powerful than the picollo and roshi that busted a moon with ease since the saiyans were raised on a planet with ten times earth gravity. Then we also have too look at the fact that one saiyan child alone had enough power to take over a planet (which was stated and was the main reason goku was launched to earth as a child) so again one saiyan alone should be able to take out multitudes of skrulls. Adding goku or vegeta is just over kill... the skrulls wouldn't even know let alone see what is whipping them out.

kgkg
Is T.V medium allowed?... I so want a Dalek vs something thread.

marwash22
Monarch vs.... Pyron?Originally posted by kgkg
Is T.V medium allowed? yes.

King Kandy
I agree with some of this except the bombard from space. Bardock alone flew out of planet vegeta atmosphere into space far enough for him to launch an attack at frieza space ship. If one saiyan alone does this that alone would be trouble for the ships that are bombarding the planet since the saiyan possess enough speed to launch numerous of moon busting blast almost instantly and again this is just one saiyan and the weakest of them.

I'm pretty sure they are more powerful than the picollo and roshi that busted a moon with ease since the saiyans were raised on a planet with ten times earth gravity. Then we also have too look at the fact that one saiyan child alone had enough power to take over a planet (which was stated and was the main reason goku was launched to earth as a child) so again one saiyan alone should be able to take out multitudes of skrulls. Adding goku or vegeta is just over kill... the skrulls wouldn't even know let alone see what is whipping them out.
First of all, that's not canon to the manga. Secondly, Bardock wasn't the weakest he was the STRONGEST saiyan at the time (with over 10,000 power level he was above King Vegeta). thirdly we are talking about tons of ships here, and they don't even need human pilots they can be completely on auto pilot, the Skrull empire can keep this shit up for years if they need to. Just because they can destroy a moon doesn't mean that they can handle carpet bombing.

Hell, without the full moon the Saiyans couldn't even beat the Tuffles, and the Skrull technology is way way way above theirs.

Vegeta and Goku aren't in the fight (this has been gone over before). The Saiyans have NO WAY to actually attack the Skrulls. Their space ships are primitive in comparison to the Skrulls, if they mount an offensive they can be blown from space long before they even reach a Skrull world to attack.

You're thinking about this from the perspective of all the saiyans and their raw power vs. the Skrulls, in one place. You need to think logistics. How could the Saiyans mount the kind of invasion needed to conquer an advanced galaxy? Brute strength alone won't do it, not while Saiyans can't survive in space. Without tech they are stuck on planet vegeta, and they are sitting ducks. And what tech they do have is very unimpressive.

carver9
First of all, that's not canon to the manga. Secondly, Bardock wasn't the weakest he was the STRONGEST saiyan at the time (with over 10,000 power level he was above King Vegeta). thirdly we are talking about tons of ships here, and they don't even need human pilots they can be completely on auto pilot, the Skrull empire can keep this shit up for years if they need to. Just because they can destroy a moon doesn't mean that they can handle carpet bombing.

Hell, without the full moon the Saiyans couldn't even beat the Tuffles, and the Skrull technology is way way way above theirs.

Vegeta and Goku aren't in the fight (this has been gone over before). The Saiyans have NO WAY to actually attack the Skrulls. Their space ships are primitive in comparison to the Skrulls, if they mount an offensive they can be blown from space long before they even reach a Skrull world to attack.

You're thinking about this from the perspective of all the saiyans and their raw power vs. the Skrulls, in one place. You need to think logistics. How could the Saiyans mount the kind of invasion needed to conquer an advanced galaxy? Brute strength alone won't do it, not while Saiyans can't survive in space. Without tech they are stuck on planet vegeta, and they are sitting ducks. And what tech they do have is very unimpressive.

Bardock wasnt in the manga at all to my knowledge. He was mentioned but none of that was shown in the manga.

I agree with everything that you are saying... have a question though... Broly had the power level of 10000 when he was born and he created a force field around his body which aided him in space flight. Do you think that the saiyans are capable of accomplishing the same thing to aid them in flying through space. I know they can hold their breaths but I dont think it will be long enough for them to get to their destination so with that said, I agree with everything that you mentioned. Now if we were talking about landing bardock on the skrull planet, he can solo and conquer that planet in no time at all but using your perspective... I give it to the skrulls.

I dont think they would kill the saiyans but I do think that the saiyans wouldnt have a choice but to give up. How do you think the skrulls would do against someone like Frieza?

King Kandy
Bardock wasnt in the manga at all to my knowledge. He was mentioned but none of that was shown in the manga.

I agree with everything that you are saying... have a question though... Broly had the power level of 10000 when he was born and he created a force field around his body which aided him in space flight. Do you think that the saiyans are capable of accomplishing the same thing to aid them in flying through space. I know they can hold their breaths but I dont think it will be long enough for them to get to their destination so with that said, I agree with everything that you mentioned. Now if we were talking about landing bardock on the skrull planet, he can solo and conquer that planet in no time at all but using your perspective... I give it to the skrulls.

I dont think they would kill the saiyans but I do think that the saiyans wouldnt have a choice but to give up. How do you think the skrulls would do against someone like Frieza?
Exactly my point.

Broly isn't canon.

I think Freeza would definitely have difficulty with the Skrulls. He could destroy a planet in final form, but an entire galaxy full of them would be quite a task for him.

Starscream M
Clearly you didn't read the bit about none of the "main character" saiyans being included, nor any using super-saiyan. yeah...missed that.

but taking that hypo...would you agree that any top tier saiyan (ones able to attain super saiyan form 2 or USSJ and beyond) could pretty much manhandle the skrulls?

MooCowofJustice
Anyone like the idea of Daleks vs Skrulls? No time travel allowed of course. We'd have to theorize about numbers for the Daleks I think. And we'd obviously use their army before the war with the Time Lords.

illadelph12
Who would be a good match up for He-Man & The Masters of the Universe? The Avengers?

carver9
Exactly my point.

Broly isn't canon.

I think Freeza would definitely have difficulty with the Skrulls. He could destroy a planet in final form, but an entire galaxy full of them would be quite a task for him.

I know its not canon to the manga but anime is accepted here...

The legendary super saiyan was brought up in thye canon story and he survived friezas attack on the planet so I'm pretty sure that the way they showed it during his story truly happened that way.

Why would frieza have trouble when he can take out millions if not billion with one blast and continue this process with them not even seeing who is attacking them. Then he could just find the source... the skrull home world and blow that up. The skrulls have no way of harming let alone touching frieza.

Omega Vision
yeah...missed that.

but taking that hypo...would you agree that any top tier saiyan (ones able to attain super saiyan form 2 or USSJ and beyond) could pretty much manhandle the skrulls?
Not the entire Empire all at once if that's what you're asking.

King Kandy
I know its not canon to the manga but anime is accepted here...

The legendary super saiyan was brought up in thye canon story and he survived friezas attack on the planet so I'm pretty sure that the way they showed it during his story truly happened that way.

Why would frieza have trouble when he can take out millions if not billion with one blast and continue this process with them not even seeing who is attacking them. Then he could just find the source... the skrull home world and blow that up. The skrulls have no way of harming let alone touching frieza.
Sure, if we want to use the anime version, but then we also have to accept things like Goku having trouble lifting a car.

No, THE Legendary Super Saiyan (as in, the original one who lived 1000 years ago) was brought up in the main series. The LSSJ FORM was never hinted at in the anime, nor was Broly ever mentioned. Just because there was a Super Saiyan, who had a legend about him, doesn't mean he's the same as anyone who is called "Legendary SSJ". Since Broly wasn't alive 1000 years ago, obviously they are different guys.

He can't take out a million planets with one blast, that's complete nonsense when he couldn't even destroy one without doing it by chain reaction. He'll have the same problem the Saiyans would, lack of transportation. He uses ships to get from place to place, and they can easily be blown out of space.

carver9
Sure, if we want to use the anime version, but then we also have to accept things like Goku having trouble lifting a car.

No, THE Legendary Super Saiyan (as in, the original one who lived 1000 years ago) was brought up in the main series. The LSSJ FORM was never hinted at in the anime, nor was Broly ever mentioned. Just because there was a Super Saiyan, who had a legend about him, doesn't mean he's the same as anyone who is called "Legendary SSJ". Since Broly wasn't alive 1000 years ago, obviously they are different guys.

He can't take out a million planets with one blast, that's complete nonsense when he couldn't even destroy one without doing it by chain reaction. He'll have the same problem the Saiyans would, lack of transportation. He uses ships to get from place to place, and they can easily be blown out of space.

Are you referring to kid goku not being able to lift a car? Well I don't have a problem with that since he wasn't all that powerful back then. Now if you look at the anime you have gohun gently tapping his feat during class creating a city wide earthquake. Then we have goku during the beginning of dbz lifting an 100 ft tall oak tree like it was nothing. Then we have gohun catching a fallen 300 passenger plane with one hand. Then let not even talk about their punching power.

I agree with your broly comment.

Lol... first thing frieza admitted during his time of trying to destroy planet that he held back. He knew he could destroy the planet but he stated that he held back and plus he was weakened. He stated that he used "all" of his power to stay alive from the spirit bomb. I don't even know why you are even mentioning this when at less than 1% of his power he destroyed planet vegeta... at 50% of his power he split planet namek in 1/3rd with just two fingers. Picollo also stated that if frieza wanted he could destroy planet namek instantly.

As for frieza flight... come on, we know why he was flying around in a ship. We do have this one instance though... there was one minute left before planet namek was about to explode. Frieza told goku that by the time planet namek exploded he would be long gone. Achieving light speed in space isn't hard... especially for someone like frieza. If ms. Marvel, iron man, and rogue can achieve light speed in space... frieza should be able to do it at a much faster pace.

King Kandy
Are you referring to kid goku not being able to lift a car? Well I don't have a problem with that since he wasn't all that powerful back then. Now if you look at the anime you have gohun gently tapping his feat during class creating a city wide earthquake. Then we have goku during the beginning of dbz lifting an 100 ft tall oak tree like it was nothing. Then we have gohun catching a fallen 300 passenger plane with one hand. Then let not even talk about their punching power.

I agree with your broly comment.

Lol... first thing frieza admitted during his time of trying to destroy planet that he held back. He knew he could destroy the planet but he stated that he held back and plus he was weakened. He stated that he used "all" of his power to stay alive from the spirit bomb. I don't even know why you are even mentioning this when at less than 1% of his power he destroyed planet vegeta... at 50% of his power he split planet namek in 1/3rd with just two fingers. Picollo also stated that if frieza wanted he could destroy planet namek instantly.

As for frieza flight... come on, we know why he was flying around in a ship. We do have this one instance though... there was one minute left before planet namek was about to explode. Frieza told goku that by the time planet namek exploded he would be long gone. Achieving light speed in space isn't hard... especially for someone like frieza. If ms. Marvel, iron man, and rogue can achieve light speed in space... frieza should be able to do it at a much faster pace.
No, I mean during the "driving lessons" filler episode.

What do you mean "holding back"? Yeah, he was at 50 percent power. Which means at best, he could only do twice that much. Destroying the planet vegeta in base form was anime only, in the manga our only indication of his "planet busting" power is that he can cause chain reactions that make a planet self destruct. Based on feats, there is just no way at all that Freeza can bust a galaxy's worth of planets.

First of all, Freeza could survive the planet's explosion, so it's not certain if "long gone" means exactly how far away, and even then, it certainly would not take lightspeed to get off of the planet. So really that feat doesn't tell us much of anything, and he still uses ships to get around. The Skrulls can just shoot him from space, it's not like it's in his character to be whizzing around outside of his ship, given he never did it once in the whole series.

Black bolt z
Of all people I see freiza having the best chance against the skrulls.Don't ask me why but I see him doing better then any super sayian...mabye its cuz he can breathe in space whereas sayians can't.

Bro SMASH
Captain America vs. Ryu.

I'm pretty sure this would be a good matchup.

carver9
No, I mean during the "driving lessons" filler episode.

What do you mean "holding back"? Yeah, he was at 50 percent power. Which means at best, he could only do twice that much. Destroying the planet vegeta in base form was anime only, in the manga our only indication of his "planet busting" power is that he can cause chain reactions that make a planet self destruct. Based on feats, there is just no way at all that Freeza can bust a galaxy's worth of planets.

First of all, Freeza could survive the planet's explosion, so it's not certain if "long gone" means exactly how far away, and even then, it certainly would not take lightspeed to get off of the planet. So really that feat doesn't tell us much of anything, and he still uses ships to get around. The Skrulls can just shoot him from space, it's not like it's in his character to be whizzing around outside of his ship, given he never did it once in the whole series.

No... frieza stated that the spirit bomb took all of his power so if he held back or not, that still do not take away from the fact that he is a planet buster. Picollo stated that frieza can bust a planet instantly and goku said the same thing more than once and I believe the both of them since they can read power levels.

By the way can you show me this chain raection that you are talking about?

I know it wouldn't take light speed to get off of the planet but what I wanted you to understand is that flying at the speed of light through space is childs play for even people like iron man... so I feel pretty much safe to say that freiza can do the same thing since there isn't any gravity in space to hold his speed back.

The skrull isn't shooting someone that vegeta, picollo, and goku failed to shoot and even if they did tag him he would probably tank all of it. The reason he was in ships was because he had no reason to fly around in space... he just sat in that chair constantly and monitored everything that was going on. Kind of like beta ray bill... he could also fly through space with ease but he have skuttle bucket fly him instead due to its tech. There are numerous of beings hat can breath inspace but choose to fly in ships.

He might can't bust galaxy worth of planets but he sure as hell can cripple the skrull race and make them think twice about messing with him.

-Pr-
Guys, seriously, don't turn this in to a discussion thread. It's gone on long enough. This is a nominations thread, so state your nominations and why, and see if anyone responds and nods it.

It's out of hand at this point.

psycho gundam
movie jean grey vs.....

mmm

illadelph12
Darth Vader Vs. Iron Spider-man.

No Force Choke or Mind Tricks.

marwash22
movie jean grey vs..... Tetsuo Shima.

carver9
Originally posted by illadelph12
Darth Vader Vs. Iron Spider-man.

No Force Choke or Mind Tricks.

Naah... Darth Vador would crush him.

King Kandy
Tetsuo Shima.
Tetsuo is too strong for her.

marwash22
^ dunno about that. But it's not a cross-genre match since there's no comic character, so nevermind.

-Pr-
Something Star Trek related.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -Pr-
Something Star Trek related.
How about Jean Luc Picard in a philosophical debate gauntlet? Against such characters as Lex Luthor, Darkseid, Dr Doom, and Thanos.

marwash22
^ sounds interesting. But how would it work, would we just post the intelligent things the character's have said?

Omega Vision
Naah... Darth Vador would crush him.
How? I can see him winning, but without his TK there's no way he's stomping Spider-Man.

Dum Dum Dugan
How? I can see him winning, but without his TK there's no way he's stomping Spider-Man.
really depends at the level, you put him at.

Even with out force range ability or maniupulating spidermans mind, some one like Mace for example could easily kill spiderman with his light saber and physical prowesses (being amp by the force of course).

Starscream M
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan

Even with out force range ability or maniupulating spidermans mind, some one like Mace for example could easily kill spiderman with his light saber and physical prowesses (being amp by the force of course). easily? spiderman could jump around mace for hours before getting tired

Omega Vision

Even with out force range ability or maniupulating spidermans mind, some one like Mace for example could easily kill spiderman with his light saber and physical prowesses (being amp by the force of course).
He could. By no means would it be easy however.

Also that statement is irrelevant to the topic at hand since Darth Vader isn't as agile as Mace.

MooCowofJustice
Boxing match of Rocky Balboa vs Wildcat. We could even use Old Rocky if it is required.

marwash22
As stupid as Rocky's durability/stamina are in the movies, he's no match for Ted.

Omega Vision
^ sounds interesting. But how would it work, would we just post the intelligent things the character's have said?
Something like that. I figure the challenge would be for Picard to get them to admit their actions are wrong. Or failing that to argue them to the point that they just keep repeating the same childish egoist excuses.

Might be easier for Darkseid since he's proud of the fact that he's evil but it will be a challenge for the likes of Thanos (who's convinced himself he's "special" and "unique"wink and Doom and Luthor who both think they're Heroic and that they're justified in their acts.

Black bolt z
Something like that. I figure the challenge would be for Picard to get them to admit their actions are wrong.

Might be easier for Darkseid since he's proud of the fact that he's evil but it will be a challenge for the likes of Thanos (who's convinced himself he's "special" and "unique"wink and Doom and Luthor who both think they're Heroic and that they're justified in their acts. Doom doesn't think hes heroic...

Omega Vision
Doom doesn't think hes heroic...
Yeah...yeah he does. Even if he doesn't say it out loud. Humans are incapable of ever doing something they don't consider *right*, even if they have to employ lots of moral sophistry to make it right in their minds.

King Castle
edit:
posted in the wrong thread.

-Pr-
Yeah...yeah he does. Even if he doesn't say it out loud. Humans are incapable of ever doing something they don't consider *right*, even if they have to employ lots of moral sophistry to make it right in their minds.

Would you not agree, though, that for someone like Doom, say, doing something justifiable can still be something he doesn't consider heroic.

You're right about Luthor, though; he's insane.

xmarksthespot
Doom's narcissism would make anything he does seem right to him.

But humans are fully capable of doing things they don't consider right. Ergo guilt and remorse.

Also auto-veto the DBZ nomination. doped

King Kandy
easily? spiderman could jump around mace for hours before getting tired
And if Mace pulls him in with the force?

Black bolt z
easily? spiderman could jump around mace for hours before getting tired Then mace stand there and lets spidey jump.Once spidey decides to go on the offense mace cuts him in half.

Omega Vision
And if Mace pulls him in with the force?
I think the stipulation Battlehammer posed was that Mace would stomp Spidey without any offensive force powers.

Which IMO is ridiculous. Spider-Man is fast and strong enough to make a fight competitive against a Mace who's denied offensive force abilities.

illadelph12
Considering how Mandalorians did against Jedi, and Peter's overall resume, Iron Spiderman's odds are pretty good against Vader or Mace sans them being able to Force manipulate him directly.

Black bolt z
Considering how Mandalorians did against Jedi, and Peter's overall resume, Iron Spiderman's odds are pretty good against Vader or Mace sans them being able to Force manipulate him directly. Mandalorians are just about the strongest humanoid characters in star wras besides jedi...

Q99
Mr. X vs Cammy (or other street fighter character. Udon version).

Omega Vision
Mandalorians are just about the strongest humanoid characters in star wras besides jedi...
Do you mean dangerous? Because Mandalorians aren't naturally all that much stronger than humans if at all. Their warriors are however very dangerous and one of the few forces who can hope to match Jedi due to their gear and training.

illadelph12
Also, a Wookie would rip your arms off for saying Mandalorian's were "just about the strongest humanoids" in the SWU.

ManBearApes ftw.

Black bolt z
Do you mean dangerous? Because Mandalorians aren't naturally all that much stronger than humans if at all. Their warriors are however very dangerous and one of the few forces who can hope to match Jedi due to their gear and training. Yeah.I pretty much meant this.Originally posted by illadelph12
Also, a Wookie would rip your arms off for saying Mandalorian's were "just about the strongest humanoids" in the SWU.

ManBearApes ftw. In pure strength a wookie would win.In a fight even the weakest mandalorian would probably beat a wookie.

illadelph12
You know what. How about:

Iron Spider-man & Venom

Vs.

Darth Vader & Mace Windu

Match 1: No Offensive Force use other than amping of Jedi/Sith physical abilities.
Match 2: Force use on the battlefield and self only. No force choke, force hold, or mind tricks.

Battles take place in Times Square.

Dum Dum Dugan
I think the stipulation Battlehammer posed was that Mace would stomp Spidey without any offensive force powers.

Which IMO is ridiculous. Spider-Man is fast and strong enough to make a fight competitive against a Mace who's denied offensive force abilities.

No he not though. Mace can eaisly amp his speed to even beyond spiderman and with his light sabre and skill, Mace would rape stomp spiderman.

Black bolt z
Slight majority to jedi in 1 and large majority to jedi in 2.

Dum Dum Dugan
easily? spiderman could jump around mace for hours before getting tired
you honestly have no idea what your talking about. Not only can mace predict the future and find the weakness in pretty much anything. He can amp his speed to rediculous levels well within the range to easily keep up with spiderman. You should perhaps watch the star wars clone wars mini before speaking.

illadelph12
Let's make it happen then.

I know there are A LOT of Spider-Man supporters on this board that would disagree.

Dum Dum Dugan
Slight majority to jedi in 1 and large majority to jedi in 2.

I dont get how it only be a slight. Maces speed is easily a match for spidermans, hell i say it better. He can see shatter points. Venom has a weakness to burns/firer which would make light sabre very effective weapon vs him. Also mace is massively more skilled and vastly better tactically then either spiderman or venom.

Dum Dum Dugan

I know there are A LOT of Spider-Man supporters on this board that would disagree.

They be wrong. I own almost every single spiderman apearences. Mace should curb stomp him.

I also believe mace would curb stomp wolverine as as well.

Omega Vision

I'll nod Mace Windu (no offensive force powers) vs Spider-Man.

Now would it be regular or Iron Spidey?
No he not though. Mace can eaisly amp his speed to even beyond spiderman and with his light sabre and skill, Mace would rape stomp spiderman.
What's Mace's best speed feat?

marwash22
oh noes. not this bullshit about all Jedi having battle precog; I heard enough of this in the movie versus forum. Please prove it.

Dum Dum Dugan
I'll nod Mace Windu (no offensive force powers) vs Spider-Man.

Now would it be regular or Iron Spidey?

what would iron spidy suit achieve? Not only would light sabre cut through it like butter, but even maces punches would utterly destroy it.

Dum Dum Dugan
oh noes. not this bullshit about all Jedi having battle precog...
mace does have battle pre cog. It a fact he master of shatter point, he naturally amazing at it. It allows him similar to midnighter, to see how battle will and can play out. however in many ways I say it more effective because he can pretty much garentee how events transpire most of the time.

also most jedi has at least limit form of precog.

Q99
I'm going to state I'd be against a SW vs, I think we have better ones.

Dum Dum Dugan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NS9NtNdqN4

Just so people get a feel about what I am talking about, watch above video.

marwash22
Iron Spidey would stomp Mace. erm

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
I'm going to state I'd be against a SW vs, I think we have better ones.
Like what?

I guess Azula vs Elektra is good but otherwise there isn't much fertile ground here.

illadelph12
Iron-Spidey.

Dum Dum Dugan
Iron Spidey would stomp Mace. erm
you are sadly mistaken, all mace would have to do is this and he win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1UPccudqmU&feature=related

Dum Dum Dugan
Honestly, it feels like very few people in this thread even understand what iron spidy differences which were almost nothing. He got light weight body armor, could see in the dark oh and he got four extra fragile legs that Iron Man I believe even states werent made for combat.

illadelph12
That Wolverine qualifier made me laugh, btw.

marwash22
this is animated Star Wars?

Omega Vision
you are sadly mistaken, all mace would have to do is this and he win

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1UPccudqmU&feature=related
That's nice, but force crush is off the table here.

illadelph12
Isn't it all canon? I remember Galan posting a Star Wars Canon table around here somewhere.

Black bolt z
I veto the SW vs. spiderman thread.

Dum Dum Dugan
this is animated Star Wars?
star war clone war mini is cannon and take places between movie 2 and 3.

Honestly people need to understand that even in the movies, jedi were suposes to be moving well beyond human standards, it just hard to potray, much like in high lander.

Dum Dum Dugan
That Wolverine qualifier made me laugh, btw.
?

Omega Vision
I veto the SW vs. spiderman thread.
Any particular reason?

Dum Dum Dugan
Isn't it all canon? I remember Galan posting a Star Wars Canon table around here somewhere.
There levels of cannon, somethings arnt cannon, becuase they contradict, lucas. Star wars mini is directly sanction by Lucas him self.

However the new star wars clone wars (not the mini) is not cannon, becuase directly contrdicts Lucas own words and story.

Black bolt z
Any particular reason? I don't think its a good match.IMO both those jedi are just beyond the spiders leagues.

Omega Vision
G Canon is the highest, this includes the Six movies and direct statements made by Lucas in interviews and commentary.

T Canon is the second highest and includes both Star Wars Clone Wars TV series and the upcoming Live Action series.

C Canon is Expanded Universe: novels, comics, and certain game cinematics.

I forget the rest.

I don't think its a good match.IMO both those jedi are just beyond the spiders leagues.
Don't veto it, since there are plenty of people who will disagree with that notion. The purpose of the veto is to keep troll threads and dud threads from making the cut. IMO this one is neither.

marwash22
star war clone war mini is cannon and take places between movie 2 and 3.

Honestly people need to understand that even in the movies, jedi were suposes to be moving well beyond human standards, it just hard to potray, much like in high lander. no.

I don't care if Lucas considers it canon or not, animation and live action are two completely different types of Jedi. Animated Jedi do things that put them on tier with mid-level mutants. Live action Mace could barely hold off force lighting... animated mace was moving like a low level speedster. if you wanna use animated versions, you need to specify you're doing so.

Dum Dum Dugan
Second show is not T, it actaully far lower on the list, becuase it dirrectly conflicts with the movies. Also the clone wars mini is boarderline G cannon, becuase it was create and sanction by Lucas and it suposes to tell the story of what happens between movies 2 and 3.

Omega Vision
Second show is not T, it actaully far lower on the list, becuase it dirrectly conflicts with the movies.
Not this bullshit again. Find a statement that supports this from Lucas or anyone of authority, because I've seen no such distinction.

The CGI Clone Wars fills in the gaps between the timeskip of the original Clone Wars series.

Dum Dum Dugan
no.

I don't care if Lucas considers it canon or not, animation and live action are two completely different types of Jedi. Animated Jedi do things that put them on tier with mid-level mutants. Live action Mace could barely hold off force lighting... animated mace was moving like a low level speedster. if you wanna use animated versions, you need to specify you're doing so.
Yes it cannon, I dont give a rat ass what you care about. It cannon, it part of the character. Mace barly deflected force lightning? He was able to not only deflect it but turn it against the strongest sith . Palp was able to speed blizt three of the most powerful jedi in exsistences. There fight was taking place at extreme speed and the shock wave of there fight blasted ever single window in the office at onces when they collided. You should try reading the actual script some time.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>