Skaar vs Terrax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Skaar wants Terrax's Axe, and has challenged him to mortal combat on a desolate, and uninhabited planet. The terms of the battle have been drawn out, and whoever wins claims possession.

To seal the deal the Grandmaster oversees the battle, and imprisons the Axe within an impregnable force field that will only be deactivated when one of the combatants can no longer continue stand, or lies dead.

Who wins?

Official Powers: Skaar

Skaar's gamma-spawned and Old Power heritage grants him superhuman strength, lifting at least 90 tons. He possesses superhuman stamina and durability, is particularly immune to the affects of fire and can rapidly regenerate from wounds. Skaar's powerful legs muscles allow him to leap through the air up to 600' vertically or 1000' horizontally. Using the Old Power, Skaar can make his skin harder than stone and increase his strength while he touches ground; he can also manipulate stone and rock, using the power to levitate boulders. At the height of his connection to the Old Power on Sakaar, Skaar could create earthquakes and sense the life forces of other beings anywhere on the planet. Skaar can transform into a childlike Shadow form in which he can still access some of the Old Power, but cannot use his gamma-induced powers.

Physical Attributes

Height
(Shadow) 5'2"; (Skaar) 6'6"

Weight
(Shadow) 105 lbs. (Skaar) 400 lbs.

Eyes
Green

Hair
Black

Official Powers: Terrax

Terrax possessed vast cosmic power granted him by Galactus. Terrax's body was coated with a flexible rock-like shell that was impervious to extremes of heat and cold, from 50 degrees above absolute zero to the interior of a small sun, pressure up to 100 Earth atmospheres, and concussive force up to a fall at terminal velocity from the limit of Earth's exosphere. His body had been sustained by cosmic energy, making it unnecessary for him to eat or breathe.

Physical Attributes

Height
6'6"

Weight
2,750 lbs.

Eyes
Grey

Hair
None

D_Dude1210
Terrax cuts Skaar in half.

Stoic
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Terrax cuts Skaar in half.

No weapons bro.

Warlord
still terrax

Stoic
Why?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Stoic
No weapons bro.

Ahhh. Didn't see that part.

I guess Terrax just blasts him to smithereens then. stick out tongue

Warlord
Originally posted by Stoic
Why?

in short power cosmic >> old power

Stoic
Originally posted by Warlord
in short power cosmic >> old power

Is that so? Why did Skaar's mother Caiera feed Galactus to the point that it was said that the old power, would have quenched Galactus' hunger for a millenia? She basically put him to sleep, and had Skaar not disturbed him, he wouldn't have woken up.

Warlord
how is this even proof that the old power is a greater asset in a fight than the power cosmic?

Stoic
how is this even proof that the old power is a greater asset in a fight than the power cosmic?

How is not proof? You brought it up, but it was a baseless claim because it can not be proven either way. We should move on until it is without a doubt proven, just realize that the old power is quite potent in its own right.

Warlord
I brought it up becasuse there are countless examples of what the power cosmic can do in a fight. on the other hand the old power might be a great power source but it hasn't provided anything impressive fight-wise

Stoic
I brought it up becasuse there are countless examples of what the power cosmic can do in a fight. on the other hand the old power might be a great power source but it hasn't provided anything impressive fight-wise

nothing impressive feat/fight wise? Are you sure? the Thing was unable to even budge the kid when he locked his hand into the earth. He punched the Juggernaut into space using it, and Cain was still as officially as powerful as was when he fought WWHulk in the X-Men, his Power was not yet stripped at that point in time. There are power cosmic users that have greater levels of power than Skaars old power level, but then again his twin brother has more old power than he does.

It's really not proven which is greater, but the fact that it would have satisfied Galactus for such a long time, indicates that it is quite potent.

jalek moye
As a whole Power Cosmic is greater without a doubt but the amount people tend to have is equal. (basically everyone but Galactus)

But really it feeding him doesn't prove it's greater, basic planet energy keeps him happy for like a day or two where as power cosmic doesnt at all because it's his natural energy. All that means is that Sakaar had a potent amount of energy in it not that it was greater then his own power. As I'm pretty sure no one thinks that if Galactus simply wanted to blow their planet up and kill everyone on it that he would have failed.

KingD19
Hiro-Kala would demolish Terrax with his control of the Old Power....you can't put it down.

Skaar could probably take a few of these, especially since Terrax doesn't have his axe.

Stoic
Originally posted by jalek moye
As a whole Power Cosmic is greater without a doubt but the amount people tend to have is equal. (basically everyone but Galactus)

But really it feeding him doesn't prove it's greater, basic planet energy keeps him happy for like a day or two where as power cosmic doesnt at all because it's his natural energy. All that means is that Sakaar had a potent amount of energy in it not that it was greater then his own power. As I'm pretty sure no one thinks that if Galactus simply wanted to blow their planet up and kill everyone on it that he would have failed.

A few days is a far cry from satisfying Galactus for a millennium. It wasn't the planet feeding him, it was Caiera using the old power. i would say that it is as potent as some power cosmic users well of power. No one can say for sure how powerful it is, Skaar is still a child, so perhaps when he grows older, he willl be able to tap into this power source on a greater level.

I don't see why he wouldn't make a good match for Terrax. Besides isn't Terrax dead? Rulk killed him right?

jalek moye
I didn't say it was close I was saying how even basic energy sates him while power cosmic can't, so you can't really use that as a basis. I also even stated that old power users tend to be as good as some power cosmic users.

But fro mwhat we've seen no old power is a good as Galactus hismelf which is why I think you're wrong by saying that the Old Power is greater then him (since he is the power cosmic) Untill one of them is actually flat out more powerful then him it isn't greater instead just another powerful energy source

Stoic
Originally posted by jalek moye
I didn't say it was close I was saying how even basic energy sates him while power cosmic can't, so you can't really use that as a basis. I also even stated that old power users tend to be as good as some power cosmic users.

But fro mwhat we've seen no old power is a good as Galactus hismelf which is why I think you're wrong by saying that the Old Power is greater then him (since he is the power cosmic) Untill one of them is actually flat out more powerful then him it isn't greater instead just another powerful energy source

No I never said that the an old power user is more powerful than Galactus, but perhaps the entire universal of old power in the universe is greater than Galactus. Even Hyperstorm, a vastly powerful character can't boast the power that it would take to sate Galactus for a millennium. I was just remarking the the old power is potent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.