Sikhism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
How come since this is a Religion forum but no one ever mentions Sikhism at all?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism

Quiero Mota
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/WatchOut_02/Sikh.png

majid86
WTF?

Quiero Mota
Its a card from a game called God Trumps.
http://www.ship-of-fools.com/gadgets/toys_pets_games/223.html

24 different religions are represented.

And the reason Sikhs aren't mentioned often is becuase they're too few and mostly limited to one corner of the Earth.

majid86
There are more Sikhs than Jews in the world ya know. Around 25 million people and quite alot of them around the world especially the UK.

lil bitchiness
I don't know much about the religion, so I can't comment. I have known few Sikhs when I was in school and they were all very nice people.

inimalist
Originally posted by majid86
How come since this is a Religion forum but no one ever mentions Sikhism at all?

well, what do you want to discuss about them?

Sikhs tend to be integrated into their societies and really don't make a lot of international waves. For instance, we rarely talk about Confusionism or Jainism either.

The fact that none of our members are of these faiths probably has something to do with it.

idk, off the top of my head, with the exception of issues of doctrine, there is what, Operation Blue Star, the assassination of Indira Ghandi and the anti-Sikh riots, and the Air India bombing, that might make decent threads? And none of those are really about "Sikhism"

There are more Sikhs than Jews in the world ya know. Around 25 million people and quite alot of them around the world especially the UK. But jews are in diaspora and can be found anywhere in the western hemisphere.

lil bitchiness

inimalist
There is an interesting connection between the Sikhs and the British during colonialism. from what I understand, the Sikhs had more respect for their oppressors because of how much they appreciated their warrior society, and Sikhs were certainly better represented in the British army than were Indians.

Digi
There are more Sikhs than Jews in the world ya know.

Which religious group is more prevalent in world affairs and entertainment?

Anyway, as others have said, give us some talking points and maybe a description of sikhism and maybe we'll discuss it.

lil bitchiness
Discussing any particular religion usually requires some insight into it, rather than a simple description.

Unless of course, discussing it actually means pointing out how it is inferior to atheism and superior to Catholicism or whatever other denominations of Christianity.

majid86
Ive used to have many Sikh friends back in Birmingham and got along very well with them and been to many Gudwaras.

I would like to go to Amritsar one day to see the Golden Palace in India's Punjab.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.