Current Wonder Woman Vs Mantis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43215/1357374-1356995_22_super_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7086/185242-110345-mantis_large.jpg

Warlord
any new powers for diana to compensate for her physical de-powerment?

Q99
Originally posted by Warlord
any new powers for diana to compensate for her physical de-powerment?

No. She is still quite fast, strong, skilled, and tough, just not as fast/strong/etc. as before.

Warlord
I think Mantis should win this

Q99
I think it's hard to tell from just two issues. Her physical advantages might grant her the win.

Stoic
I like the new costume it really accentuates her rear.

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
I think it's hard to tell from just two issues. Her physical advantages might grant her the win.

I don't know.
Mantis can hurt herald level people no doubt.
Her MA are unparrareled in MU. and in addition to this she has prcognition abilities.
If Diana lost her immunity to telepathy she goes down as well since Mantis is a formidable TP user.
and in addition to all the above, she has invisibility, pyrokinisis and I'm not sure about plant life manipulation.

going with Mantis here.
Hell, I'd give her some wins against classic Diana too

cdtm
This would have been a pretty easy win for WW with her full powers, on account of a pretty significant speed advantage along with everything else.

But now, I'm not sure.

Warlord
maybe, maybe not. depending on how Mantis' precog would help her anticipate her moves. I'm sure she can handle superspeed.

Prep-Man
Just a brawl, no TP allowed.

Warlord
no precog either I guess...
Well I don't know...Mantis is like Karate Kid in Marvel

Prep-Man
She's not close overall, though. If we're counting PC Karate Kid.

Warlord
I do not take into consideration PC ridiculous stuff generally.
She's very much comparable to current KK in terms of being able to hurt people much more powerful than her

Kinasin
Mantis.

Prep-Man
I do not take into consideration PC ridiculous stuff generally.
She's very much comparable to current KK in terms of being able to hurt people much more powerful than her

Well, if we're counting current Val, I say she is more impressive. Threeboot val isn't near PC Val. Currently, there is no KK at the moment.

Q99
I don't know.
Mantis can hurt herald level people no doubt.

Yes, but there's quite a huge difference from beating a herald level, and beating a highly skilled martial artist who happens to be really physically powerful and fast.

From what we've seen newWW is probably quite a bit stronger than, say, Gamora.

I would think newWW would get a reasonable share of wins.

tideoftime
I agree with the notion further up that it's just too difficult to tell after just a couple or so issues how powerful/skilled WW is, in this alternate timeline/reality; it would *seem* that Mantis should at least get some wins, and might take a majority, depending on what level WW is at, currently.

Standard WW, however, will get the solid majority against Mantis, without a doubt.

Would mindrape work on current WW?

I like this new outfit if ehrs, it's more serious and doesnt have the aazon wearing the american flag retardation to it.

Q99
Originally posted by 753
Would mindrape work on current WW?

Unknown, we've yet to see her deal with non-physical threats.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Just a brawl, no TP allowed.

marwash22
Mantis.

Warlord
Originally posted by Q99
Yes, but there's quite a huge difference from beating a herald level, and beating a highly skilled martial artist who happens to be really physically powerful and fast.

like Thor...wink

Omega Vision
Who thought it was a good idea to depower Wonder Woman again?

Warlord
someone who thought he should surprise DC readers, since all they do is upgrading their characters...smile

BobbyD
Originally posted by Stoic
I like the new costume it really accentuates her rear. laughing out loud

Pics anyone? shifty

Q99
JMS.

someone who thought he should surprise DC readers, since all they do is upgrading their characters...smile

... with the exception of WW. She's got Mod WW back in the 70s when she was no-powered, and was also reduced in power when Artemis took over. It's pretty much same ol', same ol' with her, but some people get the odd idea that 'new and shocking' should be what authors have done with the character repeatedly in the past ("Oh, I know what we can do to shake up Hank Pym! Let's do a story about the time he hit Janet and how he regrets it." "Martian Manhunter tries to overcome his fear of fire." "Batman is now cold and distant, acting like a jerk to his friends." "Kyle Rayner's girlfriends died!"wink.

Also he thought it'd be a good idea for Themyscira to be destroyed.

Fourth/Fifth time this decade.

What they really need to do to push a character is build them up, not send them through the same ol' ringer.

This one may have some variation, the whole 'retro timeline' thing is new, but it's not really wowing me and seems more like a different Diana entirely.

marwash22
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Who thought it was a good idea to depower Wonder Woman again? me. excellent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.