Proteus vs Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
ko, kill.. Forum Rules.

Proteus in She-hulk's body

vs

Captain Marvel

ankur29
which CM?

if DC , how can he beaten?

Sr J-Bieb
Billy invades Proteus' body with his fist.

Billy 10/10

Originally posted by ankur29
which CM?

if DC , how can he beaten? You're kidding right? Even if we assume his bizarre self-restoring magical body can resist the direct effects of Proteus's warp. Proteus can still turn the air inside his lungs into adamantium, shove him across a portal to another galaxy, take over his body or just pound him with kinetic force until he dies

ankur29
Originally posted by 753
You're kidding right? Even if we assume his bizarre self-restoring magical body can resist the direct effects of Proteus's warp. Proteus can still turn the air inside his lungs into adamantium, shove him across a portal to another galaxy, take over his body or just pound him with kinetic force until he dies

DC_Comics_presents_Annual#3

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/DC_Comics_present035.jpg

paradisu
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Billy invades Proteus' body with his fist.

Billy 10/10

so superman cant beat him with physical strength but captain marvel can? moron alart

Warlord
proteus ftw

Prep-Man
Cap.

Warlord
what's next CM vs Jaspers?

Mshinu
Proteus turns CM into poo. FLUSHH!

Prep-Man
Magic will Fck up Proteus.

Warlord
based on?

Prep-Man
At times, transmutation has failed on Cap. Mainly mages, but how powerful is current Proteus? MJJ levels?

Warlord
I remember CA surviving a teseract bomb but it was nothing like reality warping.

I don't even know if Proteus is currently active but when he was, he was a powerful reality warper. not MJJ's level but you don't have to be a multiversal being to beat CA

Prep-Man
Wasn't he somehow defeated by Magneto? Does Proteus still have a weakness? Cause Cap's Wisdom of Solomon has helped him in the past to find weaknesses.

TheLordofMurder
Magneto beating Proteus was pure PIS; Proteus could kill Magneto a 1000 different ways and Mags would be defenseless to stop it (with a single thought he could turn the blood in Mags body into mercury which would result in instant death)...

Same goes for him against Captain Marvel; if Proteus isnt jobbing and means business, this fight is over before it starts...

Proteus stomp-spites CM in a forum fight...

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Wasn't he somehow defeated by Magneto? Does Proteus still have a weakness? Cause Cap's Wisdom of Solomon has helped him in the past to find weaknesses. Yes, defeated by PIS.

DC_Comics_presents_Annual#3

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/DC_Comics_present035.jpg Can't die ever unless he wants to huh? Sounds hyperboley to me.

But even if it were true and proteus couldn't possibly cut CM's connection to zeus or just outright overpower his invulnerabilty in truly lethal fashion, which I doubt, he could still defeat him effortlessly.

Hell, I'm even skeptical CM's 'snap back to his former state' regeneration will circumvent a direct warp. But even assuming that it will and that CM is totally immortal, he loses.

ankur29
Originally posted by 753
Can't die ever unless he wants to huh? Sounds hyperboley to me.

But even if it were true and proteus couldn't possibly cut CM's connection to zeus or just outright overpower his invulnerabilty in truly lethal fashion, which I doubt, he could still defeat him effortlessly.

no it's not hyperbole

it's part of CM's ability , he is what he thinks of himself or something along those line

yes your correct poteus wouldn't be able to cut CM's connection to the gods , as in the issue i posted scans from was teh result of sivanna's attempt to depower him

CM ftw

no it's not hyperbole

it's part of CM's ability , he is what he thinks of himself or something along those line

yes your correct poteus wouldn't be able to cut CM's connection to the gods , as in the issue i posted scans from was teh result of sivanna's attempt to depower him

CM ftw

Hm... Still think it is.

I know how it works and I've seen him defeated despite of it.

DR sivanna cant so a reality warper like proteus can't? lulz

But even assuming all this crap is indeed correct, CM has no chance. He has one of the lowest track records against mind control and nobody ahs ever resisted proteus's posession. Proteus can rewrite the laws of physics to render CM's powers useless without directly severing his conenction to the gods. He can freely manipulate matter and energy to pound CM into submission, or better yet, turn the atmosphere arround him into a block of admantium or exile him to a dimension of nothingness.

Proteus stomps

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by paradisu
so superman cant beat him with physical strength but captain marvel can? moron alart Yes

Prep-Man
no it's not hyperbole

CM ftw

I think it was also Circe who also tried to transmute/warp billy and she couldn't do it. Magic> Mutie.

Magic> Mutie. No.

Prep-Man
He's a magic construct protected by gods, I think so.

King Castle
aside from the pre retcon captain marvel scan is there any current evidence to suggest billy can keep Proteus from taking him over or actually resisting high end reality warping?

Warlord
Magic> Mutie.

certainly not

Prep-Man
What's Protesus's high end feats, anyway? Are they more powerful than Circe's?

Warlord
the major point is that CM counter Circe or any other magic user comes naturally to him as he's a magic powered champion. reality warping is something completely different.

Proteus was shown to be able to do almost anything. I don't see how CM can withstand him. At best he finds himself encased in adamantium

Prep-Man
Again, what's his greatest feats? Is it universal in scale? Planetary?

And Circe warps reality, just not in the same manner. She does it through magic, but magic is just another type of energy.

Warlord

And Circe warps reality, just not in the same manner. She does it through magic, but magic is just another type of energy.

you don't have to be a universal reality warper to beat CM.
the effects being the same doesn't mean he is not suited to deal with one better than the other.

It's like saying that if someone can survive lightning he can survive magic lightning as well since the effect is a type of energy

Prep-Man
If the gods protect him, yes, he'll do much better than your average guy. Even the Wisdom of Solomon helped defeat Johhny Sorrow.

Warlord
If the gods protect him, yes, he'll do much better than your average guy. Even the Wisdom of Solomon helped defeat Johhny Sorrow.

the gods protect him by giving him a degree of invulnerability.
which post crisis is not total. the teseract bomb messed him up and he survived because the effect was instantaneous. It's not like nothing can harm him. in my books Proteus >> a Teseract Bomb

Prep-Man
I'm just not talking about a tesseract bomb. He's survived worse than that. Even Ankur's pic shows the level Cap has. He can't even die. Hell, he can even AMP his attributes when he taps more into his power.

Warlord
I'm just not talking about a tesseract bomb. He's survived worse than that. Even Ankur's pic shows the level Cap has. He can't even die. Hell, he can even AMP his attributes when he taps more into his power.

I don't see amping helping him.

And yet the bomb was able to turn him inside out. Imagine what a high order reality warper would do

Prep-Man
Higher invulnerability, speed, strength, etc... If Mags was able to get the best of him, Cap has a good shot.

Warlord
if Gods can give him PIS powers ok the others you mentioned are irrelevant against a reality warper

King Castle
Ankur's pic is a retconned Version of Captain Marvel that story isnt even part of modern marvel.

Captain Marvel or current Marvel was retold from beginning to now iirc with this comic:
http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/shazam.jpg
might as well use Else worlds and what ifs to argue for a character
also the immunity that marvel has shown is due to his magic immunity granted him.. he is able to resist various magical attacks at certain power lvls but he is not immune to high end skyfather lvl ones nor is he immune to science based attacks either at least not the same way he is to magic.

he has bn altered and turned into a child in the sins of youth storyline.. it was a combination of science and Klarion the witch boy which shows he is not immune to reality warping alteration by either science or magic not completely.

he has also bn altered when he entered the 5th dimension he was turned into a flat piece of paper character...now these examples are well after his initial retcons.

Prep-Man
It's not too far off. A bullet was designed to kill Adam, yet he lived when he was shot in the head or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.