Darth Plagueis Novel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mattatom
Darth Plagueis is an upcoming novel by James Luceno. It will tell the backstory of Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Plagueis. It was originally scheduled for release in October of 2008, but was canceled. Sue Rostoni has since stated that the book has been reinstated, with a release date of February 28, 2012.

Justa thought i'd let y'all know, the novels been reinstated for a 2012 release.

ares834
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t535645.html

On the first page none the less...

Regardless, I am looking forward to this.

mattatom
I must be fecking blind. Ahh well at least people won't miss it now. thumb up

Lord Lucien
2012? Bit I want it nooooow.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
2012? Bit I want it nooooow. Reach first Plagueis later.

Lord Lucien
Yeah that one's gonna take about 2 years to finish anyway. Have you seen how many points it takes to get to Lt. Colonel?

mattatom
No, but i'll get it. I am a halofan. thumb up

Lord Lucien
According to Ex Bawks, you're only Warrant Officer Grade 2. Pffff. Halofan my ass.

mattatom
Hey I have an two ex's to juggle, my work and! This place so shullup.

Lord Lucien
Grammar fail. No wonder they balk.

mattatom
Grammar fail. No wonder they balk. Intentional fail is intentional.

REXXXX
Oh good, this has been revived... I wonder how they'll address what Palpatine said about him.

CaedusRules
I hope they show how he used his ability to create life with Midi-chlorians to impregnate Shmi Skywalker, and thus give birth to Anakin without having a father.

Lord Lucien
Yes, we... we know how it goes.

Dr McBeefington
I doubt Lucas would allow us to find out if Plagueis truly conceived Anakin because it would make the prophecy all the more useless. If the prophecy is to be believed, he was conceived by the force, not as a result of the force. Then again, the prohecy was useless as of DE and beyond anyways so screw it.

Lord Lucien
I think he's stopped giving a shit about the EU by the now. So long as there's money to be made. Some sweet green.

REXXXX
To be honest, I'd rather not know anything about Plagueis.

Shey Tapani
2012? Bit I want it nooooow.

He also prepared years of reseearch to write TUF.

DarthLazious
I cannot wait for this to come out. They will finally show Palpatines Beginings after this novel.

Darth Creasy
Originally posted by REXXXX
To be honest, I'd rather not know anything about Plagueis.

I'm with this guy...A Sith Lord so powerful, his apprentice kills him in his sleep? No thanks.

Lord Lucien
I don't care how good the writer is: when he gets to the assassination part, it's gonna read so terribly.

ares834
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
I doubt Lucas would allow us to find out if Plagueis truly conceived Anakin because it would make the prophecy all the more useless. If the prophecy is to be believed, he was conceived by the force, not as a result of the force. Then again, the prohecy was useless as of DE and beyond anyways so screw it.

Old post I know... But having Plagueis create Anakin doesn't go against the prophecy. It could be simply that the force "manipulated" Plagueis into using his "powers" on Shmi.

RE: Blaxican
He raped her. That's what you're trying to say? You are a horrible person mang.

Nephthys
Actually, the Force raped her. Hence the name. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Nephthys
Actually, the Force raped her. Hence the name. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif Shmi ForceRaped? Must be her maiden name.

Nephthys
I believe its Jewish.

Darth Creasy
Actually, the Force raped her. Hence the name. http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-colbert.gif

LOL

SlightlyFlaccid
Cover and blurb announced at SW.com.

Galan007
Looking forward to this quite a bit.

SlightlyFlaccid
That cover looks excellent. Plagueis has a Voldemort-vibe going on and it's a pretty epic moment to finally see Palpatine kneel. Definitely paying homage to the iconic scene in TESB with Vader and holo!Palpatine.

ares834
Wow! That looks great.

Lord Lucien
Nice. One of the only Star Wars novel covers I've seen that looks compelling.

ares834
Stover writing a tie-in short story!

Awesome! The two best authors creating two stories dealing with Plagueis.

Anyway, Tenebrous is apparently a Sith Lord who has absolutely no back story. I wonder if he will actually be in the story (IE be Plags' master) or if Plags is studing his lore.

Black bolt z
IS it just me or did plagueis look like a munu?

ares834
He is a Muun.

Korto Vos
I don't care how good the writer is: when he gets to the assassination part, it's gonna read so terribly.

Not necessarily. It could be that Plagueis may have physical and mental 'obstacles' preventing Sidious from reaching his bed and stabbing him.

Secondly, after killing Plagueis, he may have to physically and/or mentally battle the Sith Lord's spirit or some other wicked thing.

I doubt it would be as easy as:

Plagueis: "Good night, my apprentice."

Sidious: "And to you, my master."

Plagueis falls asleep.

Sidious walks up to the bed and mutters, "Till now, I was but the learner; now I am the master. This is the end for you, my master."

Stabs Plagueis with his lightsaber.

Sidious: "Power!!!! Unlimited powahhh!!!!!11111"

Lord Lucien

Like I said, it's going to read terribly.

Korto Vos
Have some faith, my friend- I'm sure it'll end up better than 90% of the other Star Wars novels if the authors are good.

Lord Lucien
Watch Drew weasel his way in to somehow--maybe as an advising writer. Hopefully Luceno will be involved.

Korto Vos
Hopefully, LoE was quite good.

ares834
Watch Drew weasel his way in to somehow--maybe as an advising writer. Hopefully Luceno will be involved.

confused

Of course Luceno will be involved.

Lord Lucien
Of course?

Nephthys
X8u7px_GzWQ

Lord Lucien
8mNDmrwOChk

Korto Vos
LUCENO WILL BE IN IT?!

P3ALwKeSEYs&

Turr_Phennir
The new blurb has been revealed by Random House.

Interesting.

Though it's probably referring to political power, no? mmm

Nephthys
Great, another 'Most powerfulest Sith EVAR!' dude.

Why can't there just be a Sith who isn't really that powerful but is incredibly smart?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Turr_Phennir
The new blurb has been revealed by Random House.

Interesting.

Though it's probably referring to political power, no? mmm

Not sure how "most knowledgeable in esoteric force techniques" translates into the most powerful but they make this shit up as they go along.

Stealth Moose
Not sure how "most knowledgeable in esoteric force techniques" translates into the most powerful but they make this shit up as they go along.

It's EU Star Wars. Hyperbole and ridiculous unsubstantiated quotes about power are more commonplace than actual stars.

Some of the new stuff is going to make Superman look like a well rounded character at this point.

Dr McBeefington
Well, it may explain why Palpatine became the most powerful ever, his teacher was pretty damn powerful. Either way, sounds gay.

Korto Vos
Well, it may explain why Palpatine became the most powerful ever, his teacher was pretty damn powerful. Either way, sounds gay.

So you think it'll be joyful, jovial, cheerful, big grin ?

How nice!

FistOfThe North
So Shmi's lay's gettin' a book. Cool.

I heard the story's about the love triangle in between Palps Plagueis and Shmi. Something about Plagueis having relations with Palps until Shmi came along and entered the mix. Plagueis stop having carnal relations with palps, cause he was puttin' it on Shmi and he developed feelings for her, and got her pregnant. Palps he didn't appreciate that at all and so he whacked him in bed. Palps left Shmi alone because he wanted Plagueis'/Shmi's offspring to serve him for life as punishment for betraying the carnal love they had for each other.

That's what i heard.

Turr_Phennir
Sounds accurate. Hell hath no fury like a Sith scorned?

FistOfThe North
yea palpy poo is what Plagueis used as a nick name for him behind closed doors.

But it's just rumor.

Lightsnake
I'm not seeing the issue with Plagueis being the strongest to that point. We already know Palpatine surpassed his master by the time he killed him (or was on par at the least).

To Sith? Knowledge often translates to power

ares834
Originally posted by Lightsnake
I'm not seeing the issue with Plagueis being the strongest to that point. We already know Palpatine surpassed his master by the time he killed him (or was on par at the least).

To Sith? Knowledge often translates to power

How do we know that?

Lightsnake
Because it's said in various points. I believe Palpatine himself comments on it when reflecting on Plagueis's murder. I believe Jedi vs. Sith said something to similar effect

ares834
Because it's said in various points. I believe Palpatine himself comments on it when reflecting on Plagueis's murder. I believe Jedi vs. Sith said something to similar effect

Palpatine also says Plags taught his aprentice evrything he knew an obvious lie. As for Jedi vs Sith I can't comment on it.

Lightsnake
Palpatine would have to be an exemplary liar in RoDV because then he's thinking it to himself when he reflects on Plagueis. He DOES confess to himself he never learned the secret of eternal life (yet), but he dispatched Plagueis when he surpassed him.

Moreover, Palpatine and Plagueis had serious tension when Palpatine murdered him. If Plagueis fancied his chances, he could have attempted to end him rather than risk something as major as an usurpation when he was cultivating another apprentice.

I believe the databook said Palpatine only moved against Plagueis when he surpassed him, as well

Dr McBeefington
I believe the databook said Palpatine only moved against Plagueis when he surpassed him, as well This doesn't make any sense because if Palpatine truly surpassed him, he wouldn't have killed him like a coward. It actually points to the fact that Palpatine was very much the inferior in that relationship and seized upon an opportunity, instead of facing his master on an even level.

Turr_Phennir
edit

Dr McBeefington
Nice 404.

Nephthys
Page not found?

I'm sure it'll be brilliant.

Turr_Phennir

Dr McBeefington
I want an advance copy of the book. Gideon, make it happen.

Turr_Phennir
I WILL USE ALL MY POWER AND CONNECTIONS and still not get anywhere close to getting you an advanced copy. Though it would be nice....

mattatom
I'm happy with the new ES book released today (:

Turr_Phennir
ES?

Stealth Moose
This doesn't make any sense because if Palpatine truly surpassed him, he wouldn't have killed him like a coward. It actually points to the fact that Palpatine was very much the inferior in that relationship and seized upon an opportunity, instead of facing his master on an even level.

Which makes us want a Yoda versus Plageus fight all the more, right?

Turr_Phennir
DS
This doesn't make any sense because if Palpatine truly surpassed him, he wouldn't have killed him like a coward.

He wouldn't?

Lightsnake
This doesn't make any sense because if Palpatine truly surpassed him, he wouldn't have killed him like a coward. It actually points to the fact that Palpatine was very much the inferior in that relationship and seized upon an opportunity, instead of facing his master on an even level.

I don't think you grasp how Palpatine does things.

The DB said he killed him when he surpassed him. But why run the risk? A fight between two Sith of that magnitude?

A. the dark powers unleashed may warn someone near by two Sith are fighting
B. A victor isn't 100 percent certain.

Palpatine might be stronger, but Plagueis is insanely powerful as well. Why risk a fight with him when you're not guaranteed to win without some risk to yourself? Could you win without injury?

Palpatine is pretty good with risk vs. benefit.

Fight Plagueis on open ground? He could win, but there's a chance he could lose.

Murder Plagueis in his sleep? No chance of injury, no fuss, no muss, and the worst case scenario is Plagueis wakes up and a fight ensues anyways.

I'd go with option B.

Turr_Phennir
I'm not claiming that Palpatine definitively surpassed Plagueis at the time of the murder, but the idea that he was inarguably weaker because he chose to murder him in his sleep is... silly.

Lightsnake
Put it this way: See Exar Kun vs. Ulic Qel-Droma? Ulic is stronger and would win overall, eventually, right? But not without difficulty, or risk to himself.

Same difference

Dr McBeefington
Put it this way: See Exar Kun vs. Ulic Qel-Droma? Ulic is stronger and would win overall, eventually, right? But not without difficulty, or risk to himself.

Same difference

Would do you mean eventually? I'd say he'd win 1 out of 10 times.. There's nothing about him that makes him stronger.

Turr_Phennir
I think he meant Kun.

Dr McBeefington
I think he meant Kun. Me assuming Palpatine was the weaker is as valid as the assumption that Palpatine wanted to maximize his gains and what not. Either or could be true. That he did it the cowardly way isn't debatable. It would have been nice if they had a Bane vs. Zannah titanic battle.

Turr_Phennir
DS
Me assuming Palpatine was the weaker is as valid as the assumption that Palpatine wanted to maximize his gains and what not. Either or could be true.

Except you referred to it as a "fact" earlier in the thread. It's possible, but what is possible doesn't equate to factual and that is where you made your mistake.

Otherwise, I agree.

Where was that being debated?

uh no

Not everything has to end in a titanic battle. It's not Palpatine's style (unless forced).

Lightsnake
It 'would be nice' for who? Bane was stronger than Zannah, but she was still set on winning.

Palpatine isn't weaker. It's outright said he's stronger and Palpatine, when reflecting on the murder, gloats how Plagueis didn't realize how strong he really was, and how Plagueis was a relic and a fool.

It's not valid when you consider that Palpatine has every reason to want to minimize his risk. Again, how much stronger was he? Not enough to just outright stomp him in a duel. You think Palpatine would allow a 10 percent chance of victory for Plagueis in a fight if he had an easier way?

Dr McBeefington
It 'would be nice' for who? Bane was stronger than Zannah, but she was still set on winning.
Well, stronger physically and with a saber, obviously not stronger in wills or sith sorcery.

Where was it stated that he was already stronger?

This only works if Palpatine was definitely already stronger. Otherwise, my point stands.

Lightsnake
Well, stronger physically and with a saber, obviously not stronger in wills or sith sorcery.

to be fair, It was pointed out their wills were essentially equal. And he was stronger in the force

It says in the databank he killed his master after he'd surpassed him.

I'm pretty sure other media say Palpatine surpassed Plagueis as well.

Again, why are you so convinced killing Plagueis in his sleep proves weakness? Are you going to reasonably deny that even a weaker opponent can give a stronger one trouble, and potentially claim a victory? Why run ANY risk you don't have to?

With Yoda, Yoda realized he'd die in an extended fight eventually...Palpatine still wasn't keen on a straight fight

Dr McBeefington
to be fair, It was pointed out their wills were essentially equal. And he was stronger in the force
I don't have to tell you that if their wills were equal, then it would have been a neverending battle. She proved to be the stronger.

Please provide quotes.

No, but I'm open to both possibilities while you're only open to the one.

Lightsnake
I don't have to tell you that if their wills were equal, then it would have been a neverending battle. She proved to be the stronger.

She proved she had the strength for a last push. Even battles between equals end in someone's victory. It's not a constant state of equilibrium.

I will when the DB is back up

I'm glad you're open then.

The issue is, even when Palpatine reflects on the event, he never expresses fear of Plagueis. By the same token, it's indicate dthere was serious tension between Plagueis and Palpatine as Palpatine was beginning to openly defy him. If Plagueis could, why not kill him?

Turr_Phennir
The DB won't be back up.

Dr McBeefington
She proved she had the strength for a last push. Even battles between equals end in someone's victory. It's not a constant state of equilibrium.

I will when the DB is back up

I'm glad you're open then.

The issue is, even when Palpatine reflects on the event, he never expresses fear of Plagueis. By the same token, it's indicate dthere was serious tension between Plagueis and Palpatine as Palpatine was beginning to openly defy him. If Plagueis could, why not kill him? Many reasons why. Perhaps his attempts at eternal life were incomplete, or his midichlorian manipulation. Perhaps he still had use for Palpatine. The point remains though, until we see some proof of Palpatine surpassing Plagueis, both of our arguments work.

Lightsnake
Well, here's a quote I could find on the matter:

Sidious would not kill his master, however, until he understood all Plagueis had to teach him and had become powerful enough to defeat him.

Dr McBeefington
Well, here's a quote I could find on the matter:

Sidious would not kill his master, however, until he understood all Plagueis had to teach him and had become powerful enough to defeat him. That doesn't tell us much. Being powerful enough to defeat him doesn't make him his superior, or his equal. You could still be an inferior and win, like killing someone in his sleep. So I guess it's still up for grabs.

Lightsnake
So first it's "If he thought he could win in a fight, he wouldn't do it in his sleep."

Then "This doesn't make him stronger even if he could defeat him!"

He said flat out he learned everything he could from Plagueis and could have defeated him, coupled with the facts that Plagueis didn't risk an open confrontation with him, either.

Really, this is proven beyond a reasonable doubt at this juncture.

Dr McBeefington
So first it's "If he thought he could win in a fight, he wouldn't do it in his sleep."

Then "This doesn't make him stronger even if he could defeat him!"

He said flat out he learned everything he could from Plagueis and could have defeated him, coupled with the facts that Plagueis didn't risk an open confrontation with him, either.

Really, this is proven beyond a reasonable doubt at this juncture.
No, you have a tendency to post random selections from texts and claim "beyond a reasonable doubt". Your last paragraph has your usual reaching in hopes of making a valid argument. We do not know if he was more powerful than Plagueis when he killed him. All we know is he took the opportunity when it was there.

Lightsnake
DS sees Palpatine kille dPlagueis in his sleep: This means he wasn't strong enough to kill him in a straight fight!

Sees direct quote stating otherwise.

"Still doesn't mean he was stronger!"

Plagueis doesn't kill Palpatine even though the two are nearly coming to a head
"That also doesn't prove anything!"

Dr McBeefington
DS sees Palpatine kille dPlagueis in his sleep: This means he wasn't strong enough to kill him in a straight fight!

Sees direct quote stating otherwise.

"Still doesn't mean he was stronger!"

Plagueis doesn't kill Palpatine even though the two are nearly coming to a head
"That also doesn't prove anything!"

LS sees a quote, interprets it the way he wants, screams "beyond a reasonable doubt", and is fully convinced.

Lightsnake
I'm highlighting the double standards you've shown here is all.

Dr McBeefington
I'm highlighting the double standards you've shown here is all. I'm not sure you understand the meaning of "double standards". The only thing I was guilty of was claiming that Palpatine was definitely weaker, which I have long since recanted in favor of the two theories. What you're doing is desperately trying to make one work by reaching, and calling it fact.

Lightsnake
Which of them is called the most powerful Sith in history consistently? Palpatine is the one who's described as having learned all Plagueis had to teach and grew strong enough to defeat him while Plagueis never made any move against him without his supposed perfect apprentice.

It's quite obvious whose supposed to be stronger. Especially when one considers how this order is supposed to work

Dr McBeefington
Which of them is called the most powerful Sith in history consistently?
How is this even relevant to Palpatine's level of power during Plagueis' reign? This is just horrible, LS.
Obviously Palpatine didn't learn all Plagueis had to teach him since he never achieved eternal life and learned transfer essence only later on. And once again, strong enough to defeat doesn't make him more powerful.

No, the only thing that's obvious is that Palpatine was strong enough to defeat him, nothing more. I'll try and be more civil with you LS but it's kind of hard when I can poke holes in each one of your arguments without breaking so much as a sweat (as opposed to sweating while playing video games, naturally).

Turr_Phennir
Well that's a pleasant compromise. Let's all take deep, calming breaths before we leap into the fray to slug it out with one another.

There is no emotion, there is peace.

Dr McBeefington
Well that's a pleasant compromise. Let's all take deep, calming breaths before we leap into the fray to slug it out with one another.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
According to you, there is only homosexuality..

Turr_Phennir
With Neph, yes.

Without Neph, no?

Nephthys
You know, you guys could just wait for the book to come out.

Dr McBeefington
We're going to have to, since Gideon is too much of a failure to get us all an advance copy.

Nephthys
Lol, what a chode.

mattatom
ES? Elder Scrolls Lord of Souls

Zampanó
Lol, what a chode.
thumb up

(he he)

Lightsnake
How is this even relevant to Palpatine's level of power during Plagueis' reign? This is just horrible, LS.
Obviously Palpatine didn't learn all Plagueis had to teach him since he never achieved eternal life and learned transfer essence only later on. And once again, strong enough to defeat doesn't make him more powerful.
Plagueis worked his entire life to discover the secret of immortal life. We still don't know the specifics of the matter as there are contradictory quotes on the subject.
Also, when was transfer essence a power of Plagueis?

so in essence, this ceased to be 'that makes him stronger' when the point turned against you.
Palpatine is said to have surpassed his teacher. He never once thinks of Plagueis as a superior. Plagueis wasn't able to kill him straight up when Palpatine openly defied him, and Palpatine mastered all his knowledge and ended him.

Dr McBeefington
so in essence, this ceased to be 'that makes him stronger' when the point turned against you.Whatever you need to tell yourself to avoid the beating you're taking.

Prove it without reaching..
Prove it without reaching and tell me how Palpatine's mindset is relevant.

Prove where this happened, or are you desperate enough to resort to making things up?

Prove this or concede, like you should have this morning.

Turr_Phennir
I'm really going to have to speak to you and Nai about your recent belligerence. Punishments will be doled out in the form of high velocity spankings. 131

Dr McBeefington
I'm really going to have to speak to you and Nai about your recent belligerence. Punishments will be doled out in the form of high velocity spankings. 131 Belligerence in the face of stupidity is not only allowed but encouraged with mod status upgrades (looking at you Rex). What is discouraged is a lack of objectivity. Ahem Ahem

Turr_Phennir
You don't have to cough, I'm well aware that you struggle with objectivity.

Dr McBeefington
You don't have to cough, I'm well aware that you struggle with objectivity. And there we have projection.

AthenasTrgrFngr
laughcry

Turr_Phennir
DS
And there we have projection.

Hey, you're one of the guys who constantly defended me and my opinions, so... I've got history on my side. 131

Dr McBeefington
Hey, you're one of the guys who constantly defended me and my opinions, so... I've got history on my side. 131 Which proves my objectivity. Game, set and match laughing

Turr_Phennir
No one denied your objectivity with the Versus fights.

Dr McBeefington
No one denied your objectivity with the Versus fights.

Didn't mention versus fights in that post, nor would they be relevant in terms of defending you. I'm on a roll now. laughing

Turr_Phennir
facepalm

Dr McBeefington
I accept. You may rise.

Turr_Phennir
wut

I think we'll stick to our age-old relationship: I handle the debates and win, you handle the ass-kissing and win by association with me. excellent

Dr McBeefington
wut

I think we'll stick to our age-old relationship: I handle the debates and win, you handle the ass-kissing and win by association with me. excellent If you handle the debates, then i'll get stuck on the losing side. I think I've got it taken care of, for the past few weeks anyway. You may admire my girth in the meantime.

Turr_Phennir
DS
If you handle the debates, then i'll get stuck on the losing side.

Only if you oppose me.

^ If you really were objective, your claim would be counterintuitive to the above. Which is why one of us has been universally considered to be a skilled debater and the other is you. Don't be jealous, just remember your station. Beneath me. 131

By the way, I'm still waiting for the proof about my "forced concessions" or have you conceded that?

Dr McBeefington
Only if you oppose me.

Neh

If you were a skilled debater, then you know taking your side (hint: the unpopular side) many times is the epitome of objectivity. I win.

No, I just haven't looked it up but i'm tempted to go the LS route and make something up.

Turr_Phennir
DS
Neh

Eloquent.

facepalm

Objectivity has nothing to do with taking the unpopular side, DS. It's about assessing points of view on their merit and going with the one that is right. If I were losing the debates, an objective person wouldn't defend them.

It would certainly be more creative and entertaining than being dishonest or inept with the definitions of simple words. But not as creative as condemning your entire chosen profession, so.... feel free to besmirch the use of semantics again. uhuh

Nephthys
Awful lot of gay up in here and none of its coming from me. Just saying.

(bad gay, not me and Gideon gay)

Turr_Phennir
ty my sweet

Dr McBeefington

facepalm

Objectivity has nothing to do with taking the unpopular side, DS. It's about assessing points of view on their merit and going with the one that is right. If I were losing the debates, an objective person wouldn't defend them.

Nobody related objectivity with unpopularity (apparently you missed the joke). The fact that I've argued with you and against you shows objectivity, unless you either won or lost all those debates. Good try though.laughing out loud

Are you still mad that the end of the lengthy debate, it's unclear whether Revan was a pawn or wasn't (despite your desperate pleas that there is no contradiction)? Or are you just upset because the argument was pointless since the game was in beta, and none of it is considered canon? laughing

Turr_Phennir
facepalm

Dr McBeefington
facepalm indeed laughing out loud

Lord Lucien
What's this about a Plagueis novel?

Turr_Phennir
It's a novel about a guy named Plagueis.

FistOfThe North
The novel should start off the story with a young Plagueis for a couple of chapters. Meaning about his early life and adventures, his trials and tribulation and how and why he turned.

Major Valerian
Darth Plagueis novel...?

Wow. I'm lost.

Turr_Phennir
MV
Darth Plagueis novel...?

Wow. I'm lost.

It's a novel about Darth Plagueis.

no expression

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by Major Valerian
Darth Plagueis novel...?

Wow. I'm lost.

Darth Plagueis is Palpatynes sith master.

Lord Lucien
So wait wait, I'm getting lost here... who's getting a Plagueis novel?

Turr_Phennir
Those who purchase the novel upon its release?

Major Valerian
It's a novel about Darth Plagueis.

no expression

Duh. I know that.

And I know who Darth Plagueis is. What I meant is that I'd no idea a novel about Darth Plagueis was being written, since I've not been into anything SW related in a while. I'm lost.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Major Valerian
Duh. I know that.

And I know who Darth Plagueis is. What I meant is that I'd no idea a novel about Darth Plagueis was being written, since I've not been into anything SW related in a while. I'm lost. And George Lucas made me blind in one eye yesterday. We're half of Amazing Grace, Valerian.

Major Valerian
Half of Amazing Grace... I kinda like that.

ares834
http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Darth_Plagueis.jpg

Apparently it will tie into Maul's survival.

Nephthys
So according to this thread, theres a possibility that Plagueis was still alive at the time of Episode 1. qnone

Stealth Moose
That's... completely unexpected.

Nephthys
I know, right?

How old was Palps in Ep. 1? I guess the ages could match up.

Stealth Moose
50-60?

Nephthys
Yeah, he was about 50ish.

That seems a little old.

darkriddle
If Palpatine is prejudice against non-human aliens (which he is portrayed as in most books and comics) why does he have a Muun master? -unless that's the reason for his prejudice.

Lord Lucien
Didn't Gideon make an argument that Palpatine himself wasn't personally prejudiced, but he allowed it in the Empire as a means of control?

Nephthys
Gideon is a chicken-shit so who cares. sneer

darkriddle
Gideon is a chicken-shit so who cares. sneer

In comic books from Dark Horse, Palpatine is featured in a prejudice light. Supposedly, the only aliens he condones in the Empire's high offices were the Chiss, and they were established at the far end of the galaxy.

His rise to "Supreme Chancellor" seems to be a symbolic reference to real life Hitler and Nazism, which perhaps his prejudice nature is molded after. (As seen in the documentary "mythology of Star Wars".)

There is also a Sith paradox concerning this - aren't the Sith race originally an alien species?

...And Darth Maul isn't really human either, so why choose an alien apprentice to succeed him as Sith Lord?

I hope this issue is addressed in the new Plagueis novel, it would certainly put some of the seemingly continuity goof-ups to rest.

ares834
Didn't Gideon make an argument that Palpatine himself wasn't personally prejudiced, but he allowed it in the Empire as a means of control?

That's what I believe as well. Afterall, Palpatine seems to hate everyone equally. And as already metnioned he did have an alien apprentice and showed actual sadness following his "death".

Nephthys
He did? O_o

Originally posted by darkriddle
In comic books from Dark Horse, Palpatine is featured in a prejudice light. Supposedly, the only aliens he condones in the Empire's high offices were the Chiss, and they were established at the far end of the galaxy.

His rise to "Supreme Chancellor" seems to be a symbolic reference to real life Hitler and Nazism, which perhaps his prejudice nature is molded after. (As seen in the documentary "mythology of Star Wars".)

There is also a Sith paradox concerning this - aren't the Sith race originally an alien species?

...And Darth Maul isn't really human either, so why choose an alien apprentice to succeed him as Sith Lord?

I hope this issue is addressed in the new Plagueis novel, it would certainly put some of the seemingly continuity goof-ups to rest.

Well said.

SIDIOUS 66
Gosh, I need to come in contact with this Sable_Heart... Quick!

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by darkriddle

He never intended for Maul to be his successor.

Easily rectified plot hole.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>