Marksmanship contest: Wolverine vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Steve Rogers of course. Bucky Cap was sure he could kill Kang with a single bullet, so it'd be spite biscuits

--
They both rarely use guns. I wonder... who is a better shot?

Dum Dum Dugan
Wolverine, he to my knowledge has used far more firer arms. Captain America form day one has been using his shield mostly. This was not the case with Wolverine who for greta parts of his life had no idea he had claws and was using firer arms to get his task's accomplished.

jalek moye
speaking of that, how did he forget that he had claws?

Black bolt z
I'd actually have to say wolverine.If they both got to have time to aim wolveirnes senses are more highly attunded.Slight edge to him.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by jalek moye
speaking of that, how did he forget that he had claws?

he had his mind erased several times.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Wolverine, he to my knowledge has used far more firer arms. Captain America form day one has been using his shield mostly. This was not the case with Wolverine who for greta parts of his life had no idea he had claws and was using firer arms to get his task's accomplished.

Rogers has told Punisher in their first encounter that he's used firearms a lot in WWII. Just saying.

Starscream M
Cap man...hands down

he throws shields for a living fer crying out loud

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
Cap man...hands down

he throws shields for a living fer crying out loud

what does throwing a shield have to do with firing a gun? you logic is down right retard sometimes.

Starscream M
what does throwing a shield have to do with firing a gun? you logic is down right retard sometimes. umm...aiming a shield means cap has ridiculous aiming ability and trajectory calculation ability

was that too difficult for you to grasp? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dum Dum Dugan
umm...aiming a shield means cap has ridiculous aiming ability and trajectory calculation ability

throwing a shield and shotting a gun are not the same. I am a good knife throwing, but I am shit with a gun.

They dont go hand and hand moron.

not to mention wolverine ahd people believeing he was Captain America, by using a dam trash can lid.

illadelph12
I hate to say it, but I actually agree with Starscream.

Cap's knowledge of trajectory is very advanced. His shield tossing ability was a skill he learned in his training. That would translate very well to firearms. His aim is so attuned he can get the same effects with a discus toss that others would with a firearm, so he doesn't need a gun. The aim is there though.

Still hate to say it.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by illadelph12
I hate to say it, but I actually agree with Starscream.

Cap's knowledge of trajectory is very advanced. His shield tossing ability was a skill he learned in his training. That would translate very well to firearms. His aim is so attuned he can get the same effects with a discus toss that others would with a firearm, so he doesn't need a gun. The aim is there though.

Still hate to say it.

again there not the same thing. Throwing and object and shooting a gun have a completely different feel. The best knife thrower in the world, picked up a gun he ben shit with it. They don't translate over. There two completely different tasks, the only similarity would be timing, but even then it be much different. Throwing object has much different feel then shooting a gun. Go try it your self.

Uisng your logic a baseball pitcher would be an expert with firearms. see what I am getting at?

StiltmanFTW
umm...aiming a shield means cap has ridiculous aiming ability and trajectory calculation ability

So does Wolverine. He made HYDRA agents think he's Cap and all he had was a trash can lid... which obviously doesn't have the properties of Cap's shield.

They both have some ridiculous accuracy feats. Steve opening and closing a lighter with his shield throw, Wolverine taking out a plane with a sword throw / a chopper with a wretch...

not to mention wolverine ahd people believeing he was Captain America, by using a dam trash can lid.

You beat me to it.

Trackz
definitely cap

Mindset
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
So does Wolverine. He made HYDRA agents think he's Cap and all he had was a trash can lid... which obviously doesn't have the properties of Cap's shield.

They both have some ridiculous accuracy feats. Steve opening and closing a lighter with his shield throw, Wolverine taking out a plane with a sword throw / a chopper with a wretch...

You beat me to it. They are idiots tho

Dum Dum Dugan
People just becuase you are good at throwing a shield, knife ect does not make you better with a Gun. It like trying to argue a major league pitcher being expert with firer arms, because he so accurate with his pitches. It absurd. All it help you do is timing, the whole feel and motion, is much different froma gun, The way you aim is much different as well.

Also wolverine expert with throwing knifes, but that means shit here. It who better with a gun.

illadelph12
I see what your getting at Dum Dum, however, paralleling Cap's specialized aim and training to a real life knife thrower or a pitcher is a horrible comparison. Nolan Ryan isn't going to know the right speed and trajectory to throw a fast ball against a wall, have it ricochet off multiple surfaces, hit 7 people in the forehead (knocking each unconscious), and then have the ball return to the palm of his hand. Cap's aim is more comparable to one of his comic contemporaries like Bullseye or Cyclops. The aim and trajectory ability is a honed skill. Using a real world example of someone tossing an object is more than a bit misleading, to say the least.

Badabing

was that too difficult for you to grasp? roll eyes (sarcastic) Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
throwing a shield and shotting a gun are not the same. I am a good knife throwing, but I am shit with a gun.

They dont go hand and hand moron.

not to mention wolverine ahd people believeing he was Captain America, by using a dam trash can lid. Both of you need to stop.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by illadelph12
I see what your getting at Dum Dum, however, paralleling Cap's specialized aim and training to a real life knife thrower or a pitcher is a horrible comparison. Nolan Ryan isn't going to know the right speed and trajectory to throw a fast ball against a wall, have it ricochet off multiple surfaces, hit 7 people in the forehead (knocking each unconscious), and then have the ball return to the palm of his hand. Cap's aim is more comparable to one of his comic contemporaries like Bullseye or Cyclops. The aim and trajectory ability is a honed skill. Using a real world example of someone tossing an object is more than a bit misleading, to say the least.
again it not though. Your trying to saying becuase capt can boucne his shield off objects that means he be superior to wolverine with a gun. But gun is not the same as his shield at all. Then entire mostion of aiming a gun and firing it are nothing like the shield. There two completely different items. It like me trying to argue that being Wolverine an expert knife thrower, that he automatically an expert with Capt shield. It faulty logic. There two completely different weapons (hell knife throwing and shield throwing have way more in common then firering a gun). There not comparable. Your using two seperate weapons that are used in two compeltely different fashions as comparable feats, when simply there not.

comparable arguement to what your making from real world stand point, would be that a kid who can bounces pingpong ball off several walls, out a window into a cup if he picked up a gun would have expert aim. See what I am getting at? There two different skill, sets and there not comparable.

King Castle
Wolverine was capable of shooting a quarter punching a single hole with two shots...iirc

back when he was just a Government agent and was required to do have pistol qual....

psycho gundam
It like trying to argue a major league pitcher being expert with firer arms, because he so accurate with his pitches. It absurd.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3208/bullseyegreatesthits2.jpg

^ he's the monkey wrench in that theory

-Pr-
Tbh, it's actually all related imo, when you consider that hand-eye-coordination plays such a huge part in each of the fields...

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by -Pr-
Tbh, it's actually all related imo, when you consider that hand-eye-coordination plays such a huge part in each of the fields...
It play such a small part. All it mean is your physical prowesses. Ones actaul skill would be learned. Sure they naturally be much more gift then any normal person, however just becuase you can bounces a shield around does not make you expert with firer arms, and certainly not better then inviidual who potrayed greta aim with firer arms and been stated number of times as being an expert with them.

However again as I stated a base ball play, ping pong bouncer, knife thrower, may have natural dexterity which gives them an edge over average individual, but that far cry from making them an expert with firer arms. It still a learned skill. Throwing a shield is not the same skill set as firering a gun, there completely two different skills.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3208/bullseyegreatesthits2.jpg

^ he's the monkey wrench in that theory
No it not. Bullseye not only trained with firer arms and has shown he an expert. He has superhuman aim period. He not comparable to capt. he can literally pick up anything and turn it into deadly weapon. Thats not the same thing. Capt not picking up friggin tooth picks, paper air planes, spit falses teeth ect. using them as deadly weapons.

Bullseye and Captain America are no way sahpe and form camaprable.

psycho gundam
only cause cap has a stance on killing n shit, the avengers aren't supposed to do that stuff. i remember him killing baron blood but that guy was a vampire. but WWII, different story.

pretty sure he knows how to use a gun being in the army and all, his personal choice to use them notwithstanding

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by psycho gundam
only cause cap has a stance on killing n shit, the avengers aren't supposed to do that stuff. i remember him killing baron blood but that guy was a vampire. but WWII, different story.

pretty sure he knows how to use a gun being in the army and all, his personal choice to use them notwithstanding
I agree he can uses them, I even seen him do it. I saying that his shield skills do not equate to his skills with guns. There not comparable.

Wolverine has in fact more occurances of using guns, he actually used them frequently as main weapons during his time in the war. Captain America though used them from time to time, his main weapon was always his shield. Wolverine has vastly more experiences with firer arms, and were his primary weapon through much of the wars he was in, as well as when he was on team x.

-Pr-
It play such a small part. All it mean is your physical prowesses. Ones actaul skill would be learned. Sure they naturally be much more gift then any normal person, however just becuase you can bounces a shield around does not make you expert with firer arms, and certainly not better then inviidual who potrayed greta aim with firer arms and been stated number of times as being an expert with them.

However again as I stated a base ball play, ping pong bouncer, knife thrower, may have natural dexterity which gives them an edge over average individual, but that far cry from making them an expert with firer arms. It still a learned skill. Throwing a shield is not the same skill set as firering a gun, there completely two different skills.

You're taking what other people said out of context. Plus, it's a lot more than a small part imo.

Warlord
Cap I think

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by -Pr-
You're taking what other people said out of context. Plus, it's a lot more than a small part imo.
No im not. There syaing Capt skill with his shield tossing transfer over to skill with firearms when it doesent. No it not, not when person next to is you physical equal. Wolverine has just as much dexterity as Capt. But he also has far more experience and actaully incidents on pannel of him using them, many times. He used them for decades as primary weapons, that not somethign capt can say.

Deadline
People just becuase you are good at throwing a shield, knife ect does not make you better with a Gun. It like trying to argue a major league pitcher being expert with firer arms, because he so accurate with his pitches. It absurd. All it help you do is timing, the whole feel and motion, is much different froma gun, The way you aim is much different as well.

Also wolverine expert with throwing knifes, but that means shit here. It who better with a gun.

I think the point they are making is that eventhough they are different shield throwing would still help and give him an edge. Dancing is different from martial arts but being a good dancer could give you an edge.

Tha C-Master
It does go together. Of course he would have to build skill in firearms as well (which he has anyways). It would still go over. Your sense of trajectory and geometric location doesn't go away because you have a gun in your hand. Cyclops, Bullseye, and Cap all have supernatural judgment of distance and space. Yes he would need a feel for a gun but he has that anyways.

It's like changing fighting styles. It wouldn't go over completely but it would help a lot if an experienced martial artist started another style and used both.

StiltmanFTW
bump

Starscream M
cap.

psycho gundam
wolverine individually shoots all the angry wasps after disturbing their nest while defeating 4 chess grandmasters simultaneously

OneDumbG0
Cap is so accurate with firearms, he can have people shoot him and maneuver the bullet ricochets where he wants perfectly. Happened in New Avengers.

I mean, seriously, he doesn't even need to directly pull the trigger. He can have someone shoot him and make it ricochet where he wants it to.

This is really no contest.

Silent Master
Wolverine is the best there is at what he does. IE, losing to Cap.

Dum Dum Dugan
yes lets all just ignore the fact wolverine on pannel has used more guns then capt and simply give capt the win becuase he accurate with his shield, which is nothing like a gun roll eyes (sarcastic)

OneDumbG0
^ I think even you must recognize that hitting a target with a bullet <<<<< hitting a target with a bullet that's been ricocheted <<<<< hitting a target with a bullet that's been ricocheted that's been fired at you by an enemy.

Dum Dum Dugan
which has zero to do with firing a gun. Deflecting a bullet at some one does not make u better with a gun. Based on ur logic DD a better shot then Punisher.

No to mention Wolverine done the same thing with objects that move as fast or faster then bullets.

OneDumbG0
^ DD would be better with a gun. Radar sense and all.

I've never seen Wolverine deflect a bullet fired at him several times into his target. Marksmanship requires a steady arm, good eyesight, control, appreciation of bullet speed, trajectory and other tangibles like wind resistance, anticipation of your target moving, etc.

Needless to say, hiting a target is easier than hitting a moving target is easier than hitting a target with a ricochet shot is easier than hitting a target with a ricochet shot that you didn't even fire.

If you disagree, that's your prerogative. For the life of me, I have no idea why.

Caps Conscience
Cap iis the SuperSoldier.

Soldiers shoot guns.

Cap wins.

Mindset
Flawless logic.

Dum Dum Dugan
I dont even know how to take u serious, u just said DD is better with a gun then the Punisher.............

So now every major league pitch is an expert with firer arms roll eyes (sarcastic)

please wolverine done the same thing with objects that move as fast /or faster then bullets

OneDumbG0
^ So with radar sense, DD wouldn't be able to perceive all the various tangibles that tend towards marksmanship better than someone without radar sense?

Let's see you answer this question: who would be the better marksman, Superman or Deadshot?

In any case, this is Wolverine vs Cap. And trying to compare Wolverine's expertise to Punisher's is lauhable. Nice phail bait thread.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Nice phail bait thread.

It wasn't my intention. Frankly, I neither dislike nor hate Cap or his fans here, why would I do that? I made this thread 'cause I wanted to see who has better feats with guns. Should have asked that in the op, but nevermind that, too late.

But if Cap is such an excellent shot, then why he couldn't just kneecap that thug (forgot the organization name, they wear black and white outfits, will check it later) instead of killing him? He felt great remorse and said it was the only way, iirc.

StiltmanFTW
Ah you were talking about the DD vs Punisher thread, nvm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.