STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION - Desecration

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peach

Peach
Arbra

This planet gives you the creeps, Galder. You do not like being underground, and all of the cities and structures here are built into the caverns that are found all over the planet. The fact that the planet is more or less abandoned doesn't help matters. Practically speaking, it's a nice thing - you don't need to worry about anyone finding you if there's no sentient life on the planet.

But still, it's eerie. And while the particular cavern that Rand had claimed as your base for the time being is large enough - perhaps it was a small village at one point? - you feel like you have little privacy while inside. And of course, there's the others around, those who you don't know well yet. You've only been working with Rand's group for a month, maybe two. You don't trust Rand. He's no leader, especially not compared to Rand.

But for the moment, his group offers you and the others a means to survive, so you deal with it.

At the moment you are outside, working on fixing a minor problem that had sprung up on your ship recently. It's completely minor and nothing that will actually have any effect on the ship being able to fly, but it gets you away from the others. For a while anyway; you are interrupted by your comlink going off.

REXXXX
Galder is tinkering with the problem- one of the landing gear is not fully extending and it is leading to lopsided landings- when his comlink goes off. For a moment, he ignores it. He's busy and the problem needs handling, especially before it gets worse when they don't have any supplies for serious repairs. When the beeping persists, he groans and gets out from under the Paladin's right wing.

"What is it?" Galder snarls into the comlink.

Peach
It is Rah, one of the two others of Kuylen's group that didn't run off on their own after Zeiton. His habit of making songs about everything could both be a source of dark amusement and annoyance.

"Rand wants you for something," he responds. "Didn't say what, but he was acting like it was important. Then again, he seems to act like everything he says is important..."

REXXXX
"He seems to think we're at his beck and call," Galder says, slightly less on edge due to it being a familiar voice on the other end of the comm. "Alright, I'll be in shortly. Tell him."

With that, Galder shuts off his comlink, then packs up his tools. He stands up and stretches his back before taking a breath of Arbra's fresh air, then walks off toward the caverns to find his cohorts.

Peach
It doesn't take you long to find Rand; he is in the large area that has been claimed as use as a common area for the group. Whenever he has something important to tell everyone else, this is where you meet; there's a large table and several chairs, as well as comfortable sofa or two on the other side of the room. There are several corridors branching off to other areas in the caverns. Everything is well-lit despite being underground.

Most of the others aren't around, though. Rah rolls his eyes, jerking his head towards Rand, as he exits the room. Rand is seated at the table facing directly across from you. Rianna is there but sitting several feet away from him, looking quite unhappy and angry. Gallador is also present, reading something, but he looks up at you when you enter.

"Ahh, Galder, nice of you to join us," Rand says, with that creepily sinister smile of his. He stands up, gesturing at a seat. "Please, sit down."

REXXXX
"I'll stand, thanks," Galder says as he enters the cavern. He does approach the table though, leaning on the edge of it. "What do you want? I was in the middle of something."

Peach
"If you so insist," Rand says, sitting back down again. He ignores your comment about having been busy. "I have a proposition for you. Something for you to do."

"I don't like this," Rianna snaps quietly, but she falls silent again when Rand glances over at her.

"It may be to your interest," Rand continues as if he hadn't been interrupted. "I have heard of something interesting from the Mecrossans."

REXXXX
"Your assassin contacts?" Galder says. "Huh. Alright, shoot. What'd they hear?"

Peach
"They brought me a mention of a planet that was once an ancient Sith stronghold. It's been uninhabited for thousands of years, however, there's a possibility that not all was destroyed there," Rand responds, taking a sip from the goblet of wine he nearly always had with him. He pauses for a moment, looking you in the eye.

"A Sith holocron. I would like for you to investigate, and if it does exist, bring it back here."

REXXXX
Galder tenses up at the mention of the Sith holocron. It has been his goal since uniting with Kuylen to learn the secrets of the Sith and become a powerful Dark Lord... but that way has been closed off, having heard nothing from Kuylen in nearly a year. Perhaps an alliance with Rand will suffice in the mean time...

"Sith holocron, eh? Curious. What planet is this wonderful contraption rumored to be hiding on and how did they hear about it?"

Peach
"The planet is called Iragez Prime, from what I understand very few know of its existence, let alone its location. Very few maps have it charted, and the few that do consider it inhospitable and not suitable for living on; there's no reason for any to visit it anymore," Rand says.

"As for how they heard, apparently a smuggler that occasionally does runs for one of their assassins heard about it and tipped them off. This smuggler's a cautious one, though; she kept the actual location to herself. You'll have to meet with her to get there."

REXXXX
"Oh good, I get to do public relations work," Galder sighs. "I guess it could be worse. What's up with Iragez Prime that it's deemed inhospitable? Who is this smuggler and where am I meeting her?

Galder looks over at Rianna.

"And why don't you like this?"

Peach
"Iragez was known for fairly heavy volcanic activity. A few thousand years ago, enough eruptions happened at once to more or less wipe out all life on the planet. The planet is largely dormant now, but still, nothing lives there," Rand responds. "The smuggler is a Twi'lek by the name of Taizan'alee. You'll be meeting her on Mos Eisley."

Rianna glares at Rand when you ask her that, before sighing herself. "He wants me to go along with you."

"Just in case, you understand. It's always better to have two people than just one," Rand says.

REXXXX
"Ah, Tatooine," Galder says. "My old stomping grounds. That'll be fun."

Does Galder know who the smuggler is by any chance?

"And of course. Don't want me disappearing on an uncharted planet, do you?"

He probaby wouldn't mind, Galder thinks to himself.

Peach
The name isn't familiar to you at all. Whoever this smuggler is, she's certainly not one of the big-name ones. Probably just another small-timer that's a dime a dozen.

"Indeed. You likely won't be there for too long, though. Iragez is not too far from Tatooine, supposedly about midway between there and Rishi," Rand responds, leaning back in his chair. "And you disappearing would do no one any good, Galder. We don't know what could be there, and I would rather be safe than sorry, wouldn't you?"

Rianna simply makes a quiet sound of disgust.

REXXXX
"Sure, whatever. When do we leave?"

Peach
"Make whatever preparations you want to tonight, so long as you are ready to leave in the morning. Is there anything else you may need?"

REXXXX
Not from you, Galder thinks.

"I'll be fine," Galder says. "I can handle the prep myself. Just make sure that smuggler will be there. Rianna, do what you need to do. We'll be leaving early."

Galder will take his leave to go do some preparations, then. He keeps most of his weapons in his ship- he generally just keeps his lightsabers on him, and then the knife and blaster in his robotic arm. Could he maybe put some stuff together for light armor or molotov cocktails?

He'll also put in a call to Rura Ta, telling me to meet them on Tatooine.

Peach
Galder leaves then, with Rianna still glaring at Rand and Gallador watching everything from where he had been reading.

You doubt that there's the materials around for armor, but you're pretty sure that you can at least toss together a couple of small explosives of that sort. Nothing that'll be too terribly destructive, but certainly good for distractions and some general mayhem, if needed.

Rura doesn't answer, but he's generally good at getting your messages.

Is there anything else in particular that you want to do tonight?

Also, would you like to use any predictive powers?

REXXXX
Hmm...

Galder is going to ask Rand if the Mecrossans could maybe lend him one of those stealthy probes that they use.

Other than that... Galder's going to meditate and use Dreams to see if he can sneak any peeks at what he is getting himself into by following Rand's orders.

Peach
Rand says that even if they were willing to do so, there isn't the time to get one from them. You get the feeling that he's just not willing to share anything like that with you.

With that, you retreat to the room that you've claimed to be your own, and sit down to meditate. You are not surprised when you don't see anything at first, though it can be mildly frustrating. When you drift off to sleep, though...

--

Everything is wrong. The feeling of death - it's overwhelming, choking you. No matter where you go, it's all you can feel. Death. Darkness. Wrong.

You are alone. Abandoned in this wasteland, with no options but to press on. You continue, walking across a cold plain of ash and stone.

Lightsabers clash. The sky is red, burning, on fire. You are suddenly in a dense jungle on a plateau, but all around you, fire is raining down, setting the forest alight. The death shrieks of living things surround you. At first, it is not bothersome. You deal in death yourself. You are used to such a thing.

But all around you, there are larger pockets of sudden death. You run through the burning forest towards the fortress you can see. It's not far now. As you get closer, though, you feel colder. This confuses you, but the closer you get, the colder it becomes.

You reach the fortress, and lay your hand upon the door...

The feeling of death, of evil, is overwhelming. With a flash, the burning forests and fire falling from the sky, thrown up from the mountains, are gone, and all that is left is a cold rocky wasteland. But the sense of darkness, of wrongness, the icyness that grips your heart, does not leave you.

You can sense others, suddenly. But you also sense their madness. You still press on, forcing yourself to enter the fortress. You think you see what it was you were looking for. Before you can reach it, though, it explodes with a flash of red light, and you can see no more...

--

You jolt awake, breathing fast. It's the middle of the night.

REXXXX
Galder shakes himself once he awakes, realizing that he has had a vision. And not a good one.

"If only I could consult Kuylen," he mutters to himself before getting up to take a walk. He thinks about taking this to Rand for the briefest second, then thinks better of it; he has someone far more powerful in his corner.

Can Galder try talking to Takuan about his vision?

Peach
It seems that most everyone is asleep; you can sense someone outside but your sense aren't finely tuned enough to tell who it is. Just that it's one of Rand's group.

Luck or the Force are on your side, though, and Takuan is awake and in the common room. He seems to be meditating lightly, but snaps out of it when you approach.

"Galder. What are you doing awake?"

REXXXX
"I had a vision," Galder explains. "I thought you could help me interpret it since it's not something I'm used to."

Galder will relay what he knows to the more powerful, older man.

Peach
Takuan frowns slightly as you explain what you saw.

"It sounds like you're seeing bits of what had happened in the past. There is a possibility that the disaster that scoured the planet before was not entirely natural. I would be careful," he says. He pauses for a moment. "Rand isn't sending you on this alone, is he?"

REXXXX
"No. Which makes me worried about that part where I'm walking alone in the wasteland. Rand is sending Rianna with me. We're also meeting a smuggler and I called up Rura."

Peach
"Yes, that is worrisome...it could mean nothing, but the Force rarely gives visions that are meaningless. Be on your guard, Galder. There's more to this than we know, it seems."

REXXXX
"Yeah, I'm sure. Thanks Takuan."

Galder will head out to see who is up to no good outside the caverns, worrying that one of Rand's flunkies have decided to mess with his ship. He has a theory that one of them has been messing with it in secret.

Peach
When you step outside, you can see that there's no one near your ship.

However, a figure drops down off of a small cliff over the cavern entrance with a flash of purple.

"Oh. It's you," the person says. Between the purple lightsaber and the quiet Coruscanti accent, you recognize Rianna immediately.

REXXXX
Galder turns and slips one of his lightsabers out of its compartment in his arm, the red blade cutting through the dark of Arbra's night when Rianna startles him. He doesn't put it away when he realizes who it is.

"Yes, me," Galder says in his gruff Outer Rim accent. "What are you doing?"

Peach
"What I always do," she simply replies. She also keeps her lightsaber out and lit, but held away from you. "I don't sleep much, and I much prefer it out here to inside. What are you doing?"

REXXXX
"Sensed someone out here, thought maybe someone was messing with my ship," Galder explains. He neglects to mention the vision. "Did you do any prep for the misson?"

Peach
"Why would I mess with your ship?" Rianna asks, making a face at you. She goes to sit on a small rock outcropping. "What prep could I need to do? I know nothing of this place and Rand hasn't told me anymore than he told you."

REXXXX
"Hmph, alright, suit yourself," Galder says. "It always pays to be prepared. I gathered supplies for molotov cocktails and put in a call to an ally."

Peach
"I don't have any allies or contacts," she says, shrugging. "I don't use anything but my lightsaber. Just...I really don't trust Rand."

REXXXX
"Me neither. He's manipulative and creepy. Hence my preparations. I don't want to be unprepared for anything that he may be throwng us into."

Peach
"You don't even know the half of it..." Rianna says. She stands up and puts away her lightsaber. "I'm going to try and sleep. See you in the morning."

And with that, she disappears inside, and you're alone again. Anything else you want to do right now?

REXXXX
Galder watches her go, then decides that he is just going to sleep in his ship. He pops the hatch and climbs in, deactivating his lightsaber and squirreling it away in his arm.

Peach
Comfy.

With that, you wake up not long after sunrise, with the sun shining in your eyes, small birds singing in the trees, and a bit of a cramp in your neck from the position you were sleeping in. No more dreams or visions haunted your sleep.

There's a response from Rura, saying that he'll be waiting for you on Tatooine.

REXXXX
"Excellent," Galder comments on the reply. "Somehow I think I'll need the firepower..."

Galder will venture into the cave to grab some of their rations for breakfast and to tuck some away in his ship, but mainly so he can comm Rianna and get her up.

Peach
Your attempt at comming Rianna gets you an angry growl in response; as you enter the cavern, she stalks outside past you. You just shrug and gather up what you need from inside. No one else is in sight; if they're awake, they're not in any of the common areas.

When you head back outside, she's standing in front of the ship, glaring sourly. "Let's just go," she snaps, crossing her arms.

REXXXX
"Yes m'am," he says simply before hopping into the cockpit ahead of her. He tosses the rations in the back before she gets in.

Peach
Rianna jumps up lightly after you, settling herself in.

"Good thing that it'll only take a few days to get there..." she comments, looking around your ship.

REXXXX
"Yeah yeah," Galder says. "It's cramped, sorry I don't fly a fat-ass freighter. I chose a starfighter for a reason."

Galder will power up the ship and get it ready for take-off.

Peach
She just rolls her eyes at you in response.

It takes little time for your ship to be ready to take off, and once it is, you waste no time in leaving Arbra. The trip itself goes as smoothly as could be expected; it takes a few days, which are mostly spent with you and Rianna either bickering with each other, ignoring each other, or sleeping. Or trying to sleep, as the case may be. She seems a bit uneasy, but refuses to say anything.

Security at Mos Eisley is as lax as ever when you arrive at the planet, no one questions the name you get and you are assigned a bay at the starport with a tone of complete indifference.

As you land, you notice someone in the docking bay, leaning against the wall by the exit.

REXXXX
Galder will power down the ship and open the canopy once it is settled into Docking Bay 89.

"Can I help you?" Galder asks the figure by the exit, ready to snap out his blaster at a moment's notice.

Peach
You recognize the tall Kaminoan immediately, as he pushes himself off of the wall he was leaning on.

"And I thought you wanted me here," Rura replies in a joking tone, adjusting the large rifle slung across his back.

REXXXX
"Ah, Rura," Galder says. "I most certainly do. Let's get going, we have work to do. Come along, Rianna, time to meet our contact..."

Galder does not hesitate to get going; he locks the ship remotely with a button on his cybernetic arm.

Peach
Rianna stretches as she hops down from the ship. "Rand said she's going to be in the Krayt Cantina. Hopefully you know where that is."

REXXXX
"I'm sure we can find it," Galder says. "Krayt is a horribly overused name for a cantina here. Come on, let's go..."

Galder will try a Savoir-Faire pitch for trying to find this place.

Peach
It's been a few years since you've last been on Tatooine, but you remember pretty quickly where this particular cantina should be located. It's not far - a ten minute walk, tops.

Or what would be a ten minute walk, were you not just stopped by a small group stepping out in front of you, blocking your way.

"Great..." Rianna mutters.

REXXXX
Galder stops walking when the group gets in his way, then takes a step further to put himself between his somewhat friends and his potential foes.

"Excuse us," Galder says, simply.

Peach
"Excuse you indeed, walking around like you own this street..." one of the group mutters. The one that is apparently the leader glares at him and he shuts up, but you recognize the type immediately - petty thugs, probably some street gang.

"Pardon my...friend there," the leader says, with fake politeness. "If you would be so kind as to hand over anything valuable you might be carrying, though, we'll allow you to pass unharmed."

REXXXX
"Oh, well, why didn't you say so?" Galder asks. "Here, I've got just the thing..."

Galder retrieves the lightsaber from its hiding place in his arm and holds it out to the leader.

"Antique Jedi weapon," he explains. "Very valuable!"

Peach
"What are you doing?" Rianna hisses from behind you, hand going to her own lightsaber. Rura just looks at you strangely.

"Oh, valuable indeed..." the lead thug says, reaching out to grab it greedily.

There's about a dozen of them in front of you, and while you do this, another half-dozen have blocked off the street behind you.

REXXXX
Galder lets the leade take the lightsaber out of his hand, then pops the blaster out of his forearm while his enemies are distracted.

"Yes, moreso than your lives," Galder says, dropping the act and shooting crazily into the thugs in front him (excluding the leader; he goes last).

Gunslinger, Carnival of Carnage, and Balanced Guard in, please.

Peach
No one was expecting this - the leader grabs the lightsaber away, but just stares as you pop the blaster out of your forearm. As soon as you start to snap your blaster out, though, Rianna kicks at one of the thugs behind you, and Rura draws his rifle. None of you expect this to take long.

--

FAILED THEFT ATTEMPT, Start of Turn 1

Galder (G7): 1/0 (5F)

Rianna (C11): 2 (1A)/0 (6F)

Rura (G10): 1/0 (2F)

Thug Leader (G7):

Thugs x6 (G5) (in front)

Thugs x6 (C5) (in front)

Thugs x3 (G5) (behind)

Thugs x3 (C5) (behind)

--

So, then, you make your attacks - initiative is obviously yours. Galder's first shot isn't as precise as you'd like it to be, but thanks to Gunslinger and your heavy blaster, it still takes out the target. The second attack is a very clear kill. Rianna easily smashes down her target with a swift kick to the face. Then Rura opens fire, killing his target easily.

The thugs spend this turn hurriedly drawing their weapons and do not attack.

--

Galder (G7): 1/0 (5F)

Rianna (C11): 2 (1A)/0 (6F)

Rura (G10): 1/0 (2F)

Thug Leader (G7):

Thugs x4 (G5) (in front)

Thugs x5 (C5) (in front)

Thugs x3 (G5) (behind)

Thugs x2 (C5) (behind)

--

REXXXX
Galder stands his ground and laughs as he keeps pumping shots into the thugs, blowing them down before they can respond to his surprise attack.

Tap Carnival of Carnage.

Peach
Galder goes nuts, targeting four mooks in a row. He gets an easy four kills with his tap, clearing half of the thugs still remaining in front of them. Rura fires as well, blowing away yet another. And Rianna continues her unarmed violence, smashing one in the chest with her fist.

And now they get to attack! As there are no gunners left in front of you, besides the Leader, they move in to attack. Galder's proven to be the most deadly so far with his murderous display, and so the Leader fires on him. He also gets three thug attacks on him. The thug leader actually gets a fairly solid hit, but the remaining ones don't do so well. Rura gets two attacks on him, but with his armor it's hopeless. The remaining three go for Rianna; her defenses make it so only a single point of damage gets through.

--

FAILED THEFT ATTEMPT, End of Turn 2

Galder (G7): 1/6 CC GS BGu] (5F)

Rianna (C11): 2 (1A)/1 (6F)

Rura (G10): 1(2A)/0 (2F)

Thug Leader (G7):

Thugs x4 (C5) (in front)

Thugs x3 (G5) (behind)

Thugs x1 (C5) (behind)

REXXXX
Swap Carnival for Cleave.

Galder smirks then snaps out his hand, tearing the 'stolen' lightsaber out of the leader's hand and into his own. Galder puts a spin on it and turns it on as it comes back, cutting down two of the thugs trying to hit him. He then catches it and brandishes it against the remaining thug (who, if he misses his attack, will find an arm missing).

Peach
Thieves actually get initiative! They're pretty quickly realizing this is incredibly hopeless, but are brave (or stupid) enough to not want to go down without a fight. They keep on the same targets as they had before; the leader only gets a glancing hit on Galder, but one of the mooks manages to roll four 6s for a solid hit. Still, being unarmed, it doesn't do much. Rura gets hit, but only lightly; he just shrugs it off. Rianna is completely missed, easily ducking their attacks.

Then your turn! The Leader is again surprised, this time to find the lightsaber leaving his hand and leaping into your own. Both thugs are quickly sliced in two. Rura cackles at you as he decides to open fire on the mooks behind you; 10,000 Bolts actually nets him a second kill. Rianna decides to not follow your example, keeping her lightsaber hidden, but still easily downs her target.

--

FAILED THEFT ATTEMPT, End of Turn 3

Galder (LS12): 1 (2A)/13 CC BL FG] (5F)

Rura (G10): 1 (2A)/4 (2F)

Thug Leader (G7):

Thugs x2 (C5) (in front)

Thugs x1 (G5) (behind)

REXXXX
Swap Gunslinger out for Block, give me +1 Defense for it.

Galder clears the way on to the leader with one fell swoop of his lightsaber, killing the thugs trying to get at him.

"Want to try shooting me again?" Galder asks.

Peach
You win initiative.

Two easy kills for Galder, as should go without saying. Rura decides to not attack, instead aiming his rifle at the leader. Rianna snaps the neck of the remaining thug, before turning back around.

"I..." the leader says, not able to come up with anything that isn't gibberish. In a last ditch attempt, he fires at you, tapping Gunslinger. It's only a glancing hit for two damage, though.

--

FAILED THEFT ATTEMPT, End of Turn 4

Galder (LS12): 2 (2A)/15 (5F)

Thug Leader (G7): GS]

REXXXX
Swap Balanced Guard for Forward Guard. Tap Forward Guard.

Galder bats the glancing blow away harmlessly before tossing his lightsaber down at the thug leader's feet.

"Go on," Galder says. "Have it then. Last man standing, brave enough to try shooting me. I admire it. Here's your reward."

If the leader takes the bait, Galder will wait until he is holding it to use the Force to turn it on, skewering him. If he doesn't, then Galder slips out his second lightsaber and lays into him.

"Your eternal reward," Galder snarls as the leader of the gang dies in the street, like the rest of his thugs.

Peach
The leader is a bit smarter this time, and doesn't pick up your lightsaber.

"No, that's okay, really, I don't want it..." he starts babbling, trying to back away.

He doesn't make it more than a step before your other lightsaber swiftly removes his head, and he becomes nothing more than just another corpse that no one will care about.

"Why do they ever even bother..." Rianna says. Rura simply slings his rifle back over his back.

REXXXX
Galder calls his dropped lightsaber to his hand and puts away both lightabers; one on his belt, the other in his arm. He briefly examines the leader's pistol, then decides it unimportant. Galder stomps on it, breaking the battery.

"Well, that was fun," Galder says. "Let's get to the cantina before anyone else tries to make us clean up."

Can Galder patch himself up a bit?

Peach
Sure thing, though since you are currently out and about and on the move I'm going to rule that you can only apply your Medicine rating once, removing 5 damage.

No one harasses you as you finish your walk to the cantina; in fact you get the distinct feeling that people are hiding from you. The Krayt Cantina is just like a dozen others on Tatooine and thousands of others around the galaxy; dark, dingy, and loud, with an ever-present cloud of smoke, which causes Rianna to cough.

REXXXX
Better than nothing.

Galder steps out of Tatooine's intense dry heat and into the cool dampness that seems to come with every cantina he has ever been in.

"Oh, what's the matter?" Galder asks. "Is the smoke bothering you?"

Galder will announce his arrival by producing a cigarette of his own and using his lightsaber to light it before stepping further into the cantina, looking for his Twi'lek contact.

Peach
"Yes," Rianna says, glaring at you as you pull out a cigarette of your own.

Igniting your lightsaber has the effect of bringing everyone's attention instantly to you. Everyone, except for one person. A gray-skinned female Twi'lek, dressed in a dark leather jacket and strips of cloth wrapped around her lekku. She simply glances up at you for a moment before returning her attention to the drink in front of her.

REXXXX
"There you are," Galder says, putting the lightsaber away. He goes meandering toward the Twi'lek's booth, quite sure that she's who he has come to meet. He slides into the booth opposite of her, motioning for Rura to watch the door and for Rianna to join him.

"So," Galder says. "Taizan'alee?"

Peach
Rura gives you a mock salute before taking a table near the door, where he can keep watch on both that and the rest of the cantina. Heads quickly go down and people hurriedly go back to what they were doing before as you walk past, but you can feel a sense of fear pervading the room.

"Who's asking?" the Twi'lek responds, knocking back the rest of her drink before setting down the cup. Rianna scans the room before taking a seat next to you.

REXXXX
"Nume Rand," Galder says, extending his robotic left arm rudely in greeting.

Peach
"So you're the one that the Mecrossans told, eh?" she responds, looking down at your hand and choosing to ignore it. "I don't know...the pair of you aren't exactly what I was expecting."

She goes to take another drink from the cup of her, cursing quietly when there's nothing left in it.

REXXXX
"We never are," Galder says. "Here, let me get you a drink."

Galder turns to Rianna.

"Go get our friend here a Flaming Wookiee, on the rocks, with a kick of Jawa juice. Pretty please?"

Peach
"...excuse me? Just who do you think you are?" Rianna snaps, glaring at you. Taizan'alee laughs.

"Your girl's feisty, I see," she comments, and Rianna turns her glare in the Twi'lek's direction.

"I am not..." Rianna hisses, but is cut off by the smuggler.

"Nah, don't worry about it. Don't like the Jawa juice anyway." She whistles, and a moment later the bartender brings her another drink. "I'm here so often, they know exactly what I want and when I want it. Anyway. Call me Taiza."

REXXXX
"Taiza, alright," Galder says. "Let's talk business. You know where Iragez Prime is."

Peach
"Indeed I do, and I hope you don't expect me to tell you where I got that information from," she says, leaning back. "Or to tell you where it is."

REXXXX
"Is that so? Because that's exactly what I am curious about, oddly enough."

Peach
"Yeah? Well, you'll have to remain curious. It's not a secret I plan to give up."

REXXXX
Galder frowns.

"What is your price, Taiza? Why so protective of something you have no use for?"

Peach
"Information is power. You deal with the Mecrossans, you should know that," she says, gulping down her drink.

"I may be willing to take you there, however..."

REXXXX
"That I am good with," Galder says.

Peach
"I understand you're going there looking for some specific item," Taiza says. "I have two conditions. The first is that we take my ship. The second is that I get my pick of whatever other treasures we find there."

She sets her glass down.

"By the way, drop the act. I know who you are, Starkiller."

Rianna tries to hide a laugh, but fails.

REXXXX
"Fair enough," Galder says. "I see my reputation precedes me, as the saying goes. And fair enough. I don't have any use for trinkets."

Peach
"Well, that was settled easily enough." Taiza responds. "Got anything else you need to do? I'm kinda wanting to get away from this dirtball planet for a bit anyway."

REXXXX
"Nope. Just keep in mind that if you do anything to upset me... just don't. Don't do it. Got room for three on your ship?"

Peach
"Room for that and more, it's no tiny starfighter or anything of that sort." She doesn't respond to your implied threat.

REXXXX
"Bulk freighter? Largish ship? Battlecruiser?" Galder asks as he gets up to leave.

Peach
"A B-7 light freight, the Fortune's Dancer," Taiza says as she also stands. "Not huge, but it serves me well."

The three of you make your way to the front of the cantina, Taiza pausing for a moment to flip a coin to the bartender. Rura leaves his table and joins you as you exit.

"Saw nothing weird over here," he says.

"I don't know...something feels off," Rianna responds. Taiza gives her a weird look.

REXXXX
Galder will open his Senses, channeling his anger to boost his powers, as Kuylen always taught.

Peach
You sense anger, fear, and a threat of violence. You cannot tell from where, though.

"The starport," Rianna states. She doesn't seem entirely sure, but you do know that her senses are a bit more finely tuned than yours.

"What do you mean, the starport?" Taiza asks.

REXXXX
"Yeah, explain," Galder says. "Something wrong, there?"

Peach
"Just how many people on this planet have you angered, Galder?" Rianna says, annoyed. "There's an ambush waiting for us."

"Ahh," Taiza says, drawing a twin pair of light pistols. "I wasn't looking forward to fighting for you..."

"I mean, seriously. And I'm sure you pulling your lightsaber out in the cantina didn't help matters much...was it really necessary to advertise yourself like that?" Rianna continues.

Rura, meanwhile, is checking to make sure that his weapons are within easy reach.

REXXXX
Galder sighs.

"You think the Galaxy would know by now not to cross me," Galder says. "Fine. Rura, get the rocket launcher ready. Rianna, can you figure out where the ambush is? What do you see?"

Peach
"My powers aren't that precise..." Rianna replies grouchily. "No sense of danger, but...more than we fought earlier, and stronger, I think."

REXXXX
"Hmm. As if that matters to me. We can handle it."

Peach
Rianna simply shrugs.

As you approach the starport, you see someone waiting for you. Well, several someones. And you sense that there are more nearby.

The one that's clearly the leader steps forward, crossing his arms. "So the rumors are true, Galder Starkiller is here." He looks much tougher than the ones you faced earlier.

"Zayn, go away, we haven't got the time for this," Taiza says, exasperated.

"You're getting yourself mixed up in some big trouble here," Zayn responds. "Might want to just go back to that cantina you spend so much time keeping afloat."

REXXXX
"Who is this guy?" Galder asks Taiza. "And why is he in my way?"

Peach
"Typical scum you find laying around Mos Eisley if you look hard enough," she replies, holding both of her blasters casually.

"Now now, that's not very nice. Mercenary and occasional bounty hunter, here. And last I heard, you fetch a nice amount of money..." Zayn replies, pulling out a heavy blaster a bit larger than the one that Galder carries. He has a second one still holstered. "And I'd rather like that money."

"Good luck with that," Rianna says.

REXXXX
"I'll remind you that there is a reason the bounty on me has yet to be collected," Galder says, popping out his own blaster. "Walk away now or you'll regret it, pal."

GS CC BGu again.

Peach
"Hey, someone's got to get lucky..." Zayn says with a grin. "Maybe today's the day yours runs out."

--

STARPORT AMBUSH

Galder (G7): 1/10 (5F)

Taiza (G11): 1 (1P)/0 (1F)

Zayn (G9): 1/0

Mercenary A: (G7)

Mercenary B: (G7)

Mercenary C: (G7)

Mercenary D: (G7)

Thugs x6 (G5) (left)

Thugs x6 (G5) (right)

Thugs x6 (G5) (behind)

--

Feel free to make your first move.

REXXXX
"There's no such thing as luck," Galder says, before throwing himself into some cover. He blasts at the thugs on the left as he goes toward them, tapping Carnival of Carnage to initiate this massacre.

Peach
And the dice say...initiative is yours!

Galder wastes no time in causing mayhem - four shots is four dead mooks, thanks to Gunslinger. Bam! Rura opens up with his rifle, 10,000 Bolts getting him a second kill and finishing off that group. Taiza lets off a series of shots from her twin pistols, killing a mook that's behind them. And Rianna, being the odd one out amongst all of these gun nuts, kicks another in the face, promptly dropping him.

Now, their turn. Fifteen attackers and four targets. Four attackers on each, except for Taiza, who only gets three; Zayn targets Galder, drawing his second gun. Ouch; your lack of defenses now means that you take a total of 16 damage that round. Twin heavy blasters are painful. Rianna's armor doesn't work against the Mercenary attacking her, and one of the thugs manages to roll extremely well, getting all successes. Rura only suffers a few glancing hits, thanks to his armor; nothing he can't shrug off. Taiza also is only hit lightly, and she laughs mockingly as they fire at her.

There's not really much in the way of cover that you can see here, btw, short of hiding behind a building.

--

STARPORT AMBUSH - End of Turn 1

Galder (G7): 1/26 CC GS BGu] (5F)

Rianna (C11): 2 (1A)/12 (6F)

Rura (G10): 1 (2A)/9 (2F)

Taiza (G11): 1 (1P)/5 (1F)

Mercenary A: (G7) (Rianna)

Mercenary B: (G7) (Galder)

Mercenary C: (G7) (Rura)

Mercenary D: (G7) (Taiza)

Thugs x6 (G5) (right)

Thugs x4 (G5) (behind)

REXXXX
Swap Carnival out for Cleave.

Galder switches very quickly to his lightsaber, the blaster retracting into his arm as the red-bladed weapon slides out of its compartment. Using the gyros in his mechanical hand to rotate it rapidly and deflect incoming bolts, he takes a moment to reassess his situation.

Use Coordination.

Peach
Initiative is again yours.

Galder quickly swaps weapons, but does not attack; his flashy moves with his lightsaber do get a comment of "Hey, nice," from Taiza, though. Rianna decides to follow your example, quickly drawing and activating both of her lightsabers. She easily cleaves her way through two mooks. Rura takes down a mook, but misses entirely on his second shot. Taiza quickly guns down a second.

Then, they fire back. Galder proves himself difficult to hit, since Coordination means that only a 6 can hit him, along with the armor from Balanced Guard. Rianna definitely came off unlucky this turn, though, taking a total of 11 damage. Rura seems to be equally unlucky with all of his attackers managing to hit him this time. Even Taiza doesn't get away unscathed this time, taking a couple of glancing hits.

--

STARPORT AMBUSH - End of Turn 2

Galder (LS12): 1 (2A)/31 CC BL] (5F)

Rianna (LS10): 1/22 (6F)

Rura (G10): 1 (2A)/17 (2F)

Taiza (G11): 1 (1P)/13 (1F)

Thugs x4 (G5) (right)

Thugs x2 (G5) (behind)

REXXXX
Swap Gunslinger out for Block (use as Defense), and Galder starts cleaving into mooks alongside Rianna, using broad strokes with his right-hand blade while using his left to deflect. Tap Cleave after that.

Peach
Unfortunately for you, they get initiative!

Zayn taps BGB against Galder...ouch. That was one hell of a painful attack, as he manages to hit your shoulder with a blaster bolt, dealing a total of 12 damage. And that was with him rolling a 1 each attack. Luckily the other attacks on him just were glancing hits. Rianna swaps in Orthodox Guard, but even though her defenses they manage to get decent hits on her. Rura is lucky, only taking three damage in total, one mook missing entirely. Taiza also gets a solid attack on her, much to her displeasure.

And now you go. Galder gets his two kills without even trying, with a whopping eight successes. His Cleave tap will all but guarantee that he'll be safe from the mooks the remainder of the fight. Rianna also happily Cleaves down a pair of mooks, finishing off the group that was behind you. Rura and Taiza finish off the rest of the mooks.

--

STARPORT AMBUSH - End of Turn 3

Galder (LS12): 2 (2A)/48 CL BGu BL] (5F) (8 protection from Cleave from mook attacks)

Rianna (LS11): 3/31 (6F)

Rura (G10): 1 (2A)/21 (2F)

Taiza (G11): 1 (1P)/20 (1F)

Zayn (G9): 1/0 BGB EE GS]

REXXXX
Galder will tap Balanced Guard and charge down Zayn with a roar.

Peach
And this turn you win initiative; the fight is starting to wind down.

Galder runs at Zayn with a roar, dealing a total of 13 damage. Rianna twirls her lightsaber around her briefly before attacking the mercenary that's been shooting at her, bringing in Perfect Strike; a total of nine successes rolled means that the mercenary is nice and dead. Rura taps 10,000 Bolts, coming just short of killing his target. Taiza also makes a tap, but in her case it was BGB; she just barely manages to kill off her mercenary.

Zayn is fairly desperate and taps both Eagle Eye and Gunslinger against Galder. Galder's tap of Balanced Guard makes this more or less a waste, though. One of the remaining mercenaries decides to switch targets and attack Rianna, also tapping BGB; he manages to deal 11 damage in total. The last mercenary taps Gunslinger against Rura but rolled no 1s so it was a bit of a waste.

--

STARPORT AMBUSH - End of Turn 4

Galder (LS11): 2/50 CL BGu BL] (5F)

Rianna (LS13): 3/42 (6F)

Rura (G10): 1 (2A)/28 10B] (2F)

Taiza (G11): 1 (1P)/20 (1F)

Zayn (G9): 1/13 BGB EE GS]

Mercenary B: (G7) BGB] (Rianna)

Mercenary C: (G7) 14 GS] (Rura)

REXXXX
Swap out Balanced Guard, bring in Forward Guard, tap it and Block.

"Told you luck didn't exist," Galder snarls as he begins hacking away at defenseless Zayn, using the rapid rotation of his red blade to chop one arm into segments before bringing the blue across to swipe Zayn in half.

Peach
And with that, it's all over. Rura and Taiza are able to easily finish the remaining two mercenaries, and between your attack and Rianna tapping Orthodox Guard against Zayn (and rolling a lot of ones and twos), the mercenary and sometimes bounty hunter learns why it is that no one has ever collected your bounty. Unfortunately, it's just one of those lessons that tends to be learned with a lightsaber or two (or four) stabbed through them.

"The Hutts liked him, for some reason," Taiza says, looking at the carnage all around. "Urgh. Let's get off this planet before anyone comes and investigates."

"Yes, and maybe we can make it to the ship this time without angering anyone else..." Rianna says, limping slightly; the last attack on her managed to hit her pretty solidly in the leg.

"You can patch up on the ship," Taiza says, already walking away.

REXXXX
"Good," Galder says. "We'll need to, where we're going."

Galder puts away his lightsabers and follows Taiza.

"You alright?" Galder asks Rianna.

Peach
"I'll be fine, once I can get this patched up..." Rianna replies, tucking her lightsabers away.

Taiza leads the three of you to her ship, the docking bay only a few over from where your own ship is parked. It's a B-7 light freighter, a little on the banged-up side, but still in decent shape.

"I know, she's got some wear, but still, flies perfectly fine," Taiza says, pulling out a small remote and lowering the ramp.

The inside of the ship is small, but not quite cramped. There is a common area with storage cabinets built into one wall and several bunks built into the one opposite, a tiny comms room, and the cockpit. Below everything is the small cargo hold and engine rooms.

"There are medical supplies in the cabinets, help yourselves," she says, before heading into the cockpit to prepare the ship for takeoff.

REXXXX
Galder will grab some medical supplies and situate himself on a bunk, going to work treating his blaster burns and minor scratches from earlier.

"Well, that was fun," Galder says. "The sooner I'm away from this rock, the better. Not the sort of homecoming I appreciated."

Peach
Rianna does the same, seating herself on a sofa and patching up the minor injuries that she sustained from the fighting. Rura decides that he'll be fine with just rest, though he does claim a bunk by putting his rifle and rocket launcher on one.

"You have a strange idea of fun," Rianna replies. "Do you attract this sort of trouble anytime you go somewhere?"

--

Since it'll be a few days from here to Iragez, I'm going to say that by the time the ship arrives, everyone will have had enough rest to be fully healed.

REXXXX
Excellent.

"It comes with having a reputation," Galder says. "Having 'the Massacre of Malastare' associated with your name does that. And that wasn't even one of my better fights..."

Peach
"Great. So we can expect this sort of thing anytime we go anywhere..." Rianna mutters.

"We'll be taking off in a minute," Taiza calls from the cockpit.

Rianna stands up; she seems nervous and uneasy. "I need to do something..." she says, before heading to the comms room.

REXXXX
Galder frowns when Rianna scampers off to the comms room and decides to follow.

"What is it you need to do?" Galde asks.

Peach
Rianna turns around to face you when you follow her in, hiding what she had started typing.

"I don't want to do this..." she says.

REXXXX
Galder pops out his blaster and aims it at Rianna's head.

"Let me see what you're writing or your brains go all over the comm unit," Galder snaps. "I'm in better shape than you are after that fight out there. Don't try me."

Peach
She winces and takes a step back.

"Rand wanted me to report on your actions...to spy on you," she replies, glaring at you. "That's why he wanted me to come along. I wanted no part of this."

REXXXX
Galder laughs and puts away the gun.

"Alright," Galder says. "You're going to be a good little Padawan and do as the Master says? Fine. Get out of the way, I'm writing the report."

Peach
She goes pale; you've obviously hit a sore spot there.

"Do you think I want to do anything he says?" she snaps back. She doesn't move at all.

REXXXX
"No," Galder says. "Now move over."

Peach
"No," Rianna states. "I don't want to do any of this, but I'm not going to just step aside because you say so. He's nearly killed me enough times, I'd rather not add another instance to the list."

REXXXX
"HAH! Listen, I don't fear the old squid. You shouldn't either. He's no much for me."

Peach
"I wish it were just that simple..."

She moves away, though, leaning against the wall in the tiny room.

REXXXX
Galder will send a report back to Rand that says, in essence, that Galder was killed by bounty hunters on Tatooine, so Rianna is going on alone.

Peach
Rianna raises an eyebrow.

"Do you really think he'll believe that?"

REXXXX
"No," Galder says before going off to the bunk to sleep as the ship takes off.

Peach
Rianna watches as Galder leaves, before sending a short message of her own.

--

It's a few days before the ship will arrive on Iragez, is there anything in particular that you want to do in that time?

REXXXX
Not really... Galder doesn't know anything about Iragez, right?

Peach
Galder doesn't. Someone else might have some information, though.

REXXXX
Taiza isn't going to talk, does Rianna know anything? Or Rura?

Peach
Taiza won't share the actual coordinates, but she may be willing to share what she does know about the planet itself, if you ask.

REXXXX
Galder will ask her what she knows about Iragez Prime, then.

Peach
She tells you that at one point - thousands of years before - the planet had been a lush jungle planet, dotted with many active volcanoes. There also had supposedly been some sort of Sith stronghold there. Obviously she doesn't know what they were up to there; no one knows, but rumor has it there were some pretty heavy-duty experiments going on. All life on the planet was wiped out when several of the volcanoes erupted at once.

No one really goes there, and the few people who know where it is tend to avoid it, because there are rumors it's haunted.

REXXXX
"Haunted? Any truth to those rumors that you know of? Any stories?"

Peach
"Well, like I said, most people avoid it. Every so often you might hear of some adventurous treasure hunter deciding to see what they can find, but they either vanish or go mad."

REXXXX
"Hmm, fun. Think that you'll avoid that fate?"

Peach
"Well, I must be slightly mad already for being willing to take you there, so...probably can't get much worse."

"It can always get worse..." Rianna says, having joined you at some point in the conversation. "And I have a bad feeling about this."

REXXXX
Does Galder share that feeling?

Peach
You feel...that something is off. You don't know what, but you definitely feel that there's something wrong.

REXXXX
Galder shakes his head.

"I can't pin it, but you're right," Galder says. "But it doesn't matter."

Peach
"I think it may matter very much..." Rianna mutters. "And even if we do find anything there...do you really think we should bring it back to Rand?"

REXXXX
"No, but I wouldn't mind having it," Galder says. "My Master always strove for artifacts like this one."

Peach
"If it exists. I think it might be better being destroyed if we find it. I don't trust Rand with any item that could contain any power."

REXXXX
"I'll let you destroy it if it turns out to be useless," Galder says. "Otherwise, that's really dumb. I'm sick of the 'I fear Rand' crap. Be helpful and get over it."

Peach
"Fine. We'll do it your way and bring whatever we find back with us, then," Rianna snaps angrily at you.

"Hey, come on, don't fight in here, there's not enough room..." Taiza comments.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>