Thule with a small squad v.s. FF7.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
A mishap in the warp drops Thule and a small squad of Blood Raven marines into the FF7 universe, where, believing it to be rife with heresy, they set about conquering it in the name of the God Emperor of mankind.

Thule himself has a Thunder Hammer, his squad consists of:
1 Librarian
3 tactical marines with bolters and chainswords
1 heavy marine with a heavy bolter.

They have infinite ammo because I say so.

All of FF7 allies against them, but they remain in character somewhat. If Thule and his men can conquer Midgar, force a surrender, or kill every character worth mentioning, they win. If not, they lose. They have one year and and access to an auspex which can give them instructions on how to work any tech they recover. They're spays muhreens, so they can pretty much legit eat anything. I'm serious. no expression Also, they're asumed to have pure geneseed and as such have all space marine abilities, such as eating their enemies to gain their knowledge... Yep.

CosmicComet
Thule is some Warhammer character?

ScreamPaste
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Davian_Thule

Yessir.

mechagoomba
He was the force commander made by relic to lead the blood ravens chapter in DoW dark crusade.

He also appears in DoW 2 and stuff.

TheAuraAngel
It's the FF7verse but all they need to do is conquer Midgar? lol poor Midgar must be packed with people.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
They're spays muhreens, so they can pretty much legit eat anything. I'm serious. no expression Also, they're asumed to have pure geneseed and as such have all space marine abilities, such as eating their enemies to gain their knowledge... Yep.

Eating to gain knowledge isn't that strange for FF.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
It's the FF7verse but all they need to do is conquer Midgar? lol poor Midgar must be packed with people.

Eating to gain knowledge isn't that strange for FF. Well, you want 5 guys to hold onto the sum territory of an entire planet? stick out tongue would be ... A little ridiculous, even for space marines.

TheAuraAngel
Well, you want 5 guys to hold onto the sum territory of an entire planet? stick out tongue would be ... A little ridiculous, even for space marines.

Real men could do it.

Seriously though, feats please.

ScreamPaste
Space marines are massive super humans, who undergo about a centuroy of training, and recieve a series of implants and stuff. Your typical space marine is IIRC, about nine feet tall with two hearts incase one gets shot, and can crush a human skull to dust with one hand. His bones are laced with ceramics from his diet, his spit is acid that can eat through metal, and he's just a general all around badass.

Encased in their ceramite power armour, spays muhreens have some recawkulous feats. Among them:
-Ripping the hatch off from a Lemen Russ. To put this in perspective, the Lemen Russ is a battle tank from the future designed to shrug off damage that would slag a modern tank. Lasguns, often called "flashlights" in 40k because of their general impotency, have no effect whatsoever on a tank like this, or space marine armour, for that matter, leaving just a black spot in the paint. A lasgun was confirmed in Imperial Armour to have a 70 megawatt output. A single shot from one of these would lulz entirely at a tank. Lasbolts have punched through three solid feet of concrete, which from a physics stand point is actually kind of insane given that they're laser weapons. Space marines are strong enough with their armour to rip the hatch from one of these. Not necessarily break through it's armour, but impressive none the less.
-Lifting and carrying large vehicles. (like.. say, a semi.) Another good strength feat, achievable by any man in power armour, easy for a marine. Hell, in on of the Ciaphas Cain novels Inquisitor Amberly does this with smaller less powerful armour. Abaddon, obviously NOT your typical marine, once lifted an entire baneblade (massive tank covered in lascannons, weapons which are just plain stupid) with one hand and crushed it. But yeah, I just wanted to mention it because Abaddon is a badass.
-Their armour, as I already mention, shrugs off lasgun fire, as well as monomolecular edged melee weapons. It takes the strength of another marine to penetrate the ceramite plates (which are about 5mm thick, IIRC, but might be wrong), with a monomolecular chainsword or axe to pierce it, and even then, the armour is still effective.

-Their combat speed and reaction time are super human to some extent, but I have to look that up. I forget exactly by how much.

-Their weapons are basicly "what's the most badass thing ever? And how do we turn it up to 11?" incarnate. I do not exaggerate when I say space marine weapons can include:

Giant, monomolecular edged, chainsaw swords ON FIRE.

Fully automatic, rapid fire, armour piercing, 1.00 calibre rocket propelled grenade launchers on 'roids. (Bolters. Standard weapon. no expression) Bolter rounds are supposed to be hypersonic, but I can't supply the source on that. It might be a codex, but I don't have the space marine codices handy atm. Will look around, and stuff. But yeah.

Those are the two standard issue weapons 3 of the 6 marines presented have. haermm The Librarian has what amounts to a +10 vorpal sword of psychic awesome (a force sword). The heavy bolter carried by the final marine is like the other one turned up to 12. (Bolters are already 11!) with a much larger magazine size, larger more powerful rounds, fired more rapidly, effective over a longer distance (so probably faster, too). Yeah. Things.

Also, the round fired by a bolt gun explodes in it's target, hence the grenade launcher thing. Consider that bolt guns are effective against other spays muhreens to some extent, and you can imagine how strong they are. no expression

TheAuraAngel
So physical combat doesn't seem to be the most preferred choice for the FF7 peoples. How is their TK and Magic resistance(if any)? How effective would illusions be?

mechagoomba
They fight the eldar whose farseers and strong psykers can TK lemen russ tanks and the like.

As for magic I dont see any FF magic getting past the armor.

TheAuraAngel
Is it magically resistant armor? Illusions?

ScreamPaste
It is in the sense that is totally enclosed, and provides a barrier between the space marine and the magic much like a wall would. Some suits of the armour are psychicly enhanced and provide powerful anti-magical protection, in addition to the already powerful physical protection it provides against magic attacks.

Edit: Also, through out the Space Marine's century of training and shit he's mentally hardenned hypnotised and trained, and the Librarian is a powerful sorcerer/psyker in his own right.

The illusions also probably would not fool the suit's auto-senses.

TheAuraAngel
So let's say I order my Zapdos to use Thunder wave on these gais. Does it work? Essentially the magic on the FF7 side that actually matters is similar to moves like thunder wave or sleep powder in Pokemon.

Edit: So no illusions it seems. If magic doesn't work, probably only things that have a chance are WEAPONS, Sister Ray, and Sehpiroth via Meteor.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
So let's say I order my Zapdos to use Thunder wave on these gais. Does it work? Essentially the magic on the FF7 side that actually matters is similar to moves like thunder wave or sleep powder in Pokemon. No. The armour is heavily insulated, especially against energy attacks, and fully encloses the space marine, with self contained air cycling and everything, thunder wave and sleep powder would both have no effect.

mechagoomba
Forgot to comment on illusions.

They would likely just attack the illusions just to kill more things. Unless you mean they make an illusion of a space marine or something.

In which case the space marines have such a close bond they would see through it quite quickly.

TheAuraAngel
Well now I don't exactly know how Toad works. It just changes things into toads. So I don't know if it's energy or not. I'll throw it out unless someone actually knows whether it would work or not. Looking up other spells right now, but I has to go. Will be back later.

NemeBro
With the entire FFVII verse working together, they could just give Sephiroth Meteor and not bother to tell the Space Marines where they are. estahuh

TheAuraAngel
Also forgot about Holy, which was a rough equivalent to Meteor seeing as how it was supposed to stop it and everything. I think the entire FF7 Universe might be too much for just 6 gais with leet stuff.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
With the entire FFVII verse working together, they could just give Sephiroth Meteor and not bother to tell the Space Marines where they are. estahuh And wound their own planet? CIS is still on to an extent, sir. Also, takes an assload of time, and would allow the muhreenz to conquer Midgar in that time.Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Also forgot about Holy, which was a rough equivalent to Meteor seeing as how it was supposed to stop it and everything. I think the entire FF7 Universe might be too much for just 6 gais with leet stuff. EH, do you think Holy can be used that way?

Nephthys
Can't Sephiroth just teleport them into orbit/the sun or something? Fancy armor won't stop them axfixiating, burning in the sun or starving in space.

TheAuraAngel
And wound their own planet? CIS is still on to an extent, sir. Also, takes an assload of time, and would allow the muhreenz to conquer Midgar in that time. EH, do you think Holy can be used that way?

If CIS is still on, Sephiroth will just use Meteor whenever he pleases and tell the FF gang to piss off. The muhreenz would conquer Midgar just in time for Sephy to drop a rock on their heads.

Not sure. Relocating Aerith to the Temple so she could use it makes sense, and the only thing stopping it before was Sephiroth not allowing it to work it's magic. So long as it's summoned, I figured Aerith could just tell it what to do.

That and I'm trying to decide how the WEAPONS are going to be involved. They has the best firepower in FF7 and would be the legit threats for the muhreenz. Midgar get's destroyed before it's conquered in all honesty.

As for normal spells, Stop seems to be the best bet for this situation. Comet and Gravity would help as well, though not as effective due to their armor. Still, I'd imagine comets falling on them might hurt but I'm not sure.

Either way, could care less who wins and I'm just throwing out the random FF7 things that might be affective. Kingdom Hearts is my thing and I need someone to start a thread with Xehanort so my fanboyness may blossom.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Can't Sephiroth just teleport them into orbit/the sun or something? Fancy armor won't stop them axfixiating, burning in the sun or starving in space.

Sephy can teleport people?mmm

ScreamPaste
Was wondering the same thing.

I could argue that the librarian's psychic hood could allow him to counter such nonsense though.

Also, it's worth noting the librarian has some leet pskyer powers, including one much like stop which allows him to literally step out of time temporarily, I forget whether he can extend this to the other muhreenz, though. hmm

Also, as far as CIS being on "to an extent" was assuming something like they'd play nice as a team, IE no Sephiroth trying to kill Cloud and wound the planet with meteor, but also the people of the planet not resorting to a meteor to stop a 6 man invasian. But dunno, you prolly know how they'd react better than I. stick out tongue

TheAuraAngel
Just remembered the structure of Midgar and President Shinra's style of getting things done when it comes to his enemies. He'll blow up the pillar for the upper plate and flatten them while his lackies distract the gais by showing them how easily they could be killed. And this isn't made up, President Shinra has actually gone that far just to kill 6 people. no expression

Nephthys
I don't see why not. Just grab them and port with them.

ScreamPaste
@Aura:
How long would that take, and how far would the marines have to move to escape? It would also require luring the marines into position.

According to Storm of Iron marines can maintain a pace of 13.8 meters per second over 8 hours, I'd be scurred to see what a Marine moves like in a sprint.

In Dawn of War: Tempest, a Librarian once chased down a landing thunderhawk on foot. And in Salamander, Assault marines on foot were capable of consistently keeping pace with a column of tanks. (While carrying their heavy jump packs) Occasionally they would fire them up to catch up if they fell behind. (apparently not capable of keeping up perfectly for such a long time, but still.)

@Neph: That would involve coming into melee range of a marine, and I'm not sure I've ever seen him teleport other people with himself. O.o

Nephthys
If he can teleport his sword with him why not a person? IDK, I just assume that people who teleport can teleport others too.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nephthys
If he can teleport his sword with him why not a person? IDK, I just assume that people who teleport can teleport others too. IIRC his sword is somehow linked to or a part of him, but I base that off of the scene in ACC where he produces it from nowhere.

NemeBro
And wound their own planet? CIS is still on to an extent, sir. Also, takes an assload of time, and would allow the muhreenz to conquer Midgar in that time. Question: Why do they win if they conquer Midgar? no expression

ScreamPaste
Question: Why do they win if they conquer Midgar? no expression
1. It's in the OP to give them a reasonable goal for six men,
and 2. forces the FF7 side to actually fight them and try to hold them back.

You expect me to task 6 men with holding the sum territory of a planet? D:

NemeBro
Alright then.

Omega destroys the planet, killing everyone, whether the people of the planet like it or not. Space Marines die.

TheAuraAngel
@Aura:
How long would that take, and how far would the marines have to move to escape? It would also require luring the marines into position.

According to Storm of Iron marines can maintain a pace of 13.8 meters per second over 8 hours, I'd be scurred to see what a Marine moves like in a sprint.

In Dawn of War: Tempest, a Librarian once chased down a landing thunderhawk on foot. And in Salamander, Assault marines on foot were capable of consistently keeping pace with a column of tanks. (While carrying their heavy jump packs) Occasionally they would fire them up to catch up if they fell behind. (apparently not capable of keeping up perfectly for such a long time, but still.)

It takes little time for the plate to fall. Only reason some of AVALANCHE escaped was because they swung from a huge rope thing and barely ended up in another sector. Not to mention, Shinra would be using his forces of grunts and robots to distract them from it. He did send in a Turk to stop AVALANCHE and plant the bomb and all. Push come to shove, drop the plates next to it. Take out all the plates and veritably drop a whole city on top of them. Shinra is that paranoid about threats to him.
Alright then.

Omega destroys the planet, killing everyone, whether the people of the planet like it or not. Space Marines die.

Or that works too I guess.

ScreamPaste
Fopr the record, Omega destroying th planet is kidn of a draw. erm

NemeBro
Fopr the record, Omega destroying th planet is kidn of a draw. erm Not really, Omega is still alive. 131

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.