Thor vs Cheetah/Kalibak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Thor is grounded for this fight. No god blast for this fight.

This is cheetah before her zoom upgrade and this is kalibak before his Orion beat down upgrade.

Can Thor take them?

Black bolt z
No.

AsbestosFlaygon
No.

Cheetah is still too fast.
Kalibak may not be as fast, but imho this incarnation of Kalibak is durable to enough to withstand some of Thor's strongest blows.
Besides, he can provide as a distraction for Cheetah to maul Thor.

Barring the Godblast, I'd give Thor a 3/10.

Warlord
Thor BFRs Kalibak and proceeds to beat Chetah's ass

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Lord_Talron
so which is it? thor loses horribly or thor beats their ass handily? cant have both, eh

Q99
I agree with AsbestosFlaygon.

Kasper Gutman
I'm not impressed with Cheetah's "mauling" ability. It would be just scratches to Thor. Thor was taking much more powerful cuts recently in Mephisto's realm. I'd say who was doing the cutting but just saying their name has them poofing before you and cutting you up. I'm too chicken. I also won't say candyman in front of a mirror 3 times.

Q99
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
I'm not impressed with Cheetah's "mauling" ability. It would be just scratches to Thor.

...which has taken down Wonder Woman and Superman before. It adds up pretty fast.

Throw in a fairly powerful brick occupying him from the front, too, and I think you've got a win.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Warlord
Thor BFRs Kalibak and proceeds to beat Chetah's ass

Boom tube?

Warlord
motherbox standard equipment for Kalibak?

Prep-Man
I always thought Boom tubes and Mother Box's are two separate things.

Warlord
I thought the MBs trigger the effect

AsbestosFlaygon
Mother Box is standard for most New Gods.
Not sure about Boom Tube.

Warlord
thing is from the few books I've read with him I never remember him having a MB or BT with him

AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, I don't think MB is standard for him.

He's still a beast though, especially this incarnation.

Warlord
still without MBs and BTs he can be easilly BFRed.
I don't see the duo winning if Thor plays smart

Q99
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Mother Box is standard for most New Gods.
Not sure about Boom Tube.

Mother box is standard for New Genesis Gods, not Apokoptian ones. However, if they have their own tech, it can activate the Boom Tube. Big Barda did so with her Megarod. The Boom Tube itself is fairly standard for any NG of any importance.

In Kalibak's case, I believe his beta rod activates his boom tube, and I'm pretty sure I've seen him show up from a tube on his own or with parademons.

I've never seen him use it offensively in battle like Barda and Orion sometimes do, but he can use it to get around.

-Pr-
Team.

tideoftime
If we're talking Perez' Cheetah, and Kalibak in general, then I'd go with Thor for a solid majority. He might be in some bruised shape, but he'll take the team.

Of course, limiting Barbara to the 80's/90's version is a touch intellectually dishonest; at that point, you would have to comparably use a "low-showing" Thor, one more vulnerable to piercing/slashing attacks, like how (for example) WW was back in the late 80's/early 90's.

Post-"Zoom upgrade" (which, btw, I don't like as a reference, as it very much misleads many posters into thinking Zoom had something directly to do with Barbara's increase in power, which he didn't, other than telling her over and over again "I can't help you with that -- the power is within you already, you just have to realize it for yourself..."wink, Team has a better chance of getting wins via Cheetah's vastly superior speed (faster than WW or SM in combat, when she decides to "get serious"wink and Kalibak really fighting as hard as he can. But overall, I go with Thor.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I always thought Boom tubes and Mother Box's are two separate things.
Boom Tube is controlled by the Mother Box, unless you're Darkseid who can open them with his Omega Beams.

Q99
Originally posted by tideoftime

Of course, limiting Barbara to the 80's/90's version is a touch intellectually dishonest; at that point, you would have to comparably use a "low-showing" Thor, one more vulnerable to piercing/slashing attacks, like how (for example) WW was back in the late 80's/early 90's.

Post-"Zoom upgrade" (which, btw, I don't like as a reference, as it very much misleads many posters into thinking Zoom had something directly to do with Barbara's increase in power, which he didn't, other than telling her over and over again "I can't help you with that -- the power is within you already, you just have to realize it for yourself..."wink,

Also, the Cheetah spirit was back up to high strength levels before the 'upgrade', by the time boyCheetah happened it (as well as Wonder Woman) was quite powerful again and that's when the Superman fight occurred.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Q99
Also, the Cheetah spirit was back up to high strength levels before the 'upgrade', by the time boyCheetah happened it (as well as Wonder Woman) was quite powerful again and that's when the Superman fight occurred.

That, too. But was just laying out a general comparison; picking and choosing specific eras/versions of a character can lowball almost anyone, and lead to a distorted perception of a given character for those not familiar enough with "character X".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.