Apcolypse VS Gedirath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67238/1439064-952049_orion___14___page_16_super.jpg

Starscream M
apoc.

guy222
http://thumbnails23.imagebam.com/10095/a6d1fb100940833.jpg

laughing out loud

Omega Vision
Umm...Promethian Giants are way out of Apoc's league. They're like DC's version of the Celestials (though not as powerful most likely).
Originally posted by Starscream M
apoc.
facepalm

illadelph12
Does this giant have any feats, or is this all assumed formidibility?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by illadelph12
Does this giant have any feats, or is this all assumed formidibility?
He's really, really, really, really big.

The Earth was like a grape to him.

Apoc has no way of really harming him.

Colossus-Big C
Does this giant have any feats, or is this all assumed formidibility? we know he can lift far more than the weight of the earth

Omega Vision
Orion, someone who'd whoop Apocalypse good, wouldn't have had a chance against Gedirath if he didn't possess the ALE, that's how Gedirath was defeated.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Orion, someone who'd whoop Apocalypse good, needed the Anti-Life Equation to even have a chance against Gedirath, that's how Gedirath was defeated. thats were your wrong though so bad logic

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thats were your wrong though so bad logic
Uhh, yeah Orion would destroy Apocalypse. Astro Harness+superior strength+superior h/h skills+motherbox=a decisive win.

Colossus-Big C
Uhh, yeah Orion would destroy Apocalypse. Astro Harness+superior strength+superior h/h skills+motherbox=a decisive win. how can orion harness someone with full control over his molecules?

Omega Vision
how can orion harness someone with full control over his molecules?
Do you even know what the Astro Harness is? no expression

Why are you commenting on Orion when you know nothing about him?

Colossus-Big C
Do you even know what the Astro Harness is? no expression
do you know how molecules work ? no expression

illadelph12
Jesus... facepalm

Did Gedirath actually do anything other than being, well, really big and supposedly formidable? For example, was his durability at all tested, or was it one of those instances where something seemingly unstoppable shows up, the usual suspects scramble around for the biggest gun possible as they don't think anything less will work, and then the big gun worked so it's assumed that's the only thing that would work? I say this because I know that due to their size Promethian Giants have an issue with their perception of the passage of time as well as being able to locate small beings, so Apocalypse could possibly just teleport inside Gedirath's ear, move somewhere vital in his body, and blast the crap out of it. Hell, Orion likely could as well. Given Gedirath's size, there's not much he could do about it.

Omega Vision
Illa you're assuming Gedirath has vitals. He could just as likely be animate stone. Also given Gedirath's size if he had human like organs they'd be the size of planets. Has Apoc ever unleashed destruction close to that scale? We're talking about a dust mite versus a human being here. Size is all you need to win in that scenario.
do you know how molecules work ? no expression
(1) You seem to be under the impression that the Astro Harness is a binding power. It's not. It's Orion's gear that lets him fly and project the Astro Force.
(2) Yes, I didn't fail High School chemistry like you.

Black bolt z
Illa you're assuming Gedirath has vitals. He could just as likely be animate stone. Also given Gedirath's size if he had human like organs they'd be the size of planets. Has Apoc ever unleashed destruction close to that scale? We're talking about a dust mite versus a human being here. Size is all you need to win in that scenario.

(1) You seem to be under the impression that the Astro Harness is a binding power. It's not. It's Orion's gear that lets him fly and project the Astro Force.
(2) Yes, I didn't fail High School chemistry like you. Bic-C went to high school eek!?

Colossus-Big C
is astro force a real force in real life

Omega Vision
is astro force a real force in real life laughing out loud

Gecko4lif
If only stupid was a crime....

illadelph12

Well, if memory serves me correctly, Gedirath was mind controlled by Darkseid via tech, so he at least possibly has a brain or a mind which has proven to be vulnerable. Whether or not he's wholey organic does not dissuade the fact that given his size and issues with the perception of time passage Apocalypse can just teleport inside one of him and spend the rest of the battle looking for the best place to strike. Gedirath wouldn't be able to do a thing about it.

As for scale, Apocalypse doesn't need to be able instantly destroy Gedirath's organs (assuming they exist), so whether or not he has the ability to one-shot a planet is irrelevent. He could morph into a giant drill and take 13+ months to perforate and go 'Death Blossom' on Gedirath's innards and still get the same end result as one-shotting a planet (and with the Giants time dialation issue, it would seem like only seconds have passed to Gedirath). It's analagous to Kratos vs. Cronos from from God of War 3, or Shadow of the Colossus.

The avenue of attack is open.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Bic-C went to high school eek!? He's your classmate
is astro force a real force in real life Yes it is

Omega Vision
Well, if memory serves me correctly, Gedirath was mind controlled by Darkseid via tech, so he at least possibly has a brain or a mind which has proven to be vulnerable. Whether or not he's wholey organic does not dissuade the fact that given his size and issues with the perception of time passage Apocalypse can just teleport inside one of him and spend the rest of the battle looking for the best place to strike. Gedirath wouldn't be able to do a thing about it.

As for scale, Apocalypse doesn't need to be able instantly destroy Gedirath's organs (assuming they exist), so whether or not he has the ability to one-shot a planet is irrelevent. He could morph into a giant drill and take 13+ months to perforate and go 'Death Blossom' on Gedirath's innards and still get the same end result as one-shotting a planet (and with the Giants time dialation issue, it would seem like only seconds have passed to Gedirath). It's analagous to Kratos vs. Cronos from from God of War 3, or Shadow of the Colossus.

The avenue of attack is open.
Wow, that scenario sounds like something someone would make up if they really didn't want to admit a favored character loses. facepalm

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Parmaniac
He's your classmate
Yes it is I'm not in high school.Originally posted by Omega Vision
Wow, that scenario sounds like something someone would make up if they really didn't want to admit a favored character loses. facepalm It also sounds plausible. Just because hes big doesn't mean hes that strong.

Omega Vision
I'm not in high school. It also sounds plausible. Just because hes big doesn't mean hes that strong.
It's unrealistic. Generally forum battles don't run for hundreds of years which is how long it would take Apoc to do any significant damage to Geridath.

He was strong enough to crush the Earth like a grape, that's what Darkseid sent him to do.

Black bolt z
It's unrealistic. Generally forum battles don't run for hundreds of years which is how long it would take Apoc to do any significant damage to Geridath.

He was strong enough to crush the Earth like a grape, that's what Darkseid sent him to do. Just because they don't generally run that long doesn't mean they can't.

If he gets a hold of apoc hes dead.I will never deny that.But Delphs "in the ear" suggestion seems plausible.

Omega Vision
Just because they don't generally run that long doesn't mean they can't.

If he gets a hold of apoc hes dead.I will never deny that.But Delphs "in the ear" suggestion seems plausible.
It's making the assumption that Geridath is anything like a human when there's no such indication.

I think he's watched Fantastic Voyage one too many times.

illadelph12
Wow, that scenario sounds like something someone would make up if they really didn't want to admit a favored character loses. facepalm

It's called being tactical.

You're fighting a giant that dwarfs planets. Why would you try the direct conventional approach?

The fact of the matter is that Gedirath's size is more a hindrance than an asset against someone fighting smart, and regardless of how long it would take, the avenue of attack I presented is viable. Wars can take years. I know for a fact if Superman were in this same scenario and I said "Superman flies inside Gedirath's ear, uses his heat vision, and systematically lobotomizes Gedirath over a 13 month period due to Gedirath's scale" people wouldn't bat an eye. Because it's Apocalypse, who can use the same avenue of attack, all of a sudden it's a dream scenario. How is Gedirath going to do anything to Apocalypse once he gets inside of his body? Apocalypse then has all the time in the world to do whatever it takes to disable Gedirath.

If it's good enough for Rodimus Prime vs. Unicron, it's good enough for Apocalypse.

Black bolt z
It's making the assumption that Geridath is anything like a human when there's no such indication.

I think he's watched Fantastic Voyage one too many times. And what if he is? He would have to have a brain or some sort of mind. So assuming he has ears it should work.And if not he has a mouth and nose.

laughing out loud

Omega Vision
It's called being tactical.

You're fighting a giant that dwarfs planets. Why would you try the direct conventional approach?

The fact of the matter is that Gedirath's size is more a hindrance than an asset against someone fighting smart, and regardless of how long it would take, the avenue of attack I presented is viable. Wars can take years. I know for a fact if Superman were in this same scenario and I said "Superman flies inside Gedirath's ear, uses his heat vision, and systematically lobotomizes Gedirath over a 13 month period due to Gedirath's scale" people wouldn't bat an eye. Because it's Apocalypse, who can use the same avenue of attack, all of a sudden it's a dream scenario. How is Gedirath going to do anything to Apocalypse once he gets inside of his body? Apocalypse then has all the time in the world to do whatever it takes to disable Gedirath.

If it's good enough for Rodimus Prime vs. Unicron, it's good enough for Apocalypse.
I would bat an eye actually, because it's retarded.

If that avenue of attack were available it would have been considered by the New Gods. Geridath was DS's ultimate weapon for a reason.

illadelph12

I think he's watched Fantastic Voyage one too many times.

It really doesn't matter. Apocalypse can compromise his head and kill him. Apocalypse is a techno-organic shape shifter and can morph into drilling equipment as well as numerous energy weapons. Plus he can increase his size. It may take a long time, but Apocalypse can destroy the Gedirath's head from the inside out.

Unless we're assuming Gedirath can survive being lobotomized.

illadelph12
I would bat an eye actually, because it's retarded.

If that avenue of attack were available it would have been considered by the New Gods. Geridath was DS's ultimate weapon for a reason.

Yeah.

The reason being the plot of the story.

That's not in play here on KMC.

Omega Vision
It really doesn't matter. Apocalypse can compromise his head and kill him. Apocalypse is a techno-organic shape shifter and can morph into drilling equipment as well as numerous energy weapons. Plus he can increase his size. It may take a long time, but Apocalypse can destroy the Gedirath's head from the inside out.

Unless we're assuming Gedirath can survive being lobotomized.
We don't know what his physiology is like, only that DS was able to take control of him with some kind of tech.

Assuming he has a humanoid internal physiology that can be exploited the way you suggest then consider that we should also assume he has an immune system. Given his size his lymphocytes would be bigger than aircraft carriers. So while Apoc is inside playing Cavity Creeps he has to deal with Geridath's immune system. Again this is assuming he has an internal physiology like a human.

Yeah.

The reason being the plot of the story.

That's not in play here on KMC.
Yes, because this is completely cogent and totally addresses the gaps in your logic.

Black bolt z
We don't know what his physiology is like, only that DS was able to take control of him with some kind of tech.

Assuming he has a humanoid internal physiology that can be exploited the way you suggest then consider that we should also assume he has an immune system. Given his size his lymphocytes would be bigger than aircraft carriers. So while Apoc is inside playing Cavity Creeps he has to deal with Geridath's immune system. Again this is assuming he has an internal physiology like a human.

Yes, because this is completely cogent and totally addresses the gaps in your logic. Good. Didn't actually think of that. But its also possible apoc>his cells

but if apoc was in his head he could just take a planet and smack his head into it killing apoc with the shockwave.

ares834
If Apoc goes in Gedirath's body he gets mauled by Gedirath's white blood cells... wink

illadelph12
He has orifices leading to the interior of his head.

From a location inside his head, via said orifices, you destroy everything outward of your starting position until his head is gone or damaged irreparably, using whatever means you have available to you.

How is this a hard concept to follow, or wholly illogical?

Omega Vision
Good. Didn't actually think of that. But its also possible apoc>his cells

but if apoc was in his head he could just take a planet and smack his head into it killing apoc with the shockwave.
There are too many unknown variables to assume that an Apocalypse lobotomy is a viable tactic.
He has orifices leading to the interior of his head.

From a location inside his head, via said orifices, you destroy everything outward of your starting position until his head is gone or damaged irreparably, using whatever means you have available to you.

How is this a hard concept to follow, or wholly illogical?
It's not a hard concept, just stupid. Very stupid. Using your logic the Atom can beat anyone under Skyfather given enough time.

Prep-Man
Gedirath easily.

illadelph12

Yes, because this is completely cogent and totally addresses the gaps in your logic.

Apocalypse has the ability to raise forcefields, become intangible, and teleport himself and objects. He could simply teleport an incoming white blood cell away from himself, or likely blast it away.

If he doesn't have a humanoid physiology, you just destroy his inorganic head.

Omega Vision
Apocalypse has the ability to raise forcefields, become intangible, and teleport himself and objects. He could simply teleport an incoming white blood cell away from himself, or likely blast it away.

If he doesn't have a human physiology, you just destroy his inorganic head.
How many times has he actually teleported another person/object in combat?

Which might not stop him, because he doesn't have a human physiology in that case and might be able to function without a head. doped

Would you argue that Apoc could destroy the Earth? Because Geridath's head is larger than the Earth.

illadelph12
There are too many unknown variables to assume that an Apocalypse lobotomy is a viable tactic.

It's not a hard concept, just stupid. Very stupid. Using your logic the Atom can beat anyone under Skyfather given enough time.

I disagree.

Also, The Atom doesn't have the offensive capabilities that Apocalypse does.

Prep-Man
Gedirath is immortal and has accomplished everything in life. I think he was described as a perfect being in a sense. He's really in another league.

Metron had to adjust his Mobius chair to even come in contact with him.

illadelph12

Which might not stop him, because he doesn't have a human physiology in that case and might be able to function without a head. doped

Then after destroying his head, if he's not disabled, move on to another body part and lather/rinse/repeat.

Omega Vision
Then after destroying his head, if he's not disabled, move on to another body part and lather/rinse/repeat.
Smh...

illadelph12

Would you argue that Apoc could destroy the Earth? Because Geridath's head is larger than the Earth.

Given a long enough period of time, yes, I'd say that Apocalypse could possibly cause irreparable damage to the Earth if he caused enough fissures in the planet for it to break apart. I'm not sure how long that would take, however.

ares834
This thread is good for laughings.

Prep-Man
Gedirath pops him like a zit.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27444/952076-peye_large.jpg

Omega Vision
Given a long enough period of time, yes, I'd say that Apocalypse could possibly cause irreparable damage to the Earth if he caused enough fissures in the planet for it to break apart. I'm not sure how long that would take, however.
Yeah so why is it even worth arguing?

Your plan sounds like the product of Saturday Morning Cartoons and Cold War Era B-Movies.

Think of it this way: had anyone suggested prior to the actual comic where Exitar was defeated by the Fantastic Four that Invisible Woman could defeat him from the inside it would have been dismissed as fanciful.

Which is what your proposition is: fanciful.

Omega Vision
Apoc better hope Geridath doesn't use Crest s8Y_vEKbZhU

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Gedirath is immortal and has accomplished everything in life.
hmmm that means that covers bukkake.... i guess that's where his size comes from, with all that protein and all

mmm

illadelph12
Yeah so why is it even worth arguing?

Your plan sounds like the product of Saturday Morning Cartoons and Cold War Era B-Movies.

Think of it this way: had anyone suggested prior to the actual comic where Exitar was defeated by the Fantastic Four that Invisible Woman could defeat him from the inside it would have been dismissed as fanciful.

Which is what your proposition is: fanciful.

Smh...

You have no basis to assert Geridath's durability, no feats to reference in any regard for him. Nohing to base your points on whatsoever save assumed ability with no frame of reference, but you're assured I'm wrong based on, well, nothing, but I'm illogical and fanciful?

Apocalypse takes 50 years to lobotomize and dismember the featless giant that won't be able to do anything once Apocalypse is inside of him.

Omega Vision
Smh...

You have no basis to assert Geridath's durability, no feats to reference in any regard for him. Nohing to base your points on whatsoever save assumed ability with no frame of reference, but you're assured I'm wrong based on, well, nothing, but I'm illogical and fanciful?

Apocalypse takes 50 years to lobotomize and dismember the featless giant that won't be able to do anything once Apocalypse is inside of him.
Except I do. His mass alone means that moving as a cohesive unit without breaking apart would take considerable durability. Honestly if you're going to keep playing the assumption game I don't see why I can't too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes you're illogical and fanciful if you think your plan doesn't sound like wishful thinking. It's interesting you should call Geridath featless when Apocalypse's power and status is mostly from conjecture and handbook information. His feats don't even make him Mid Herald.

ares834
Geridath sneezes. Game over for Apoc.

Starscream M
His feats don't even make him Mid Herald. actually his nonjobbing days certainly place him at least at midherald

illadelph12
Except I do. His mass alone means that moving as a cohesive unit without breaking apart would take considerable durability. Honestly if you're going to keep playing the assumption game I don't see why I can't too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes you're illogical and fanciful if you think your plan doesn't sound like wishful thinking.

No it doesn't. You're assuming his durability without knowing the composition of his mass, or any feats or references to base it on. Hell, you just said a few posts back neither of us knew the thing's physiology, but you're simply assuming it's above what Apocalypse could destroy based on nothing. He could be made out of plant matter or fungus for all we know.

Prime example:

We're both Star Trek fans. The Crystalline Entity dwarfed the Enterprise, flew around the galaxy eating all organic life on planets, could convert matter to energy, and was essentially a snowflake version of Galactus that could fly at warp speeds in space unaided. Yet it was less durable than the Enterprise and shattered by a harmonic graviton pulse.

Starscream M
btw, Apoc could simply go into Gedirath's brain and then grow to a massive size and basically kill gedirath from inside out

illadelph12
Tier doesn't really matter in some cases. If there's an avenue of attack that a character's powers afford it, that tactical advantage can achieve victory regardless of the opponent being of a higher standing.

Prep-Man
Apoc would be a minor headache if he tried that trick. Gedirath has survived being inside the Source for millions of years. Poccy lips isn't a problem.

illadelph12
What exactly does the Source Wall do to people trapped in it? Because if memory serves, Hank Henshaw not only escaped entrapment on his own, but hijacked a "moon" sized chunk of it and played with it like Play Doh after some practice, and other beings have escaped from it as well (Olympian Gods and Yuga Khan come to mind).

Seems The Source is a bad craftsman when it comes to making security walls.

Prep-Man
If you want to count the average, the Source Wall is pretty stable. Only a handful of people have escaped it. I think Prime was able to destroy it also, but it's prime. Some conquerors who have tried to reach the souce have been detroyed and trapped forever.

illadelph12
So it's like cosmic fly paper.

Prep-Man
lol, pretty much. It's the mind of the DCU. The only goal the Promethan giants are trying to accomplish. Time is also different for these giants. A million years to them seem like seconds to them. They are celestial beings in a sense.

guy222
the giant should step out lil poccy ftw

Xplosive
Originally posted by guy222
http://thumbnails23.imagebam.com/10095/a6d1fb100940833.jpg

laughing out loud

From is this? Is it already out?

guy222
came out today buddy

good seeing u

cdtm
No it doesn't. You're assuming his durability without knowing the composition of his mass, or any feats or references to base it on. Hell, you just said a few posts back neither of us knew the thing's physiology, but you're simply assuming it's above what Apocalypse could destroy based on nothing. He could be made out of plant matter or fungus for all we know.

Orion should know it though, and he seemed pretty certain he was capable of crushing/holding the Earth.

Darkseids also admitted to Promethean Giants being really powerful, which means something given the only thing Darkseid respects is power.

the ninjak
Poccy lobotomises and the scan is from XForce.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by cdtm
Orion should know it though, and he seemed pretty certain he was capable of crushing/holding the Earth.

Darkseids also admitted to Promethean Giants being really powerful, which means something given the only thing Darkseid respects is power.

Yeah, Darky needed help to control a Giant. He couldn't do it with power alone. Poccy isn't on Darkseid's level.

Xplosive
Originally posted by guy222
came out today buddy

good seeing u

Nice to see you too, pal.

illadelph12
Yeah, Darky needed help to control a Giant. He couldn't do it with power alone. Poccy isn't on Darkseid's level.

Never said Apocalypse was on Darkseid's level.

However, Apocalypse also isn't trying to mind control and use the Giant as a living weapon for the purposes of a story, and Darkseid didn't attempt to just simply fly into it's head and Omega Beam everything he around him to try and kill it, so it's really of no consequence to my point.

illadelph12
Originally posted by cdtm

This still proves nothing. Gedirath is obviously of significant mass to the point that the Earth could fit in the palm of his hand, and physically strong enough to crush the Earth. This in no way provides evidence to the material Gedirath is made of.

Here:

Swamp Thing is strong enough to crush a stone with his hands at his normal size. Now, make Swamp Thing Gedirath's size (where the Earth is about the size of a plum compared to his hand), and scale up his physical strength to be proportionate to his new physical dimensions. Is Swamp Thing going to be able to crush the Earth in his hand?

Black bolt z
This still proves nothing. Gedirath is obviously of significant mass to the point that the Earth could fit in the palm of his hand, and physically strong enough to crush the Earth. This in no way provides evidence to the material Gedirath is made of.

Here:

Swamp Thing is strong enough to crush a stone with his hands at his normal size. Now, make Swamp Thing Gedirath's size (where the Earth is about the size of a plum compared to his hand), and scale up his physical strength to be proportionate to his new physical dimensions. Is Swamp Thing going to be able to crush the Earth in his hand? Yes?

Prep-Man
Never said Apocalypse was on Darkseid's level.

However, Apocalypse also isn't trying to mind control and use the Giant as a living weapon for the purposes of a story, and Darkseid didn't attempt to just simply fly into it's head and Omega Beam everything he around him to try and kill it, so it's really of no consequence to my point.

Has Poccy lips ever done that to someone on the Giants level? Anyone?

illadelph12
He's never been in this type of scenario, particularly because it's purely hypothetical to begin with. That's the nature of these battles.

Regardless of that it doesn't detract from the fact that the avenue of attack is open for his exploitation. A character does not have to have experienced a specific action against a specific opponent, nor are they limited to the exact actions and events which occur in the pages of the plotted comics. Their canon activities give us a gauge of their operating power levels, but it doesn't mean, for example, that Superman is limited to only punching in the form and fashion he used in JLA #17 or FC #3 and couldn't perform an action that is a reasonable application of his established ability and powerset in these hypothetical scenarios, like say, hitting Thor with a Stone Cold Stunner.

Sr J-Bieb
So... unless Gedirath is made out of glass, he wins easily.

I don't see how you thought this would be a good thread.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
So... unless Gedirath is made out of glass, he wins easily.

I don't see how you thought this would be a good thread.
Yeah it's spite against Gedirath

Because obviously Apocalypse can Cavity Creep his ass. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Black bolt z
^ then who do you think would be a good match for gedirath?

Omega Vision
^ then who do you think would be a good match for gedirath?
That's hard to say, but probably no one in the Herald Tier. Darkseid seemed to think of him as a peer/superior in terms of power, taking control of him was one of DS's greatest acheivements.

TheTyrant
Easy win for Apocalypse if he utilizes his powers efficiently. If he jobs, then he's pretty much ****ed.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Easy win for Apocalypse if he utilizes his powers efficiently. If he jobs, then he's pretty much ****ed.
Easy win? No just no. Even the most Apoc friendly scenarios that Illa proposed would take decades to accomplish realistically.

TheTyrant
Easy win? No just no. Even the most Apoc friendly scenarios that Illa proposed would take decades to accomplish realistically.

That's the same strategy I had in mind. It would maybe take Apoc weeks or months, but definitely not decades. High end class 100 who has a wide range of powers. And no matter how long it would take Apoc, it would still be an easy win. Gedir wouldn't be able to touch him once Apoc is inside his head.

Omega Vision
That's the same strategy I had in mind. It would maybe take Apoc weeks or months, but definitely not decades. High end class 100 who has a wide range of powers. And no matter how long it would take Apoc, it would still be an easy win. Gedir wouldn't be able to touch him once Apoc is inside his head.
He's a low end Class 100 based on feats with few powers being actually useful in this situation. How long do you envision it taking Apocalypse to destroy the Earth? Because Geridath's head is larger than the Earth by a great deal.

Which again assumes that Geridath has a hollow head. It also assumes that Apoc will demonstrate uncharacteristic cleverness and not start making speeches until Geridath notices him and crushes him.

TheTyrant
He's a low end Class 100 based on feats with few powers being actually useful in this situation. How long do you envision it taking Apocalypse to destroy the Earth? Because Geridath's head is larger than the Earth by a great deal.

Which again assumes that Geridath has a hollow head. It also assumes that Apoc will demonstrate uncharacteristic cleverness and not start making speeches until Geridath notices him and crushes him.

Name the showings/feats that make him low end class 100 rather than high end class 100 first.

Omega Vision
Name the showings/feats that make him low end class 100 rather than high end class 100 first.
No see this isn't how this works, you have to convince us he's a high end class 100 in the department of Thor and Superman.

You're employing a variant of the negative proof fallacy.

Starscream M

Which again assumes that Geridath has a hollow head. It also assumes that Apoc will demonstrate uncharacteristic cleverness and not start making speeches until Geridath notices him and crushes him. um it doesn't take a genius to think that the only way to beat a planetary being is by attacking inside out as a virus would...im sure poccy is capable of that much

Starscream M
Because Geridath's head is larger than the Earth by a great deal.
no its not

Omega Vision
um it doesn't take a genius to think that the only way to beat a planetary being is by attacking inside out as a virus would...im sure poccy is capable of that much
Viruses don't work anything like what Apoc is supposedly going to do here.

no its not
Earth could fit in his hand.

Starscream M
Viruses don't work anything like what Apoc is supposedly going to do here.

Earth could fit in his hand.

1. yes I know. My point is attacking a giant from inside out isn't beyond Apoc's brilliance.

2. scans?

TheTyrant
No see this isn't how this works, you have to convince us he's a high end class 100 in the department of Thor and Superman.

You're employing a variant of the negative proof fallacy.

I've already told you this several times. He punched a class 300 in the head and KO'd her at his regular size. He's also pwned Colossus and She-Hulk... Again at his regular size. If he grows his body size, let's say by 20 ft, then I'm sure he would be just as strong as people like Thor and Superman.

illadelph12
Apoc ftw against the featless giant.

As for heralds that could beat him, Surfer employing the enter an orifice (no homo) in the giant's head and attack from the inside tactic could probably get the same results. Gedirath is like a cosmic Yao Ming. Big as hell with nothing to show for it. He's an absolutely featless giant that only has one thing in his favor, that being his mass. That alone doesn't guarantee victory and is actually more of a handicap.

Due to time dilation issues suffered by these giants (due to there scale) Apocalypse can pretty much pick his spots of attack before Gedirath can even acknowledge his presence or actions.

Fighting smart it's pretty much a wrap.

Apoc haters be damned.

*edit

And yes, I'm looking at you Omega. Homie or not.

*edit2

(no homo)

Prep-Man
1. yes I know. My point is attacking a giant from inside out isn't beyond Apoc's brilliance.

2. scans?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27444/952075-orion___14___page_16_large.jpg

Darkseid wasn't able to do anything physical to him and he's practically immortal, so nothing Poccy lips will do will slow him down or take him out.

-Pr-
Apoc ftw against the featless giant.

As for heralds that could beat him, Surfer employing the enter an orifice (no homo) in the giant's head and attack from the inside tactic could probably get the same results. Gedirath is like a cosmic Yao Ming. Big as hell with nothing to show for it. He's an absolutely featless giant that only has one thing in his favor, that being his mass. That alone doesn't guarantee victory and is actually more of a handicap.

Due to time dilation issues suffered by these giants (due to there scale) Apocalypse can pretty much pick his spots of attack before Gedirath can even acknowledge his presence or actions.

Fighting smart it's pretty much a wrap.

Apoc haters be damned.

*edit

And yes, I'm looking at you Omega. Homie or not.

*edit2

(no homo)

i'm starting to worry about you.

Omega Vision
I've already told you this several times. He punched a class 300 in the head and KO'd her at his regular size. He's also pwned Colossus and She-Hulk... Again at his regular size. If he grows his body size, let's say by 20 ft, then I'm sure he would be just as strong as people like Thor and Superman.
There's no such thing as a Class 300.

Starscream M
There's no such thing as a Class 300. still waiting on proof that his head is bigger than earth... *snickers*

Omega Vision
still waiting on proof that his head is bigger than earth... *snickers*
You mean you didn't see the picture where he's clearly shown to be able to hold the Earth in his hand?

Starscream M
You mean you didn't see the picture where he's clearly shown to be able to hold the Earth in his hand? ok...misread it, originally thought the bigger planet was earth

btw thats horrible art...look at how big the new gods are....they're literally drawn to be the size of continents...the artist obviously doesn't have a perspective on drawing relative sizes.

illadelph12
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27444/952075-orion___14___page_16_large.jpg

Darkseid wasn't able to do anything physical to him and he's practically immortal, so nothing Poccy lips will do will slow him down or take him out.

What, on panel, did Darkseid attempt to do to Gedirath besides fit him with a mind control device?

Originally posted by -Pr-
i'm starting to worry about you.

Silence!

Omega Vision
ok...misread it, originally thought the bigger planet was earth

btw thats horrible art...look at how big the new gods are....they're literally drawn to be the size of continents...the artist obviously doesn't have a perspective on drawing relative sizes.
The art isn't that bad. In terms of perspective the artist does a good job of communicating the distance between the Moon and the Earth through their relative apparent sizes.

In this case the New Gods are on the other side of the moon opposite Earth, so of course the Earth is going to look tiny from that distance.

The only real problem is we have no idea of Geridath's exact size, only that he could hold the Earth comfortably in his hand.

illadelph12
His giant metallic camisole would make Morris Day proud.

Prep-Man
What, on panel, did Darkseid attempt to do to Gedirath besides fit him with a mind control device?

Silence!

He didn't do anything, because it wouldn't work in the first place. Why do you think Darkseid wanted to have a promethean giant in the first place? He already admitted his power greater than him. So, it's not that hard to believe that Gedirath was much more powerful.

Omega Vision
His giant metallic camisole would make Morris Day proud.
Darkseid picked it out for him.

TheTyrant
still waiting on proof that his head is bigger than earth... *snickers*

I don't care what you call it. Apoc one-hit KO'd a high end class 100.

illadelph12
He didn't do anything, because it wouldn't work in the first place. Why do you think Darkseid wanted to have a promethean giant in the first place? He already admitted his power greater than him. So, it's not that hard to believe that Gedirath was much more powerful.

Nah, that's a cop out. Promethian Giants are more powerful because of their scale, and as a result, scale based strength, that's a given. However, Darkseid was not attempting to kill Gedirath, he was scheming to use him as a pawn against Orion and Earth, which he actually DID. Darkseid could likely use his superior intellect to form a plan to kill the Giant if need be. He already thought up a means to outfit the damn thing with a mind control device. It's not like Darkseid flew up to it and tried to slug it out. Of course he'd get his ass kicked, it's f*ckin' huge. However, if Darkseid snuck up on it and planted an anti-matter bomb rather than that mind control device we're talking dead giant.

Just step back from the conventional splash page battles and think tactically.

Prep-Man
Like I said, Giants are immortal. Darkseid knew he couldn't kill it.

illadelph12
Did he state this, or is this just your reasoning for why he decided to use it as a pawn in part of a scheme rather than to face it directly in combat?

Also, immortal does not equal invulnerable. Dismemberment and lobotomization don't have to result in death. Disabling an opponent still counts as a forum victory, so moving the goal post to a shorter distance would still result in Apocalypse winning.

Also, Apocolypse has employed mind control on his Horseman and Dark Riders before, and Darkseid proved not only that a Promethian God's mind is susceptible, but could be subjugated via tech,

Just saying.

Prep-Man
Metron stated this, I think. The time before Simson's series. Apoc has a shot at controlling it, but not killing it.

BTW, New Gods have shown much better tech than poccy, so Apoc better come up with something special.

illadelph12
Second hand Cellestial tech ftw. stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Possibly. But New Gods have shown better tech than even Celestials. Counting both New Genesis and Apokolips.

illadelph12

Omega Vision
I don't care what you call it. Apoc one-hit KO'd a high end class 100.
If the person you're talking about is the purported "Class 300", you should know that lifting 300 tons is on the extreme low end of the Class 100 spectrum. Pitiful compared to Superman or Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.