Hereafter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Surprised to see a thread hasnt been made about this new Matt Damon movie coming out directed by Clint Eastwood whom Damon worked with recently a few years ago.Looks interesting from the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XvJwTYnKww

jaden101
Saw the trailer for this when I went to see The Town...Does look interesting. I'm surprised that this is the 1st film to portray the Boxing day tsunami...Just hope that as brief as that section of the film will likely be I hope the media don't latch on to it and try and make some controversy out of it.

SnakeEyes
Clint Eastwood is a pretty overrated director. And this movie looks pretty mediocre/kinda cheesy.

ashleyy
The trailer is nice and looking quite interesting.

MildPossession
I'm with SnakeEyes on the cheesy aspect, don't think it will be as strong as his previous films.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by MildPossession
I'm with SnakeEyes on the cheesy aspect, don't think it will be as strong as his previous films.

Yeah it does look like it has come cheesy moments and wont be as strong as his other films.as usual,he is wayyyyy off on Eastwood being an overrated director though.Gran Torino was easily one of my top two or three favorite movies of that year and Chageling is one of my favorites of all time.

SnakeEyes
I thought Gran Torino was flat-out bad.

jaden101
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Clint Eastwood is a pretty overrated director.

Mystic River?
Unforgiven?
Million Dollar Baby?

SnakeEyes
Those three are all solid; but still overrated imo.

I thought Gran Torino was poor, Flags of Our Fathers wasn't that good, Space Cowboys no thanks, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil put me to sleep; no/minimal interest in Changeling, Invictus or this one (Hereafter).

rimmy8788
I have heard about this movie and did not watch it yet. Has it been released or not?

Mr Parker
Naw it opens up next week.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't know i can't ride go there with you on this one, Snake Eyes, I don't see Cheese from that trailer. Now, i got cheese from Gran torino, but this feels like a passionate piece.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I thought Gran Torino was flat-out bad.

"Gran Torino," for me, was incredible. I like most of the movies he's made.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I don't know i can't ride go there with you on this one, Snake Eyes, I don't see Cheese from that trailer. Now, i got cheese from Gran torino, but this feels like a passionate piece.

I get cheese from this one so far.Gran Torino we'll just have to agree to disagree on.

The Nuul
I dunno about this one, something just doesnt sit right with me.

siriuswriter
The trailer made me think "Inception," at least the tone and attitude of things we don't know and/yet might come to know/mystical realism.

I don't know if the news that it's based off an historical event is better or worse. I was so excited to see Eastwood try his hand at existentialism!!!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by siriuswriter
The trailer made me think "Inception," at least the tone and attitude of things we don't know and/yet might come to know/mystical realism.

I don't know if the news that it's based off an historical event is better or worse. I was so excited to see Eastwood try his hand at existentialism!!!

its based off an historical event? did not know that.that will make it all the more interesting. yeah thats what I was thinking as well.was that it seems to have the same kind of cheese in it that Inception has so thats why im not too thrilled over it.Only reason now that I think about it that I got thrilled over Inception initially was Nolan was the director. Inception though after I saw a second viewing of it,is one of Nolans weaker films.

MildPossession
From what I've read from people who have seen the film, it looks like a fail from Eastwood...

Mr Parker
I plan on seeing it next weekend so i will have my thoughts on it then.

SnakeEyes
Pretty mediocre reviews - it's got like a 50% over at rottentomatoes.

Mr Parker
yeah but dont go by what rotten tomatoes say,give your OWN thoughts about it.

SnakeEyes
I haven't seen it yet, so I can't really say. I already said it looked kinda lame from the trailer. I was just pointing out that apparently a lot of other people (who have seen the flick) also didn't think much of it.

I'll watch it when it's on DVD or streaming.

victoria203
This movie was widely appreciated all over the world. There are several factors that back its success. However, the most prominent one is the fact that the plot line of this movie has very beautifully explained its theme.

MildPossession
How is it widely appreciated all over the world, it hasn't been released in most places yet, not until next year...

Robtard
It's some sort of Bot or future add-spammer, yo.

marthatorres
I do not know what will happen I like the trailer, but I said we will wait and see. And I absolutely love it, I was surprised how good it is the result. I saw some things are not linked to plot part, but the strange thing is that in these cases, but it is a really good movie. Must see. My list may be established.

Mr Parker
interesting,great to see someone FINALLY come on here who has seen it and posted about the movie.I will finally be seeing it today later on so I will be posting my thoughts about it after the weekend.

Mr Parker
well looks like i am going to be the first to give a review of this movie,maybe the last.Finally saw it and like I said before from watching the trailer,this is one of Eastwoods weaker films.Which is a surprise because makes you wonder how you could possibly not have a winner with the team of Eastwood directing and Spielberg producing this film.Go figure.anyways it was really boring and the pacing was very slow.that whole thing with him meeting up with that girl at the end just didnt make much sense.The movie wasnt cheesy like the previews made it seem,just boring and slow paced.

MildPossession
Getting turkey reviews, including this:

80 year old Clint has suddenly become possessed by the befuddled spirit of M. Night Shyamalan.

Oo er.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.