X-Men: Destiny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
The latest game annouced by Activision and developed by Silicon Knights

5y-cGyJPYkY

-Pr-
I really hope it's good. Though the idea of playing as New Mutants rather than X-Men does make me worry...

Scythe
Whoa!

Nephthys
Please get to create your own mutant. Please please please please...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by -Pr-
I really hope it's good. Though the idea of playing as New Mutants rather than X-Men does make me worry...
Same here.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Nephthys
Please get to create your own mutant. Please please please please... This

Wei Phoenix

Cyclops was in that trailer. Stop bitching!

No End N Site
Nice...trailer anyway. Would like to see more. It's been a while since I played an X-Men game I could get into.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Cyclops was in that trailer. Stop bitching!

Don't forget Magneto.

Any new Mutants that can morph into or copy the powers of other Mutants?

Kazenji
KUp0eIpPj-Q

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kazenji
KUp0eIpPj-Q

X-Men: The Force Unleashed.

MadMel
I wont make any assumptions until I see some proper gameplay. Also. Please let us design our own characters! stick out tongue

Kazenji
There is proper gameplay in that trailer....well a little bit at '1.00'

MadMel
I meant more than a few seconds, obviously. XD

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by MadMel
I wont make any assumptions until I see some proper gameplay. Also. Please let us design our own characters! stick out tongue
Same. It's stupid/nonsensical to be pre-judgmental about a game we still know little to nothing about as far as gameplay. A second or two isn't going to give you a good enough idea.

General_Iroh
Looks like this might be Marvel's answer to DC universe online

MadMel
Except it might not be an MMO. stick out tongue

Silent Guardian
love how there is absolutely know info on this game. The lack of knowledge has me worried.

Kazenji
I hope Silicon Knights do a good job their last game Too Human did'nt exactly do well.

The Pict
Can't wait. Hopefully it's Mass-Effect like with the whole "choice" system.

RLAAMJR.
i'm so looking forward to this game\1",)

Kazenji
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7268-First-X-Men--Destiny-Details-Spilled.html

have to make "Tough Decisions" in the game

-Pr-
mmm

General_Iroh
Maybe they'll let me join the brotherhood teeheehee big grin

Nemesis X
Collect X-Genes from fellow mutants? So...the character we'll be playing as will be a composite X-Man? Why don't we just play as Rouge if we're having everybody else's powers if not our own? erm

-Pr-
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Collect X-Genes from fellow mutants? So...the character we'll be playing as will be a composite X-Man? Why don't we just play as Rouge if we're having everybody else's powers if not our own? erm

because rogue isn't popular enough.

General_Iroh
because rogue isn't popular enough.
indeed I wouldn't buy the game if you could only play as Rogue, but a customized character is a different story.

SaTsuJiN
This kinda sounds like infamous with an X-men wrapper on it...

but if they do it properly I'd definitely check it out

Kazenji
Images

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/01/first-look-at-the-new-mutants-of-x-men-destiny/

srankmissingnin
Wow. You know you are something special when you are standing beside Gambit and you are the one who looks like a douche bag...

And judging by the graphics I guess I need to dig out my Game Cube, because that looks like ass.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah.. the graphics are ho-hum.. and I think one of the kotaku comments said that in one of the articles for the game they alluded to you being able to choose only 1 of 3 premade characters

Kazenji
Would've been better if you could create them like in Fallout 3, Kotor games, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and whatever else..

Kazenji
First new mutant revealed

http://www.comicvine.com/news/x-men-destinys-first-new-mutant-revealed/142922/

-Pr-
i hate when games do this. It's like "hey, we'll work on this brand new game, pump millions of dollars in to it, and use our fancy graphics to let you interact with your favourite x-men... you just can't play as them".

I hope I'm wrong.

StyleTime
This game might turn out ok, but I'll have to wait and see I guess. It looks like it may be a more standard action game; that'd be a welcome break from the X-Men Legends/MUA style, although I did like those games.

I really hate that the character in the first screens Kazenji posted is firing electricity.....when Surge is standing right behind him.

Why not just let us use Surge?

Phanteros
MSczov84JEA&feature=feedu

Kazenji
Its a missfire

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/x-men-destiny/review/

Ridley_Prime
KVOdN8O4fxE

Kazenji
Seriously what the hell are Silicon Knights doing

they've made some decent games in the past.... but its their last two games this latest one and Too Human are terrible, Better redeem themselves with their next game.

jinXed by JaNx
Not a bad game for a rental or cheap buy. Its like Ultimate Alliance with only one character a better camera and fight controls. Like most games it gets repetitive and as a beat em up this was expected but the monotony comes fast. The story is ok its just a shame that your choices had no real impact over the story. With all that said its definitely fun for a couple hours nd cool to see the xmen again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.