False doctrines:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
I would like this thread to be used to expose and discuss false doctrines. 1. Rapture Of all the false doctrines created by men, the rapture is the most prevalent. The sad part is that most rapture believers have no idea about the twisted origin of this false doctrine. It all started in 1832, when a preacher, J. Darby, was visiting a young woman in a mental institution. This woman, margret mcdonald, told darby that god told her in a vision that christians would fly away before the anti christ comes. Darby heard this and decided to run with it. He spent a few months bending the scripture to fit his new doctrine. He went and spred it and thats that. There is absolutely no biblical evidence to support this idiotic doctrine. 1Thess 4:13-17 means that at the last trump (7th trump of revelation. after the anti christ) christ comes and brings his followers with him. We that are alive will meet him in the air doesnt mean in the sky. The greek says 'in the spirit'

dadudemon
Long time not see...Long Pig.

While I agree that the rapture is definitely a false doctrine used to just make a few preachers some money, over 100 years ago, I don't think your version of what happened is completely accurate.

To contribute to the thread with my own, the doctrine of the "Holy Trinity" is false. Nothing has been more directly false in all of Christianity since it was decided at the first Council of Nicea.

long pig
Darby and mcdonald were also responsible for the false doctrine where the holy spirit makes you Speak in Tongues in which the person talks jibberish while another person stands by and pretends to interpret the babbling. Darby spred that false doctrine just as he did the rapture doctrine. The truth of the matter is the bible speaks of two tongues: 1: Pentacostal tongue: This tongue was a one time deal in which the apostles were able to speak every language in the world at the same time. 2. Unknown tongue. (the greek says language you weren't born knowing) All this is is the fact god gave some people the ability to learn or interpret other languages. i.e spanish. French.

dadudemon
Originally posted by long pig
Darby and mcdonald were also responsible for the false doctrine where the holy spirit makes you Speak in Tongues in which the person talks jibberish while another person stands by and pretends to interpret the babbling. Darby spred that false doctrine just as he did the rapture doctrine. The truth of the matter is the bible speaks of two tongues: 1: Pentacostal tongue: This tongue was a one time deal in which the apostles were able to speak every language in the world at the same time. 2. Unknown tongue. (the greek says language you weren't born knowing) All this is is the fact god gave some people the ability to learn or interpret other languages. i.e spanish. French.

Good stuff on those other points.

And, yeah, that's how I interpret speaking in tongues. It's not a parlor trick or that crazy sh*t people do in churches/on TV: It's speaking another language. The churches that speak jibberish I call them the "hubbidda hubbidda" churches because most people say "hubbidda" quite a bit when speaking in tongues.

The fact that even a amateur could analyze their speech and clearly dicern that there is no actual language syntax occuring should more than prove it's just people acting like 3 years that are antsy.

long pig
I took a three year net break. And i agree the trinity doctrine is false. It came from the pagan sun god Ishtar religion(That is where we get the name Easter. They adopted many practices from the ishtar cult). Constantine was the first to mix the two religion. In fact he was the one who changed the sabbath from saturday to sunday to "honor the venerable day of the sun". Even lent is from that religion.

Shakyamunison
So, the Rapture is more of a false doctrine then Christianity itself?

King Castle
yes. you didnt know that?

it was funny when ppl back in the day when it first started planned for it waiting on hills waiting for the rapture after selling all their stuff or giving it always to the dude who was scamming them..

he kept changing the year till ppl got wise..

you can find the video history on youtube you'll laugh your @$$ off

Symmetric Chaos
I'm still on board with the premillennial dispensationalists!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I'm still on board with the premillennial dispensationalists!

JIA will be happy to hear that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.