Enterprise-E in the Delta Quadrant: Beat up like Voyager?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
If it was the Enterprise-E under the command of Picard and they were thrown into the Delta Quadrant, would they beat up like Voyager or would the fare better. Take into account the Enterprise-E was designed with fighting the Borg and Dominion in mind.

jaden101
It's a far better equipped ship and Picard is a far better captain but if First Contact is anything to go by he would never make any kind of concessions or alliances with the Borg.

"They invade our space...and we fall back...They assimilate entire worlds...and we fall back"

cGF1NP-FrCU&feature=related

So with that attitude they'd be assimilated pretty swiftly after entering Borg space.

Shakyamunison
They would have headed straight home and not gotten involved with as much of the politics as did Voyager.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
It's a far better equipped ship and Picard is a far better captain but if First Contact is anything to go by he would never make any kind of concessions or alliances with the Borg.

"They invade our space...and we fall back...They assimilate entire worlds...and we fall back"

So with that attitude they'd be assimilated pretty swiftly after entering Borg space.

Don't know, he has another black woman (Guinan) to quote Melville at him if need be, so he'd likely come to his senses for the greater good and leave the butt-hurt at the transporter.

DARTH POWER
Voyager was the fastest ship with the most advanced circuity and all that, but it wasnt very heavily armed.

Forget the Enterprise E, even the Enterprise D would have put the Kazon in their place.

dadudemon

cGF1NP-FrCU&feature=related

I disagree.

Picard experienced his "crisis" and got over it in Contact. That was pretty much his only "real" weakness: The Borg.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Voyager was the fastest ship with the most advanced circuity and all that, but it wasnt very heavily armed.

Forget the Enterprise E, even the Enterprise D would have put the Kazon in their place.

Also, the Enterprise E is more advanced than Voyager. It was launched in 2372 and Voyager launched in 2371. Enterprise E was the most advanced federation star-ship when it was launched which means, by default, it was more advanced than Voyager.

On top of that, by Nemesis, Enterprise E had be retro-fitted not once but twice: once before the events in Insurrection and once before the events in Nemesis.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by dadudemon

Also, the Enterprise E is more advanced than Voyager. It was launched in 2372 and Voyager launched in 2371. Enterprise E was the most advanced federation star-ship when it was launched which means, by default, it was more advanced than Voyager.

On top of that, by Nemesis, Enterprise E had be retro-fitted not once but twice: once before the events in Insurrection and once before the events in Nemesis.

True but im sure Voyager fans could argue that Voyager also had a few considerable upgrades in the Delta Quadrant including some borg technology integrated into the ship, so the ship with better technology could be argued.

But either way my point was in a combat situation Voyager was far behind the Enterprise E. Voyager never was a battle ship. In fact even the Enterprise -D was far more heavily armed than Voyager.

Unless of course you count the last episode with Voyager's ablative hull armour from the future, in which case Voyager would probably tromp over the whole of starfleet Lol

dadudemon
True but im sure Voyager fans could argue that Voyager also had a few considerable upgrades in the Delta Quadrant including some borg technology integrated into the ship, so the ship with better technology could be argued.

Just referring to the launch dates relative to the thread.

I was also pointing out that the ship was upgraded twice since it was created. So do we use the launch version or the "current" version? If we use the current version, it is MUCH larger and has far more weaponry than Voyager when Voyager first started.

If we use the absolute most upgraded version of voyager then Voyager has that uber ablative hull plating that could take a beat down, with ease, from multiple borg cubes.

But either way my point was in a combat situation Voyager was far behind the Enterprise E. Voyager never was a battle ship. In fact even the Enterprise -D was far more heavily armed than Voyager.

Unless of course you count the last episode with Voyager's ablative hull armour from the future, in which case Voyager would probably tromp over the whole of starfleet Lol

Indeed. That version of voyager could one shot multiple Borg Cubes. It has been so long that I don't remember them adapting to weapons. Did they adapt?

But, yeah, basically, that version could probably take on multiple federation ships, at once.

-Pr-
i remember how they used those voyager weapons in the star trek books afterwards, wasn't bad.

DARTH POWER

Indeed. That version of voyager could one shot multiple Borg Cubes. It has been so long that I don't remember them adapting to weapons. Did they adapt?

The borg hadnt yet adapted to the new technology.. they needed more time.

But Im not sure if the Armour survived the trip home though..

But yeah without the future technology Voyager wasnt a battleship. Its no match for a ship with the newer battle oriented technology like quantum torpedoes, ablative armour, regenerative shielding.

jaden101
They adapted to the futuristic cloaking device and ablative generator armour within a very short period of time.

They were also one-shotted by quantum torpedoes but adapted quickly which then rendered them useless...Photon torpedoes did extensive damage to a cube during the 1st encounter with the Borg but mere hours later they had absolutely no effect whatsoever.

Stands to reason they would adapt to transphasic weapons...The only reason we never saw this happen is because they were only used in the very last episode of Voyager towards the end.

-Pr-
They adapted to the futuristic cloaking device and ablative generator armour within a very short period of time.

They were also one-shotted by quantum torpedoes but adapted quickly which then rendered them useless...Photon torpedoes did extensive damage to a cube during the 1st encounter with the Borg but mere hours later they had absolutely no effect whatsoever.

Stands to reason they would adapt to transphasic weapons...The only reason we never saw this happen is because they were only used in the very last episode of Voyager towards the end.

when did they adapt to quantums?

dadudemon
Originally posted by -Pr-
when did they adapt to quantums?

First Contact in the battle above Earth.

-Pr-
First Contact in the battle above Earth.

at what point?

dadudemon
at what point?

12:30-12:50

durr

laughing

No idea. If you have it, watch the opening scene right until he point they go back in time.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
If it was the Enterprise-E under the command of Picard and they were thrown into the Delta Quadrant, would they beat up like Voyager or would the fare better. Take into account the Enterprise-E was designed with fighting the Borg and Dominion in mind.

simply put..no

-Pr-
12:30-12:50

durr

laughing

No idea. If you have it, watch the opening scene right until he point they go back in time.

i did. i didn't see the quantums get adapted to...

dadudemon
i did. i didn't see the quantums get adapted to...

I was being a smartass. I could have sworn the cube adpated to them or one of the commanding officers on the bridge said "two shots" or something. Then, they all focused on that "weak spot" and blowded it up.

Scratch that...
You know, I may be thinking of the Voyager episode "scorpion".

DARTH POWER
Nah in First Contact all the Starfleet ship weapons were clearly having an affect on the Borg ship.. That inlcudes the Photons and the Quantums.

Federation were a lot tougher at this point than they were at the time of the First borg attack.

They now had Defiant and Soverign class war vessels for front line defence.. Galaxy class upgraded to War Galaxy.. Plus Akira class defence vessels. Plus I think all Starfleet Starships were upgraded to some degree.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah they were having effect, just in a uncoordinated unfocused way. When Picard gave the order to strike on coordinates where optimum damage could occur, the Cube was screwed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.