Thanos vs Green Lanterns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
1st fight

Thanos

vs

Hal Jordan & kyle

fight takes place at the GL cor

No other lanterns around or gaurdians

2nd fight Sinestro added to the team

who wins ?

cdtm
Thanos wins, easily.

chomperx9
Originally posted by cdtm
Thanos wins, easily. even against the 3 ?

BobbyD
Originally posted by chomperx9
even against the 3 ?

My feeling is 3, especially of this caliber, could easily encapsulate him in some impenetrable bubble and then toss him into a star or black hole, never to be heard from again. That or they could hand deliver him to Michael who'd return/steal his soul from Death at a mere thought, and then torch him alive.

stick out tongue

Bentley
I see the three beating him at the end.

Mshinu
Thanos` Pimp Slap > GL shields, even 3 of them.

Black bolt z
3 might be too much.But he definitlly manhandles the two.

quanchi112
Thanos, 10/10.

iceman24567
2 lose the three win

Lunacyde
2 Win 4/10
3 win 8/10

Warlord
would Thanos beat 3 Surfers?
barelly but he would IMO.

he beats those 3 Lanterns too

Q99
Originally posted by Warlord
would Thanos beat 3 Surfers?
barelly but he would IMO.

he beats those 3 Lanterns too

IMO three'd take him.

Warlord
one was never able to give him a proper fight. 3 will but eventually fall

Bouboumaster
He pwn them.

Uriel005
Depends on if its current forms or not. Peak lanterns take this with ease. current not so much, brightest day might though. Hal on roid rage when he destroys Oa solo might be able to 3/10 take it solo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Uriel005
Depends on if its current forms or not. Peak lanterns take this with ease. current not so much, brightest day might though. Hal on roid rage when he destroys Oa solo might be able to 3/10 take it solo. What comics does this hal Jordan exist from where he can take Thanos by his lonesome ?

Mindset
Kyle solos

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Kyle solos That's just silly.

Mindset
And true.

D_Dude1210
Thanos can just teleport out of their shields if they try to encapsulate him or simply one shot it like he did Quasar's. stick out tongue How exactly are they gonna hurt him again?

Mindset
punch his head off

chomperx9
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Thanos can just teleport out of their shields if they try to encapsulate him or simply one shot it like he did Quasar's. stick out tongue How exactly are they gonna hurt him again? kyle traps thanos's left leg in a bubble Jordan traps the right leg in a bubble and sinestro traps Thanos's head in a bubble.

Then all 3 pull hard as hell

Warlord
or simply one shot it like he did Quasar's. stick out tongue

when?

Black bolt z
Thanos can win against 3.But I have my doubts.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Warlord
when?

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8749/energy112ck2.jpg

It was more impressive since a LOT of superheroes from Alpha Flight, X-Men and the Avengers (including Herc, Hulk, Colossus and Thor) couldn't even damage the sphere and all Thanos did was blast it and it shattered.

basilisk
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8749/energy112ck2.jpg

It was more impressive since a LOT of superheroes from Alpha Flight, X-Men and the Avengers (including Herc, Hulk, Colossus and Thor) couldn't even damage the sphere and all Thanos did was blast it and it shattered.

That's not a Thanos one-shot. The shield was being hammered by a ton of heroes beforehand and would have been taking some sort of damage because Quasar went off to do other things and was not actively reinforcing it. We've seen on other occasions that people can batter away at one of his unsupervised constructs and weaken and eventually break them down, this wouldn't be any different (we've also seen him hold off a number of blasts from Galactus with a shield he was actively reinforcing). Second, that was a combined blast from at least Warlock and Thanos from the inside, as clearly indicated by the smoking soul gem/gauntlet and Quasar's comment. Third, the dome was still taking a beating from the outside when the blast came from the inside.

No doubt an impressive blast from Thanos but not a one-shot of the shield.

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up for the most part.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by basilisk
That's not a Thanos one-shot. The shield was being hammered by a ton of heroes beforehand and would have been taking some sort of damage because Quasar went off to do other things and was not actively reinforcing it. We've seen on other occasions that people can batter away at one of his unsupervised constructs and weaken and eventually break them down, this wouldn't be any different (we've also seen him hold off a number of blasts from Galactus with a shield he was actively reinforcing). Second, that was a combined blast from at least Warlock and Thanos from the inside, as clearly indicated by the smoking soul gem/gauntlet and Quasar's comment. Third, the dome was still taking a beating from the outside when the blast came from the inside.

No doubt an impressive blast from Thanos but not a one-shot of the shield.

False. The clear presentation of the comic make it clear who one shot that construct. It wasn't warlock helping Thanos.. it was Thanos alone. The panel right before that has thanos saying he's going to bust out.. and then one shots the contruct. Quasar also didn't leave he was standing right there when it was one shot by THANOS and THANOS ALONE. Regardless, there is zero proof that any of Quasar contructs get weaker when he goes away or that the heroes did any significant damage to it that weakened it. NO PROOF of EITHER. Imagine me and my friends hitting a brick wall with our fists.. not going to do much damage.. my other friends pulls out a grenande.. that is the damage that matters.. not insignificant punches to the wall beforehand. There was ZERO mention of... the construct is weakening or ANY such narration that indicated they were doing a thing to it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ thumb up for the most part.

actually false for the most part.

OneDumbG0
^ Many heroes were banging away at his construct. True. Quasar's constructs are not invincible to a certain point, they can be stressed and can have stress accumulate to a breaking point. True. Quasar turned away and was not focusing on the construct when it finally blew. True. The dome was taking a beating from the outside and the inside. True.

Those are facts. Not opinions.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
actually false for the most part.
Lol

basilisk
False. The clear presentation of the comic make it clear who one shot that construct. It wasn't warlock helping Thanos.. it was Thanos alone. The panel right before that has thanos saying he's going to bust out.. and then one shots the contruct. Quasar also didn't leave he was standing right there when it was one shot by THANOS and THANOS ALONE.
Incorrect. The same panel shows that both Thanos and Warlock fired, hence the clear depiction of the gem and Thanos' gauntlets smoking with after effect. Leading to Quasar's comment 'they blew the dome' not 'Thanos blew the dome'.

Regardless, there is zero proof that any of Quasar contructs get weaker when he goes away or that the heroes did any significant damage to it that weakened it. NO PROOF of EITHER. Imagine me and my friends hitting a brick wall with our fists.. not going to do much damage.. my other friends pulls out a grenande.. that is the damage that matters.. not insignificant punches to the wall beforehand. There was ZERO mention of... the construct is weakening or ANY such narration that indicated they were doing a thing to it. Or imagine your friend tried to open a jar then gave up and handed it to you, and you opened it easily because they loosened it. Either scenario could happen.

I didn't say the shields get weaker because he goes away. They get weaker because a dozen heroes are pounding the crap out of it. And he was busy making a shield over Xavier and wasn't actively maintaining it. Other characters have eventually smashed through his shields after multiple hits - do you honestly think they did 0% damage in the first 5 hits then 100% smashed it with a some sort of super lucky punch on the 6th hit? Of course not - they weakened it. Same with what happens to Invisible Woman's shields when people pound through. Same as Bastion's shield in X-Men, where we were lucky enough to have Reed measuring the weakening done by the other characters (despite no real damage being shown) before Hope came in and 'one shotted' it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Many heroes were banging away at his construct. True. Quasar's constructs are not invincible to a certain point, they can be stressed and can have stress accumulate to a breaking point. True. Quasar turned away and was not focusing on the construct when it finally blew. True. The dome was taking a beating from the outside and the inside. True.

Those are facts. Not opinions.

Well the one MAIN point you let out which isn't a fact that he stated was that Warlock and Thanos blew it.. at no point was Warlock shown firing a blast that blew them it. Thanos said he was going to blow it and blew it by himself. The other thing he said that was incorrect but you gave him a correct for was... he said quasar FLEW OFF to do other things and wasn't playing attention to it. When in fact, he was standing RIGHT THERE as I said and simply had turned his head. So you're saying that he needs to be looking at the construct for it to maintain its integrity? Please say you aren't saying that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by basilisk
Incorrect. The same panel shows that both Thanos and Warlock fired, hence the clear depiction of the gem and Thanos' gauntlets smoking with after effect. Leading to Quasar's comment 'they blew the dome' not 'Thanos blew the dome'.

Or imagine your friend tried to open a jar then gave up and handed it to you, and you opened it easily because they loosened it. Either scenario could happen.

I didn't say the shields get weaker because he goes away. They get weaker because a dozen heroes are pounding the crap out of it. And he was busy making a shield over Xavier and wasn't actively maintaining it. Other characters have eventually smashed through his shields after multiple hits - do you honestly think they did 0% damage in the first 5 hits then 100% smashed it with a some sort of super lucky punch on the 6th hit? Of course not - they weakened it. Same with what happens to Invisible Woman's shields when people pound through. Same as Bastion's shield in X-Men, where we were lucky enough to have Reed measuring the weakening done by the other characters (despite no real damage being shown) before Hope came in and 'one shotted' it.

NO it NEVER SHOWS Warlock firing a blast that blows it up. Thanos and Thanos ONLY says he's going to blow it and then promptly one shots it. Quasar said THEY bloew it.... I wonder why.. hmmmm... very easy and common sense... Becaues he was watching the other heroes pounding on it while he was looking at it.. then turned away and it blew... what would your natural assumption and words be.. they blew it.. very simple.

You're analogy didn't change my analogy and it's possible validity. I already knew what you're trying to say.. however there is ZERO proof to what you're saying. Those blows could've very easily did next to nothing to the integrity of the construct. There was ZERO mention of ooo it's weakening under these blows.. NOTHING. In fact, quasar was unconcerned about their pounding and went to do other stuff. He can tell when his constructs are weakening or about to give. He gave ZERO indication that it was... then Thanos comes along and one shots it. Even if you feel they did some damage.. it certainly had weakened it any significant amount going by quasar actions and words. That is a fact.

OneDumbG0
Well the one MAIN point you let out which isn't a fact that he stated was that Warlock and Thanos blew it.. Pay attention to what my statement was: Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ thumb up for the most part. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
at no point was Warlock shown firing a blast that blew them it. Thanos said he was going to blow it and blew it by himself. I won't even get into the arguments over whether Warlock helped. It's not definitive either way as Quasar also stated "they blew it," rather than, "Thanos blew it." Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The other thing he said that was incorrect but you gave him a correct for was... he said quasar FLEW OFF to do other things and wasn't playing attention to it. When in fact, he was standing RIGHT THERE as I said and simply had turned his head. I said it was correct that Quasar turned away from focusing on the dome. That remains true. Don't put words into my mouth. Quasar's attention was diverted on-panel. His constructs are stronger when he specifically focuses on them. That also remains true. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So you're saying that he needs to be looking at the construct for it to maintain its integrity? Please say you aren't saying that. That's not what I said at all. I'm not going to entertain your meaningless and loaded straw-man question.

basilisk
Well the one MAIN point you let out which isn't a fact that he stated was that Warlock and Thanos blew it.. at no point was Warlock shown firing a blast that blew them it.
Well to be fair technically neither of them were shown firing a blast. We see a blast then see Thanos and Warlock with smoking energy residues in the next panel.

The other thing he said that was incorrect but you gave him a correct for was... he said quasar FLEW OFF to do other things and wasn't playing attention to it. When in fact, he was standing RIGHT THERE as I said and simply had turned his head.
Again, not quite - we see him creating a new shield to stop a surprise attack from Pip, and talking to Xavier, not just turning his head.

So you're saying that he needs to be looking at the construct for it to maintain its integrity? Please say you aren't saying that. No I'm not. He actually has 3 constructs on the go in those panels - the dome, Cap's megaphone, and the Pip shield. From the Quasar comics, he seems to be able to create a construct and leave it reasonably permanently and go away. However, if someone attacks such a construct when he is not actively maintaining it they can eventually break it down. He could also keep pumping energy into his constructs to actively maintain them for longer (what he seemed to be doing with Galactus in FF from what I recall - often this is shown as a beam still going from his bands to the object. e.g. See the beam from his band to the Pip shield, still there after it has done the job of stopping Pip).

To be honest I can't prove definitively if he was maintaining it or not - but I can say that sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't. In this case it looked like he was doing other things.

D_Dude1210
Fact of the matter was, there was no indication of damage when the heroes attacked it and it SEEMS to be implied by both artwork and dialogue that the dome wasn't taking any damage. As it would make more sense that Quasar would have been actively maintaining it or at least struggling to maintain it while it was being attacked by the heroes if it was being weakened by their assaults. After all, he WAS trying to keep them separated (Quasar detects damage on his constructs). When Thanos busted out of it,

As for Warlock helping, it makes more sense that Thanos broke it solo based on the dialogue "that felt good". Smoking soul gem COULD simply mean that he was just getting ready for a fight.

Dialogue-wise, Quasar going "they" prolly meant that he didn't know where the blast came from so he just mentioned "they".

I guess I can't prove it either way. And I see your points. So I won't really argue the case. Just seemed implied by the dialogue/art that Thanos busted out of it. stick out tongue

However, I really don't see Green Lanterns being able to inflict the damage needed to take Thanos down. Especially thru his shields. I also believe that he can easily shatter their shields. He's just way too powerful for these guys to take down. Would be a good fight, tho.

OneDumbG0
However, I really don't see Green Lanterns being able to inflict the damage needed to take Thanos down. Especially thru his shields. I also believe that he can easily shatter their shields. He's just way too powerful for these guys to take down. Would be a good fight, tho. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
Fact of the matter was, there was no indication of damage when the heroes attacked it and it SEEMS to be implied by both artwork and dialogue that the dome wasn't taking any damage. As it would make more sense that Quasar would have been actively maintaining it or at least struggling to maintain it while it was being attacked by the heroes if it was being weakened by their assaults. After all, he WAS trying to keep them separated (Quasar detects damage on his constructs). When Thanos busted out of it,

As for Warlock helping, it makes more sense that Thanos broke it solo based on the dialogue "that felt good". Smoking soul gem COULD simply mean that he was just getting ready for a fight.

Dialogue-wise, Quasar going "they" prolly meant that he didn't know where the blast came from so he just mentioned "they".

I guess I can't prove it either way. And I see your points. So I won't really argue the case. Just seemed implied by the dialogue/art that Thanos busted out of it. stick out tongue

However, I really don't see Green Lanterns being able to inflict the damage needed to take Thanos down. Especially thru his shields. I also believe that he can easily shatter their shields. He's just way too powerful for these guys to take down. Would be a good fight, tho.

You're exactly correct on all these points. Logic and common sense tell us that Thanos broke through Solo. I've been saying these exact things and you also put it nicely thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
And true. Now you're being just difficult.

celeyhyga17
Thanos wins in both...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.