Wonder Woman vs. Big Barda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kbclassof09
Who is the stronger female heroine?

Wonder Woman

http://filmonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/wonder-woman-300x298.jpg

or

Big Barda

http://texcap.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/big_barda_1sm.jpg

-K-M-
They have fought, and WW won.

kbclassof09
Wonder Woman won because she had flight and speed to her advantage. Im talking about strength.

Omega Vision
Still Wonder Woman. For comparison purposes Queen Bee was matching Big Barda in a scrap but wanted none of Wonder Woman.

Q99
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Still Wonder Woman. For comparison purposes Queen Bee was matching Big Barda in a scrap but wanted none of Wonder Woman.

Barda did beat QB.

I think strength-wise they're pretty even, personally.

Prep-Man
Barda beats Diana's ass now.

Juntai
Also in the Superman/Batman arc where Supergirl was introduced, Barda was with Wonderwoman against the Furies, and Barda was on the receiving end of a beating while Wonder Woman was doing alright, albeit struggling for someone who's meant to be nearly Superman's equal. It's another story that highlights the gap between Supes and his peers when he pours it on.

marwash22
no female character (in DC) can beat non-spayed Wondy.

EDIT: w/o reality warp.

-Pr-
I think Diana is stronger, personally. Not by a huge amount; just enough to be an actual difference.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by marwash22

Well Circe can. Unless you count magic under "reality warping".

Konton
Originally posted by marwash22

Maxima

wink

tideoftime
Well Circe can. Unless you count magic under "reality warping".

Circe's magic certainly is "reality-warping", in this context.

Generally, Diana is stronger than Barda -- BB makes up the difference by toughing it out and using skill to offset the (not major) divide between them... not unlike how WW has to do the same when fighting SM.

Generally speaking, only Maxima ganking out on the TK, or Powergirl, match WW's relative strength; Mary Marvel, Supergirl, and Donna come in behind them (in roughly that order), though, as per the norm for DC's take on physical strength, this doesn't equate to any gross measurment in tonnage -- just generalities. Barda would fit in with the latter set of females.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by tideoftime
Circe's magic certainly is "reality-warping", in this context.

Generally, Diana is stronger than Barda -- BB makes up the difference by toughing it out and using skill to offset the (not major) divide between them... not unlike how WW has to do the same when fighting SM.

Generally speaking, only Maxima ganking out on the TK, or Powergirl, match WW's relative strength; Mary Marvel, Supergirl, and Donna come in behind them (in roughly that order), though, as per the norm for DC's take on physical strength, this doesn't equate to any gross measurment in tonnage -- just generalities. Barda would fit in with the latter set of females.
When has Mary Marvel (unamped) shown greater strength than Supergirl?

tideoftime
When has Mary Marvel (unamped) shown greater strength than Supergirl?

I said *generally*. Supergirl is strong, and stronger than many give her credit for, but I just listed them in that order as Mary would *seem* to edge Kara out, even if only marginally. Keep in mind, actually *demonstrating* such between them would be difficult -- Mary should generally be as strong as Diana or Karen, barring situational circumstances, and that would put her ahead of Kara, though not majorly. When cutting down to the nitty-gritty, and just using the females I included, the order of:
Wonder Woman/Powergirl
Mary Marvel
Supergirl
Barda
Donna

... is *generally* correct, for how they are *usually* portrayed in the comics. Now, extra-factors relative to strength (durability, stamina, speed, skill, finesse, etc.) can have a bearing on things, certainly; Mary Marvel, for example, could well beat WW in a "who can hold up their side of the mountain longer" competition, or in a prolonged tug-of-war, due to Mary's superior long (loooonnnnngggg) term stamina. Conversly, WW (or Barda, for that matter) can out-skill her in a fight. But again, in terms of just brute strength, the above list is generally correct. (And, of course, the usually disclaimer: I ignore WW's current storyline for Forum purposes because it's just a story-arc, and not an inherent change in direction for the the character/her portrayal, because it skews the subject matter too far.)

Stoic
Originally posted by Konton
Maxima

wink

Yeah I always thought Maxi could give Diana a run too. If she used all of her powers that is.

Konton
Maxima was the only member of the Adventures of Superman JLA (issue #498 IIRC) lineup that was able to throw punches with Doomsday alongside Superman.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Stoic
Yeah I always thought Maxi could give Diana a run too. If she used all of her powers that is. This but more than likely she fails like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/speed5.jpg

BruceSkywalker
current Diana, not in the least

classic Diana, is stronger

Konton
Originally posted by iceman24567
This but more than likely she fails like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/speed5.jpg

Maxima has downed Superman with her eye blasts too, though. She also pwnd Orion with them IIRC.

Prep-Man
That was a TP blast.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Prep-Man
That was a TP blast. thumb up

kbclassof09
Does anyone have strength feats barda has done? If so post them.

Konton
She doesn't really have lifting feats. Just combat.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Konton
She doesn't really have lifting feats. Just combat.
par for the course for pretty much every New God.

Q99
Originally posted by tideoftime
I said *generally*. Supergirl is strong, and stronger than many give her credit for, but I just listed them in that order as Mary would *seem* to edge Kara out, even if only marginally. Keep in mind, actually *demonstrating* such between them would be difficult -- Mary should generally be as strong as Diana or Karen, barring situational circumstances, and that would put her ahead of Kara, though not majorly. When cutting down to the nitty-gritty, and just using the females I included, the order of:
Wonder Woman/Powergirl
Mary Marvel
Supergirl
Barda
Donna

... is *generally* correct, for how they are *usually* portrayed in the comics. Now, extra-factors relative to strength (durability, stamina, speed, skill, finesse, etc.) can have a bearing on things, certainly; Mary Marvel, for example, could well beat WW in a "who can hold up their side of the mountain longer" competition, or in a prolonged tug-of-war, due to Mary's superior long (loooonnnnngggg) term stamina. Conversly, WW (or Barda, for that matter) can out-skill her in a fight. But again, in terms of just brute strength, the above list is generally correct. (And, of course, the usually disclaimer: I ignore WW's current storyline for Forum purposes because it's just a story-arc, and not an inherent change in direction for the the character/her portrayal, because it skews the subject matter too far.)

Also in raw hitting power, Barda has the mega rod amping hers.

kbclassof09
Should we count big barda "supporting the weight of a continent" as a strength feat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.