Cross Genre Match #18: Chun Li vs Elektra (With TP)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
No PIS, No CIS.

Elektra has telepathy here.

Who wins?

the ninjak
High end SFs are bullet dodgers and can smash cars with their chi amped fists.
Chuny deflects Elektra's sais with her blinding kicks then moves in to pumble Elektra.

Chun-Li is up there with Ken, Ryu and Guile in the finals mythos. Meaning the films and shows.

psycho gundam
chun-li does a fireball, elektra jumps over it, and then chun-li does her ultra combo ftw

iOQMObJAsmE&feature

the ninjak
This is just Street Fighter Alpha (the early years) and peak Chun-Li is faster than Ryu.

30RIXvcoRuw

marwash22
Thunder Thighs, ftw.

chomperx9
Chun Li can gather energy around her as well and use it as a weapon just like ryu and ken. I think elektra might be fast enough to dodge the HADO though but not some of her physical attacks.

chomperx9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
chun-li does a fireball, elektra jumps over it, and then chun-li does her ultra combo ftw

iOQMObJAsmE&feature it would take caps shield to block her super kick

Tha C-Master
Chun Li should smoke her, depending on especially in higher showings. I'll be back on later to see how this discussion goes.

Should have given TP to elektra Chun-li has area blanketing energy attacks. She'll stomp here.

The Nuul
Elektra stomps. Chung gets noob gamer controlling her.

chomperx9
Originally posted by 753
Should have given TP to elektra Chun-li has area blanketing energy attacks. She'll stomp here. IF TP was given to Elektra everyone would take advantage of that and say she wins with Telepathy.

I mean elektra has managed to whip wolverine before with an adamantium skeleton i think she could handle the hits from chun li. she might have to dodge the Hado though to stay alive

SamZED
Chun Li is super human by comicbook standarts.

Told you people we shoulda gone with Elektra vs Azula. miffed At least 'zula cant destroy a tank with a kick...

chomperx9
Originally posted by SamZED
Chun Li is super human by comicbook standarts.

Told you people we shoulda gone with Elektra vs Azula. miffed At least 'zula cant destroy a tank with a kick... I stated above that Elektra has managed to give wolverine a damn good fight and wear him out and tank some of his hits. chun li might have afew extra moves that elektra does not but i think elektra would still stand after getting hit from her.

SamZED
Originally posted by chomperx9
I stated above that Elektra has managed to give wolverine a damn good fight and wear him out and tank some of his hits. chun li might have afew extra moves that elektra does not but i think elektra would still stand after getting hit from her. Im familliar with Elektra's fihgts and feats. But SF "humans" are on completely different level, and Chun Li is a female top tier character.

Prep-Man
Chun Li.

Konton
It pains me to say it, but Chun Li.

Omega Vision
Can a mod edit to include tp?

I knew it should have been DS vs Classic Strange. sneer

marwash22
35" thighs > chi amping.Originally posted by Omega Vision

I knew it should have been DS vs Classic Strange. sneer that's what you get for voting for something Chomper was in favor of.

illadelph12
Smh...

chomperx9
Originally posted by Omega Vision

I knew it should have been DS vs Classic Strange. sneer I said afew months back Kitana from MK vs Elektra would have been a good fight and it would have been better than chun li vs elektra cause kitana is more steel leveler and is pretty agile like elektra and a damn good fighter, and none of her moves would own elektra in one hit unlike chun li's

chomperx9
Originally posted by marwash22
35" thighs > chi amping. that's what you get for voting for something Chomper was in favor of. yeah im the only one that voted. stop trolling

marwash22
yeah im the only one that voted. stop trolling http://images.memegenerator.net/trollface/ImageMacro/1931385/Lol-U-Mad.jpg

Tha C-Master
I think we should have had TP with energy attacks, and then just straight H2h with no Tp or chi.

marwash22
Well, with TP, it's a stomp in Elektra's favor since Chun-Li hasn't displayed any resistance to it.

psycho gundam
35" thighs yeah, she's thick as fcuk

i'm looking out for a real-life version of her, it's on my "to do" list

-Pr-
yeah, she's thick as fcuk

shifty

Omega Vision
yeah, she's thick as fcuk

Heh.

Tha C-Master
Well, with TP, it's a stomp in Elektra's favor since Chun-Li hasn't displayed any resistance to it. How good is her TP? Chun Li has fought guys like Bison.

Q99
This version of Chunners doesn't look so overwhelming and has weak energy attacks:
xjkrjcwU6eg

Seeing as I nominated to begin with, let's go with that.

Also something I'd note, Elektra has weapons, Chun Li does not, so that's something of a counter factor to strength difference.

Omega Vision
What kind of tp does Elektra have? Is it like Gorilla Grodd level or higher mind raping or more like Mister X, passive mind reading?

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Q99
This version of Chunners doesn't look so overwhelming and has weak energy attacks:
xjkrjcwU6eg

Seeing as I nominated to begin with, let's go with that.

Also something I'd note, Elektra has weapons, Chun Li does not, so that's something of a counter factor to strength difference. Yea, all characters in gameplay don't show as much as they do outside of it. It's more of a game-balance thing. Even Akuma doesn't look as menacing, but for the sake of balance it might not hurt. Canonically, Chun Li can destroy tanks with kicks and stop cars with her blasts.

What kind of tp does Elektra have? Is it like Gorilla Grodd level or higher mind raping or more like Mister X, passive mind reading? You got me, people mention it but I haven't seen much of it. All higher level SF characters have mind control resistance, Bison used that tech. They have great will.

Q99
What kind of tp does Elektra have? Is it like Gorilla Grodd level or higher mind raping or more like Mister X, passive mind reading?

It's described as 'throwing' her mind into people, and she can control someone's actions or at least stun them. Partially dependent on the mind of the target.

Here's her controlling a buncha hand ninja to take out their boss.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
It's described as 'throwing' her mind into people, and she can control someone's actions or at least stun them. Partially dependent on the mind of the target.

Here's her controlling a buncha hand ninja to take out their boss.
I'm pretty sure I could control Hand Ninjas with reverse psychology and/or ventriloquism. They suck. stick out tongue

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Q99

Here's her controlling a buncha hand ninja to take out their boss. So it is effective, but it is more lower level. That is good to know since some people make it out to be an auto win for her.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
So it is effective, but it is more lower level. That is good to know since some people make it out to be an auto win for her.
Eh, the worst wanking seems to be on the SF side.

Apparently Chun Li can kick the shit out of anything with less durability than Captain America's shield.

Tha C-Master
Eh, the worst wanking seems to be on the SF side.

Apparently Chun Li can kick the shit out of anything with less durability than Captain America's shield. I haven't seen anything *too* bad, but every character has their fanboys. I wasn't saying people so much "wanked" TP as much as they made it an auto win for her without really knowing the limits.

Canonically Chun Li can stop a car though, and she has kicked a tank to shreds. The SF characters operate on a higher level than most realize, but they also have different forms of media. Their gameplay versions are weaker for gameplay and story segregation. You aren't going to see things like Gouki smashing islands in game for obvious reasons. It would be too OTT.

marwash22
I dont think Elektra actually Mindrapes... not in the way GG or MM do; she's more of the "make you see things that aren't there" type (illusionist). There's also that canary cry thing she can do.

Q99
There's different levels of SF characters, some are pretty high-end, but we are not using the high-end ones.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Q99
There's different levels of SF characters, some are pretty high-end, but we are not using the high-end ones. If Akuma is top tier with Shin Bison, Gill, and Seth then Ryu would be the next tier (before he hits his potential), Chun Li would be slightly weaker but in the same range. Beyond Elektra. They need to do an Akuma vs Iron Man, that might have ruled. smile

I feel Akuma would destroy Iron Man.

Regarding elektra's TP, it dealswith control over other people's chi, so chi based warriors might have some defense against it. With CIS on, I don't see Elektra winning a majority even if her TP powers are allowed.

chomperx9
I think we should only use the feats from the comic books of the SF characters or the anime series cause the moves in the games can just about whipe out any streel leveler

Omega Vision
can just about whipe out anyone.
Lulz.

chomperx9
Lulz. fixed. my bad should have been more specific.

are we good ?

Konton
Her telepathy has never been stated to be related to chi in any way. The only possible way you could draw that conclusion would be from Drake's dialogue when they initially fought in Elektra's (second?) ongoing. Drake said Elektra was all flash and "spilled chi everywhere." That would still be a stretch though. The mystical Hand stuff has always been hinted to be just that, mystical.

The most impressive telepathic, and otherwise superhuman, feats Elektra has accomplished took place during Elektra: Assassin. During this series she was swapping the bodies of herself and other people for months at a time, broadcasting illusions from vast distances (all the way to Fury who was watching her on camera from an unknown location), causing so much strain on the minds of SHIELD operatives that they suffered brain hemorrhages and died, and continually forced Garret in and out of consciousness on a whim.

Outside of Assassin her psychic powers have, as already shown, included crowd control, long term hallucinations, and short to mid range communication, with the latter of the three occurring frequently with Wolverine, who has notable telepathic resistance.

Q99
If Akuma is top tier with Shin Bison, Gill, and Seth then Ryu would be the next tier (before he hits his potential), Chun Li would be slightly weaker but in the same range. Beyond Elektra. They need to do an Akuma vs Iron Man, that might have ruled. smile

I'm talking about different versions more-so than the in universe character tiers. Game versions are really strong, some others less so. We're using a weaker version of Chun Li.

Udon versions are a fair bit lower and not even Akuma quite shows that level of power. No island smushing, heck, not even much more than destroyed buildings for the top-tier ones.

Tha C-Master
I think Akuma might be much for Iron Man, but Iron Man has some awesome feats. Akuma might be herald level. Not sure.

Originally posted by Q99
I'm talking about different versions more-so than the in universe character tiers. Game versions are really strong, others less so. We're using a weaker version of Chun Li.

Udon versions are a fair bit lower and not even Akuma quite shows that level of power. No island smushing, heck, not even much more than destroyed buildings for the top-tier ones. Oh yea, well then different media of course. I've always said that.

Her TP would help some, but it wouldn't be an auto-win IMO.

psycho gundam
If Akuma is top tier with Shin Bison, Gill, and Seth then Ryu would be the next tier (before he hits his potential), Chun Li would be slightly weaker but in the same range. healthy gen high up, and oro with his arm unsealed is equal to shin akuma

not sure if seth is that strong, gouki could probably kill him in his holding back state

Tha C-Master
healthy gen high up, and oro with his arm unsealed is equal to shin akuma

not sure if seth is that strong, gouki could probably kill him in his holding back state Gouken as well.

Akuma has the best feats though. Seth is still in the top level, he might not be as strong as some of the others, but he is their peers.

Originally posted by Konton
Her telepathy has never been stated to be related to chi in any way. The only possible way you could draw that conclusion would be from Drake's dialogue when they initially fought in Elektra's (second?) ongoing. Drake said Elektra was all flash and "spilled chi everywhere." That would still be a stretch though. The mystical Hand stuff has always been hinted to be just that, mystical.

The most impressive telepathic, and otherwise superhuman, feats Elektra has accomplished took place during Elektra: Assassin. During this series she was swapping the bodies of herself and other people for months at a time, broadcasting illusions from vast distances (all the way to Fury who was watching her on camera from an unknown location), causing so much strain on the minds of SHIELD operatives that they suffered brain hemorrhages and died, and continually forced Garret in and out of consciousness on a whim.

Outside of Assassin her psychic powers have, as already shown, included crowd control, long term hallucinations, and short to mid range communication, with the latter of the three occurring frequently with Wolverine, who has notable telepathic resistance. This states she controls others' ki with her mind.
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/Skill/Elektra_Skill_Elektra_Root_Of_Ev-4.jpg

psycho gundam
Gouken as well.

Akuma has the best feats though. Seth is still in the top level, he might not be as strong as some of the others, but he is their peers. is gouken retconned into being alive, and/or is he there just for the sake of having him in the game?

Tha C-Master
Well SF4 takes place between 2 and 3. Who knows what happens to him by the 3rd game. That retcon was silly though.

Badabing

I knew it should have been DS vs Classic Strange. sneer Edited. Use a PM next time. sneer

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Badabing
Edited. Use a PM next time. sneer
biscuits

Q99
is gouken retconned into being alive, and/or is he there just for the sake of having him in the game?

He's retconned to being alive. His original 'fatal' fight with Akuma put his body into a death-like state, and with the strength of his spirit he managed to spend years to recover from it.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Q99
He's retconned to being alive. His original 'fatal' fight with Akuma put his body into a death-like state, and with the strength of his spirit he managed to spend years to recover from it. Yea he is officially alive, though it is hard to say where it went after that.

Existere
Originally posted by 753
This states she controls others' ki with her mind.
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/Skill/Elektra_Skill_Elektra_Root_Of_Ev-4.jpg Controlling ki with her mind is not equivalent to controlling minds with others' ki.

Elektra has done things with chi/ki, and she has tricks that have never been linked to it, which makes complete sense given that the Hand have all sorts of mojo that is implied to be more mystical than chi related.

Telepathy falls under the latter category.

Q99
With TP, I do think Elektra's going to get a nice share of wins.

Originally posted by Existere
Controlling ki with her mind is not equivalent to controlling minds with others' ki.

Elektra has done things with chi/ki, and she has tricks that have never been linked to it, which makes complete sense given that the Hand have all sorts of mojo that is implied to be more mystical than chi related.

Telepathy falls under the latter category. Your post makes no sense. She controls other people's Ki with her mind . If they have Ki manipulation powers of their own, it's conceivable they can resist external influences on it.

Tha C-Master
So this thread just stopped because Chun pretty much stomps? Well not at weaker versions, but still.

jinzin
So this thread just stopped because Chun pretty much stomps? Well not at weaker versions, but still.

Eh I don't really agree....

There's been a lot of bluntly put... lies in this thread. And terrible logically unsound argumentation at that.

For one, Chun Li from Alpha didn't do squat but beat up a few thugs.
And this nonsense talk that she's on the same level of Ken and Ryu is just bullshit.

In Alpha she was shocked to see Ryu dodging bullets so that little movie doesn't account much for her speed.

And she may be typically on Guile's level, but he's also typically not even remotely close to as skilled, powerful or fast as Ryu and Ken.

Chun Li's feats are actually few and far between. We know that Street Fighter characters can take apart a car and Chun Li's "supposed" to be able to kick a tank apart.

I actually think the USA toon Chun Li was the only one that I've seen kick one apart... but I digress.

Udon is definitely the most powerful version with quantifiable feats of any sort.

Where it concerns Elektra's TP nowhere EVER has it been stated to be her manipulating chi.... and if that's the bullshit argument these people choose to believe then they need to realize that you presumably mean that Chun Li, a heavy chi, user would have more chi for Elektra to manipulate... Just stupid.

In any case, as I've said before.. Elektra is a character who gets written down to fight street level characters quite literally to the admission of various writers... She's the Superman of the street level tier constantly not using powers she's shown and displayed numerous times to give people a fighting shot who have no business fighting her. And where her TP is concerned it's presumably mystical in nature but very effective... She's successfully used it to block Jean Grey from reading her thoughts and used it to communicate to Wolverine.

As far as the fight's concerned....

Chun li IMO has the ranged energy attacks but I don't think they're powerful enough to drop Elektra who stood up to an optic blast to the face. At least not one... If Li manages to land several of them on Elektra then E's definitely in trouble.

IMO Li has faster limb speed at a constant rate while Elektra has faster burst speed.

They look to have about the same level of agility but Elektra's much faster when using it.

Li is physically a lot more powerful but with Elektra's superhuman durability I think Elektra could tank a number of her hits before being put down.

Finally, Elektra probably has more skill than Li in strict h2h in that her techniques are more refined where Li comes off almost like a bruiser in come respects. Elektra can slice apart the strongest alloys SHIELD has to offer with a rusty katana, I don't think Li would offer much resistance to her sais.

If Elektra effectively uses her TP it could be a stomp in her favor against Li.

If not, then I see this as a draw... They both have potential to end this fight when landing their first attack. Elektra can likely dodge or evade almost everything Li has to offer but at the same time would be hard pressed to close the gap on Li's fast as hell legs without taking one of those "decimates a car or tank in seconds" quick kicks to the face.

Either way it's a good matchup and definitely not a stomp in anyone's favor sans Elektra's effective use of TP. wink

Originally posted by jinzin
Where it concerns Elektra's TP nowhere EVER has it been stated to be her manipulating chi.... and if that's the bullshit argument these people choose to believe then they need to realize that you presumably mean that Chun Li, a heavy chi, user would have more chi for Elektra to manipulate... Just stupid.
Yeah, this scan says it unambiguously.http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/Skill/Elektra_Skill_Elektra_Root_Of_Ev-4.jpg

I'm not sure I get the rest of your post, but it sounds like you're sugesting that if her TP is based in mental contorol over other people's Chi, then characters with Chi amp would be more vulnerable to it. This is bizarre, as their powers are based on voluntary control over their own Chi and no one would claim Iron Fist would be more vulnerable to Elektra's mind control trick shown in the scan than The Hand ninja, because he has so much more Chi than they do. She'd have to wrestle control over it from him and we could expect some active resistance on his part.

Existere
Originally posted by 753
Your post makes no sense. She controls other people's Ki with her mind . Correct.

She also has telepathy.

jinzin
Originally posted by 753
Yeah, this scan says it unambiguously.http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt14/elektrarespectthread/Skill/Elektra_Skill_Elektra_Root_Of_Ev-4.jpg

I'm not sure I get the rest of your post, but it sounds like you're sugesting that if her TP is based in mental contorol over other people's Chi, then characters with Chi amp would be more vulnerable to it. This is bizarre, as their powers are based on voluntary control over their own Chi and no one would claim Iron Fist would be more vulnerable to Elektra's mind control trick shown in the scan than The Hand ninja, because he has so much more Chi than they do. She'd have to wrestle control over it from him and we could expect some active resistance on his part.

For the first part.
What he (Existere) said..... no expression

For the second. You don't seem to understand the catch 22 that your argumentation resides in. If Elektra's only able to use telepathy as a result of Ki manipulation like you suggest, then it only stands to reason that those with higher amounts of ki would have more substance for Elektra to manipulate....

The reason why you don't see people arguing this Iron Fist nonsense is because your argument is faulty from the start.

She can manipulate others' ki... sure, and that's nice... that doesn't explain her telepathy.... which is something else entirely.

For the first part.
What he (Existere) said..... no expression

For the second. You don't seem to understand the catch 22 that your argumentation resides in. If Elektra's only able to use telepathy as a result of Ki manipulation like you suggest, then it only stands to reason that those with higher amounts of ki would have more substance for Elektra to manipulate....

The reason why you don't see people arguing this Iron Fist nonsense is because your argument is faulty from the start.

She can manipulate others' ki... sure, and that's nice... that doesn't explain her telepathy.... which is something else entirely. Her brand of mind control is described as manipulation of the ki of others. But assuming she has other telepathic powers of a completely different nature, mind control shouldn't count among them.

The idea that a Chi fighter is more vulnerable to outside Chi manipulation is absurd. Not only do they have more substance, they also have voluntary control over it, unlike regular people. It only stands to reason that it would take an active effort in wrestling control over their lifeforce away from them. Nobody would say Elektra can use that trick on IF because his control over his own Chi > her gimmick.

Tha C-Master
Eh I don't really agree....

There's been a lot of bluntly put... lies in this thread. And terrible logically unsound argumentation at that.

For one, Chun Li from Alpha didn't do squat but beat up a few thugs.
And this nonsense talk that she's on the same level of Ken and Ryu is just bullshit.

In Alpha she was shocked to see Ryu dodging bullets so that little movie doesn't account much for her speed.

And she may be typically on Guile's level, but he's also typically not even remotely close to as skilled, powerful or fast as Ryu and Ken.

Chun Li's feats are actually few and far between. We know that Street Fighter characters can take apart a car and Chun Li's "supposed" to be able to kick a tank apart.

I actually think the USA toon Chun Li was the only one that I've seen kick one apart... but I digress.

Udon is definitely the most powerful version with quantifiable feats of any sort.

In any case, as I've said before.. Elektra is a character who gets written down to fight street level characters quite literally to the admission of various writers... She's the Superman of the street level tier constantly not using powers she's shown and displayed numerous times to give people a fighting shot who have no business fighting her. And where her TP is concerned it's presumably mystical in nature but very effective... She's successfully used it to block Jean Grey from reading her thoughts and used it to communicate to Wolverine.

As far as the fight's concerned....

Chun li IMO has the ranged energy attacks but I don't think they're powerful enough to drop Elektra who stood up to an optic blast to the face. At least not one... If Li manages to land several of them on Elektra then E's definitely in trouble.

IMO Li has faster limb speed at a constant rate while Elektra has faster burst speed.

They look to have about the same level of agility but Elektra's much faster when using it.

Li is physically a lot more powerful but with Elektra's superhuman durability I think Elektra could tank a number of her hits before being put down.

Finally, Elektra probably has more skill than Li in strict h2h in that her techniques are more refined where Li comes off almost like a bruiser in come respects. Elektra can slice apart the strongest alloys SHIELD has to offer with a rusty katana, I don't think Li would offer much resistance to her sais.

If Elektra effectively uses her TP it could be a stomp in her favor against Li.

If not, then I see this as a draw... They both have potential to end this fight when landing their first attack. Elektra can likely dodge or evade almost everything Li has to offer but at the same time would be hard pressed to close the gap on Li's fast as hell legs without taking one of those "decimates a car or tank in seconds" quick kicks to the face.

Either way it's a good matchup and definitely not a stomp in anyone's favor sans Elektra's effective use of TP. wink

About time someone posted, although I knew you would. Nevertheless I doubt there will be any "shocking changes" on either side so I won't go into it expecting such.

Firstly as of SF3 (latest canonically) the tiers are:

God: Gill, Oro (Unsealed), Akuma, Shin Bison, and Shin Gouken (if alive).
Top: Ryu, Urien, Sagat, etc.
2nd: Ken, Chun Li (roughly)

And on and on.

Ken hasn't caught up with Ryu since he had his kids. Chun Li isn't quite up to par with Ryu but can give him a good fight. Chun Li is very, very powerful. Elektra is impressive, but from the majority of her showings she simply doesn't match up to Li physically IMO. Not faster, not more attack power, and I don't see her having more skill *especially* if you include Chun Li's ultimate moves. Their world revolves around fighting skill and chi manip and that's where their "powers" come from. Elektra may have some use with her TP, but it isn't going to be an Xavier style shutdown like people suggest in a lot of her threads. After dealing with somone like Bison, I'm sure she has the will to fight it off.

I still give Chun Li a good majority at her highest. If she's on a lower showing they are around equal footing I suppose.

jinzin
Originally posted by 753
Her brand of mind control is described as manipulation of the ki of others. But assuming she has other telepathic powers of a completely different nature, mind control shouldn't count among them.

The idea that a Chi fighter is more vulnerable to outside Chi manipulation is absurd. Not only do they have more substance, they also have voluntary control over it, unlike regular people. It only stands to reason that it would take an active effort in wrestling control over their lifeforce away from them. Nobody would say Elektra can use that trick on IF because his control over his own Chi > her gimmick.

Are you dense or something? There's no assumption going on. Read Elektra Assassin; she display multiple telepathic abilities and none of it is related to ki manipulation.

It's only absurd to you because it's based on an absurd premise... one that you made up. Nobody would say that because no one would be stupid enough to argue that Elektra's telepathic abilities are exclusive to ki manipulation.

What are you not understanding?
Either Elektra is able to only manipulate ki.. which is pretty far fetched given what she's done to people who don't have, hone or use it.... Or she has telepathic abilities that are not limited to ki "gimmicks"..... one of those is an accurate statement.. one isn't.

jinzin

Ken hasn't caught up with Ryu since he had his kids. Chun Li isn't quite up to par with Ryu but can give him a good fight. Chun Li is very, very powerful. Elektra is impressive, but from the majority of her showings she simply doesn't match up to Li physically IMO. Not faster, not more attack power, and I don't see her having more skill *especially* if you include Chun Li's ultimate moves. Their world revolves around fighting skill and chi manip and that's where their "powers" come from. Elektra may have some use with her TP, but it isn't going to be an Xavier style shutdown like people suggest in a lot of her threads. After dealing with somone like Bison, I'm sure she has the will to fight it off.

I still give Chun Li a good majority at her highest. If she's on a lower showing they are around equal footing I suppose.
Chun Li's a powerhouse.
Elektra's a precision...uhhh house..

I do think Elektra has faster burst speed and more impressive skill even sometimes inclusive with the use of her chi.. but like you said we probably won't change each others minds so I'll just leave it at that.

Tha C-Master
Chun Li's a powerhouse.
Elektra's a precision...uhhh house..

I do think Elektra has faster burst speed and more impressive skill even sometimes inclusive with the use of her chi.. but like you said we probably won't change each others minds so I'll just leave it at that. I'm actually disappointed it was so short. Well we can at least discuss something... man you suck. I was waiting on this loooong post. sad It's one of those things you hate to break down but it is kinda fun when you get into it.

Are you dense or something? There's no assumption going on. Read Elektra Assassin; she display multiple telepathic abilities and none of it is related to ki manipulation. She may have other TP powers that do not envolve ki manipulation, this isn't what is in discussion here though. At least one of the powers commonly atributed to her telepathic feats (a main one as far as actual mindraping is concerned) are a form of Ki control and unless another explanation for the mechanism of her mind control powers was explicitly given, there's no reason to assume she has 2 brands of mind control, one that is based on ki and another one that isn't.

You can just say her mind control isn't telepathy at all, but she does have some telepathy that works through ways other than ki. This is all fine and dandy, but it would exclude her mind control feats from her TP repertoire.

This was weak. You are the one who made the point that if she controls others' ki with her mind, then ki fighters are more vulnerable to it because they have more ki to manipulate. This is absurd because they also have control over their ki, so it's reasnobale that they can resist outside influence on it. She wouldn't have an easier time controlling IF's ki than she did those ninjas' ki.

Her other powers might work just fine, but that's a different matter.

She may have both powers, but this isn't the point being argued. Ki ampers aren't more vulnerable to ki control.

The fact that she can manipulate people who do not ki amp does not refute the possibilty that she was using ki control in them either. Everyone has lifeforce, which is what ki is and it should be easier to affect those who can't control their own ki.

jinzin
Originally posted by 753
She may have other TP powers that do not envolve ki manipulation, this isn't what is in discussion here though. At least one of the powers commonly atributed to her telepathic feats (a main one as far as actual mindraping is concerned) are a form of Ki control and unless another explanation for the mechanism of her mind control powers was explicitly given, there's no reason to assume she has 2 brands of mind control, one that is based on ki and another one that isn't.

You can just say her mind control isn't telepathy at all, but she does have some telepathy that works through ways other than ki. This is all fine and dandy, but it would exclude her mind control feats from her TP repertoire.
No it wouldn't.
That's the issue. You're telling us that it's an assumption that Elektra's able to pull a huge mass of feats simply based on manipulation of ki.... Which is a rediculous argument when half the people she's mind raped are not ki users or are described in depth as a legitimate feat of telepathic ability.

I guess she's able to mind swap as a result of Ki manipulation too... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by 753
This was weak. You are the one who made the point that if she controls others' ki with her mind, then ki fighters are more vulnerable to it because they have more ki to manipulate. This is absurd because they also have control over their ki, so it's reasnobale that they can resist outside influence on it. She wouldn't have an easier time controlling IF's ki than she did those ninjas' ki.

Why not? She can easily manipulate a dozen men at once, it stands to reason she would have a much easier time doing it to one person even with a supposed higher control level... which is an assumption on your part that Iron Fist would be able to fight it off.

Just because Reed Richards is smarter than most of the known world on 616 it doesn't make him less likely to get mind raped by Professor X on a bad day... You know who IS? Someone in a berserker rage. Funny that.

Originally posted by 753
Her other powers might work just fine, but that's a different matter.

She may have both powers, but this isn't the point being argued. Ki ampers aren't more vulnerable to ki control.

The fact that she can manipulate people who do not ki amp does not refute the possibilty that she was using ki control in them either. Everyone has lifeforce, which is what ki is and it should be easier to affect those who can't control their own ki. Yeah it IS the point being argued, because it's the point YOU brought up. You want to insist her telepathic powers are a direct contribution of ki manipulation and exclusive to it.... which for anyone who's actually read assassin... knows is bullshit. It's that simple.

You apparently think Ki ampers are less vulnerable to ki control..... do you have proof?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Chun Li beats her down. Depending on which version we're using at least.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Chun Li beats her down. Depending on which version we're using at least. Pretty much. The most overpowered version is likely that Capcom vs SNK manga, they had characters ripping through reality with punches and all kind of stuff. Superman level crap.

Q99
Pretty much. The most overpowered version is likely that Capcom vs SNK manga, they had characters ripping through reality with punches and all kind of stuff. Superman level crap.

As opposed to the Udon comics, where guns are a threat to most of the fighters smile

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Q99
As opposed to the Udon comics, where guns are a threat to most of the fighters smile Yea, I guess it makes sense seeing as they are all made by different people at different times.

No it wouldn't.
That's the issue. You're telling us that it's an assumption that Elektra's able to pull a huge mass of feats simply based on manipulation of ki.... Which is a rediculous argument when half the people she's mind raped are not ki users or are described in depth as a legitimate feat of telepathic ability.

I guess she's able to mind swap as a result of Ki manipulation too... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Read the post, I said it doesnt matter whther or not she has other powers, because there is no reason to assume she mind controls others through more than one mechanism. Everyone has ki, it makes no difference that they're not ki users.

Yeah that's the same thing facepalm. Intelligence has nothing to do with telepathy and berserker rage has even less to do with this discussion.

IF has control over his chi, regular people don't. It makes sense that he can shrug off external manipulation of his ki since he can manipulate it himself. It's the same as characters with a degree of control over their own molecules resisiting matter manipulation. IIRC he already has some feats similar to this. I'll look them up.

No reading comprehension, I see. As I said, she may very well have TP powers of a totally different nature, but the mind control she displayed against the hand isn't among them - even though people mostly refer to mindcontrol as a TP feat for her - and you claimed Ki ampers would be more vulnerable to ki manipulation from her, which is silly.

I based it on common sense, but i'll look something up. Do you have any evidence that they'd be more vulnerable?

jinzin
Pretty much. The most overpowered version is likely that Capcom vs SNK manga, they had characters ripping through reality with punches and all kind of stuff. Superman level crap.

yeah. that was crazy.

jinzin
Originally posted by 753
Read the post, I said it doesnt matter whther or not she has other powers, because there is no reason to assume she mind controls others through more than one mechanism. Everyone has ki, it makes no difference that they're not ki users.

Yeah that's the same thing facepalm. Intelligence has nothing to do with telepathy and berserker rage has even less to do with this discussion.

IF has control over his chi, regular people don't. It makes sense that he can shrug off external manipulation of his ki since he can manipulate it himself. It's the same as characters with a degree of control over their own molecules resisiting matter manipulation. IIRC he already has some feats similar to this. I'll look them up.

No reading comprehension, I see. As I said, she may very well have TP powers of a totally different nature, but the mind control she displayed against the hand isn't among them - even though people mostly refer to mindcontrol as a TP feat for her - and you claimed Ki ampers would be more vulnerable to ki manipulation from her, which is silly.

I based it on common sense, but i'll look something up. Do you have any evidence that they'd be more vulnerable?

So you have no proof then.. that's all you had to say....

And this plea towards common sense is completely built on speculation to begin with so that too is a fail.

Look, you tried to claim that Elektra's TP is exclusive to Ki manipulation... like someone said earlier... She can manipulate ki... she ALSO has TP. And anyone with a passing familiarity of her character would know this.
Her telepathic attributes are gone into IN DEPTH in Elektra Assassin.

Would you like to try to prove that Elektra can swap minds with other people based on a form of Ki manipulation? Because that's what your argument assumes... That the illusions she can cast, the ability to block telepathy, the ability to swap minds for months at a time, mind wipe people etc etc are ALL the result of Ki manipulation and not real telepathy.... It's a stretch and a MAJOR one at that. Especially when SHIELD files specifically state that she has telepathic abilities... no expression

Now this non sequitur we're on at the moment is almost too rediculous to warrant a response because you're failing to get the point.

It's an admittedly bullshit argument based off of an equally bullshit premise.....
But if her telepathic abilities were exclusive to KI alone how come she's able to use it with Logan?

The reason I brought up intelligence is because when it comes to telepathy having more brainpower, and more ability to use your brain doesn't automatically make you less likely to be manipulated. There's no proof that Rand would be less likely to succumb to it than anyone else. Speculation? sure... but no proof.

The issue is that the proof you HAVE brought to set up this ridiculous premise also driectly states that Elektra's lashing out with her MIND.... It doesn't say she's overwhelming them with her ki, but taking their ki... with her mind...

The bottem line is that she has telepathic abilities that are not exclusive to ki or tied in with it in anyway as she's proven.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.