Seth vs Depowered Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who claims victory?

Seth- http://marvel.com/universe/Seth

KuRuPT Thanosi
DP tyrant.. n really... with little difficulty

Colossus-Big C
is DP Tyrant>Odin?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
is DP Tyrant>Odin?

IMO yes he is. The gap to me at least is very evident

Black bolt z
Seth

Prep-Man
Seth.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What on God's green earth are the people saying Seth with win basing this on?

King Castle
i cant see seth organically degrading tyrant since he is a galactus creation cyborg type being.. is tyrant even organic?

i dont see tyrant being able to bludgeon him to death. mhmm

iceman24567
Seth

KuRuPT Thanosi
Honestly, Tyrant wins with little difficulty

Colossus-Big C
some people have brought up good points of odin being>dp tyrant before

iceman24567
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Honestly, Tyrant wins with little difficulty Are just going to spam the same shit or prove it?
some people have brought up good points of odin being>dp tyrant before Odin is > Tyrant. Tyrant has no feats that put him over Odin simple

Omega Vision
IMO yes he is. The gap to me at least is very evident
Yes. To you at least. biscuits

TheLordofMurder
I agree 100% with the view point that DP Tyrant has no feats to suggest he is more powerful than Odin; Thanos had far more success against DP Tyrant than he did against Odin...and that speaks volumes IMHO.

As pertains DP Tyrant vs Seth...I am not sure...is Seth a bonafide Skyfather or is he Trans? I remember Seth actually being able to harm Odin, but Odin kicked his butt decisively after he got his memories back...

Anyway, if Seth is a Skyfather, then I pick Seth all day long; if Seth is merely trans, then I would say a split with a slight advantage to Seth (maybe 6 out of 10)...

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I agree 100% with the view point that DP Tyrant has no feats to suggest he is more powerful than Odin; Thanos had far more success against DP Tyrant than he did against Odin...and that speaks volumes IMHO.

As pertains DP Tyrant vs Seth...I am not sure...is Seth a bonafide Skyfather or is he Trans? I remember Seth actually being able to harm Odin, but Odin kicked his butt decisively after he got his memories back...

Anyway, if Seth is a Skyfather, then I pick Seth all day long; if Seth is merely trans, then I would say a split with a slight advantage to Seth (maybe 6 out of 10)... seth is skyfather, and yea he did hurt odin and it looked like he even out raw powered him when they fought

but Odin kicked his butt decisively after he got his memories back...
odin banished him from asgard it may have looked like that but all odin really did was banish him from asgard pretty much bfr

Mshinu
DP Tyrant takes this.

Bentley
This battle could be close actually as both are under Odin.

Stoic

Anyway, if Seth is a Skyfather, then I pick Seth all day long; if Seth is merely trans, then I would say a split with a slight advantage to Seth (maybe 6 out of 10)...

Sky Fathers are being pushed really hard these days, but let's not forget that they have not always shined quite as brilliantly as they are of recent times. When Tyrant fought Thanos in Cosmic Powers, was he truly going all out? Before Thanos proclaimed his victory (which was quite shallow) Tyrant challenged him to another round, which Thanos refused to take up. Also the object of power that Thanos possessed amped him to an unknown degree.

I have a question. How well would Thanos have done against Odin if he had the orb that he took from Tyrant?

For now I'll place my vote in Tyrants corner for the win.

TheLordofMurder
What exactly was in that sphere Thanos used against Tyrant? My memory is failing me... sad

Stoic
What exactly was in that sphere Thanos used against Tyrant? My memory is failing me... sad

From what I recall, it was made up of PIS, which allowed Thanos to survive the initial encounter with Tyrant. In all honesty I haven't got too much time to check it out, but it did amplify his powers. The question is by how much?

All the same, Thanos didn't bring any extra fire power with him when he faced off against Odin, and while this shouldn't be used as an indication for anyone to run out into the streets waving Tyrant's full of win banners, it does however have a hidden suggestion.

golem370
It was suppose to have stolen power from Morg I believe or maybe the other captivies.

Stoic
Originally posted by golem370
It was suppose to have stolen power from Morg I believe or maybe the other captivies.

If this is truly how powerful Thanos was, how well would Odin, or Seth do against Thanos toting not only his personal power, but being amplified by Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Morg, Ganymede, Silver Surfer, Jack of Hearts, and Terrax? Tyrant in this case didn't seem to view Thanos with this level of power as a serious threat.

Again Thanos didn't employ this level of power, when he faced Odin, nor did he seem to feel a need to do so. Did Thanos somehow lack the foresight to prepare himself? That idea would seem out of character for the Titan in my opinion. Would you agree?

Colossus-Big C
i heard the orb just simply gave him knowledge

Stoic
i heard the orb just simply gave him knowledge

I just re-read it, and I saw nothing to indicate that it did not amplify his power, he did gain knowledge, but only after hooking the orb up to his ship (at least it was my take on things). Also at the end Tyrant seemed to be the winner of the battle in more ways than one. Honestly the book was an enigma, there really wasn't anything concrete to lock onto, as far as abstact concepts went. The orb did however increase his might, of this I am certain, or Thanos would not have scrambled to get it back in his possession, when it was dislodged from his grasp.

zopzop
@Stoic

When I pointed this out (about Thanos scrambling to grab the orb when it was knocked out of his hand) I was told I was exaggerating.

Nice to see someone else saw what was clearly on panel.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
@Stoic

When I pointed this out (about Thanos scrambling to grab the orb when it was knocked out of his hand) I was told I was exaggerating.

Hey Zop, I try not to make things up. We clearly saw the same thing.

Stoic
@Stoic

To expand on this, if it wasn't a power up, why in the world would Thanos abandon his allies (pawns as he put it) to seek out the orb? I suppose that it could be argued that Thanos just had to get his hands on an unknown power source, but to what ends? I'm going with the obvious. It was a power up.

Nihilist
All the orb did was concentrate/amplify his blasts thats all, another orb did contain Morg power/energy but it was returned to him when Tyrant set him free.

iceman24567
So he wasn't amped physically?

Nihilist
Originally posted by iceman24567
So he wasn't amped physically? Dont think so,as he floored Tyrant with punches(one using the orb as a weapon, and another just using his fist).

Everytime Thanos used the orb it was glowing/radiating with energy, when he punched Tyrant with his fist and when the locked up in a strength test, the orb was dull and lifeless.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Stoic
To expand on this, if it wasn't a power up, why in the world would Thanos abandon his allies (pawns as he put it) to seek out the orb? I suppose that it could be argued that Thanos just had to get his hands on an unknown power source, but to what ends? I'm going with the obvious. It was a power up. Why..he wanted to test himself against Tyrant, and to piss Tyrant off enough to try and destroy him, so he could see if he was able to withstand Tyrants assault and the best way to achieve that was to steal from him

Stoic
So he wasn't amped physically?

I just read the book, and Thanos did assault Tyrant on a physical level, and the Orb was amplifying his blasts and punches. When he came down double fisted, he had the orb in his possession. Tyrant grabbed Thanos up by his neck, and tossed him which dislodged the orb from his possession. No where in the book did it ever state that the orb was not amplifying Thanos. However if it wasn't amplifying Thanos he would not have scrambled to retrieve it when it fell out of his hand.

Originally posted by Nihilist
Why..he wanted to test himself against Tyrant, and to piss Tyrant off enough to try and destroy him, so he could see if he was able to withstand Tyrants assault and the best way to achieve that was to steal from him

If that were the case, he would have accepted Tyrants challenge instead of fleeing. Like I said earlier, had Thanos employed the orb against Odin he might have done far better than he did do. Tyrant didn't seem to take Thanos as a serious threat, and while it was impressive that Thanos was able to knock Tyrant over, it did not hurt him or nearly KO him.

iceman24567
Imo i see no solid proof that it was amping him physically but i also don't see any proof that it wasn't

Stoic
Imo i see no solid proof that it was amping him physically but i also don't see any proof that it wasn't

Then why did he scramble to retrieve it once it was knocked from his hand?

iceman24567
Then why did he scramble to retrieve it once it was knocked from his hand? Is that honestly solid proof though?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Stoic sometimes you really amaze me... The orb was SAID to contain knowledge when it was studied... no mention of PC or Morg's power NOTHING. It was said to contain knowledge and knowledge is power. HOWEVER, let just say it was..... The plain presentation of the comic make it clear... if it was amplifying Thanos is was ONLY when it was glowing and radiating colors which reflected this. We saw it LIFELESS when Thanos punched Tyrant one time and again when they locked up in a test of strength. Yet yet you're going to say it was still active then and amplying Thanos? Are you serious with this nonsense? The facts are these... IF it was amplying Thanos it was ONLY when it was glowing. Period. Anybody thinking it was still amping him when it was totally lifeless is just plain slow.

Next, the question was asked why do I feel Tyrant is more powerful than both Odin and Seth... well that is easy.. Their common foes... When Odin fought Thanos.. Thanos was NEVER in any fear of dying or EVER considered stopping the fight to leave. He knew he could keep on going toe to toe with Odin, and even though he was losing he clearly didn't feel like he was in any danger of dying and needed to leave. Now compare that to when he fought Tyrant.. Even while AMPED (which is debatable) he fleed the scene and SPECIFICALLY said that if he stayed Tyrant would kill him. That right there speaks volumes about the power that Thanos had just felt in engaging Tyrant. These are the facts that can't be gotten around. To add to that, Thanos could've had an AMP + he was prepped to fight Tyrant. He was looking for a challenge and was studying up on Tyrant before they met. So we have an amped prepped Thanos FEAR Tyrant and admitting Tyrant would kill him if he stayed. Now compare that to an unamped and unprepped Thanos not having ANY fear of Odin or staying or continuing the fight. Done deal

To go further though... We saw Dp Tyrant pwn Galactus and have him in serious trouble. Galactus is stronger than any foe Odin has fought and done well against. Galactus himself feared a confrontation with Tyrant and backed down the first time they met for fear of it destroying galaxies. He SPECIFICALLY FED and prepped for his battle with Tyrant... Why would you do that if you're that superior to your foe... the answer is you wouldn't and certaintly the condescending Galactus wouldn't. He clearly felt Tyrant was a big threat. On the contrary, he has talked down about Odin and has never expressed any fear over facing him. In fact, when Doom had Galactus power.. he ONE SHOT Odin with ease. For these reasons and others... I feel DP Tryant is above Odin.. maybe not by a huge margin but certainly above him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Is that honestly solid proof though?

Exactly. He obviously wanted a prize and wanted to study this orb for its knowledge.. That is very easily why he could've been trying to keep it. Lastly, Ice... next time you tell me to post proof and not just who I think.. how about you do the same first....

Stoic
Is that honestly solid proof though?

It is pretty solid proof to me. Thanos fought with the orb in hand, if it wasn't affecting him he would have simply pocketed the trinket, and fought without it.

The fact that while holding the orb made him fight with less vigor was a clear indication that he needed it to bump him up to near eye level with Tyrant in terms of power. Thanos would not fight a superior with less than his absolute best.

Thanos landed a solid right hook to Tyrant, and the orb was glowing as it also left a trail of energy in its wake.

The answer to your question is yes it is solid proof.

Stoic
Stoic sometimes you really amaze me... The orb was SAID to contain knowledge when it was studied... no mention of PC or Morg's power NOTHING. It was said to contain knowledge and knowledge is power. HOWEVER, let just say it was..... The plain presentation of the comic make it clear... if it was amplifying Thanos is was ONLY when it was glowing and radiating colors which reflected this. We saw it LIFELESS when Thanos punched Tyrant one time and again when they locked up in a test of strength. Yet yet you're going to say it was still active then and amplying Thanos? Are you serious with this nonsense? The facts are these... IF it was amplying Thanos it was ONLY when it was glowing. Period. Anybody thinking it was still amping him when it was totally lifeless is just plain slow.

Next, the question was asked why do I feel Tyrant is more powerful than both Odin and Seth... well that is easy.. Their common foes... When Odin fought Thanos.. Thanos was NEVER in any fear of dying or EVER considered stopping the fight to leave. He knew he could keep on going toe to toe with Odin, and even though he was losing he clearly didn't feel like he was in any danger of dying and needed to leave. Now compare that to when he fought Tyrant.. Even while AMPED (which is debatable) he fleed the scene and SPECIFICALLY said that if he stayed Tyrant would kill him. That right there speaks volumes about the power that Thanos had just felt in engaging Tyrant. These are the facts that can't be gotten around. To add to that, Thanos could've had an AMP + he was prepped to fight Tyrant. He was looking for a challenge and was studying up on Tyrant before they met. So we have an amped prepped Thanos FEAR Tyrant and admitting Tyrant would kill him if he stayed. Now compare that to an unamped and unprepped Thanos not having ANY fear of Odin or staying or continuing the fight. Done deal

To go further though... We saw Dp Tyrant pwn Galactus and have him in serious trouble. Galactus is stronger than any foe Odin has fought and done well against. Galactus himself feared a confrontation with Tyrant and backed down the first time they met for fear of it destroying galaxies. He SPECIFICALLY FED and prepped for his battle with Tyrant... Why would you do that if you're that superior to your foe... the answer is you wouldn't and certaintly the condescending Galactus wouldn't. He clearly felt Tyrant was a big threat. On the contrary, he has talked down about Odin and has never expressed any fear over facing him. In fact, when Doom had Galactus power.. he ONE SHOT Odin with ease. For these reasons and others... I feel DP Tryant is above Odin.. maybe not by a huge margin but certainly above him.

This entire post is full of fail, and speculation.

TheLordofMurder
Thanosi...

DP Tyrant vs Galactus was pure PIS; go back and re-read it...Galactus was written to actually "forget" that Tyrant could absorb BSE.

So Galactus created Tyrant, encountered him during the Herald Ordeal (so Tyrant had to be fresh on his mind), and still forgot this critical aspect of Tyrants powerset...

Bull...10000% Bulls**t.

These bad writters often write Galactus as a powerful normal human with average (and sometimes below average) human intelligence...

Any other halfway intelligent character wether it be Doom, Richards, Luthor, Batman, Tony Stark, or even Spiderman would have altered the energy type being used against Tyrant into a form he couldnt absorb...but not Galactus...no sir...Galactus "forgot" Tyrant could absorb BSE and "forgot" about Tyrants mastery over machinery (I am 100% certain that Dr Doom would have IMMEDIATELY safeguarded his tech against Tyrants power...but not the Big-G...he isnt smart enough to think that far ahead).

Add it all up Thanosi, and the DP Tyrant/Galactus fight featured a critical level of PIS...as a result to use it as evidence in your argument is erroneous.

zopzop
@ Stoic

I posted scans of the fight in another thread, let me find them. I should note the thing that had me believing Thanos needed that orb was when it was knocked out of his hand. Thanos looked concerned and his hand was trembling as he was reaching out for it as Tyrant was closing in on him.

Was it an amp? We'll never really know but that panel had me convinced he needed it bad.

Stoic
@ Stoic

I posted scans of the fight in another thread, let me find them. I should note the thing that had me believing Thanos needed that orb was when it was knocked out of his hand. Thanos looked concerned and his hand was trembling as he was reaching out for it as Tyrant was closing in on him.

Was it an amp? We'll never really know but that panel had me convinced he needed it bad.

Yup yup! thumb up

Nihilist

If that were the case, he would have accepted Tyrants challenge instead of fleeing. Like I said earlier, had Thanos employed the orb against Odin he might have done far better than he did do. Tyrant didn't seem to take Thanos as a serious threat, and while it was impressive that Thanos was able to knock Tyrant over, it did not hurt him or nearly KO him. He did accept Tyrant challenge at the start, and as Thanos stated himself he achieved his objective(withstanding Tyrant).

Tyrant did see Thanos as a threat he noted that Thanos was "far more than the others".

Thanos was able to effect Tyrant one way or the other, he wasnt able to that to Odin.

Stoic
Tyrant said that "You are more than the others". He never said " Oh my good gollies, I'd better switch tactics because you're a serious threat".

Nihilist
Then why did he scramble to retrieve it once it was knocked from his hand? Aint it obvious? Thanos challenged Tyrant to take back the orb from him(and in the process withstanding his assault) it was clear Tyrant was more powerful than and Thanos, and if Tyrant had regained the orb when Thanos dropped it he(Thanos would of never got it back) therefore it would have been pointless withstanding Tyrants attack without any reward at the end of it.

Nihilist
Tyrant said the "You are more than the others". He never said " Oh my good gollies, I'd better switch tactics because you're a serious threat". Yet he still kept coming for Thanos and was relentless with his attacks, all because Thanos wasnt a threat.

zopzop
Nihilist look at this :
See the look of concern on his face and his hand trembling as he was reaching for the orb?

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Then this, Thanos fled before Tyrant got a chance to "correct" the problem:
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

Now compare the way Thanos looks at the end of this to the way he looked after he fought Odin.

Stoic
Nihilist look at this :
See the look of concern on his face and his hand trembling as he was reaching for the orb?

Then this, Thanos fled before Tyrant got a chance to "correct" the problem:
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

Now compare the way Thanos looks at the end of this to the way he looked after he fought Odin.

Zop, he likely has the book. However, this will not stop the fact that he will likely misrepresent, or misinterpret what is clearly on each page.

Nihilist
]Nihilist look at this :

Uploaded with ImageShack.usYou mean the same look he had on his face after Odin knocked him across Asgard, and lol at the trembling part, the only thing moving is his finger as shown by the movement lines.

Do you read the text orjust look at the pictures? Thanos leaves after standing upto Tyrants assaults(which was the whole point for Thanos) Thanos challenged Tyrant to take the orb back, he didnt so Thanos left as it was clear Tyrant was the more powerfull of the 2.

Are you forgetting Tyrants base exploding ontop of the beating he took from Tyrant. Thanos got up no problems after the tussle with Tyrant(ok he was burried under rubble), he slowly regained his feet after the Odin fight.

Nihilist
Zop, he likely has the book. However, this will not stop the fact that he will likely misrepresent, or misinterpret what is clearly on each page. Coming from someone as desperate and as bias as you, who admitted not reading some certain Thanos stuff yet making comments about it, i think Bran had it stop on, youre a troll.

Stoic
Coming from someone as desperate and as bias as you, who admitted not reading some certain Thanos stuff yet making comments about it, i think Bran had it stop on, youre a troll.

Right, is that you're way of trying to cover up adding to story lines words, or actions to suit your argument? Look if the bleeding in your backside has yet to heal, why not visit a clinic? If Thanos only knew who was representing him.

Nihilist
Right, is that you're way of trying to cover up adding to story lines words, or actions to suit your argument? Look if the bleeding in your backside has yet to heal, why not visit a clinic? If Thanos only knew who was representing him. Tell me what ive added then.

Stop TRYING to be funny it doesnt work for you, just stick to not knowing anything about who you are debating and looking like a chump in the process.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanosi...

DP Tyrant vs Galactus was pure PIS; go back and re-read it...Galactus was written to actually "forget" that Tyrant could absorb BSE.

So Galactus created Tyrant, encountered him during the Herald Ordeal (so Tyrant had to be fresh on his mind), and still forgot this critical aspect of Tyrants powerset...

Bull...10000% Bulls**t.

These bad writters often write Galactus as a powerful normal human with average (and sometimes below average) human intelligence...

Any other halfway intelligent character wether it be Doom, Richards, Luthor, Batman, Tony Stark, or even Spiderman would have altered the energy type being used against Tyrant into a form he couldnt absorb...but not Galactus...no sir...Galactus "forgot" Tyrant could absorb BSE and "forgot" about Tyrants mastery over machinery (I am 100% certain that Dr Doom would have IMMEDIATELY safeguarded his tech against Tyrants power...but not the Big-G...he isnt smart enough to think that far ahead).

Add it all up Thanosi, and the DP Tyrant/Galactus fight featured a critical level of PIS...as a result to use it as evidence in your argument is erroneous.

One HUGE problem with your speculation and calling out of the PIS card. Whether or not you feel it was BS he forget that doesn't change the fact that Galactus feared Tyrant and viewed him as a LEGITIMATE threat. Galactus usually talks down to pretty much everybody. Even bigger threats than Tyrant he's talked down to. Yet with Tyrant.. he BACKED down from their first encounter and LET HIM take HIS herald with him. Why you say.. because GALAXIES were going to be destroyed if they fought and he didn't want that.

To go further... Galactus RARELY EVER feeds before a battle to get himself at a strong level. Most of his fights are him weak and hungry. He SPECIFICALLY had his herald find a planet RIPE with nutrients before he was to face Tyrant. In fact, he said he had felt this good in ages...

So as you can see, it doesn't matter whether he forgot that about Tyrant or not... THE MAIN POINT AND WHAT IS UNDISPUTABLE is the threat that Tyrant posed to Galactus and Galactus admitting as much. That can't be denied as in the main factor here... not forgetting this or that or even the fight in general

Black bolt z
How are people even under the slightest impression that tyrant>Odin?Its very wrong and have no feats to suggest it.

Seth wins

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Black bolt z
How are people even under the slightest impression that tyrant>Odin?Its very wrong and have no feats to suggest it.

Seth wins

Did you read my post on the previous page... please explain ANY facts that are true in my post. It's clear that through mutual foes.. Tyrant has appeared more powerful during the fight and to the people who they were fighting.

Black bolt z
Did you read my post on the previous page... please explain ANY facts that are true in my post. It's clear that through mutual foes.. Tyrant has appeared more powerful during the fight and to the people who they were fighting. No I only read and the first page and stopped there as my neck was tired from all the head shaking.

zopzop
One HUGE problem with your speculation and calling out of the PIS card........ Yet with Tyrant.. he BACKED down from their first encounter and LET HIM take HIS herald with him.

+1 to you. thumb up

Even the Surfer was amazed that Galactus backed down from DP Tyrant.

zopzop
Nihilist

Dude whether or not the orb did anything to Thanos amp wise, Thanos didn't want to continue the fight with Tyrant when Tyrant was about to get serious. Tyrant was throwing Thanos around and made him groan in pain multiple times.

Thanos wasn't running anywhere from Odin even though he had nothing to gain from staying and fighting. Thanos wasn't getting knocked around by Odin till Odin summoned his spear and really started to lay into him. Even then Thanos didn't scream or groan like he did vs Tyrant.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nihilist

Dude whether or not the orb did anything to Thanos amp wise, Thanos didn't want to continue the fight with Tyrant when Tyrant was about to get serious. Tyrant was throwing Thanos around and made him groan in pain multiple times.

Thanos wasn't running anywhere from Odin even though he had nothing to gain from staying and fighting. Thanos wasn't getting knocked around by Odin till Odin summoned his spear and really started to lay into him. Even then Thanos didn't scream or groan like he did vs Tyrant.

You're exactly correct in everything you said here. This is part of the reason why I feel Tyrant is above Odin.

Black bolt z
Nihilist

Thanos wasn't running anywhere from Odin even though he had nothing to gain from staying and fighting. Thanos wasn't getting knocked around by Odin till Odin summoned his spear and really started to lay into him. Even then Thanos didn't scream or groan like he did vs Tyrant. Oooooh...thanos groaned in one but not he other.Big difference.

King Castle
where is the last scan where thanos is analyzing the power of the orb?

zopzop
Oooooh...thanos groaned in one but not he other.Big difference.

Bro, he wasn't groaning because he was making man-love to Tyrant, he was in real pain during that fight. You can't say the same about his fight with Odin.

zopzop
Originally posted by King Castle
where is the last scan where thanos is analyzing the power of the orb?

Here it is, Thanos gloating that he "humiliated" Tyrant
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

Then we see why Tyrant didn't care about that orb :
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

Black bolt z
Bro, he wasn't groaning because he was making man-love to Tyrant, he was in real pain during that fight. You can't say the same about his fight with Odin. Like I said.The difference is a groan. Your really going to us a groan as an argument? kinda

Stoic
Nihilist

Very good points.

You're exactly correct in everything you said here. This is part of the reason why I feel Tyrant is above Odin.

I agree.

Here it is, Thanos gloating that he "humiliated" Tyrant
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

Then we see why Tyrant didn't care about that orb :
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4600/cosmicpowers06tyrantpag.th.jpg

Which is exactly why I said that Tyrant won in more ways than one.

iceman24567

To go further though... We saw Dp Tyrant pwn Galactus and have him in serious trouble. Galactus is stronger than any foe Odin has fought and done well against. Galactus himself feared a confrontation with Tyrant and backed down the first time they met for fear of it destroying galaxies. He SPECIFICALLY FED and prepped for his battle with Tyrant... Why would you do that if you're that superior to your foe... the answer is you wouldn't and certaintly the condescending Galactus wouldn't. He clearly felt Tyrant was a big threat. On the contrary, he has talked down about Odin and has never expressed any fear over facing him. In fact, when Doom had Galactus power.. he ONE SHOT Odin with ease. For these reasons and others... I feel DP Tryant is above Odin.. maybe not by a huge margin but certainly above him. Using Galactus vs Tyrant doesn't work here their RELATIONSHIP is the only reason Tyrant got the upperhand everybody knows this and nobody denies this when i bring it up
It is pretty solid proof to me. Thanos fought with the orb in hand, if it wasn't affecting him he would have simply pocketed the trinket, and fought without it.

The fact that while holding the orb made him fight with less vigor was a clear indication that he needed it to bump him up to near eye level with Tyrant in terms of power. Thanos would not fight a superior with less than his absolute best.

Thanos landed a solid right hook to Tyrant, and the orb was glowing as it also left a trail of energy in its wake.

The answer to your question is yes it is solid proof. Well to everybody else it isn't sorry erm

quanchi112
Tyrant dominates.

Stoic
Using Galactus vs Tyrant doesn't work here their RELATIONSHIP is the only reason Tyrant got the upperhand everybody knows this and nobody denies this when i bring it up
Well to everybody else it isn't sorry erm

Why speak for anyone other than yourself? We all have our own opinions, and panel evidence is irrefutable. Thanos was using the orb to amp himself in order to become peers with Tyrant in terms of power. If he simply meant to steal the orb, he would have taken it, and left the other Heralds to a fate worse than death, but he didn't do this. What he did is took the orb, and then faced Tyrant as a near equal, but it was the orb that made it possible. This is why he scrambled to repossess the orb when it fell out of his grasp.

Stoic
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7112/thanossourcebook.jpg

iceman24567
Why speak for anyone other than yourself? We all have our own opinions, and panel evidence is irrefutable. Thanos was using the orb to amp himself in order to become peers with Tyrant in terms of power. If he simply meant to steal the orb, he would have taken it, and left the other Heralds to a fate worse than death, but he didn't do this. What he did is took the orb, and then faced Tyrant as a near equal, but it was the orb that made it possible. This is why he scrambled to repossess the orb when it fell out of his grasp. You haven't shown irrefutable on panel evidence if you did you wouldn't have posted this.

The answer to your question is yes it is solid proof.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree with Ice that there is zero solid undisputable proof it was amping Thanos. I would say it's about 50/50 either way. Regardless, it's clear that going by their common fights... Thanos/Odin and Thanos/Tyrant.. it's clear who Thanos felt was the more powerful of the two. That is undisputable.

Stoic
You haven't shown irrefutable on panel evidence if you did you wouldn't have posted this.

I agree with Ice that there is zero solid undisputable proof it was amping Thanos. I would say it's about 50/50 either way. Regardless, it's clear that going by their common fights... Thanos/Odin and Thanos/Tyrant.. it's clear who Thanos felt was the more powerful of the two. That is undisputable.

If either of you read the scan that I posted and how Marvel officially viewed Thanos in the Tyrant Cosmic Powers it says that Thanos stole power from Tyrant, anything else that you say about it not happening is basically a lie. It pretty solid proof to any who read Thanos' Sourcebook, which is published by Marvel comics, and if it wer false it would have been edited out.

Anyone Refuting That Thanos was amped by the orb is in essence saying that without the orb Thanos could stand toe to toe with Galactus nearly as well as Tyrant, when we all saw that the only thing that Thanos can do against Galactus is put up his shields. Anything else is a lie, and should be considering just plain old trolling.

Stoic
Here it is again.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7112/thanossourcebook.jpg

iceman24567
Nah it doesn't say he was physically amped now does it?

Nihilist
Nihilist

Thanos wasn't running anywhere from Odin even though he had nothing to gain from staying and fighting. Thanos wasn't getting knocked around by Odin till Odin summoned his spear and really started to lay into him. Even then Thanos didn't scream or groan like he did vs Tyrant. Fair points there,but Thanos harmed Tyrant and didnt Odin,so it works both ways.

Sr J-Bieb
The orb had Morg's Power Cosmic in it...

Nihilist
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
The orb had Morg's Power Cosmic in it... Tyrant gave back Morg his power cosmic back before he released him to go face Thanos n co.

Stoic
Nah it doesn't say he was physically amped now does it?

So are you suggesting that Thanos would be capable of going toe to toe with Galactus after just feeding on a planet? Well Tyrant did, and he did so without shields to protect him, from total destruction.

Anyone that read Tyrants appearances could see that Thanos was incapable of taking Tyrant on, without being amped. All one would need do, is logically judge on panel feats. Thanos was being amped by the orb; because there is no way in hell that he is a peer to someone who was not only able to tank Galactus' blasts, but also actually took the fight to Galactus, and put him in jeopardy of being utterly defeated. Which was also seen on panel iirc.

Thanos was barely able to tank one blast from Galactus (with shields up), without the orb, which in the least contained power siphoned from Morg. When Morg was freed of his captivity the energy from the orb was not emptied, he was merely capable of, or allowed to once again synthesize the Power Cosmic. Tyrant never stripped Morg of his gifts, only leached from them iirc.

To add to this, Tyrant also leached an unquantified amount of energy from the other Herald level beings, that he'd briefly held captive iirc.

Seth IMO is not on Tyrants level, he would give him a fight, but I see him going down to Tyrant as easily as the Sphinx went down to Galactus.

Sr J-Bieb
Tyrant gave back Morg his power cosmic back before he released him to go face Thanos n co. Thank you for making me go back and look.

You are correct. The bauble had no power. Thanos only wanted it for secrets which makes sense of why he was so worried when it dropped.

iceman24567
Only reason Tyrant lasted so long against Galactus was because of the smaller faster form he took even then Galactus EASILY captured him. Tyrants saving grace was him being able to absorb Galactus' energy being his child and all to think Depowered Tyrant is well fed Galactus level is absurd and only those who ignore what actually happened on panel would think so. He didn't TANK the blast he absorbed it not much of a feat erm

Stoic
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
The orb had Morg's Power Cosmic in it...

It also contained the Waters of Life, which was a hidden amp as well iirc.

iceman24567
It also contained the Waters of Life, which was a hidden amp as well iirc. Heh didn't know that erm

OneDumbG0
i heard the orb just simply gave him knowledge It was a weapon and/or power storage device.

Stoic
Only reason Tyrant lasted so long against Galactus was because of the smaller faster form he took even then Galactus EASILY captured him. Tyrants saving grace was him being able to absorb Galactus' energy being his child and all to think Depowered Tyrant is well fed Galactus level is absurd and only those who ignore what actually happened on panel would think so. He didn't TANK the blast he absorbed it not much of a feat erm

If it was a simple absorption feat that Tyrant achieved, why was he blasted through the hull of Galactus' ship? If that were simply the case Galactus would have reeled from Hyperstorm's assault instead of just feeding on his energy. Hyperstorm was also smaller and faster, but this wasn't his saving grace, now was it?

psycho gundam
i heard the orb just simply gave him knowledge tyrant's plot was centered around stealing energy to regain his former glory, and those orbs were where the energy was stored

it's pretty simple

iceman24567
If it was a simple absorption feat that Tyrant achieved, why was he blasted through the hull of Galactus' ship? If that were simply the case Galactus would have reeled from Hyperstorm's assault instead of just feeding on his energy. Hyperstorm was also smaller and faster, but this wasn't his saving grace, now was it? I could have sworn Tyrant commented on absorbing said energy on panel after being blasted threw the hull of the ship could be wrong no expression. Also i said his absorbing was his saving grace not his smaller stature

Stoic
Originally posted by psycho gundam
tyrant's plot was centered around stealing energy to regain his former glory, and those orbs were where the energy was stored

it's pretty simple

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
It was a weapon and/or power storage device.

Bingo, and I was told that I was the only one other than Zop that saw this.

Stoic
I could have sworn Tyrant commented on absorbing said energy on panel after being blasted threw the hull of the ship could be wrong no expression. Also i said his absorbing was his saving grace not his smaller stature

No you aren't wrong, but the blast also hit Tyrant when he was unsuspecting it. Galactus' next blast as you saw was absorbed like you or I would drink water. Just the fact that he tanked the first shot unaided by a shield should indicate to us that he is more than Thanos... far more, and in this knowledge can automatically and logically say that Thanos without outside aid, would have done terribly against Tyrant without the aid of the power item.

iceman24567
Either way Tyrant got as far as he did because of two variables his smaller form and his relationship to Galactus i wouldn't put DP Tyrant on Galatucs level. Well Thanos did take an all out blast from Galactus with shields of course which is standard for Thanos

Stoic
Either way Tyrant got as far as he did because of two variables his smaller form and his relationship to Galactus i wouldn't put DP Tyrant on Galatucs level. Well Thanos did take an all out blast from Galactus with shields of course which is standard for Thanos

The blast also nearly killed Thanos, and if he did not erect his shields it certainly would have. Do you think that Galactus was playing with Tyrant when he sent out his first volley? He was trying to murder him, which is why he prepped himself by feeding before their encounter. I do see your reasons for questioning Tyrant's power level, and you have good reason, but Tyrant was still a threat to Galactus, and was really in no danger of being defeated by Thanos... Thanos however would have died if he did not excercise the better part of valor.

As far as Seth goes. I can see Thanos having a better shot at winning aginst him than against Tyrant.

zopzop
He was trying to murder him, which is why he prepped himself by feeding before their encounter.

Holy crap, I had completely forgot about this! That's right, Galactus did indeed feed before his throw down with DP Tyrant and he still lost. The discussion is over then.

tyrant's plot was centered around stealing energy to regain his former glory, and those orbs were where the energy was stored

it's pretty simple

Five pages of back and forth and you sum it up perfectly in two sentences. thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
I said LONG LONG AGO... that galactus feed and prepped before his battle with Tyrant and still lost. That was one of the very first things I said on page 2 in why Tyrant is above seth or odin

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant gave back Morg his power cosmic back before he released him to go face Thanos n co. Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Thank you for making me go back and look.

You are correct. The bauble had no power. Thanos only wanted it for secrets which makes sense of why he was so worried when it dropped.

You guys missed these posts and it's just as I said long ago... The orb contained knowledge NOT Morg's PC.

zopzop
I said LONG LONG AGO... that galactus feed and prepped before his battle with Tyrant and still lost. That was one of the very first things I said on page 2 in why Tyrant is above seth or odin

Sorry Thanosi, I missed it. I guess I should have slowed down some embarrasment

OneDumbG0
You guys missed these posts and it's just as I said long ago... The orb contained knowledge NOT Morg's PC. Clearly it was knowledge that was fired out at Tyrant. You can fire knowledge, after all. Common sense. Like... if you have an Encylopedia Britannica app for your iPhone, you can shoot blasts at people. True story.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is he arguing that the orb did not contain power? Lol.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Clearly it was knowledge that was fired out at Tyrant. You can fire knowledge, after all. Common sense. Like... if you have an Encylopedia Britannica app for your iPhone, you can shoot blasts at people. True story.

So it was only amping his blast then? Is that you're theory? I said long ago IF it was amping him.. it was only his blasts.. We saw it lifeless when they were locked up in a wrestling match. Why would be if he could've had that also amp his strength? What exactly what Morg's PC do for Thanos again.. who is already move powerful than morg and can already use the PC himself.. it just makes him mad. So what exactly was he gaining again? Please also explain why it was lifeless and then also explain why Morg had already got back his PC before Thanos got that orb.. an orb which he studied and said... it contained KNOWLEDGE. No mention of PC or anything.. interesting isn't it.

Colossus-Big C
Clearly it was knowledge that was fired out at Tyrant. You can fire knowledge, after all. Common sense. Like... if you have an Encylopedia Britannica app for your iPhone, you can shoot blasts at people. True story. he fired his own knowledge through the orb

OneDumbG0
^ laughing out loud Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So it was only amping his blast then? Is that you're theory? I said long ago IF it was amping him.. it was only his blasts.. We saw it lifeless when they were locked up in a wrestling match. Why would be if he could've had that also amp his strength? What exactly what Morg's PC do for Thanos again.. who is already move powerful than morg and can already use the PC himself.. it just makes him mad. So what exactly was he gaining again? Please also explain why it was lifeless and then also explain why Morg had already got back his PC before Thanos got that orb.. an orb which he studied and said... it contained KNOWLEDGE. No mention of PC or anything.. interesting isn't it. Clearly electronic encyclopedias can also substitute as energy-amping focal devices.

Sometimes, my Encylopedia Britannica-equipped iPhone shoots energy blasts. Other times, it just amps my innate superhero ability to shoot energy blasts out of my hands. Both true stories. After all, it just contains knowledge and by logical extension, does one or both of these things. Clearly.

Omega Vision
^ laughing out loud Clearly electronic encyclopedias can also substitute as energy-amping focal devices.

Sometimes, my Encylopedia Britannica-equipped iPhone shoots energy blasts. Other times, it just amps my innate superhero ability to shoot energy blasts out of my hands. Both true stories. After all, it just contains knowledge and by logical extension, does one or both of these things. Clearly.
Pfft. My Droid grants me uber matter manip. crackers

quanchi112
The orb represented a trophy for Lord Manos. Either way he was more than these others were with or without the orb and using Morg's power which is just the power cosmic is a step down for him anywho.

WhiteWitchKing
he fired his own knowledge through the orb

Stoic
Originally posted by quanchi112
The orb represented a trophy for Lord Manos. Either way he was more than these others were with or without the orb and using Morg's power which is just the power cosmic is a step down for him anywho.

But wasn't Morg in possession of the Waters of Life as well? This would make his powers more dynamic in scope, wouldn't it? Plus was it confirmed, whether or not the power that was briefly absorbed from the other Herald level beings present, or not present within the Orb? Are you arguing that Seth can beat Tyrant?

KuRuPT Thanosi
^ laughing out loud Clearly electronic encyclopedias can also substitute as energy-amping focal devices.

Exactly. More dodging, because you have no explanation for the on panel facts do you... Why was it lifeless at certain points of the fights? Why couldn't he use it to amp is strength when they were locked up? Why was morg stated to have gotten BACK his PC BEFORE Thanos got that orb.. an orb mind you.. that was studied and said to contain KNOWLEDGE.. not PC not anything but KNOWLEDGE. How are those things possible? Lastly explain what Morg's PC would do for Thanos again? We know Thanos is quite a bit more powerful than Morg and can already use the PC.. so how exactly was he amping again? Or I'm sure.. you'll just dodge those questions

OneDumbG0
^ This isn't dodging. I think it's completely foolish to assume that the orb only contained knowledge when Thanos was using it to blast Tyrant and smash his face in. I'm not going to apologize for not taking your arguments seriously.

It's even more foolish to assume that an orb of knowledge somehow amps Thanos' blasts. I mean... seriously... what does this look like to you, Thanos using the orb to fire energy blasts or no? This isn't hard:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Orb01.jpg

And to directly answer your red herring argument as to why the orb seemed lifeless, weapons/energy storage units don't have to constantly be firing or glowing to contain power. A holstered gun looks lifeless. Iron Man's palms look lifeless when they're not charging or firing repulsor blasts. Fact is: the orb wasn't lifeless when Thanos was firing it at Tyrant.

Thanos fired it at Tyrant. And it hurt Tyrant. Ergo, the orb was a weapon or an energy storage device. Let's stick with the plain presentation of the art and story here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
^ This isn't dodging. I think it's completely foolish to assume that the orb only contained knowledge when Thanos was using it to blast Tyrant and smash his face in. I'm not going to apologize for not taking your arguments seriously.

It's even more foolish to assume that an orb of knowledge somehow amps Thanos' blasts. I mean... seriously... what does this look like to you, Thanos using the orb to fire energy blasts or no? This isn't hard:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Orb01.jpg

And to directly answer your red herring argument as to why the orb seemed lifeless, weapons/energy storage units don't have to constantly be firing or glowing to contain power. A holstered gun looks lifeless. Iron Man's palms look lifeless when they're not charging or firing repulsor blasts. Fact is: the orb wasn't lifeless when Thanos was firing it at Tyrant.

Thanos fired it at Tyrant. And it hurt Tyrant. Ergo, the orb was a weapon or an energy storage device. Let's stick with the plain presentation of the art and story here.

So we are sticking with the artistic depiction of the story then eh? Cause through narration and artistic depiction it was also made clear what was in the orb right? LET ME CLARIFY THOUGH... I believe it is possible that he was using to blast Tyrant.. given the aristic depiction I've always stated this could be possible. That said.. blast can clearly go through the orb.. you're assuming Thanos ws using his blast power plus the orbs to increase his blast power. Thus his blast travel through the orb.. Thus it's also possible that he was just using his blast.. and of course his blast have a color to them to so we can see them.. Thus this could explain why a clear ball would have color when Thanos is blast through it. However... lets move past whether it was or not...

1. Do you agree that he wasn't using it to amp his strength when he was lock up with Tyrant?

2. Do you also agree that before Thanos got that orb (which was suppose to be Morg's power) Morg had already gotten his power back from Tyrant?

3. You also would agree that Morg is inferior in power to Thanos.. and Thanos has said to be able to use the PC.. just doesn't like to do so. So I'm curious what amp Morg's power would give him if he's already more powerful than morg and can also call upon the PC?

4. Lastly, you agree that when the orb was studied it was said to contain knowledge not PC right? Not whether you discount this or not.. you've seen the scans correct?

OneDumbG0
1. Do you agree that he wasn't using it to amp his strength when he was lock up with Tyrant?

2. Do you also agree that before Thanos got that orb (which was suppose to be Morg's power) Morg had already gotten his power back from Tyrant?

3. You also would agree that Morg is inferior in power to Thanos.. and Thanos has said to be able to use the PC.. just doesn't like to do so. So I'm curious what amp Morg's power would give him if he's already more powerful than morg and can also call upon the PC?

4. Lastly, you agree that when the orb was studied it was said to contain knowledge not PC right? Not whether you discount this or not.. you've seen the scans correct? 1. Was he holding it then?

2. Was that specific orb definitely only holding Morg's power? Do you have evidence of this? As was revealed, there were a crap-ton of orbs lying around.

3. Why are you going on this tangent here? The question is whether the orb was a weapon or energy storage device. Show me where Tyrant/Thanos said that orb was completely inert.

4. I've seen scans that say Thanos could probe it and uncover further knowledge. I don't recall anything otherwise. Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
So we are sticking with the artistic depiction of the story then eh? Cause through narration and artistic depiction it was also made clear what was in the orb right? LET ME CLARIFY THOUGH... I believe it is possible that he was using to blast Tyrant.. given the aristic depiction I've always stated this could be possible. That said.. blast can clearly go through the orb.. you're assuming Thanos ws using his blast power plus the orbs to increase his blast power. Thus his blast travel through the orb.. Thus it's also possible that he was just using his blast.. and of course his blast have a color to them to so we can see them.. Thus this could explain why a clear ball would have color when Thanos is blast through it. However... lets move past whether it was or not... Why move past it? Because you don't want to admit that you're going through such lengths to justify the possibility that the orb can have energy simply pass through it? We're not discussing attenuated possibilities that haven't been utterly ruled out. I don't have to prove the negative. We're talking about what is obvious here. Thanos picked the orb up and fired it at Tyrant. That's just plainly obvious.

If it was completely useless as a weapon and "transparent" and never amped his blasts, why did Thanos wait until he grabbed it to fire his own energy blasts through the orb at Tyrant? When someone is bearing down on you from behind, are you going to crawl to the nearest dictionary, hold it up and then fire your hand-blasts?

Look at the scan. He's frikkin firing it at Tyrant:

KuRuPT Thanosi

OneDumbG0

Black bolt z
Seth still wins.

iceman24567
Seth still wins.

Stoic
My take on the Orb is that it was never lifeless, it had to be focussed on kind of like pulling the trigger on a gun. In the last panel before Thanos ports away, you can see the Orb glowing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Depends on the incarnation of Seth. If it's the last incarnation we saw -the appearance where he was operating on a Cosmic level- he beats Tyrant's ass.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
he beats Tyrant's ass. Pause.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.