Raft challange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dum Dum Dugan
What hero's could survive in the Raft for an entire year? Inmates in the Raft want them dead.

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Wolverine
Shang-chi
Daredevil
Captain America
Hawk eye
daredevil
Frank Castle
Thor
Hercules
Hulk
Thing
Colossus
Iron Fist

Also second scenario the villains up rise and take over the prison however there unable to shut of the power dampers. which of the hero's is capable of retaking the prison?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
What hero's could survive in the Raft for an entire year? Inmates in the Raft want them dead.

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Wolverine
Shang-chi
Daredevil
Captain America
Hawk eye
daredevil
Frank Castle
Thor
Hercules
Hulk
Thing
Colossus
Iron Fist

Also second scenario the villains up rise and take over the prison however there unable to shut of the power dampers. which of the hero's is capable of retaking the prison?

2 suggestions

1) you should shorten the list

2) you should list the major prisoners held at the raft

King Castle
if you read the comic story arc you know.

Cap
Wolverine
Shang chi
Batman

maybe spiderman not really convinced but i throw him a bone.

will the guards be participating?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by King Castle
if you read the comic story arc you know.

Cap
Wolverine
Shang chi
Batman

maybe spiderman not really convinced but i throw him a bone.

will the guards be participating?
no the guards are in on it. to an extent. They let the fights go on.

Colossus-Big C

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Wolverine
Shang-chi
Daredevil
Captain America
Hawk eye
daredevil
Frank Castle
Thor
Hercules
Hulk
Thing
Colossus
Iron Fist

Hulk
Superman maybe
Thor

Uriel005
ninja style wolverine might be able to do it if he plays it smart.

Frank might pull a Rorschach

Cap lays down the law.

Fist probably survives as does Shang

Thor Herc and Hulk definitely. If it's just Banner then the prison gets screwed when he gets his model boat kit and makes a death cannon.

Thing probably makes it as does the big russian. they have street smarts.

Now to take back the prison...

Does destroying the thing outright count??? how much prep???

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Uriel005
ninja style wolverine might be able to do it if he plays it smart.

Frank might pull a Rorschach

Cap lays down the law.

Fist probably survives as does Shang

Thor Herc and Hulk definitely. If it's just Banner then the prison gets screwed when he gets his model boat kit and makes a death cannon.

Thing probably makes it as does the big russian. they have street smarts.

Now to take back the prison...

Does destroying the thing outright count??? how much prep???
you do understand that there all depowered correct?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Hulk
Superman maybe
Thor
there depowered.

Starscream M
there depowered. you should've made it more clear.

also, no one makes it depowered except batman.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
you should've made it more clear.

also, no one makes it depowered except batman.
why would batman make it, but not the others? He does not have his suit either. He a prisoner.

raft has power dampers constantly on and i even stated them.

Uriel005
there depowered.

cancel hulk then but banner likely makes it on smarts as do heroes with street combat skills. Thor likely makes it he's been in the business for some time and in terms of shear physical size and ability Colossus has the street smarts and skills to survive as does thing. But yeah, Fist, Shang and Punisher definitely make it in this case and if Cap doesn't turn into a wimp he makes it too. Wolverine if he ninjas his way through rather than berserking and trying to brawl.

Speaking of berserking you would thing thor and wolverine get along swell and would have invited wolverine to valhalla for a couple of brawls for the lulz

Starscream M
why would batman make it, but not the others? He does not have his suit either. He a prisoner.

raft has power dampers constantly on and i even stated them. batman has a better shot than others because he doesn't have powers to begin with..therefore there will be no change for him

he still has his skills and expertise in everything.

he's the only one capable of outsmarting and fighting his way out.

Lunacyde

raft has power dampers constantly on and i even stated them.

Batman would make it, as opposed to the others becaus ehe is used to not having powers. His "powers" are his will, discipline, and intelligence. No one else dedicated their entire lives to mastering multiple disciplines and areas of expertise in order to fight crime. Batman's intelligence, escape artistry, stealth skills, fighting skills, etc are things that you can't take away. Batman has been without his suit and gadgets before.

Dum Dum Dugan
cancel hulk then but banner likely makes it on smarts as do heroes with street combat skills.
are you sure? Beast almost died within second of being it it. Beast is bigger and at least as skilled.

Thor likely makes it he's been in the business for some time and in terms of shear physical size and ability Colossus has the street smarts and skills to survive as does thing.
Again beast did not do so well, and there are skilled criminals in raft as well. as well as large guys who fairly skilled like crusher creel who was heavy weight boxer contender.

But yeah, Fist, Shang and Punisher definitely make it in this case and if Cap doesn't turn into a wimp he makes it too. Wolverine if he ninjas his way through rather than berserking and trying to brawl.

Speaking of berserking you would thing thor and wolverine get along swell and would have invited wolverine to valhalla for a couple of brawls for the lulz
I not sure why you keep sayign wolverine would have to ninja it, but then believe Thor, thing and colossus could accomplish it. He would beat the shit out of any them in depowered states.

Wolverine better in berserker much better, and that a myth that it makes him a simply brawler.

Because I don't believe there similar at all, wolverine retains all his fighting skills while berserker.

Starscream M

Because I don't believe there similar at all, wolverine retains all his fighting skills while berserker. wolverine would also retain his adamantium...which would be poisoning him without his hf.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
wolverine would also retain his adamantium...which would be poisoning him without his hf.
they give him shots to counter act it. He actaully been in there before as a prisoner.

King Castle
wolverine in the raft was given shots for adamantium poisoning on top of that he was severely weaken below his healthy human lvl and he still was pawning the criminals in the raft. he beat an entire gang in the prison shower for trying to rape his @$$.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by King Castle
wolverine in the raft was given shots for adamantium poisoning on top of that he was severely weaken below his healthy human lvl and he still was pawning the criminals in the raft. he beat an entire gang in the prison shower for trying to rape his @$$.

By that token, if Wolverine was completely depowered + weakened beyond his human state and had no problem, neither would half of these guys, especially Batman.

King Castle
Originally posted by Lunacyde
By that token, if Wolverine was completely depowered + weakened beyond his human state and had no problem, neither would half of these guys, especially Batman. wolverine has a pain threshold that guys like batman could never reach.

have you read the story arc?

there were more then one gang and crew in the prison, more then one fight and various villains.. Logan didnt fight all of them and he was only in for about a week or two.

also wolverine had adamantium knuckle gaurds.

Lunacyde
All I am saying Batman in normal shape > Wolverine in said weakened state.

H2H skill-wise they're about equal. They also share similar ninja skills.

Batman has superior escape artistry, tactical mind (though Logan's isn't bad), and other various skills he has mastered.

And where do you get Logan having a pain threshold Batman can't even touch....have you read about Bruce Wayne? I won't say he's superior to Logan, but to dismiss his pain threshold is absolutely ridiculous.

Lunacyde
Here's a picture of what Batman goes through all the time, without a Healing Factor to help.

Dum Dum Dugan

Batman has superior escape artistry, tactical mind (though Logan's isn't bad), and other various skills he has mastered.

And where do you get Logan having a pain threshold Batman can't even touch....have you read about Bruce Wayne? I won't say he's superior to Logan, but to dismiss his pain threshold is absolutely ridiculous.
true.

true

false. It pretty debatable if he has superior escape artistry, Logan has many pretty insane feats of it. Wolverine has also master various skills.

Logan is clearly higher, not say batman aint impressive, but it not on this level.

King Castle

And where do you get Logan having a pain threshold Batman can't even touch....have you read about Bruce Wayne? I won't say he's superior to Logan, but to dismiss his pain threshold is absolutely ridiculous. b/c wolverine in the raft was attacked by over half a dozen guards and dazered repeatedly and logan didnt die. his will was indominable and no human body peak or not could have survived the eletrical assault. he lived by sheer will knowing he would make them all pay and get even deny them the satisfaction of his death..

he was then thrown into a hole at least a two story drop that would have broken human bones.. logan was then drugged and hosed down by high water pressure hoes in his chest naked in a cold damp hole.

the adamantium allowed him to survive broken bones and the high pressure water hoes on his chest.

i dont see batman surviving broken bones, butt naked watered down in a deep dark hole. let alone just being a mean prick who has felt insane amount of pain that he refuses to just die.

Logan is desensitized to a high degree.

Dum Dum Dugan
Here's a picture of what Batman goes through all the time, without a Healing Factor to help.
thats nothing, and wolverine has mention that actaully healing injuries is more painful then what cuases them. He also stated several times to be in constant pain from his adamatium, he also has phantom pains. Also wolverine pain from his claws is so intense rouge went almost insane from it.

Batman pain tolerance is not even comparable.

Dum Dum Dugan
However I do agree, batman has the best chances of escaping.

King Castle
However I do agree, batman has the best chances of escaping. i agree, "if" and only "if" no one is actually focused on him like Wolverine was. Wolverine was constantly being watched and harassed by the guards.

but i dont really see many surviving a yr now that i think of the Sh#$ wolverine went through the few couple of weeks. i mean it was insane.

i changed my mind, i dont think anyone could last a year including wolverine. they would all need to back each other up to survive.

Lunacyde
true.

true

false. It pretty debatable if he has superior escape artistry, Logan has many pretty insane feats of it. Wolverine has also master various skills.

Logan is clearly higher, not say batman aint impressive, but it not on this level.

As far as escape artistry Batman is one of the best in comics, he has more consistent feats of it IMO, although Wolverine has some as well. In regards to other skills, I think Batman has the advantage in such this as lock picking, detective-work, disguising himself, acting, technological abilities, etc.

I won't argue Wolverine's is higher, but Batman's is one of the best, if not the best normal human in Comics. It deserves a degree of respect.

@ Castleking. You speak of will as if Batman doesn't have one of the most indomitable wills in comics. Batman's pure willpower is greater than that of Wolverines, unfortunately Wolverine has the advantage of unbreakable bones.

Dum Dum Dugan
As far as escape artistry Batman is one of the best in comics, he has more consistent feats of it IMO, although Wolverine has some as well. In regards to other skills, I think Batman has the advantage in such this as lock picking, detective-work, disguising himself, acting, technological abilities, etc.

I won't argue Wolverine's is higher, but Batman's is one of the best, if not the best normal human in Comics. It deserves a degree of respect.

@ Castleking. You speak of will as if Batman doesn't have one of the most indomitable wills in comics. Batman's pure willpower is greater than that of Wolverines, unfortunately Wolverine has the advantage of unbreakable bones.
I not sure he does. Wolverine has pretty consistent feats of sneaking in and escaping highly secure area's. A lot of those skills won't matter with out his belt.

No he doesent. Wolverine has crazy will power, to say batman is more powerful is a stretch to say the least. Logan keeps his berserker rage in check from force of will a lone.

Dum Dum Dugan
not sure if he has the best chance of surviving the year, he does however have the best chance of escaping. Though I not sure if he be able to accomplish it, if anyone it be him.

He also has one of the highest chances of surviving I would say wolverine, punisher, shang-chi and IF and batman would be the only ones with a shot of surviving.

IF, Shang-chi cis might hurt them, but they skills should keep them out of trouble for a long while.

King Castle
here is a scan of the raft arc in the wolverine comic.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5641/shockhl0.jpg

here is the result.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8854/shock2qr3.jpg

being taken to the hole where he will be dropped.

Logan states he is desensitized that he has experience so much pain that he can tolerate levels that a human would be in shock.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5263/pain31teai3.gif
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7796/pain48syqv0.gif
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8691/pain54hstn5.gif

talks about his coping technique and training for pain.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/82/pain78sikz7.gif
he talks about the phantom pains of his injury and the intensive pain of his body healing..

logan has stated in the past that his physical senses and attributes also makes him more sensitive to pain and amplify them where normal humans would not feel it as intensely

Omega Vision

Batman is the second greatest escape artist in the DCU after Mister Miracle. Also what are some of these feats you speak of? Can they compare to escaping the Omega Sanction?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Batman is the second greatest escape artist in the DCU after Mister Miracle. Also what are some of these feats you speak of? Can they compare to escaping the Omega Sanction?
What is the Omega Sanction, I don't read much DC out side batgirl, flash.

King Castle
What is the Omega Sanction, I don't read much DC out side batgirl, flash. a laser eye blast from darkseid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.